amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Brickseek has been pretty spot on for me when it comes to Target. It's only spotty at Walmart. It came through when Target had all those clearance sales on CoD 360s, PS4 Gold headsets, 3DS XL, etc.
Yes I meant for Walmart, for Target it has been right the majority of the time for me

I noticed on Brickseek last night that a local Target had 2 Toon Link/Zelda dual packs there, but it was already past closing time. Even on the website they said they had them in limited stock. I went this morning as soon as they opened and they didn't have any amiibos other than the Animal Crossing ones. Also checked another Target closer to me and they had the same set up.

I noticed on Brickseek last night that a local Target had 2 Toon Link/Zelda dual packs there, but it was already past closing time. Even on the website they said they had them in limited stock. I went this morning as soon as they opened and they didn't have any amiibos other than the Animal Crossing ones. Also checked another Target closer to me and they had the same set up.
Same thing happened to me at Target with the dual pack. Target.com also showed limited stock, so I knew it was in stock.

Looked around the amiibo section and I could not find it, so I checked behind the giant amiibo screen and it was hidden behind there. So, if it shows limited stock then most likely someone is hiding it or its in the stock room gathering dust.

This thread exploded with everyone freaking out about the Link amiibo and I'm just sitting here happy as a pig in mud that I got the two new DK amiibos from Amazon for 5 bucks each. 

Had a couple walmarts showing stock on double packs as well, I called knowing walmart employee's arent very dependable, both places said they had none even tho brickseek is showing stock.

I'd also advise anyone going to Walmart to comb through the electronic's section row by row. My Walmart has amiibo on 2-3 end caps, in the standard amiibo section and another smaller clearance section toward the electronic's register.

Makes searching for specific amiibo frustrating for sure.

I'd also advise anyone going to Walmart to comb through the electronic's section row by row. My Walmart has amiibo on 2-3 end caps, in the standard amiibo section and another smaller clearance section toward the electronic's register.

Makes searching for specific amiibo frustrating for sure.
Likewise - most Walmarts now have one or two dedicated clearance aisles now as well, usually near the garden center, marked by clearance balloons.

Same thing happened to me at Target with the dual pack. Target.com also showed limited stock, so I knew it was in stock.

Looked around the amiibo section and I could not find it, so I checked behind the giant amiibo screen and it was hidden behind there. So, if it shows limited stock then most likely someone is hiding it or its in the stock room gathering dust.
Yeah, I was thinking about asking someone if they knew where it was, but I went like right when the store opened and I didn't want to bother people who looked just as miserable being in a Target at 8AM.

i went to 6 walmarts that all said they had one of the zelda 30th anniversary amiibos. none of them had it. i checked the amiibo isle, clearance isle in the electronics, and general clearance section. sucks.

i spent 5 hours total extra on my drive doing this.. i kind of hate myself. really feel like crap :(

if anyone ever comes across these, please let me know.

i wish i could have never started collecting amiibos

i spent 5 hours total extra on my drive doing this.. i kind of hate myself. really feel like crap :(

if anyone ever comes across these, please let me know.

i wish i could have never started collecting amiibos
You would have been better off just paying someone $50 for one at that rate.

I would highly suggest preordering the new Alm & Celica amiibo 2 pack if you really want it as I am beginning to think a lot of them will not be produced. I could be wrong about that as its just a hunch but I think we won't be seeing a lot of Animal Crossing type amiibo discounts going forward.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-alm-celica-2-pack/5746603.p?skuId=5746603

$20 after GCU.
Yeah, I'll definitey take your advice and pre order it, but Lucina and Robin are still located everywhere around me.

My local Gamestop has like 10 Robin's for $9 each. Was surprised to see it. Of course I picked one up.  Got Lucina at best Buy for $9 too. just ordered all of the Animal Crossing ones too. Game stop has them all for $4, but best buy has like 4 of them for $2. $60 for the shitty game & nearly the whole set except for summer Isabell. I'm looking for a cheap price on her now. 

Robin is a gamestop exclusive, should be plenty in stores. Mine started clearancing them last week.
Did not know that! I had thought the exclusive clause expired after awhile, since other "exclusives" started showing up at various stores. Will check them out today, thanks a bunch.

Did not know that! I had thought the exclusive clause expired after awhile, since other "exclusives" started showing up at various stores. Will check them out today, thanks a bunch.
The robin reprint was a GameStop exclusive I believe. Originally all stores stocked him in extremely short supply.

One of the Walmart about 30 miles away from my area on BS like saying still have about 15 stocks of Link amiibo. Does the system accurate? Should I give it a try?

Robin has been in stock on the GameStop website and in store for several months, it's on sale for $9 there now

I doubt the Alm and Celica double pack will be tough to get tbh, Fire Emblem doesn't have the universal appeal like Zelda does

One of the Walmart about 30 miles away from my area on BS like saying still have about 15 stocks of Link amiibo. Does the system accurate? Should I give it a try?
You can try if you like but it's almost certainly a no-go

Unless you have another reason to go there, I would save the gas. A lot other folks are reporting inaccurate brickseek for those links

I've actually been fairly lucky at getting some the Zelda Amiibos in the past week. At this point, the only ones I am looking for are Toon Link/Zelda and Sheik. I don't have Ganondorf, but I'm not really interested in that one.

Brickseek is useless when it comes to Amiibos - too many Amiibos share SKUs.  I was in the KC area yesterday for a family thing, so I hit up two different Wal-Marts that supposedly had some Zelda ones in stock, as they weren't far out of my way, and sure enough, they had the same handful of Ryus, Warios, and 8 Bit Marios every other store has.

apparently toys r us had oot zelda in stock this morning. maybe they'll release more of these amiibos due to demand?

only thing that goes against that is they were on clearance and they're 30th anniversary, which was last year, but im crossing my fingers.

apparently toys r us had oot zelda in stock this morning. maybe they'll release more of these amiibos due to demand?

only thing that goes against that is they were on clearance and they're 30th anniversary, which was last year, but im crossing my fingers.
Been going in and out of stock. I ordered from them a couple days ago and they cancelled my order due to unavailability

I really doubt it. If you hold out until later this year though, they're guaranteed to be cheaper as the hype chills out.

Any sales this week? Thinking about picking up the remainder of the second wave of the Super Mario series and I still need to nab Robin, Roy, and the Mii 3-Pack.

Hell I might even get the Kirby ones if they're cheap enough.

I also keep flip-flopping on whether or not I want the modern color 8-Bit Mario. Walmart says its out of stock right now but it keeps coming in and out of stock every time I check. I already have the classic color and having a color variant seems silly.

Snagged a BoTW Zelda when they went up for a minute on Amazon yesterday.

Copped the Zelda 2-Pack and 8-Bit Link on clearance at a Wal-Mart last week, but not luck finding Ocarina. Already had Smash Toon Link, Wolf Link and Smash Zelda.

Also copped a Smash Link from Nintendo online. Phew.

Robin has been in stock on the GameStop website and in store for several months, it's on sale for $9 there now

I doubt the Alm and Celica double pack will be tough to get tbh, Fire Emblem doesn't have the universal appeal like Zelda does

You can try if you like but it's almost certainly a no-go
I don't think Nintendo is going to produce these anywhere near the quantities of the Animal Crossing Amiibos or the Zelda Breath of the Wild Amiibos. Initially I'm sure you'll be able to get them, but who knows in the long run. Fire emblem definitely has a strong fanbase even if it isnt the same as Nintendo's other franchises. I'm sure when they announce another Fire Emblem game after this 3ds one that has Amiibo compatibilities, when that game releases it will be similar to the current Zelda amiibo scarcity. I'm not saying there will be this huge price inflation like with the toon zelda two pack , SSb zelda related amiibos but i'm sure Nintendo will keep up the routine and have the typical supply demand issue causing prices toincrease. Robin, Lucina and Ike before the reprint were all selling for $40-$50 each. If you want to get the two pack I would just reserve it now. Better safe than sorry.

To be honest, I think new games on switch will be using amiibos to move stock off shelves after sitting there barely moving at all. If youre counting on reprints for stuff that stores have been clearancing off shelves, you can forget about it. Get the fire emblem ones now. It will be funny if theres a legit animal crossing game out that will add nice extras for the loyal people who actually bought them. They are basically going out within the next 2-3 months out of stores. Bb and target are already trying to get rid of them.

I don't think Nintendo is going to produce these anywhere near the quantities of the Animal Crossing Amiibos or the Zelda Breath of the Wild Amiibos. Initially I'm sure you'll be able to get them, but who knows in the long run. Fire emblem definitely has a strong fanbase even if it isnt the same as Nintendo's other franchises. I'm sure when they announce another Fire Emblem game after this 3ds one that has Amiibo compatibilities, when that game releases it will be similar to the current Zelda amiibo scarcity. I'm not saying there will be this huge price inflation like with the toon zelda two pack , SSb zelda related amiibos but i'm sure Nintendo will keep up the routine and have the typical supply demand issue causing prices toincrease. Robin, Lucina and Ike before the reprint were all selling for $40-$50 each. If you want to get the two pack I would just reserve it now. Better safe than sorry.
Well yeah that's what I meant, it'll be easy to get within a month or two of release like the other ones. About comparable to the Zelda 30th anniversary Amiibos from like December to February. Easy to get =/= being overly plentiful like the Animal Crossing line

They will be leaning on Zelda to help move the switch through xmas I cant imagine them not repressing the zelda related ones in conservative amounts.

They will be leaning on Zelda to help move the switch through xmas I cant imagine them not repressing the zelda related ones in conservative amounts.
Yeah Nintendo is real on top of managing supply and demand on any of their products. Btw all of the Animal Crossing Amiibos and Star Fox related amiibos would like a word with you.

Those games arent vital to system acceptance either. But perhaps with your snarky retort you are actually suggesting they will over reprint them!

I cant imagine tying exclusive items to items without to potential for repressing partcular amiibos. 

So...I saw the list of amiibo-exclusive items for Breath of the Wild, but I'm not sure how much of that is actually worth worrying about outside of Epona and Wolf Link (which thankfully I already have covered). How valuable is any of that other stuff in-game other than cosmetics?

So...I saw the list of amiibo-exclusive items for Breath of the Wild, but I'm not sure how much of that is actually worth worrying about outside of Epona and Wolf Link (which thankfully I already have covered). How valuable is any of that other stuff in-game other than cosmetics?
Not sure what's up with the troll response above me, but really if you don't care about cosmetics then Wolf Link and Epona are the only necessities imo. With the others all you get is money, ingredients, ores, arrows, or weapons and outfits which are all outclassed by other in-game stuff

If you just want those items, the Amiibos are certainly not worth the inflated prices they're going for now. I would just wait and hope for a reprint, which honestly is likely imo. With the Smash Bros. Switch port all but confirmed, many of the Smash Amiibos are likely to get reprinted and released alongside the last four (Bayonetta, Cloud, Corrin, and ???), with the Zelda ones as likely candidates to get reprinted. And the 30th Anniversary ones were never clearanced out, so they will most likely get reprinted as well

Or like I've mentioned in other posts, you can always buy the $15 NFC thing at GameStop and have access to every single Amiibo if you don't want the actual figures

Not sure what's up with the troll response above me, but really if you don't care about cosmetics then Wolf Link and Epona are the only necessities imo. With the others all you get is money, ingredients, ores, arrows, or weapons and outfits which are all outclassed by other in-game stuff

If you just want those items, the Amiibos are certainly not worth the inflated prices they're going for now. I would just wait and hope for a reprint, which honestly is likely imo. With the Smash Bros. Switch port all but confirmed, many of the Smash Amiibos are likely to get reprinted and released alongside the last four (Bayonetta, Cloud, Corrin, and ???), with the Zelda ones as likely candidates to get reprinted. And the 30th Anniversary ones were never clearanced out, so they will most likely get reprinted as well

Or like I've mentioned in other posts, you can always buy the $15 NFC thing at GameStop and have access to every single Amiibo if you don't want the actual figures
Thank you. All Google was spitting out for me was lists, lists, and more lists without any real description. If it's all costumes and outclassed stuff otherwise then I think I'll stick with the amiibo I already have, at least for now. As for the NFC R/W, it's a neat option but I don't think it's for me. I do like collecting (at least some of) the figures, just not ones for characters I already have if I can help it.

Will be fun to watch people whine their 'investments' getvdevalued yet again
Yeah see, with these particular amiibo, they were literally available for months at pretty much every retailer. So I doubt many scalpers "invested" in the LoZ 30th Anni amiibo when they were going for MSRP on the third party markey. Most of those people who own them now were fans willing to pay MSRP (or smart CAG fans who paid GCU VisaCheckout prices at BB).

There were some who bought them during clearance at Walmart tho--I'd say the people who were willing to wait for the clearance bin would be most likely to resell. But they are very much in the minority.

Thank you. All Google was spitting out for me was lists, lists, and more lists without any real description. If it's all costumes and outclassed stuff otherwise then I think I'll stick with the amiibo I already have, at least for now. As for the NFC R/W, it's a neat option but I don't think it's for me. I do like collecting (at least some of) the figures, just not ones for characters I already have if I can help it.
Yeah, I have all of them, and while I do think some of the rare items you can get are neat, they're just cosmetic. Here's a link to a post I made showing the clothing you can get: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/361753-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-gameplay-discussion/?p=13659341

You can also get some various weapons from the respective games. Such as
Ganondorf's Sage sword from TP, Biggoron sword from OoT, Boomerang from WW, etc
I used all the stuff briefly for the fun of it, but the amiibo clothing is way too difficult to upgrade to be worth it, and the weapons are not super powerful by any means. They're neat to hang up, but that's about it.

The real value for the amiibos in Breath of the Wild is the free ingredients that they rain down on you from the heavnes. If you cook all of that stuff up, you can sell it for lots of rupees. And several of those amiibos spam you with a plethora of fish and raw meat, which can be difficult to harvest earlier in the game. (boar hunting) While the prospect of custom clothing and weapons is nice, it's the ingredients that I've been enjoying the most. Amiibo harvesting is much quicker than running around the overworld looking for this stuff, and is a nice bonus if you were going to run around looking for stuff anyways.

bread's done
Back