amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also good/bad news regarding amiibo depending on your perspective. Samus , Pit, Robin, Gold Mario, Mega man, Sonic are all getting reprints as well.
Not that I don't believe you, but do you have a source? And to which stores are the reprints being distributed?

Nintendo getting crazy.  Where's NERO, Bayonetta and CLOUD?  Zelda is selling well and will not sell out. I'm holding for 1/2 off.  Too much money to spend for holiday but not on Zelda.

Did the 30th anniversary Zelda Amiibos sell out, or did Amazon pull them? I can't even find them through the Amazon mobile app.

Unless the amiibo market was suddenly reignited, I figure they're just down for a while.

Then again, Link was the best selling figure overall so I guess nobody knows for sure.

I'm pretty certain they pulled them for the time being, probably have no idea on counts yet.  All of the things they announced got pulled down, the Zelda Amiibos, Mario Maker 3DS, Poochi/Yoshi Wooly World, etc.  They didn't sell out all of those that fast.

I'm pretty certain they pulled them for the time being, probably have no idea on counts yet. All of the things they announced got pulled down, the Zelda Amiibos, Mario Maker 3DS, Poochi/Yoshi Wooly World, etc. They didn't sell out all of those that fast.
I agree, they made a mistake, or didn't have proper qty numbers yet, so pulled everything so as to not have issues. And with these coming in for the holidays, I expect HUGE qty's and then some.

These Amiibo's are better than most quality wise, so I don't see them making these hard to get, but where "N" is involved, I won't be surprised if it happens in the end.

Pre-ordered all three as well. I should skip the WW set since I have the Nendoroids, but I kinda want to have the complete Zelda Amiibo set.

Oh man, I'm getting sucked back into these. I was just reminded about the upcoming archer, horseback, and guardian amiibo too.

As I've yet to see ANY Zelda character reach the dirt cheap levels, I put in an order for the 8-bit and Wind Waker versions. Many of the Kirby Series figures have dropped just below the $5 line, which for me is the "go" price.

It might be worth checking local game stores for decent prices. Most of them are loose at one of my local places, but they do have some boxed stuff lower than retail sometimes. Toon Link was still $30 there though.

I've started grabbing a few loose myself. Mewtwo and Ganondorf for $4 each, NES ROB for only $1.

For those local CAGs, Kirby amiibo is $3.88 at the Garner NC Target (confirmed), Holly Springs Target, and a few others acording to brickseek.

East Garner Target is out of stock, but Garner Target still had 4 as of 3pm today.

Ymmv for the restayas. DPCI 207-03-4028

Edit: Rest of the Kirby series still MSRP there. Just PM Amazon prices if you want em.

Picked up Kirby Amiibo $3.88 at local Target Lees Summit.  Also, picked up the rest 3 Kirby Amiibos from Amazon.  All 4 amiibos under $20 is super GOOD DEAL.  Now waits for Zelda amiibos line dropping 50% or more ;)

Nice tip on the Kirby being clearanced at Target, was able to pick up all four Kirby series Amiibos for under $20. But why won't the Animal Crossing Amiibos go that low? I'd love to get them for ~$4.xx each but they won't seem to go below $6.xx.

Probably YMMV but a Target in Chicago had a lot of Amiibos on clearance. Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus were $6.48, Ryu and Kirby (Kirby series) were $3.88, and the Splatoon three pack (alt colors) was $17.48.

Also, can anyone give me the DCPI for the 30th Anniversary Mario Amiibo (classic color)?

Lottie has dropped to $3.88 at Target. For SoCal CAGs, it's the Burbank store, they have a lot.

I found a Callie and Marie for $7.48 in Belleville, IL.  It took me a while to find since someone stashed it behind the Guitar Hero boxes.  I also picked up a Kirby and a Ryu for $3.88 each.

No Kirby near me at any price, but I stopped at another Target on the way home from a trip.  Supposed to have 1 Kirby at the 3.88 price according to Brickseek.  Well they had it, but it had no clearance sticker and scanned at the self scanner for 6.48.  Got all excited for nothing.

Yeah for some reason, it seems to take a couple days for the clearance price shown on brickseek to effect. At the Garner Target store, when Kirby dropped to 9.08 on brickseek Wednesday, it wasn't until the following Sunday that the price undated in store. Then he dropped 6.48 and finally 3.88 in the same fashion. I had to call to confirm the in-store price, because it never reflected brickseek's on the first day of the change.

If I were you, I'd just buy Kirby at 6.48 and be done with it.

Spotted 2 RYU amiibo without clearance tag and price check both show up $3.88.  Also, Target  have 3 clearance tag on Far Cry 4 Compete Version (X1) $14.98 and another 2 regular copies have $14.98 as well.  End up picked up 2nd copy Xenoblaze and Hyrule Warriors $18 Each.  Good TRIP :)

FYI:  Anyone here live in Liberty, Missouri!   Target in liberty have crappy 30% clearance if you want  go Chouteau Trafficway, Independence, or Lees summit.   Also, Bestbuy in Liberty is clear out few GOOD amiibos 50% off with GUC under $6 Each (Zelda, RYU, Samus Suit, and few other)  by the FRONT DOOR. 

man the play asia sale for them is really great. gonna snag a roy and ryu amiibo. ive never actually gotten a foreign amiibo before. do they work normally in english released games cause i intend to get a few for my nephew for xmas if so.

http://www.play-asia.com/sale-amiibo-favorites-are-as-low-as-3-99-5-99-7-99-right-now/5f/748cj?affiliate_id=16202
Yes, all foreign amiibo will work in any game they are designed to. Those are some nice prices. I'm pretty sure you have to pay for shipping, but still a good deal if you buy a number of them.

Yes, all foreign amiibo will work in any game they are designed to. Those are some nice prices. I'm pretty sure you have to pay for shipping, but still a good deal if you buy a number of them.
Just wanted to reconfirm they do the same thing. I snagged a Japanese Toon Link and Sheik and they work fine.

From a collector/value point of view, is it time to start picking up some of the harder to find amiibos or do we expect Nintendo to continually re-release past figures? If this has been covered elsewhere I'd appreciate a link.

From a collector/value point of view, is it time to start picking up some of the harder to find amiibos or do we expect Nintendo to continually re-release past figures? If this has been covered elsewhere I'd appreciate a link.
Many rarer ones are getting reprinted like Robin and Gold Mario, but for some reason it seems like Nintendo is dead set against reprinting a few of the rarer ones like Palutena and Rosalina. I would at least wait for this Christmas because there's almost guaranteed to be another "Look who's back!" display at GameStop with reprints of rare Amiibos.

Many rarer ones are getting reprinted like Robin and Gold Mario, but for some reason it seems like Nintendo is dead set against reprinting a few of the rarer ones like Palutena and Rosalina. I would at least wait for this Christmas because there's almost guaranteed to be another "Look who's back!" display at GameStop with reprints of rare Amiibos.

bread's done
Back