amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody ever see deals on the last few I need? They are:

Charizard

Wario

Pit

Meta Knight

Lucina

...I think that's it. Thanks for any leads!
Charizard is on Best Buy and Gamestop's website. A deal if you have GCU on Best Buy. A deal on Gamestop if you have cheaply made credit.

The rest on your list, Kirby, Gold/Mega Man, Samus, Wii Fit Trainer, Ness, Robin, King Dedede, Rosalina, and Paultena of the Smash Bros. line still elude me as well. I'm just too lazy to pick up Ryu at the moment.

I bet the Amiibo manufacturers are hating the trophy designers for Bayonetta, with her hair flying out like that. That's going to be a bitch to translate into physical reality, and there's a lot of other detail on her too. If they pull it off it could be the best amiibo yet, though.

Inkling Boy and Girl are currently $6.99 at Best Buy and Tom Nook $4.99 at Best Buy as the deal of the day. Before GCU.
I ordered Animal Crossing Series Resetti , Blathers and Cyrus/K.K./Reese three pack this morning with GCU. This deal is much better than what I posted yesterday.

I live in a shitty area with mostly Wal-Marts so I don't have the luxury of TRU or Best Buy to look for these so if this question sounds odd well you know why...All the Wal-Marts around here have had the same amiibos since like January. Is there some sort of shortage again on new (possibly a Wal-Mart thing as I know if you go onlime you can find pretty much anything current) and old ones or do all of these Wal-Marts just suck with their amiibo shipments? One of the them is infamous for being shit in all things game related but the other few are pretty reputable and have new things in stock quite often and are generally run pretty good so my theory that the one is just being its usual poor self kinda got shot down.

After the Walmart Black Friday fiasco that was Modern Mario, I've noticed that the amiibo displays of Walmarts in my area have rarely (if ever) been restocked. After they clearanced out the last of Modern Mario, they had a tiny restock of Zelda characters and maybe a few Yarn Yoshi a couple weeks later. Half of the pegs remain empty most of time. The other half hangs mostly Animal Crossing amiibo, not many Smash amiibo. Maybe Animal Crossing is all Walmart has to refill shelves with now.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty much what I see. A crapton of the bit Marios left from BF, Zelda, various yarn Yoshi colors which I now forget which ones, some Mewtwos, and many commons of that ink series or whatever it's called with the little kid looking things. Oh yeah and the Animal Crossing ones.

Still haven't had my local GS call that my Roy pre-order is ready for pickup. Guess I'll stop by tomorrow.
They probably won't call - they never did for me, I just went over there and picked it up the day it was supposed to be released. The clerk had it hid in a drawer under the counter.

Seriously, more Splatoon amiibo? At least my wallet gets about a month to breathe after the Kirby series/Summer Isabelle/AC S4 cards in June.

The video makes it look like the actual amiibo don't do anything for gameplay. It just gives you access to songs and some sort of voyeur mode for the two characters :p. I'll pass.

Wow, you guys must be a little insecure if a few Miku figs are freaking you out... Compared to most things that come out of Japan, those are extremely tame.

So Squid Sisters incoming, eh? Odd that they decide to produce more amiibo for a game that's over a year old without any real need to (not new DLC characters like Smash). Guess they couldn't ignore how massively popular Splatoon is, especially in Japan.

Splatoon has been an addiction since picking it up on Black Friday. I am so in for Caliie and Marie!

EDIT: Though, after watching the video, I'm kinda disappointed they'll just dance. Was hoping for more mini games and possibly more single-player stuff.

I'll wait on the alternate color Inkling amiibo, but I'll probably get the Sisters pack on release date. I'd imagine the alternate color ones will see a price drop pretty soon or be an AMZ Warehouse deal.

Wow, you guys must be a little insecure if a few Miku figs are freaking you out... Compared to most things that come out of Japan, those are extremely tame.
I know, I wasn't going to say anything in return because I thought it was a silly response but to collect Amiibos and think you're somehow better than people collecting other type of figures is a bit surreal haha.

I know, I wasn't going to say anything in return because I thought it was a silly response but to collect Amiibos and think you're somehow better than people collecting other type of figures is a bit surreal haha.
The thing is that when grown men collect amiibos it's probably not because they find them sexually arousing. Those models are weird because I'm guessing that's why you have them

The thing is that when grown men collect amiibos it's probably not because they find them sexually arousing. Those models are weird because I'm guessing that's why you have them
Except I don't. I like the games, Enjoy the hell out of the music & I like the Modules enough to buy a figures of the ones I like. Your take is a rather misconstrued one at best and childish at worst.

There's alot of jokes already for ppl collecting female Amiibos out there & Noone is accusing you or anyone of them.

But in the end, I doubt you'd want to start to get into an argument about the stereotypes thrown at Amiibo collectors vs other type of figure collectors at this point in time.

Not only did my local GS not call me for my Roy Amiibo pre-order, they also didn't have one waiting for me. Luckily they had an extra on the shelf. Hurray for pre-ordering!

Not only did my local GS not call me for my Roy Amiibo pre-order, they also didn't have one waiting for me. Luckily they had an extra on the shelf. Hurray for pre-ordering!
GS hasn't called people for pre-orders for years and the Roy amiibo relased over a month ago on 3/18. They probably held yours for 2-7 days. And you just figured out you were missing him now.

GS hasn't called people for pre-orders for years and the Roy amiibo relased over a month ago on 3/18. They probably held yours for 2-7 days. And you just figured out you were missing him now.
I've seen several people say that but I got a phone call for something I bought in 2015 from the GS I frequent. I wonder if that was just a courtesy since they know me.

I think it might vary by store or location. Before I moved, my local GS either called or sent me a text every time, and as recently as last May.

My new local store hasn't done it once, though I have only preordered from them twice since moving in July.

Not sure if you're a complete prude, a judgmental asshat, or sexually insecure. Either way, piss off with this shit, you're no better, I'm sure with digging someone could find much worse on you than a person who owns a few figures.

So, going to pick up the 5 new Splatoon amiibo... don't even have the game anymore :/

Oh crap, I thought his release was 4/28. I was going by Japanese release date OTL

So to clarify, they didn't call me back in March, my pre-order still shows as open on GS site. and whatever I have him now ^^

Oh crap, I thought his release was 4/28. I was going by Japanese release date OTL

So to clarify, they didn't call me back in March, my pre-order still shows as open on GS site. and whatever I have him now ^^
Now that he's out in Japan I hope they make his Amiibo compatible with fates, although I doubt it will happen

Yeah, that open pre-order shit never goes away. I pre-ordered a Danganronpa game for my Vita that came out back in August or September, and I guess the employee didn't do the transaction right, because my account still shows it as open, awaiting pick-up, and I never got the points for it.

bread's done
Back