amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
PgsMzeP.png
i0CM4Ee.png
J0o39Et.png
ZGCUBFL.png

No idea how to do a spoiler post, so my bad. 

EDIT: Thanks Lnkcld for teaching me how to do a spoiler tag. 

I need like a "rent an amiibo" service.  I'm gonna have to find somebody with those 30th anniversary ones so I can grab the items.  (I have all the SSB amiibo.)

I need like a "rent an amiibo" service. I'm gonna have to find somebody with those 30th anniversary ones so I can grab the items. (I have all the SSB amiibo.)
Ive thought about this: if I owned a coffee shop (or similar) I would allow somebody to use it in shop if they come in and buy a coffee

I need like a "rent an amiibo" service. I'm gonna have to find somebody with those 30th anniversary ones so I can grab the items. (I have all the SSB amiibo.)
The only downside I see is there is no telling how long you would have to rent them as the drops are so random and scarce. I have been scanning them everyday and so far all I have gotten is toon links hat lol and a bunch of food lol.

for those who want amiibo features from a game but don't want to physically hold on to amiibos themselves, you can either buy buy NFC 215 tags and program them using an android app (TagMo) or buy a Powersaves w/ PowerTag from gamestop (on clearance for $15) and "read" an amiibo and back up to your hard drive and the little included Power Tag.  The powertag acts as an amiibo when you put it on the appropriate surface on a wii u / switch / 3ds.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/amiibo-action-replay-powersaves/127307

I used it once to get a few bonuses from Breath of the Wild, you can scan the amiibo while its inside the packaging if you don't want to take it out too.  My friend has a lot of amiibos so I just scanned all of his.

Most of them, when applied to BOTW, are really just cheat codes giving you extra stuff.

Wish I would've bought extra Guardians. The poseability on these things are cool and would love to have a few extra to crawl around my bookcase.

I *really* need to stop letting myself go on Brickseek goose chases.  Due to seeing a surprising number of Toon Zelda and Link two-packs at area Wal-Marts, I hopped on Brickseek to see if Ocarina of Time Link might be at one of the area Wally Worlds, as well as SSB Link.  Most immediate area stores were wiped out, but it showed the Joplin, MO and Miami, OK Wal-Marts had plenty of both (with Miami supposedly having the standalone Toon Link as well).  Made a trip out tonight (90 miles to Miami to Joplin and back), and got...bupkis.  Toyrs R Us in Joplin still had some Toon Zelda/Link Two-Packs, and I grabbed the remaining SSB Link from Target, but the supposedly bountiful Wal-Mart stores just had plenty of Animal Crossing, Splatoon, and Kirby figs, and a handful of other common ones.  

Brickseek had also claims the nearby Nevada, MO Wal-Mart had solid variety of Links, but I knew from swinging through there earlier this week that that was not the case, so I'm feel pretty stupid for still making the trek to Oklahoma.

So is there a reason why Guardian and Zelda are really rare?

This line of amiibos is the first since smash bros to actually sell out. Is it artificial, scalper, or are people actually interested in these?

I wanted Guardian but I assumed it would eventually be really cheap, like all amiibos that aren't smash bros.

So far I've only been able to find the 8 Bit Link at Target/Walmart.  I went to six different stores and couldn't find any Ocarina or Smash ones (which are the only two I care about)....

oh wow the 30th anniversary zelda line is really rare now.. didn't even realize it. makes sense since the botw line was coming out... damn :/

Ordered 8 bit link from best buy. How would one go about tracking down Ocarina Link and the Toon double back? Seems impossible now if they sold out in January. :/

I had convinced myself that I have every amiibo (even the AC and giant Yoshi). Last night I printed out the BOTW amiibo functionality chart and after searching through 4 amiibo cases I cannot find Super Smash Zelda. I am sure after I purchase again the other one will show up. Just purchased BOTW Zelda b/c she is no longer easy to find a week after the games release.

Is the Zelda (breath of the wild) Amiibo considered rare? Hard to find?

I just browsed amazon and saw it was in stock so I ordered one.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-amiibo-Zelda-Breath-Wild/dp/B01N10NIBP/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489143213&sr=1-1&keywords=zelda+amiibo

I didn't know Amazon offered the 20% gamers discount for prime members on amiibos too, thought it was just games.
That and Guardian seem to be the somewhat scarce ones from that line. Both were OOS at Best Buy yesterday but came back in stock this morning for shipping. Who knows if they will remain scarce or more are being sent to stores gradually.

So is there a reason why Guardian and Zelda are really rare?

This line of amiibos is the first since smash bros to actually sell out. Is it artificial, scalper, or are people actually interested in these?

I wanted Guardian but I assumed it would eventually be really cheap, like all amiibos that aren't smash bros.
I think it's just design. Guardian is obviously pretty unique with it's size and pose-able arms. Zelda looks really different from the past Zelda's and has a nice design, and there have only been two previous options. At my store I'm pretty sure they sent a few more Link's than the others, but there have already been so many Link's that I think most people already have at least one. I feel like most people will only get one or the other of BOTW Link. Bokoblin was destined to be the worst selling out of this batch.

Since DLC will potentially keep people playing the game, I wonder if we'll get a second series. Ganon and the Champions seem like the next obvious choices, though I don't know how well they would sell aside from Ganon.

Anyways, I might pick up Zelda off of Amazon, I didn't realize Amiibo got the Prime discount too. It does seem like an odd choice that the BOTW Amiibo don't have any exclusives like the classic designs though, and I do already have Smash Zelda.

They will make more of the BotW amiibos for sure.  The Switch just launched as did BotW.  And they expect quite a few more Switches and copies of Zelda to be sold.    

The 30th anniversary ones are another story.  I wouldn't bet on those coming back.  But, at the same time, they also work in BotW afaik so it's a possibility.  And Nintendo  did a 2nd run of the rare Smash figures so they could put out a 2nd run of the 30th anniversary figures.

Wait, there's rare amiibo again?

OHMYGODILOVEAMIIBOIVEALWAYSBEENAFANGODIHATESCALPERSIMJUSTTRYINGTOGET*MY* AMIIBOWHYDOTHEYHAVETORUINITFOR*ME*
I feel like I dodged a bullet getting the 30th Anniversary a few weeks before Zelda BOTW came out especially after the data mine images of the costumes shown off and people weren't sure if they were amiibo costumes or just costumes in the game. I was only ever interested in the Wind Waker one but expected a clearance sale like the recent flow of amiibos have been going through but after seeing Best Buy sell out back in January I felt it was only a matter of time before they all went missing.

PgsMzeP.png
i0CM4Ee.png
J0o39Et.png
ZGCUBFL.png

No idea how to do a spoiler post, so my bad.

EDIT: Thanks Lnkcld for teaching me how to do a spoiler tag.
You left out the unrevealed chart.

wV5JXM8.png

I'm really hoping they do release the remaining Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess Link amiibo set. My guess is they didn't want to shower too many Link amiibos (there's more than enough as it is) and we'll see these remaining 3 sometime when the 1st or 2nd DLC arrives.

What ever happened to that amiiqo device that allowed you to store and download amiibo? I rarely hear anyone mention it after it's release.

I feel like I dodged a bullet getting the 30th Anniversary a few weeks before Zelda BOTW came out especially after the data mine images of the costumes shown off and people weren't sure if they were amiibo costumes or just costumes in the game. I was only ever interested in the Wind Waker one but expected a clearance sale like the recent flow of amiibos have been going through but after seeing Best Buy sell out back in January I felt it was only a matter of time before they all went missing.

You left out the unrevealed chart.

wV5JXM8.png

I'm really hoping they do release the remaining Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess Link amiibo set. My guess is they didn't want to shower too many Link amiibos (there's more than enough as it is) and we'll see these remaining 3 sometime when the 1st or 2nd DLC arrives.

What ever happened to that amiiqo device that allowed you to store and download amiibo? I rarely hear anyone mention it after it's release.
Step 1: Buy this http://www.gamestop....wersaves/127307

Step 2: Go here: https://nfc-bank.com...hp?categoryid=2

Step 3: Read the website and its forums, follow directions

There you go, all Amiibos for $15ish

Step 1: Buy this http://www.gamestop....wersaves/127307

Step 2: Go here: https://nfc-bank.com...hp?categoryid=2

Step 3: Read the website and its forums, follow directions

There you go, all Amiibos for $15ish
You copy pasted that but not the correct links. Anyway item is called action power replay amiibo runs about 15 bucks and your GameStop most likely has it. NFC repository sites will have the data. From box open to game scan should take you less than 15 minutes I did it last night got my epona and wolf link. Pretty happy.

I am very sad I missed out on the 30th anniversary Zelda amiibos. But I am not paying ebay prices. What do I do.

I will go hunt for them today but there's like 1% chance of me finding any

Anyone who actually wanted to own (and not scalp) the 30th Anni LoZ amiibo had ample opportunity to get them.

Haha

although they were in stock at BestBuy thru at least 3 VisaCheckout promos :p

any japan sites sell them? i checked playasia and they are sold out. i dont mind owning the japanese versions
Don't let the OCD kill you.

Lol@hellooonurse, it's true though, I guess those waiting will continue to wait on the clearance bin.

Wow. These 30th anniversaries disappeared quick. I spotted a few last week at local Walmart , today all were gone. I traveled to 8 Walmarts on my adventure today and found the last 2 pack at an out of the way Walmart!
Glad I got up and went. Thanks for the heads up!

I was actually holding out for clearance on them since that's the Amiibo trend for months now - It worked for the 8-bit Link and Ocarina Link, got them on clearance at Walmart. Screwed on the dual pack for now it seems. I'll just wait patiently for prices to bottom out as they inevitably will.

I just got my SSB Link in the mail from Target. It's crazy that I almost passed up on ordering it last weekend. Had I known how badly I would have wanted these, I would have stocked up much sooner.

I also managed to score a SSB Zelda one from Amazon for $20, which is more than I would have liked to, but it's much better than the $40-50 asking price that most of these have there.

While looking for wiinu pro controllers listed on BS(that were likely stashed for an employee) i picked up ssb zelda, 8bit link, and oot link on clearance to use in botw. That was Sunday. That seems like an impossible find today and its only 5 days later

You copy pasted that but not the correct links. Anyway item is called action power replay amiibo runs about 15 bucks and your GameStop most likely has it. NFC repository sites will have the data. From box open to game scan should take you less than 15 minutes I did it last night got my epona and wolf link. Pretty happy.
Thank you for this post. I went to my local Gamestop today and grabbed one of these. Works perfectly on all the Zelda Amiibo's I've tried so far. My wallet is saved!

People got wise.

The game's been out for a week. Many of those who were avoiding spoilers are now checking out some reviews, guides, easter eggs, whatever and have learned about the amiibo drop goodies. 

I was happy I got the wind waker anniversary for $12 on clearance at Target a few weeks back.

Not happy I opened them for breath of the wild before checking prices.

I believe I predicted this months ago. A popular, well-reviewed title comes out that utilizes the Zelda amiibos, and the demand for those amiibos spikes sharply. While some people believed that the amiibo market was driven purely by crazy collectors, the truth is that a big part of amiibos is their game tie-ins. Put out a solid game that sells well, and the demand for its related amiibos will increase. This isn't rocket science.

Being a long-term Zelda enthusiast, I picked up all the 30th anniversary figures when they were much easier to acquire, and already have them resting peacefully on my shelf. When you release a critical and fan flop like Animal Crossing: Amiiob Festival, your related amiibos become bargain-bin fodder. When you release Breath of the Wild, the value of your tiny plastic figurines skyrockets. If Nintendo wants to keep the amiibo train rolling, they have to release games that people want to buy, on a system they want to play those games on.

bread's done
Back