amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure they are reevaluating their business, especially production run #s, and deciding what will sell well. We'll probably see the rest of the Smash characters during Christmas.
The only thing they have reevaluated is painting splatoon characters a different color and hoping someone will buy them instead of not buying anything from them until Cloud and Bayonetta are released as intended. I've even seen neck beards at the local gamestops turn there nose up to their fedora and refuse to buy them. When they can't even get a neck beard to purchase, you know somebody at Nintendo f'd up.

I was surprised they continued the Mario party line after the less than stellar sales of that game and the disaster of the animal crossing Amiibo series.
I have enjoyed picking these up preowned at GameStop with the b2g3 free sale
But the initial Mario Party line was all repeats from Smash, except Toad. There are much better ones that will sell this time. You can't compare that to Animal Crossing (or even Kirby).

I'm sure they are reevaluating their business, especially production run #s, and deciding what will sell well. We'll probably see the rest of the Smash characters during Christmas.
The funniest part about all of this were the armchair CEOs that all insisted Nintendo done screwed up good by under-estimating the demand. How if they made enough for demand they would be doing soo much better. Well now they have met demand and retailers have to clearance them out. And not just the Animal Crossing ones, I've seen many of the ones thought to be popular going on clearance. The thing that was propping up the craze was the rarity, now that they aren't rare (many of them that is), only people that like them want them.

If they are re-evaluating the business, they need to ignore the people that were screaming for them to up numbers and do big re-prints. Everyone wanted Marth until everyone could get Marth, then no one cared.

They are completely worthless, but it is nice to add to the collection at a low price. Especially if you like the Splatoon series. Who knows, maybe they'll be even cheaper during Black Friday. I'm weak and bought them now.

At this point, I'm glad for a relatively high diversity within the figure line, that rather than lots of lazy repaints, they're been an actually pretty significant amount of diversity, and they've gone pretty deep into the rosters of some games. 

The only thing they have reevaluated is painting splatoon characters a different color and hoping someone will buy them instead of not buying anything from them until Cloud and Bayonetta are released as intended. I've even seen neck beards at the local gamestops turn there nose up to their fedora and refuse to buy them. When they can't even get a neck beard to purchase, you know somebody at Nintendo f'd up.
I would think that Splatoon is a series that "neckbeards" couldn't give two shits about, that's why the lack of interest from that segment of the buying population anyway. They will go crazy for the last 3 Smash characters though.

^
I'm fairly certain he's cabable of working that out on his own, but wanted to inject his characteristic "neckbeard" nonsense into this page of the thread anyway.

Cool, cheapo Lucina incoming. Actually, I'm up for a new pose. (But that might be because I already have a NiB and a custom painted Lucy.) I do prefer the look of New Kirby to Old Kirby--if only functionality was the same.

Guys, I just want some Pokémon amiibo. Guess Nintendo can't convince the Pokémon Company to go for it.

Guess I'm going to have to get that yarn dog amiibo as well... there you go again Nintendo.  Obviously those new Zelda amiibo will be purchased as well -- that OoT one looks amazing! Please post pre-order links once available if you guys see 'em anywhere too :)

So is this Nintendo's new tactic? Rather than finish the Smash line so people can say "I have the entire Smash set, I'm done", they just dangle new lines and/or one-offs to keep people hooked? 

So is this Nintendo's new tactic? Rather than finish the Smash line so people can say "I have the entire Smash set, I'm done", they just dangle new lines and/or one-offs to keep people hooked?
Are you not entertained?

In for Zelda and I'll probably pick up the Yoshi game bundle too.

I want, and will acquire, the entire Zelda line. The pixel-Link in particular is right in my wheelhouse. I hunger for it's nostalgic perfection. The original Legend of Zelda continues to be among my favorite games of all time, ever.

I want those more than anything. Not sure what the hold up is....they can't say the reason is Amiibos are selling poorly if they continue to pump them out like this.

Also good/bad news regarding amiibo depending on your perspective. Samus , Pit, Robin, Gold Mario, Mega man, Sonic are all getting reprints as well. 

Also good/bad news regarding amiibo depending on your perspective. Samus , Pit, Robin, Gold Mario, Mega man, Sonic are all getting reprints as well.
Finally, I can actually use Robin and Lucina in Fire Emblem Fates! All I need to finish the fire emblem collection is Corrin now.

I want, and will acquire, the entire Zelda line. The pixel-Link in particular is right in my wheelhouse. I hunger for it's nostalgic perfection. The original Legend of Zelda continues to be among my favorite games of all time, ever.
There is a World of Nintendo pixel Link that looks exactly the same, and is probably about half the price if you aren't worried about the amiibo functionality, or if you just want one right now.

I'm passing on Zelda amiibo....unless they end up being $5 or so with GCU someday.  The OoT and pixel Link look very nice though.

Yes yes yes. I love the fact that we're celebrating Zelda's 30th with some sweet new amiibo. I was worried after that New Galaxy 3DS mess.

....I'll probably be picking up a yarn Poochy as well. He's so frickin adorable.

Tried to find a source and/or the complete list of amiibo reprints upcoming, but I'm coming up empty so far. Links?

Yes yes yes. I love the fact that we're celebrating Zelda's 30th with some sweet new amiibo. I was worried after that New Galaxy 3DS mess.

....I'll probably be picking up a yarn Poochy as well. He's so frickin adorable.

Tried to find a source and/or the complete list of amiibo reprints upcoming, but I'm coming up empty so far. Links?
CPSIA Updates straight from the Nintendo Website. Check the amiibo subreddit if you want to follow amiibo news more closely. Those guys are much more active than this thread.

bread's done
Back