amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
geez, almost worth it
It's close to MSRP + tax of ONE figure so I'd say so. Like, for example, if you only wanted KK Slider. The other two trade in at Gamestop for $4-$5 each.

Price just went up to $15.70 which isn't bad still. This can be price matched at Best Buy/Target too.

Not sure if this is allowed to be talked about if not delete or whatever.

Anyone try the N2 Elite+? Trying to decide if a device like this is worth it.

Anyone try the N2 Elite+? Trying to decide if a device like this is worth it.
I think it depends from person to person really and how you would use it. I could see it being useful if you were really into training Smash characters, or if you wanted unlocks for games like Super Mario Maker, Yoshi Wooly World, or Mario Kart 8 but didn't want to buy the amiibo for it.

I think it depends from person to person really and how you would use it. I could see it being useful if you were really into training Smash characters, or if you wanted unlocks for games like Super Mario Maker, Yoshi Wooly World, or Mario Kart 8 but didn't want to buy the amiibo for it.
Ya I only have a couple, and would much rather just be able to unlock extras in games which I s why I was leaning towards.

Best buy has the 2 isabelle amiibo and 4 Kirby amiibo for preorder. Kirby is shipping only but the rest are in store too. Also animal crossing cards series 4 are available

No they were announced on the most recent Nintendo Direct.  I'm kinda meh about possibly getting them though.  It was one thing to have duplicate characters for mario-based characters, but having 3 of nearly the exact same pose for kirby figures? I don't think I can stomach it.  Might get the "new" one just in case, but likely going to pass on these like I did with AC.

Best buy has the 2 isabelle amiibo and 4 Kirby amiibo for preorder. Kirby is shipping only but the rest are in store too. Also animal crossing cards series 4 are available
Glad I'm not the only one having trouble getting Kirby for in store. I really felt bad preordering the rest because I'm at sure these will be three bucks on Amazon by July... But what if they're not???

thereefernander said:
I went to pick mine up two days later and there were a few on the shelf behind the counter, but the mother fucker grabbed one off the peg hook on the sales floor. Why the hell do I pre-order things again?
Just got back from my store. They brought me 3 from the back and let me choose which one I wanted. They had one on the peg with a price tag on it but the 3 from the back didn't. So, yeah, as usual, YMMV depending on the GS ;).

And I just now dropped $75 on 19 Disney Infinity figures. Heads up in case you didn't know, but they have a ton for $3.99 with GCU. I didn't know until I went to Best Buy this evening to return the Ryu I got cheaper at Fred Meyer and went to see the figures and noticed that most of the DI stuff was completely gone. Most of them are still available online though. It was mentioned on the CAG thread yesterday but I check that even less than I check the Amiibo thread. Too much stuff to keep track of!

No they were announced on the most recent Nintendo Direct. I'm kinda meh about possibly getting them though. It was one thing to have duplicate characters for mario-based characters, but having 3 of nearly the exact same pose for kirby figures? I don't think I can stomach it. Might get the "new" one just in case, but likely going to pass on these like I did with AC.
Yeah, I don't understand why they're giving us another amiibo with Kirby just sitting on his ass... I mean, why couldn't they do one of him in the mech suit, or an action pose like him flying or inhaling? It's just lazy.

Has anyone had success PM ing Amazon's Animal Ceossing Amiibo prices at Target and getting the B1G1 50% off to also apply?

That would makes Blathers and and Resetti about $5 each, which is my sweet spot for the AC amiibos.

Has anyone had success PM ing Amazon's Animal Ceossing Amiibo prices at Target and getting the B1G1 50% off to also apply?

That would makes Blathers and and Resetti about $5 each, which is my sweet spot for the AC amiibos.
I tried on Monday and was told they had to do each PM on a different transaction. I was there for Lucas and Yoda FX (same idea though). Still a good price, but I would've liked to see if the B1G1 50% off would stack.

Ymmv of course, as in my area PM + Cartwheel doesn't happen either.

I actually looked that up last weekend and was pretty surprised. Why don't people just buy the game and sell it? Surely you could've gotten $50-55 for it last weekend.
No you couldn't. Looking at the sold history, without the card, you could have gotten like $45 before fees, so $35 after fees.

Assuming GCU, ~$51.84 with tax, $16.84 out of pocket for the card alone on the low end.

Seems perfectly reasonable to buy just the card for $20, especially if you got a discount on eBay munnies or 5x eBay points.

It was one thing to have duplicate characters for mario-based characters, but having 3 of nearly the exact same pose for kirby figures? I don't think I can stomach it.
I get where you're coming from. I would definitely have preferred to see some new Kirby amiibos as opposed to repeat characters from the Smash Bros line. The Kirby games have tons of viable enemies for the amiibo treatment. All of them are cute, and just about all of them would make for fine amiibos. I kind-of get starting off with a repeat Kirby. It is his franchise, after all. But jumping straight to Meta-Knight and King Dedede is a bit off-putting.

All the same, I will probably get all of them. For starters, I still haven't gotten my hands on the Smash Bros King Dedede. So no real objection there on repeats. But I'm deep enough into amiibo at this point that a little repeating isn't going to stop me.

Has anyone seen anything about the Mini Mario Amiibo early access? Their site says ANY amiibo gets the code but I'm not seeing it on Best Buy, Amazon or Gamestop.

Has anyone seen anything about the Mini Mario Amiibo early access? Their site says ANY amiibo gets the code but I'm not seeing it on Best Buy, Amazon or Gamestop.
I ordered from Amazon and picked up an amiibo at best buy, and nothing. Maybe it'll get emailed later but I'm not holding my breath.

No you couldn't. Looking at the sold history, without the card, you could have gotten like $45 before fees, so $35 after fees.

Assuming GCU, ~$51.84 with tax, $16.84 out of pocket for the card alone on the low end.

Seems perfectly reasonable to buy just the card for $20, especially if you got a discount on eBay munnies or 5x eBay points.
Wow.

When I said that though I had meant something local like a CL situation or whatever. Even if you sold for $40-45, with GCU you're looking at $5-10 depending on where you live.

Still though, spending $20 for a single card is crazy.

I don't see anything on Amazon or Gamestop's websites, but looks like Best Buy has added it, next to select amiibo links it says 2 free items (wii u and 3ds code for mini mario)

Also looks like Best Buy is trying to sell codes for $4.99 as well...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mini-mario-and-friends-amiibo-challenge-digital-code-nintendo-3ds-digital-download-add-on/1000006414.p?id=1000006413&skuId=1000006414

I don't see anything on Amazon or Gamestop's websites, but looks like Best Buy has added it, next to select amiibo links it says 2 free items (wii u and 3ds code for mini mario)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mini-mario-and-friends-amiibo-challenge-digital-code-nintendo-3ds-digital-download-add-on/1000006414.p?id=1000006413&skuId=1000006414
They just have to put it in the system and don't want it to be "free" to people that do not buy figures. I'm surprised they didn't make it like $99.99 like they did with the pin set.

I wonder if they'd price match amazon for the Animal Crossing amiibos and still give the codes

Bought an amiibo today and didn't know about this promotion that seems to have started today. Looked up the Mini Mario game and I'm not interested. I have 1 Wii U code and 1 3DS code for this game, anyone want a free code for it?

Bought an amiibo today and didn't know about this promotion that seems to have started today. Looked up the Mini Mario game and I'm not interested. I have 1 Wii U code and 1 3DS code for this game, anyone want a free code for it?
I would be interested in a 3DS code if still available.

I'll take a 3ds code!

Can I get the Wii U one by chance? No code for the Roy I bought yesterday...smh

Edit: A big thank you for the code!

For those who care today 3/26 Fred Meyer has their $10 off $50 (or $20/$100;$30/$150) Electronics section coupon section which should be stackable on their B2G1 Amiibo which would make it 6 for $42.

Bought a pack of cards on Amazon I haven't gotten a code yet, I think they're usually slow with codes. Is this one code that gives you the game on both Wii U and 3DS or do you need to get two codes to get it on both systems? Also isn't gamestop doing this promo too? I don't see anything on the Gamestop website.

gamestop is doing it, i think in the link someone posted within the last 20-30 responses, its shown 2-5 retailers are doing it, gamestop and bestbuy i know are definites, i got one set of codes today. just not sure what one im going to use

Man, a rough Amiibo week for me.  I picked up my copy of Roy one day before the code promotion and missed out on the Mega Yarn Yoshi's at TRU.  

Guess this is what happens when I skip the thread for a few weeks.

Man, a rough Amiibo week for me. I picked up my copy of Roy one day before the code promotion and missed out on the Mega Yarn Yoshi's at TRU.

Guess this is what happens when I skip the thread for a few weeks.
If you have a Twitter, you should follow AmiiboNews and AmiiboAlerts, you'll be on top of every release and restock in the world.

bread's done
Back