amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope they weren't packaged by people who hate ship from store customers and intentionally bent the corners and "accidentally" dented in the plastic!
These won't be shipped by stores because they are brand new but it doesn't mean they won't be packed by idiots. ;)

Yoshi Woolly World Amiibo Bundles (Pink or Blue) from walmart.com have been coming in and out of stock all day. These are clearanced for $19.96 if walmart is the seller. 

There is also a bundle with the pink yoshi amiibo game and amiibo set that includes a $15 walmart gift card. The price of this bundle was a little over $20.

https://www.walmart.com/co/Yoshis-Woolly-World--Pink-Yarn-Yoshi-Amiibo-Wii-U-with-Bonus-15-Wal-Mart-Gift-Card/47215988

You will probably need to set a page monitor to get this one

Thanks!  Grabbed two for in-store pickup on the pink Yoshi bundle.  My coworker has been wanting the yarn Yoshi's for his daughter, who just got a Wii U.

GameStop has a lot of Amiibos on clearance in-store and on the website

- All the Animal Crossing ones are $4

- Animal Crossing 3-pack is $10

- Wave 2 of the Super Mario series are all $9 (except for DK and Boo  :cry: )

- Retro 3-pack is $11

- Kirby series ones are all $9

- Individual Iklings are $5, the indiviual recolored Inklings are $9

- All the Smash reprints that happened 4 months ago (Pit, Ness, Lucina, etc.) are $9

- Smash Pac-Man, Falco, Fox, Olimar, Jigglypuff, and Zero Suit Samus are also $9

Amazon put two of the Breath of the Wild amiibos up for pre-order, so I was able to get a pre-order on the horse amiibo and the arrow amiibo. That's two that I won't have to worry about on Friday.

All of them are up, but only the Guardian is getting a prime discount with Mar 3 delivery date. The rest are full msrp with a delivery date of Mar 7.

Yep, got the other three pre-ordered. It looks like two of them might arrive later than March 3rd, but that's okay. I'm mainly interested in securing them for my personal collection, and taking advantage of the Amazon Prime pre-order discount. If a few of them arrive a little later that's not a problem.

Just received my Zelda Breath of the Wild Amiibos from Bestbuy and wow they look excellent very nice quality especially the guardian box is huge too!

Picked up 30th Anniversary OoT Link & 8 bit Link for $6 each tonight at Wally World. They also had Wind Waker Link & Zelda pack for $12 and figured why not on that one also. Worth checking out your Wal*Mart. These are on clearance. 

Anyone open their Guardian yet? The back says fully adjustable legs, but it certainly doesn't look like it can do more then maybe move up and down in place, but the arms seem fixed

Picked up 30th Anniversary OoT Link & 8 bit Link for $6 each tonight at Wally World. They also had Wind Waker Link & Zelda pack for $12 and figured why not on that one also. Worth checking out your Wal*Mart. These are on clearance.
Thanks, my walmart also had all of these for the same price. I picked up all of them.

Picked up an 8 Bit Link at Walmart for $6.  I also noticed a sign for the Boo amiibo at $6 but it was all sold out.  Think its time to check a few more Walmarts for that one as $6 seems to be a great price for it right now.

If anyone has the oot link, wind waker, and 8 bit link 30th anniversary zelda amiibos at their walmart, I would gladly pay cost+shipping+extra. All the stores around me have nothing but animal crossing and waluigi. 

How are you guys liking your Breath of the Wild amiibos?
I like the looks of them all but the functionality isn't that great. The five BotW Amiibos offer no exclusive content, just bonuses that you can get elsewhere. Ironically, the out of print Smash ones (Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf) offer exclusive content. Just seems a bit weird. You would think they'd use exclusive content to entice people to buy the new ones. Not many (if any) places still have the Smash Amiibos, so there's no reason to entice people to buy them from the secondhand market since Nintendo isn't seeing any money from those purchases.

Unfortunately just getting into the Amiibo game due to BoTW. The point you make about the out of print smash Amiibos is exactly what I was just pondering. I luckily found the Link one for retail at my WalMart, and the Zelda one is around as well. Can't find Sheik or Toon Link anywhere other than Ebay mark up. I can't seem to find the recent 30th Anniversary ones either. I would have to think they would restock those with the BotW functionality. But maybe not...

They actually came pretty clutch right now. Was fighting a mini boss and knew my weapons were not gonna be enough, nor was my food. Ran out real quick, summoned all my shit, went back and defeated him.

Target's B2G1 is tempting. I should add some to my new Master Sword/Zelda Amiibo display. Just finished decorating it.

The fake moss, fake leafs, and fake rocks were only $1/pack at Dollar Tree!

Just need to find a light to put on top. Using a cell phone with flash on to see how it looks.

I may put amiibo at the bottom as well.

Pics- http://imgur.com/a/t7160

YXYemyd.jpg

For some reason, I never picked up the dual Link/Zelda amiibo pack. My GameStop and TokyoOtakuMode orders for them got cancelled and I just got back from running around to several Walmarts and Targets in some somewhat nearby cities - no dice.

Anyone willing to help me out in obtaining one?

If anyone has the oot link, wind waker, and 8 bit link 30th anniversary zelda amiibos at their walmart, I would gladly pay cost+shipping+extra. All the stores around me have nothing but animal crossing and waluigi.
I'll be swinging by a Walmart that had them 2 weeks ago, I let you know tomorrow.

Put me down for the Zelda two pack or OoT link. I can also trade Twilight Princess HD with Amiibo or Amiibo alone

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I forgot I had some amiibo left over I thought i had gotten rid of them all. Still have a link sealed and surprised value actually went up so questioning if it's worth for the exclusives.

Also, I missed a 2 pack at target by 3 hours😭

I now regret not picking up the Link and Zelda SS amiibo I found a few months ago at Meijer. I laughed it off and told myself I didn't need it. Now the Link SS amiibo is the only way to get Epona. Sigh...

Can someone post what exclusives are unlocked by each amiibo in the new Zelda game? I'm just too lazy to drive all the way to the internet and check for myself right now. Also which ones would you say are crucial enough that you would regret playing the game without them?

I've been out of the Amiibo game but are the Zelda Amiibo skyrocketing in price for any reason other than BotW?

I'm also sad b/c I've checked a few random Amiibo prices and notices Nintendo actually released some other ones I wanted, but those are long sold out.

Target's B2G1 is tempting. I should add some to my new Master Sword/Zelda Amiibo display. Just finished decorating it.

The fake moss, fake leafs, and fake rocks were only $1/pack at Dollar Tree!

Just need to find a light to put on top. Using a cell phone with flash on to see how it looks.

I may put amiibo at the bottom as well.

Pics- http://imgur.com/a/t7160
Wow, that looks great! But I honestly think less would be more in that case... I'd just have the fake grass and Master Sword in there and remove everything else.

I like the looks of them all but the functionality isn't that great. The five BotW Amiibos offer no exclusive content, just bonuses that you can get elsewhere. Ironically, the out of print Smash ones (Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf) offer exclusive content. Just seems a bit weird. You would think they'd use exclusive content to entice people to buy the new ones. Not many (if any) places still have the Smash Amiibos, so there's no reason to entice people to buy them from the secondhand market since Nintendo isn't seeing any money from those purchases.
Yeah, the only ones I were interested in were the SSB Link and OoT Link, simply for the outifts. But finding those were hard. I ended up getting the SSB Link from Target, because that's the only one they had available to ship there, and then I found the OoT Link and BOTW Zelda there, for the normal price. I also got Wolf Link from Best Buy, but I would have loved to have gotten them all from the same place, especially since Target has the B2G1F sale and Best Buy has GCU.

Picked up a few more amiibo at Walmart this AM:

OOT Link (Zelda 30th Anniversary series) - $6

MetaKnight (Kirby series) - $5

Wario (Super Mario series) - $6

In case people didn't know the 30th Anniversary LOZ series amiibo have become sought after over the last couple weeks as evidenced by their prices on Amazon.  Kind of awesome that Walmart just so happens to have them all on clearance ($6 each for the singles, $12 for the double pack).  I'm not sure these will be reprinted since Nintendo could be getting conservative again after the Animal Crossing amiibo fiasco, so it may be wise to get them while you can.

PIcked up 2 30th anniversary Wind Waker amiibo pks at TArget along with MK7 3ds as part of the B2G1.  Promptly sold the Amiibos.  Got $70 for the 1st and $99 for the second. 

Actually wanted to keep a set for myself but couldn't resist making some extra cash.  

What! Where did sell them?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Amazon!!!

They were going for $95 plus ship and so I listed my 2nd instead of keeping it and it sold right away to my surprise. And then next day more sellers entered and prices dropped to $75 and now they are at $65 b4 shipping.

KNock on wood I don't get a return on the $99 one.

Damn Best Buy screwed up my original 30th anniversary order for amiibo so I got a free OoT Link, looks like I should sell it now.

Wait, there's rare amiibo again?

OHMYGODILOVEAMIIBOIVEALWAYSBEENAFANGODIHATESCALPERSIMJUSTTRYINGTOGET*MY* AMIIBOWHYDOTHEYHAVETORUINITFOR*ME*

To be fair it's not nearly as bad as a couple years ago. People had like 3 months to get the 30th anniversary Amiibos for MSRP and had multiple opportunities to get them even cheaperon sale. But it does seem short-sighted of of Nintendo to include exclusive content from the older Smash Amiibos, yet not reprint them even in small quantities. They could easily sell them on their own online store if clogging store shelves was the issue

Stupid Animal Crossing Amiibos had to flood shelves and ruin everything >_>

bread's done
Back