amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My Best Buy left me a voicemail telling me that my preorder for the Callie and Marie amiibo was canceled since they apparently have zero stock and no other stores in my area have it either apparently. It's not available for store pickup at all now. This is extremely annoying. 

My Best Buy left me a voicemail telling me that my preorder for the Callie and Marie amiibo was canceled since they apparently have zero stock and no other stores in my area have it either apparently. It's not available for store pickup at all now. This is extremely annoying.
At least they told you. One of the employees at my store stole my Pit amiibo and everyone behind the counter lied about it saying it was a computer glitch. Manager refused to do anything about it.

All of the new Splatoon amiibo still show in stock at Best Buy, so worst case you can order them for delivery.

At least they told you. One of the employees at my store stole my Pit amiibo and everyone behind the counter lied about it saying it was a computer glitch. Manager refused to do anything about it.

All of the new Splatoon amiibo still show in stock at Best Buy, so worst case you can order them for delivery.

I'm guessing thats just your paranoia. Mistakes do happen.

I'm guessing thats just your paranoia. Mistakes do happen.
Wrong. Well, about the paranoia, at least. Best Buy and mistakes go together like peaches and cream.

I overheard one of the employees while waiting on the Lucario launch at Toys R Us and found out exactly what happened. The employee who was trying to ring it up also confirmed with me on a later visit. I guess she was just having a shitty day in the first place.

I wasn't calling for blood or anything, but any kind of gesture would have been appreciated after I spent over 2 hours going to the store and being told to pound sand. At no point was I irate or unreasonable, but I was turned away all the same. Elite Plus member, which counts for nothing. I don't feel bad for ordering doubles of all the Splatoon amiibo and leaving them there to sit. At least I know the store has stock for anyone who wants them.

I picked up the Squid Sisters pack and the color variation 3-pack at Target this morning. Most of the Targets in the area didn't actually get any stock for them. I had to go a little out of my way to stop by the one store that did. There may not be as much demand for these as there used to be, but I still like them.

They are nice.

They have one new song each on them, for anybody that actually opens/used them. The rest are songs already in the game.

Is anyone's Marie from the recent Splatoon amiibo release discolored? I received my order in the mail from Best Buy yesterday and noticed a light brown color under her lip. Kinda makes it look like she has a goatee or beard of some sort!

I've attached some pics to show.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:22855]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:22854]

Does the new kirby amiibo work with mario kart 8 to get the mii character suit? And does he and waddle dee work in super mario maker???

I've been away from this thread for quite some time. Has there been any word on the amiibo for the final few DLC characters from the SSB collection? I feel like we have been waiting an eternity for them. 

I just got the Donkey Kong amiibo stands from Amazon. They are pretty sturdy and look great. I'd give them a perfect 5/7.
Wow, that is an impressive display. If I had that, my two children - both under 4 - would destroy it.

Not to mention the amount of packaging that was destroyed: I just hope those Robin, Lucina, and Gold Mario figures weren't U.S. versions.
Why? Some people buy toys/collectibles to enjoy, not as an investment. And as far as investments go, collectibles tend to be very bad investments unless you get really lucky or puts lots of time into finding the things. And then Nintendo can simply yank the value right out from under you just like they did with Marth.

Not to mention the amount of packaging that was destroyed: I just hope those Robin, Lucina, and Gold Mario figures weren't U.S. versions.
Oh then I regret to inform you that I opened an entire set of US Amiibo, shredded the cardbacks, and threw away all of the packaging.

They're toys for fucks sake people, not retirement plans.

Oh then I regret to inform you that I opened an entire set of US Amiibo, shredded the cardbacks, and threw away all of the packaging.

They're toys for fucks sake people, not retirement plans.
Don't forget, these are probably kids or twenty somethings, and still believe collectibles are viable places to put money.
They've not seen the absolute implosion of the comic book market, Baseball cards going from "all the money" to "Not worth the paper it's printed on unless it's a rare 1/1000 pack variant with a scrap of jersey on it", Pogs. Or pretty much every major toyline from the late 90s on.

Why? Some people buy toys/collectibles to enjoy, not as an investment. And as far as investments go, collectibles tend to be very bad investments unless you get really lucky or puts lots of time into finding the things. And then Nintendo can simply yank the value right out from under you just like they did with Marth.
There's a way to handle a craze and there's a way to allow that craze to handle you. Anyone that didn't capitalize on the fact that these things were going for ridiculous resale prices missed out. My entire collection and some was paid for through trading and selling of an unopened collection. Nintendo basically gave me and many others these amiibos for free, and while picking them up I received free entertainment by being able to watch the neck beards at the local stores fail at being able to handle such a craze in the correct fashion. We here at CAG have the benefit of being contributing, tax paying, extroverted, respectful members of society while the typical neck beard continues to walk a life of misery, shame, and without purpose as they simply have no clue as to how they should carry themselves in life.

CAGs stay winning, while they stay losing.

Can't say that your comments would place you in Camp Respectful but anyway...

My local GameStops have had a ton of preowned amiibo in the last couple months. I got some extra Smash Yoshi, a Charizard, and a Mewtwo to paint. I've even seen Samus, Kirby, and Dedede. If you're out and about anyway, it wouldn't hurt to stop by GameStop and see what they have.

I don't know if it had been mentioned, but the KK/Cyrus/Reese three pack is $13.19 at Target right now, available to ship as well as store pick up (what I did).

Since KK is the only one I wanted out of this pack, I figure I'll just trade Reese/Cyrus in to GameStop for $3.58 apiece. The news about the upcoming Animal Crossing update got me wanting these suddenly, for some reason...

Saw on front page but thought I should post here just in case: new Kirby Series Amiibo are ~9.00 (Prime only?) on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Meta-Knight-amiibo-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B01CKH0W94?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&tag=cheapassgam08-20

I'm really only interested in the Smash series and a few random side ones (Splatoon, Mario series that don't overlap with Smash) but some may be interested.
I do want the Kirby series, but not until they hit AC prices ($4-5). If that doesn't happen, I'll pass.

Regarding the remaining Smash characters, did Nintendo ever say they were actually making them or did everyone one just assume they were making them? 

Regarding the remaining Smash characters, did Nintendo ever say they were actually making them or did everyone one just assume they were making them?
They did actually say we would get them, but it's odd that there's been no word after well over 6 months. Either something's wrong (production, licensing), or they're holding them back for some reason. It's weird.

They did actually say we would get them, but it's odd that there's been no word after well over 6 months. Either something's wrong (production, licensing), or they're holding them back for some reason. It's weird.
Maybe holding them back for holidays? Actually aside from the Monster Hunter Amiibo are there any other Amiibo on the horizon that have release dates?

FYI, if you are in the buffalo area, the south gate plaza GameStop just got a huge trade in of Amiibo. I grabbed a lot of figures I didn't have but there was still a rosalina, Ike, Mac, bowser jr, samus (original suit), pit , and many others when I left. I grabbed a Wii fit trainer, marth, gold Mario, Kirby, toon link, wario, diddy Kong, meta knight smash series, King dedede, and lucario
Here is my receipt for proof[attachment=23135:image.jpeg]
I hope this helps someone

Boo, Waluigi, Daisy and new Wario, Diddy and Donkey in November.
Wow can't believe I forgot about those, I even have them preordered lol I feel dumb now. Wonder when more stuff will get announced like smash.

Glad to see I'm not the only one still hanging around for the last few Smash amiibo... wonder what's taking so long?
Amiibos aren't selling as well and they're rethinking the whole thing?

We all know Cloud would sell like hotcakes, so I'm also puzzled as to why they haven't been released yet. Hopefully we get some info soon.

So I went to price match Amazon's prices of thr Waddle Dee, King Dedede, and Meta Knight amiibos at Best Buy and on the way out, I caught a glimpse of another Meta Knight at the bottom of an inventory cart but it wasn't a Kirby series MK, it was a lone SSB Meta Knight in near pristine condition! I never got a chance to even see the in stores and I find one on my birthday of all days!

15nqd5i.jpg

So I went to price match Amazon's prices of thr Waddle Dee, King Dedede, and Meta Knight amiibos at Best Buy and on the way out, I caught a glimpse of another Meta Knight at the bottom of an inventory cart but it wasn't a Kirby series MK, it was a lone SSB Meta Knight in near pristine condition! I never got a chance to even see the in stores and I find one on my birthday of all days!

15nqd5i.jpg

I'm totally jelly.

Still wish I could find a bunch of the Smash series. Wish the Kirby series worked with the Smash series. Having two Luigis, Marios, Bowsers, and Peaches from both the Smash and Mario series seems redundant in my opinion.

Stilling kicking myself for not picking up Samus, Mega Man, and Silver Mario about a year ago.

Also, thinking about getting the Splatoon series of amiibo. Despite not having a Wii U or the game.

In my defense, I have managed to resist getting into the Animal Crossing amiibos/card collecting.

bread's done
Back