amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Kirby set in yesterday, they look very nice and the bases are a nice choice. A small set is much better way to go moving forward.
I forgotten new KIRBY Set coming out yesterday. Oh well, Only i wants now is Corrin, Bayonetta and Cloud. E3 is next week and possible the last 3 SMB is coming out between July or August ;)

2 for $20 on all "single toys to life figures" at TRU.  Time to get your arguing skills on since Mega Yarn Yoshi is a single figure.

The new Kirby set does indeed look nice.  I think I'm going to try and hold out for them to get into the $6 to $8 price range though.  Hope I don't regret it.

The new Kirby set does indeed look nice. I think I'm going to try and hold out for them to get into the $6 to $8 price range though. Hope I don't regret it.
I'd be surprised if they sell out like in the olden days. Since the amiibo bubble burst, people aren't going ape shit over them anymore and even ones that would have been mega rare, in days past, are still available in stores (here's looking at you Roy). You'll probably be fine waiting for these to hit clearance

With sales over 3 million and 1.5 million of those from Japan, hard to say that Happy Home Designer was a failure.
HHD was definitely the better of the two AC games. Also I have heard that it is not bad, just simple, limited and not a real AC game. There is probably some fun to be had there at least.

No news on Cloud, Bayonetta, or Corrin Amiibos.

I guess they're saving the announcements for them until Tuesday?

No news on Cloud, Bayonetta, or Corrin Amiibos.

I guess they're saving the announcements for them until Tuesday?
I wonder if we are going to see shortages again for this batch? You have a mega popular character (Cloud), a Fire Emblem character (Corrin) and an extremely niche character (Bayonetta). Combine that with possible less production as I'm sure Nintendo has seen all of their latest amiibo releases languish on store shelves and see deep retailer discounts. Purely speculation on my part but I can definitely see it happening again. I will be preordering the minute I see them available for preorder at Best Buy.

Thank you very much! Got the ones I wanted with Prime discount applied. All still in stock FYI (doubt we'll be running out of these any time soon, honestly).

Was it automatic or did you have to argue that the sale should apply?
I picked up the last/only two at my local TRU and it was automatic, initially rang up $80+ then the cashier hit total and it dropped to $21.xx. No manager needed, no arguing about whether it should work or not, it just did.

I picked up the last/only two at my local TRU and it was automatic, initially rang up $80+ then the cashier hit total and it dropped to $21.xx. No manager needed, no arguing about whether it should work or not, it just did.
Thanks! I'm gonna try to find 2 and sell the other. I can't find it on their site, is there an item number?

Going to pick up those 3 Zelda amiibo, but I think just the new characters for the Mario series. Maybe I'll complete the set later on if the rest go on sale for $5-$7 like a few have recently.

I wasn't expecting the Mario series to be expanded (at least not with the same base, sure, maybe with another game), but I guess that means we can expect more additions in the future. The Mario series might just give the Smash series a run for it's money in size.

Based on the pictures, I'm guessing the Guardian amiibo can only have the legs adjusted at the base,... still neat to have some movement though.

Am I the only one who thinks this way, but I really don't associate Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong as super Mario characters. I always put them in their own DK "bucket"

Am I the only one who thinks this way, but I really don't associate Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong as super Mario characters. I always put them in their own DK "bucket"
Donkey Kong, yes. Not Diddy tho. I'd rather they make a Birdo amiibo

I do hope they release an enemy line. Goombas, Koopas, Bullet Bill, Shy Guy, Hammer Bros, etc.

That's a pretty extensive line. I'd imagine they'd only do the most popular ones.

Super Mario Bros. does have some delightfully iconic enemies. It would be great to see some amiibos of them, as opposed to just Bowser and the main protagonists. We're seeing a little bit of this with the Boo amiibo. Personally, I'm hoping for a Dry Bones.

Already pre-ordered these new SMB amiibos via Amazon. I know some of them will probably get cheaper prices, as has happened with the Animal Crossing line. But with the pre-order price discount on Amazon, and the risk of some figures becoming rare, I usually just go for the pre-order these days. I also really like the convenience of having these things shipped straight to my door. It saves me the trouble of waking up early and lining up outside a store.

Nintendo has learned. There's amiibo shortages again. Donkey Kong, Diddy, Boo, and Wario are now sold out on Amazon. I only wanted the glow in the dark Boo. :wall:

bread's done
Back