amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm like a week late, but does anyone still have a Mini Mario code they could share with me?  Not picky about system.  If not, I guess they're public in 10 days...

So I had a dream last night that I went to TRU and found new Mario Kart, NSMB, newly announced SSB, and WWE amiibo. And I'm not even an avid amiibo collector....
WWE amiibo... no.....please no. The sheer number of smelly forever alone neckbeards who's greatest achievement in life is beating Mario kart 7 would just infest places like TRU on release day to get their hands on them. The smell would be unbearable.

Just the thought is cringeworthy.

WWE amiibo... no.....please no. The sheer number of smelly forever alone neckbeards who's greatest achievement in life is beating Mario kart 7 would just infest places like TRU on release day to get their hands on them. The smell would be unbearable.
Just the thought is cringeworthy.
Mario kart 7 was hard though...

Here's extra Mini Mario & Friends Amiibo Challenge Codes

3DS

1. B0JKQKGB4VCY0VVP

2. B0JKQHTC55DVQG87

3. B0JKQHTW3X37N7H4

4. B0JKQHTD509XQNP1

5. B0JKQKGV19Q9NFKF

WII U

1. B0JLHYV54L640Q0X

2. B0JLHLN653FVKYDS

3. B0JLHLN838VFX9GJ

4. B0JLHLN70QLLDV77

5. B0JLHYV40VB7XC8M

PSA for anyone looking to pick up the Animal Crossing amiibo figures:

I was at Target today and noticed they had signs up in front of each of the AC amiibo stating they were 3 for $20 (~$6.66 each)!
I grabbed 6 different figures (Kapp'n, Rover, Timmy & Tommy, Blathers, Celeste, & Kicks), each of which had a 3 for $20 sign with that character's name on its shelf tag, but all of them rang up full price.
I was able to get the cashier to adjust the price to the advertised 3 for $20 deal, but YMMV.

Looks like the 3 for $20 deal is also available online for a few of the Wave 1 & 2 figures:

Blathers
Kicks
Lottie
Mabel
Resetti
Tom Nook

Hope this helps anyone looking for a good deal on the AC series! :D

San Andreas was not a crap movie!
$54.5 million on it's opening weekend with $110 million budget. That is a a bomb. It is not his worst but it is just another end of the world movie. Nothing new. Also it got a 2.5 on rotten tomatoes. Just because someone makes a lot of money doesn't make them good at what they do. Example- The Kardashians.

$54.5 million on it's opening weekend with $110 million budget. That is a a bomb. It is not his worst but it is just another end of the world movie. Nothing new. Also it got a 2.5 on rotten tomatoes. Just because someone makes a lot of money doesn't make them good at what they do. Example- The Kardashians.
It made back 4 times its budget and is getting a sequel. That's the opposite of a bomb.

Opening weekend is important but....

It made back 4 times its budget and is getting a sequel. That's the opposite of a bomb.
This guy knows whats up.

San Andreas grossed 473M worldwide. You can't look at domestic box office alone anymore, 300M of it's revenue was outside the USA.

You do realize you just contradicted yourself in your own argument? You first point to sales as a barometer for something being good or bad, but later on say that popularity/making money doesn't equate to being good. So which is it?

Full disclosure: I don't care about The Rock and have never seen San Andreas.

**EDIT**
No one responds to the guy in nearly an hour and then within 30 minutes four of us start trashing him. Classic. :lol:

**EDIT 2**
Just decided to check RottenTomatoes on a whim and the movie is actually at 49%. Hardcore troll?

All I did was say that The Rock's movies are crap and they are. I responded to someone that pointed out 1 movie and provided reason. It is not trolling to respond to someone's comment one time. Sorry people got their panties bunched up because I ripped on The Rock. Also Im not the person that went back and edited their post twice. That is more trolling than me.

All I did was say that The Rock's movies are crap and they are. I responded to someone that pointed out 1 movie and provided reason. It is not trolling to respond to someone's comment one time. Sorry people got their panties bunched up because I ripped on The Rock. Also Im not the person that went back and edited their post twice. That is more trolling than me.
I had originally typed out a detailed rebuttal to this whole post, but on second thought I think I'm not even gonna bother.

Not sure why peoples blamed on Actor or Actress. Whoever wrote the story is SUCK. The Actor & Actress just do whatever the scripts is telling them to do. If they don't do it they get FIRE. Simple....the writer is SUCK make the story Suck and Suck.

Just because someone makes a lot of money doesn't make them good at what they do. Example- The Kardashians.
The Kardashians are an example of what America has come to. Their father, the patriarch of their "empire" labored for decades as a businessman, and when he died, he was only worth about $20 million. Kim is worth over two and a half times that already, and she earned it by having sex with the world's most desirable men, then flaunting it on TV shows and various other media outlets.

Not sure why peoples blamed on Actor or Actress. Whoever wrote the story is SUCK. The Actor & Actress just do whatever the scripts is telling them to do. If they don't do it they get FIRE. Simple....the writer is SUCK make the story Suck and Suck.
While there are a lot of things you could blame the screenwriters for in Batman V Superman, it is not their fault Jesse Eisenberg screwed up Lex Luthor the way he did. The fault lies squarely on the actor, another of which could have pulled it off much more effectively.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about amiibos? I know that there hasn't been a lot of amiibo news or goings-on lately, but still. This pop-culture celebrity tangent is a bit odd.

To the POS who stole my Amiibos, on Tuesday, may you be cursed until you're worm food. Shaq-Fu er.

The toysrus near my parents had two mega yarn Yoshi's so I got them to buy them for me with the buy one get one 40% off. If  I would have know about the 20% off, I would have had them wait till tomorrow. 

I really think I checked that store before. Has there been a restock of big cotton dinosaur amiibo?

The toysrus near my parents had two mega yarn Yoshi's so I got them to buy them for me with the buy one get one 40% off. If I would have know about the 20% off, I would have had them wait till tomorrow.

I really think I checked that store before. Has there been a restock of big cotton dinosaur amiibo?
Almost every TRU around me is showing stock, so I think there may have been a massive restock.

I'm starting to notice more and more copies of Pokken Tournament without the bonus Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card included.  May want to pick it up if you're on the fence about it.  Not sure if the card will eventually be sold separate or what.

I'm starting to notice more and more copies of Pokken Tournament without the bonus Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card included. May want to pick it up if you're on the fence about it. Not sure if the card will eventually be sold separate or what.
I'm getting the impression more and more that Nintendo is trying to incentivize purchases of first/early print runs through little extras. Bayonetta 2 had Bayonetta 1, Twilight Princess has the Amiibo, Star Fox Zero has Star Fox Guard, and of course Pokken Tournament with the Shadow Mewtwo.

That price tanked pretty hard, too. I'm assuming those won't work as DK in Smash Bros. or other games... correct?
Both him and the Bowser have a little switch to go between amiibo mode and Skylanders mode. I drew the line at collecting them all at this point though, not buying multiple game bundles to get special edition figures.

Still no Pokken amiibo. And still no Lucina reprint...maybe when that FE crossover game releases...

Anybody here collect Yokai medals? I'm trying to find the release date for Series 2, but all I'm finding is vague stuff like "Spring 2016" or "sometime in May/June." Can't wait for  Blazion, Bloominoko, Blizzaria, Buhu, and Damona. Actually, I love easily half of the yokai in Series 2.

Anybody ever see deals on the last few I need?  They are:

Charizard

Wario

Pit

Meta Knight

Lucina

...I think that's it.  Thanks for any leads!

Same here. Been waiting for those to go down, since I decided I won't buy anymore AC at launch anymore.

Question: for the Amiibo game Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge, do you need to scan the amiibo every time you want to play, or if you scan an amiibo once - does it unlock forever?

bread's done
Back