amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well between the Best Buy and TRU deals, I now have all the Animal Crossing amiibos except the Isabelles.  Waiting until they drop to below $8.

I have question, regarding the FE:Echoes Best Buy Lucina deal ($3.99). I pre-ordered FE, during the visa checkout deal, alongside the Switch pro remote (before the 3.99 promo), do I qualify for the current Lucina promo or do I have to shoot up customer service? Thanks, in advance!

I found a ganon at Walmart box was beat up, I noticed the video game section (possible the store) was doing inventory, they have the same amiibos every week I go so he stuck out like a sore thumb I got him for 8$ cause of the box...

Found some splatoon ones at GameStop I think I got the girl the boy that come in the set, the girl was 5$ the boy was 8$ or 9$ they had the amiibo cases on clearance for 4$ looking on eBay I should of picked up most of them...this store still had a gold mario, Samus for 9$, boo they had a lot of goodies

Question for you experts. I am new to amiibo. Is the pricing bestbuy and TRU currently has for animal crossing amiibos good? Or should I wait longer?
Your best bet would probably be to get the 3 pack, Mable, Tom Nook, and Resetti at BB and then get the rest at TRU using their B1G2 free sale. Pretty sure that's the cheapest they've been new. If you wait then you might save 3 or 4 dollars total on the full set... or the stores might say fuck it and put them in salvage for thrift stores to charge $5+ each for them. I would get them now

All in all, this amiibo thing worked out well.

1. Nintendo enabled me to make $2500 profit selling these back when there was high demand.
2. Everyone can get the ones they want so there's no disdain towards the free money nintendo gave me.
3. Many neckbeards have now shaved their necks and actually take baths. Collecting amiibo caused them to realize that living a life as a neckbeard is a wasting a life,

Through Nintendo's stupidity, everyone wins!

You try to create a moniker but in the end you're just entailing yourself to become a troll?!? I really can't tell the difference between what you post and your own actions.

SAw some rumors based on listings from play-asia or similar site that many Zelda amiibo are getting  a restock in June.  Other rumors out there as well.  

You try to create a moniker but in the end you're just entailing yourself to become a troll?!? I really can't tell the difference between what you post and your own actions.
Don't over think it. There is no reason to believe anything that he says, and the overwhelming odds are that he is just trolling. Sure, the dude probably actually doesn't like fat people, but this multi-year long play of red-pill-esque, exaggerated posts can't be anything other than a troll.

suddenly? have yet to find BOTW Zelda since launch. It's not that suddenly people want them, it's the small numbers that were released.
I know Guardian has been pretty much gone since launch week, but I grabbed Rider Link easily off of Best Buy dot com a month later and have seen some others available too. More importantly, the preorders were readily available all the way up until launch. I was able to stare at the yellow button for weeks before finally deciding to pull the trigger on Guardian, Archer, and Zelda. MM Link got all of maybe 2 hours, and of course I missed it.

I've gotten all of them except for BotW because they were more expensive. I was going to play the discount/clearance game since all of the others have gone that route. Nintendo is trying to teach a lesson to us Cheap Asses...

I managed to grab all of the BOTW amiibo, and have most of the Zelda ones, only missing OOT Link and the WW 2 pack. I went hard into amiibo when they came out, but the last year I've slowed down since baving a kid and they came more available. I saw both of those in stores when they first came out but figured I'd pick them up later. Had no idea how rare they'd get.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I pre-ordered all of them off of Amazon, and had all of them delivered to my door.

I don't wait for deals on Amiibos if Amazon pre-orders are available. I'm a little bit disappointed that no listings for the upcoming amiibos have been listed. I'll probably be forced to go out and forage at the local Targets, Best Buys, and GameStops. I probably would have anyway for the exclusive figures (grumble grumble). But now I suppose I'll have to for all of them. Not looking forward to that. Getting pre-order Prime discounts off of Amazon and figures delivered right to me was awfully nice.

Stopped by Target they have Fire Emblems 2 Pack $24.99 out and ready to Go for Tomorrow morning ( I don't even try to buy it. 100% they will take everything off & put back in the back room).  Seem like every target store will have 6-8 2 pack. 

Stopped by Target they have Fire Emblems 2 Pack $24.99 out and ready to Go for Tomorrow morning ( I don't even try to buy it. 100% they will take everything off & put back in the back room). Seem like every target store will have 6-8 2 pack.
I saw about 6 with the big ol Red Best Buy pickup stickers on the front of the plastic at the counter at Best Buy (obviously) earlier.

I had the FE amiibos and the game in separate orders with separate cards from Best Buy because one was from the VC offer. I was supposed to pick them both up today but it's hot outside and I'm lazy, so I'm having them shipped now. I was worried there a bit because I saw the amiibos were out of stock and it wouldn't let me ship them until today. But then they also wanted to charge me $4 for shipping the amiibos, despite the fact that I'm an Elite Plus member. So I just placed a new order instead. I'm so glad I didn't end up screwing myself over in the end.

Don't over think it. There is no reason to believe anything that he says, and the overwhelming odds are that he is just trolling. Sure, the dude probably actually doesn't like fat people, but this multi-year long play of red-pill-esque, exaggerated posts can't be anything other than a troll.
On the contrary, i have no reason to lie. $2500 isn't that much money made on this. There's people who got in on it earlier than I did and had even more villager, marth, and wii fit trainers on ebay. I have also posted images of what I sold in this very thread.

What I find is that people like yourself that call "bs" and "troll" are just upset that they didn't capitalize on Nintendo's mistake like the rest of us did.

There's not a single amiibo left in my possession and I'm not even tempted to buy any more. It's called winning. You may want to give it a try some time. FeelsGoodMan!

On the contrary, i have no reason to lie.
OK. And no one here has any reason to believe you. In this environment of anti scalping (at least it used to be) your multi year crusade just reeks of opportunistic trolling. Believing anything you say is a fools errand.

Looking forward to the FE dual pack to arrive today. The FE amiibo after Marth have been some of my favorite.

Personally I find his posts funny, not only because of the content but because they rile up people like yourself. If you're that offended then just put him on ignore...

bread's done
Back