amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy 12/25-12/31 ad:

• Get 2 Free amiibo Figures when you buy any Animal Crossing game (Does not include amiibo cards or triple packs)

It's not clear if the amiibo deal works on any figures or just Animal Crossing skus. Resetti and Tom Nook are pictured with Animal Crossing 3DS.

Best Buy 12/25-12/31 ad:

• Get 2 Free amiibo Figures when you buy any Animal Crossing game (Does not include amiibo cards or triple packs)

It's not clear if the amiibo deal works on any figures or just Animal Crossing skus. Resetti and Tom Nook are pictured with Animal Crossing 3DS.
This would be a great deal if it included non-AC amiibo. I'd pay $16 after GCU for a copy of New Leaf and two of the Mario amiibo I'm missing.

With Christmas right around the corner I figured my local GamesStop would have some kids in there looking for the latest amiibos.  Sure enough I was right.  I walked in there with about $100 worth of store credit in games, approached the first kid I saw that looked in need, and handed him the whole stack.   I said "Merry Christmas, these are yours now".  Before the kid could even let out a thank you the damn fedora wearing neckbeard behind the GameStop counter said "hey, you can't do that!".  I looked at him and said "apologize to this young man for interrupting him",staring at the smelly turd like I was about to beat him to within an inch of his life.

"but..."

"APOLOGIZE!!!"

The neckbeard let out a squeal of fear, then putting his head down muttered "sorry".

"WHAT, LOUDER! HE DIDN'T HEAR YOU!!" -  I shouted.

"SORRY!" - he said.

The young man with a big shit eating grin from cheek to cheek plastered on his face said "thank you so much!"  His young, attractive, most likely single mother was licking her lips and running her hand through her hair.  Smiling, she said "wow, thank you so much!"

"Merry Christmas" I sad calmly, and left the store.

Neck beards try to ruin everything.  Just kick them down the line and out of your way.

Wow, sounds kind of like my GameStop story when I went to go find Amiibos yesterday.

I walked in the front door wearing my leather jacket and slicked back hair (people have told me I'm James Dean's exact look-alike). I found a Gold Mario Amiibo and took it up to the register. The super hot female cashier told me I could have it for free, gave me a wink, and slid me her number on a piece of paper. The manager came from out of the backroom and started screaming "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!! YOU HAVE TO PAY OUR INFLATED PRICES!!!" I told him to apologize to the nice young lady for yelling in her presence. He said "Make me." I knocked him out with a single punch (used only about 10% of my strength too) and left his teeth laying on the floor. The cashier was swooning.

I walked outside and there were two females, both super hot and young celebrities (will not say their names out of respect), waiting for me beside my motorcycle. They asked me if I found anything good in GameStop. I fired up a cigarette, leaned against my bike, and looked away all while saying "meh, just this" and pulled out the Gold Mario Amiibo. Their jaws hit the ground and they sputtered "O-oh my g..." I told them they could have it because I had 100 already. They were so thankful they said "You are SO hot. There must be SOME way we can repay you..." while licking their lips and winking. I said "we'll think of something".

Just left their place about 15 minutes ago after being there for nearly 24 hours straight and my body is sore all over. Yes, I'm a hero but I'm just here to help people too.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=amiibo&sort=price_low&soft_sort=false&cat_id=0
just checked walmart.com.  a bunch of amiibo are on clearance.
3.88:
lucas
3.96:
8bit mario
ganondorf
olimar
inkling boy and girl
zero suit samus

bunch of animal crossing amiibo around $5

7.88:
ryu
king dedede
waluigi
daisy
waddle dee
alt color inkling girl

been holding off getting amiibo for a while.  gonna grab olimar, zero suit samaus, and the inklings cause those are primarly the ones i want out of all the amiibo in general

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=amiibo&sort=price_low&soft_sort=false&cat_id=0
just checked walmart.com. a bunch of amiibo are on clearance.
3.88:
lucas
3.96:
8bit mario
ganondorf
olimar
inkling boy and girl
zero suit samus

bunch of animal crossing amiibo around $5

7.88:
ryu
king dedede
waluigi
daisy
waddle dee
alt color inkling girl

been holding off getting amiibo for a while. gonna grab olimar, zero suit samaus, and the inklings cause those are primarly the ones i want out of all the amiibo in general
Had a Walmart gift card from savings catcher for almost $2, so I guess I'll finally pick up Ganondorf for $2.

Also have the Animal Crossing 3 pack (with Cyrus, KK, and Reese) for $6.99. Couldn't resist picking one up at that price, along with Modern Color 8-bit Mario (which will look nice next to my classic one).

well my amiibo came in the other day at walmart.  im surprised how quickly they were sent.  anyway, i learned something fun the olimar amiibo.  i knew olimar was accompanied by a red and blue pikmin but i had no idea there was a yellow one as well.  whenever i saw a picture of it, it was always from the front and olimar would just block the yellow one.

Best Buy 12/25-12/31 ad:

Based on my attempt online, it looks like it's Animal Crossing Amiibo. I tried it with Link (Ocarina of Time) and somebody else and they showed up at full price. I tried it with Nook and Resetti and both showed up as $0. Possible it's simply Link or ? that doesn't work but it appears to just be Animal Crossing Amiibo.

Missed a bunch but was able to get Waluigi and Olimar for under $10. Really just wanted Waluigi but I do dig the Olimar amiibo. Now to just get Wario and I will be happy.

Over the weekend, I was in a Best Buy and saw around 10-12 Lucinas on the shelf. Funny to think about how this was unheard of not too long ago. Does anyone else kinda miss the fervor that these Amiibos caused?

I miss checking this thread several times an hour, hoping to be tipped off about an online retailers just putting a hard-to-find character up for grabs. I miss reading the stories of neckbeards, FEMALE neckbeards, people bringing weapons to store openings on release day, riding their bicycle through Target to get to electronic section first, people flying a WWI zeppelin back to electronics (a fake story, sure, but the thought of it was entertaining and had me in stitches for some reason), etc.

I miss the thrill of accidentally stumbling on a rare one (that's how I came across my Little Mac). Of calling in "sick" so I could stand in line with 50 others for the newest store-exclusive (Dark Pit). 

Frustrating? It sure was. But looking back, it was also a lot of fun.

I'm happy the interest is dead. I don't need to be tempted to buy more pieces of plastic at msrp with my small gaming budget.
I resisted the Amiibo hunt for the most part. I only picked up a couple at Msrp and those I ended up flipping. I appreciate the reprints. The increased stock is a nice and so are the sales. Amiibo collecting is a lot less stressful now. The only bummer is that GameStop is no longer taking Amiibo trade ins. I built a good chunk of my collection through GameStop preowned figure sales.

Over the weekend, I was in a Best Buy and saw around 10-12 Lucinas on the shelf. Funny to think about how this was unheard of not too long ago. Does anyone else kinda miss the fervor that these Amiibos caused?

I miss checking this thread several times an hour, hoping to be tipped off about an online retailers just putting a hard-to-find character up for grabs. I miss reading the stories of neckbeards, FEMALE neckbeards, people bringing weapons to store openings on release day, riding their bicycle through Target to get to electronic section first, people flying a WWI zeppelin back to electronics (a fake story, sure, but the thought of it was entertaining and had me in stitches for some reason), etc.

I miss the thrill of accidentally stumbling on a rare one (that's how I came across my Little Mac). Of calling in "sick" so I could stand in line with 50 others for the newest store-exclusive (Dark Pit).

Frustrating? It sure was. But looking back, it was also a lot of fun.
Not my generation or my crowd. I'm more than happy for lack of interest, clearances, and being able to go in, get what I want, and maybe pick up something I was hesitant on because of a nice sale or clearance.

Unpopular opinion, but I'm far happier with the Animal Crossing line than the Smash Brothers line...

Most of the Smash Brother's characters are popular enough they'd show up in the "World of Nintendo" toyline or in toy or statue form from some other toymaker. Any Animal Crossing toyline with the depth of characters that showed up? Probably wouldn't happen any other way.

nope! According to other people that post here amiibos are WAY better and more interesting now that they can just walk into the store and buy just about any of the figures they want. You can tell these people are super excited about the current amiibo lineup status through the way they post on here.

The fervor was fun while it lasted.  

Never would have bought so many if there wasn't a fervor.   The fervor financed our collection.  lol.

I don't frequent this thread to often, as I've gotten the handful of Amiibo's I actually wanted, but has there been any word on the Bayonetta figure? She's one of the last ones I need to get.

I don't frequent this thread to often, as I've gotten the handful of Amiibo's I actually wanted, but has there been any word on the Bayonetta figure? She's one of the last ones I need to get.
not sure of anything concrete but i know the current rumor is that cloud and bayonetta will be pushed back till a re-release of smash bros on the switch comes out. again just rumor but i can totally see it happening

I only just started buying Amiibo since I got my Black Friday New 3DS, and I only want them for gameplay purposes and have little interest in collecting them. So I'll gladly take these low prices.

But I was at Gamestop the other day and they had a bunch of Shulk (I think) Amiibo, and a couple of girls were freaking out because they had to import theirs. I'm glad I didn't get into them sooner and possibly paid scalper or import premiums.

I had almost zero cost to get my amiibo with how much some of the rare ones sold for early on which was nice but in a more realistic sense I do not miss the rarity. I also opened every single one of them the other day and threw away all the boxes. Now I have them in concentric circles around my DS3 lord of cinder statue which amuses me when I see it.

I resisted the Amiibo hunt for the most part. I only picked up a couple at Msrp and those I ended up flipping. I appreciate the reprints. The increased stock is a nice and so are the sales. Amiibo collecting is a lot less stressful now. The only bummer is that GameStop is no longer taking Amiibo trade ins. I built a good chunk of my collection through GameStop preowned figure sales.
That's disappointing as I just got the AC and Retro three packs for KK and Duck Hunt and was hoping to unload the rest there this week.

I only intended to get Falcon , toon link, meta knight and some others but I was addicted in the craze when shortages happened so I'm glad its easy to get now.

I do remember camping out in the freezing cold for Rosalina and the the Jigg/robin/lucina class , what a crazy time.

I did get rid of a lot of them by gifting them to little cousins for Christmas

I just want Cloud and Bayonetta now.

nope! According to other people that post here amiibos are WAY better and more interesting now that they can just walk into the store and buy just about any of the figures they want. You can tell these people are super excited about the current amiibo lineup status through the way they post on here.
People that actually want them are still buying them, but yeah, without the hype/perceived rarity there's obviously less impulse buyers and less resellers which has equated to far less posts on here.

I never would have bought the Animal Crossing Amiibo, rare or not. Wasn't happening, just not my thing. But I am indeed appreciative that the new Zelda ones are actually in stock and not so difficult to find. It has allowed me to bide my time and wait to hope they go on sale, so essentially I'm going back to my old CAG ways instead of feeling like I need to rush and purchase them. So while it isn't more "interesting" per se, yes I am glad the fever is over.

I don't miss the "online for 3 minutes at 3am" needing a notification from a LINE messaging group in the middle of the night. I admit I miss waiting in line, taking PTO or calling in sick to do so, making new friends (which I did, lol, we rarely talk about amiibo anymore), then all the hilarious stories about people bringing a bike or memes of a car crashing into Target saying they're 'here for Jigglypuff'. The resellers and people getting shafted by line cutters or incompetent employees was not fun either, and some of the bickering here was tiring, but all in all, I can admit that I miss the hype and rush from when these things were rare.

I don't miss the "online for 3 minutes at 3am" needing a notification from a LINE messaging group in the middle of the night. I admit I miss waiting in line, taking PTO or calling in sick to do so, making new friends (which I did, lol, we rarely talk about amiibo anymore), then all the hilarious stories about people bringing a bike or memes of a car crashing into Target saying they're 'here for Jigglypuff'. The resellers and people getting shafted by line cutters or incompetent employees was not fun either, and some of the bickering here was tiring, but all in all, I can admit that I miss the hype and rush from when these things were rare.
I also somehow became a permanent producer in Ferrari Racer's stuff. But I'm ok with that.

​Don't expect these days of plenty to last. Part of the reason why Amiibo demand has tapered off is that there are finite limits on the number of fans who can actually use these things in-game. The Wii U was not the breakout success that the Wii was, and only a fraction of consumers bought into the Wii U. While the New 3DS expands that userbase somewhat, there were already a lot of not-New 3DS systems out there that lacked NFC support. So the market for these things was always going to be somewhat limited.

If the Switch manages to sell well in its first year, I would expect demand for amiibos to spike sharply. The Wii U set the bar for sales really low. The Switch could only be a modest success and still double the number of Wii U's sold in a fraction of the time. With an expanded userbase for Nintendo amiibo-friendly software, we could see a definite increase in amiibo demand.

Of course, this is all theoretical. For all we know the Switch will flop hard, and the demand for amiibos will actually go down further.

Of course, this is all theoretical. For all we know the Switch will flop hard, and the demand for amiibos will actually go down further.
Damn, is that even possible? LOL

Almost every place except GS is practically giving these things away now. Any worse, and retailers will have to pay customers to take them off their hands.

Any worse, and retailers will have to pay customers to take them off their hands.
The biggest demand for amiibos has always centered around the amiibos that tied into one of the biggest games on the Wii U, Super Smash Bros. None of the other spin-off lines of amiibos has ever seen the same demand as that one. Amiibos don't exist in a vacuum. They need solid titles to tie into for cross-promotion. You don't get rabid demand without tie-in games and an interested fan base. When the Animal Crossing line came out, they launched it next to a lackluster mini-game cash-in for the Wii U and a spin-off on the 3DS that no one was asking for. If that line of amiibos had launched alongside the patched/updated copy of New Leaf, the story might have been different.

Amiibos didn't start until a decent chunk after the Wii U launched. The Switch is going to start off supporting them, and have an existing stock of amiibos to utilize. A few decent Switch titles that use amiibos effectively could seriously boost demand for the figures.

The Switch is going to start off supporting them, and have an existing stock of amiibos to utilize.
I don't really agree with that sentiment. They will probably just make new ones. Nintendo has a long history of selling fans different plastic peripherals and then their functionality falls by the wayside.

bread's done
Back