amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha... guess that came out wrong. Just saying, at some point, I'd think interest in these would have peaked off. I mean, a number of these have gone on clearance already but seems like any time they announce a new line, hype is re-newed.
Ah, I see what you're saying.

It's a vocal minority thing, I think. There was always going to be a smaller, hardcore base that wanted all of these, whether initial stock was hard to find or not. I'm something of a collector and love Nintendo, so buying any and all of these things was something I was going to do regardless. The initial stock problems brought in a much larger base, for mostly all the wrong reasons, and now that they're easily obtainable most of that group have moved on.

People like me will always get excited about any kind of amiibo-related announcements. I am glad I can wait for sales now though, since a lot of interest has died off.

That's correct. There is a 50% bonus on all games, which becomes an extra $12.50 for trading it in and if you have the Pro membership, it becomes $40
Good point. So it's like $37 without it? Time for me to dump this game. Only wanted the Amiibo.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Any hints on Cloud or Bayonetta yet? Also, any good deals on Pit? Those are the only 3 I am missing from the smash line. 

The fact that they're pushing more stock for older lines gives me some hope for a Robin/Lucina restock... like an actual one, not the early morning one at TRU that lasted like 10 minutes.
Same, though I did import Lucina.

I'm also hoping they reprint Ness. I know they did one restock a while back but it was still nothing like they're doing now and I was unable to obtain one. If Robin & Ness don't show up again soon I'll just import them. I'm tired of waiting while NoA is just sitting on their hands.

The only people opposed to a 3-pack would be in-box collectors. 3-pack would make things easier for me.

(Well, maybe a few Bayonetta only people, I suppose...)

I wouldn't expect a 3 pack for the last 3 as the only thing they have in common is that they're the last 3. Still, I don't care as long as we get them. I just want to complete my smash set.

Btw.. did anyone hear or see if the Alt Color 3-pack splatoon does anything different then the normal colors in game? I dont want it if its the same as the orig 3 pack. 

Was near a Best Buy and went to check out the new Kirby series amiibo and sure enough... you guessed it... a NECKBEARD was in the aisle stinking it all up.   I'm so sick of these wastes of space.  I won't go into any details because I've come to the realization that such bottom feeders of society aren't even worth the time it takes to speak poorly about them.  I'm done talking about such vermin, but I leave you with one final note.

Yes+that+s+the+point+honestly+even+before+the+whole+neckbeard+_af31ab344ad8bc67fcaf0a56b2da21cf.jpg

4/10. You get 2 points for taking the time to find a photo on the internet. You lose a point for not using a picture of an actual neck beard.

I found these small spice racks at Wal-Mart for $3.88 / each.  I really like having them tiered instead of all on a flat surface.  I think it makes the display much nicer.

[attachment=22741:shelves.jpg]

anyone know any good game and watch bases?

ive seen some 3d printed ones on etsy for about $15 but was wondering if anyone here had bought some or know any cheaper ones

Since I asked the question and got no response here, I figured I'd post what I finally found out.

The new Kirby series is slightly different than the Smash Kirby amiibo. new Kirby work the same in Smash, but the Smash Kirby do not do quite the same things in the new Kirby game. The big difference is that actual new Kirby amiibo gives you a UFO power up in the new game; Meta Knight and King Dedede both give you weapons using either the new Kirby or Smash Kirby Amiibo, but using the new Kirby also give you a "mask" and "hat" to wear respectively that you don't get from the Smash Kirby amiibo.

Received my Wario amiibo from BestBuy, and the condition could be better. Oh well. Still happy to add him to the collection.
27dd1ac0d6c1bbb73bf11310b7173523.jpg

449b308b4620abe2c17c49c6eaa4ebf8.jpg

7a25ea370ec7e752f39da1bddf13876e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

For you NIB collectors: I noticed my NIBs in a closet have slowly degraded. Some cardboard has started warping, and some plastic shells are separating from the cardboard backing. Hard to imagine them remaining in good shape after 10-20 years, even just sitting on the shelf.

My area isn't particularly humid, but maybe if I had a perfectly humidity-controlled environment, it would have held up better.

For you NIB collectors: I noticed my NIBs in a closet have slowly degraded. Some cardboard has started warping, and some plastic shells are separating from the cardboard backing. Hard to imagine them remaining in good shape after 10-20 years, even just sitting on the shelf.

My area isn't particularly humid, but maybe if I had a perfectly humidity-controlled environment, it would have held up better.
Yea I have feeling im going to open all mine except the Fire Emblem ones.

I was NIB for a long time because I couldn't figure out a good way to display everything. Then I decided to tear them all open and it felt so good.

I found out from working at Best Buy all of the Toys to life packaging are pretty much the same and the glue that holds them together is awful and lots of the old skylanders packaging just fall apart i had to staple them back on.

I found out from working at Best Buy all of the Toys to life packaging are pretty much the same and the glue that holds them together is awful and lots of the old skylanders packaging just fall apart i had to staple them back on.
Odd question I've always wondered. As a BB employee, do you get a discount that stacks with GCU? They be amazing for you if so.

Odd question I've always wondered. As a BB employee, do you get a discount that stacks with GCU? They be amazing for you if so.
amiibo is one of the rare things that are cheaper with employee discount rather than with GCU but not by much.

bread's done
Back