amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is good advice. We saw the supply for Zelda-anniversary and Zelda smash bros amiibos dwindle, and the demand skyrocket, after the release of Breath of the Wild. If Splatoon 2 manages to gain a decent audience, it will likely inflate the value for the original Splatoon amiibos. If Zelda is anything to go by, those original Splatoon amiibos will unlock some manner of desirable content in the new splatoon game above and beyond what a non-Splatoon amiibo might unlock.

With the prices being what they are, and a lot of big-box retailers clearing out over-stock from that line, the time to pick up original Splatoon amiibos is NOW.
Probably. But even the first Splatoon had some very desireable content unlocked by the Amiibos. They added some great features to the excellent single player campaign.

toys r us has 3 for 20 on $13.99 or less priced amiibo. i think online only
The Toys R Us here in Cville VA let me honor the deal in the store. I picked up 2 Shovel Knights and Pikachu. One of the Shovel Knight is for a friend. Great deal I think they would have honored the Breath of the Wild Amiibos because he went off my word lol.

Picked up 2 of the Splatoon ones just in case they go like crazy after the release on Switch & Sonic just because I'm an old fanboy. Thinking the Splatoon ones might have a smaller but still there Zelda craze and rush for them, might as well pick em up.

Ymmv Splatoon inkline girl was .50 at my local WM. Shelbyville IN. They were not marked down just rang up .50

And for the naysayers I attached proof.
[attachment=26247:IMG_5533.JPG][attachment=26248:IMG_5535.JPG]

IDK if its YMMV or if there's a better deal out, but Target has a bunch of Animal Crossing amiibo discounted to like $4 or so. I know Nook and others have been cheaper elsewhere, but I got Timmy and Tommy today and I haven't seen them on sale. 

I live in the middle of nowhere and don't usually make it anywhere other than Walmart or Gamestop so I don't pay attention to other places. 

So I'm really kicking myself for not picking up those 30th anniversary zelda amiibos when they were everywhere

Is Nintendo rereleasing these?

I regret not getting the Windwaker two pack but I kept holding out for them to be listed on Best Buy online so I could buy them with GCU.  I like amiibos. Just not for $13 each.

A user on reddit reportedly bought some Amiibo for the 3 for $20 deal at TRU, and claims the BotW Amiibo they bought worked for it, despite the sign saying $13.99 or less. Can anyone confirm? They only had 1 BotW; the other two were normal price. Would be nice if it's a glitch...if anybody is so inclined to check the Splatoon 2 pack and 3 packs as well, it would be great to see how far the potential glitch extends...

beatthebomb.com seems to have a whole bunch of smash amiibo i havent picked up yet. ships from australia put 7 amiibo in my cart to see and seems like even after shipping its still less than msrp. they just wont be us versions of the packaging. anyone have experience with this site? should i pull the trigger?

A user on reddit reportedly bought some Amiibo for the 3 for $20 deal at TRU, and claims the BotW Amiibo they bought worked for it, despite the sign saying $13.99 or less. Can anyone confirm? They only had 1 BotW; the other two were normal price. Would be nice if it's a glitch...if anybody is so inclined to check the Splatoon 2 pack and 3 packs as well, it would be great to see how far the potential glitch extends...
Yeah I need that Splatoon 2 pack...it seems to only be available at TRU and Gamestop near me at this point but I would rather not pay $25 for it.

beatthebomb.com seems to have a whole bunch of smash amiibo i havent picked up yet. ships from australia put 7 amiibo in my cart to see and seems like even after shipping its still less than msrp. they just wont be us versions of the packaging. anyone have experience with this site? should i pull the trigger?
Yeah, I actually just bought the Mega Yarn Yoshi from their eBay store (using eBay's make up $15 off coupon), and they shipped it right away. Haven't gotten it yet, of course. But so good, so far.

Just an FYI: if you have a Fred's near you (it's a discount store kinda like a Big Lots), check there, and make sure to check Clearance in the back corner, roo. SSB Link and Ganondorf are being found there for $13 (yeah, retail price, but they're rare). I can confirm, as I got both from one yesterday. Gonna check a few more today in hopes of Sheik and/or Zelda.

Just an FYI: if you have a Fred's near you (it's a discount store kinda like a Big Lots), check there, and make sure to check Clearance in the back corner, roo. SSB Link and Ganondorf are being found there for $13 (yeah, retail price, but they're rare). I can confirm, as I got both from one yesterday. Gonna check a few more today in hopes of Sheik and/or Zelda.
I never even thought about looking at Big Lots... thanks for the tip.

Fred Meyers?

Anyone go try this?

www.fredsinc.com

You can enter your zip code to find a location. In my experience from visiting 3 stores, they have two toy sections...I guess one is technically a clearance section, and sometimes the Amiibo are split between them. From the stores I visited:

-Marion, NC: No more Ganondorf or Link

-Spruce Pine, NC: Didn't see anything, but I didn't seek out the clearance section well enough, I think, so I wager there could be something there (the clearance section in the Burnsville location was in a different spot from the Marion location, and I visited Spruce Pine in between...could have had more toys in the same spot as the Burnsville location; I didn't know to check there at the time).

-Burnsville, NC: 2 Ganondorf in clearance section (an aisle on the left side of the store, close to groceries) as of yesterday.

Also, I wouldn't get your hopes up on finding anyone but SSB Link and/or Ganondorf. The other Amiibo I've found have been the same across all 3 stores. They have SSB Pikachu and Ryu, and then a few different SMB (typically Bowser, Mario, and one of the girls I think, can't recall exactly). All $13 each.

I'm just visiting family, fixing to head back home with my wife, so I don't have a chance to revisit any of those stores; sorry :whistle2:/

Amazon has a not available yet listing for the variant of Corrin that they are calling "(Player 2)" as well as the standard Corrin.  I would assume the variant is their exclusive.

Never thought I would be back here again
LOL, you know they'll get you back eventually.

The only one I was still waiting on was Bayonetta, so now I just need to wait and see who the exclusive retailer will be and go from there. In a worst case, I'll just get the Japanese ones, and fuck any of that waiting in line BS, as I don't need any Amiibo that bad.

Yeah I always imported if I couldn't find something. I will have an extra robin from forever ago too I never traded I was thinking of painting but lazy/no talent lol

Wait, do the first to BBY links take you to the same Bayonetta? the sku's are the same...Or are we guessing one is going to be a variant? 

So the BBY ones are still in stock? I'm in a different country right now in vacation and I couldn't add it to my cart. Not sure if it's blocking me because I'm out of the US.

bread's done
Back