amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, people without pre-orders are going to be really disappointed this time around.  Although I prefer amiibos going back to the way things used to be, I do feel bad for people operating under these conditions.   Even worse, the next waves of amiibos are going to be even more cut-throat.  You really gotta be on top of your amiibo hunting game to get these things again.   It will be interesting to see what kind of restocks happen in the next few weeks.  GS has always been one to let their stock trickle in on following Wednesdays in order to keep the scalpers at bay. 

3 people lined up and they had 7 extras. One guy wanted to get an extra for his 'friend' and the manager held steadfast and limited him to one. Good on him. As I was leaving someone walked in and asked if they had any left. I pointed him to the CS desk and I'm sure he got one. Maybe another Phoenix CAG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prime only is crazy. If they are giving prime members a chance to order it before everyone else, it could sell out just to prime members.

wow @ Prime only.  I have Prime so I was able to secure one but seriously fuck Amazon.  I'm glad people are finally able to see how bad they are becoming for consumers, as well their attempts to become a pseudo-monopoly in the online marketplace.

I just got MM link from BB (i preordered) but damn i have already like 3 links, not interested in 5 more!

Haha maybe it's just me. But MM was the most interesting one of the 3

Of course it's prime only. I knew it. Good thing I made a new account in advance and signed up for the trial. All 3! Yes! Just have to pick up my Gamestop reserved one assuming they don't sell it to someone else...

wow @ Prime only. I have Prime so I was able to secure one but seriously fuck Amazon. I'm glad people are finally able to see how bad it is for consumers for them to have this pseudo-monopoly in the online marketplace.
It's bad for consumers to have store exclusives, so this just adds on top of that. NOA is the only branch of Nintendo that does this shit. NOE and NoJ put them for sale everywhere....

Edit: I have Prime and still think this is a cheap move.

3 people lined up and they had 7 extras. One guy wanted to get an extra for his 'friend' and the manager held steadfast and limited him to one. Good on him. As I was leaving someone walked in and asked if they had any left. I pointed him to the CS desk and I'm sure he got one. Maybe another Phoenix CAG?

Which BB? I pre-ordered mine at BB near PV Mall

Got my Amazon order in for the Skyward Sword. I was lucky. I was actually in the middle of my morning meeting. Just dumb luck that I refreshed the page.

This whole wave of Link amiibo has been ridiculous.  Gamestop only got enough in stores for preorders (which weren't much - averaged 2 to 6 per store).  Best Buy got 20 to 30 per store but almost all of those went to preorders.  And now Amazon doesn't even do preorders but puts it on sale for Prime members only.

I think its pretty clear that Nintendo printed a tiny number of these considering each one was a store exclusive and the numbers provided were puny per store.

I really hope they do another printing of each one (though the only one I missed out on was Best Buy's Majora's Mask).

It's bad for consumers to have store exclusives, so this just adds on top of that. NOA is the only branch of Nintendo that does this shit. NOE and NoJ put them for sale everywhere....
That's because NOE has European manners and sensibilities.

*sips tea*

*extends pinky*

Exclusively for Prime members... How long does that last?
Until everyone signs up for Prime because they were forced, and they sell out at one per customer.

Of course it's prime only. I knew it. Good thing I made a new account in advance and signed up for the trial. All 3! Yes! Just have to pick up my Gamestop reserved one assuming they don't sell it to someone else...

Luckly im a prime member currently and didnt have to do this.

But this is clever and looks like what everyone (myself included) will be doing next time with this exclusive amiibo BS next year.

Thankfully the Fall/Winter wave has no exclusives.

No idea, could be until they sell out. Sign up for a free trial or make another account and sign up for a free trial?
That's what I ended up doing... When are the other exclusives going live? I want to cancel before 30 days but also want the exclusive SSB amiibo.

I see Corrin 2 is releasing July 21... Just enough to order before I cancel... LOL

I don't remember how long gamestop holds preorders for. Go in and talk to an employee there, get on their good side.
Ya. I'm just hoping nobody picks up their order. Knowing Nintendo, this will be their only print of these things.

Picked up my GS preorder, no extras in the area (had her check nearby stores. Also picked up a Guardian amiibo that was still in the back room so pretty good morning amiibo hunting!

Luckly im a prime member currently and didnt have to do this.
But this is clever and looks like what everyone (myself included) will be doing next time with this exclusive amiibo BS next year.
Thankfully the Fall/Winter wave has no exclusives.
This isn't my first Amiibo exclusive rodeo. Always be prepared with a fresh account with all your info ready to go so you can just one click it. While I have the prime trial I'm going to order some food I can't get here. Time for some overpriced SURGE! Lol

Picked up my pre ordered Link at Best Buy about an hour ago. The girl at the counter said they sold out of all the non pre ordered ones within 10 minutes of opening and that every person bought two of course. Im glad they put that obnoxious pick up sticker on the plastic and not the actual cardboard. I couldn't believe how sticky it was. Seemed like it would totally peel the ink right off. This is the first time I've done store pickup, because after everything I've received smashed in bubble mailers or just poorly packed, I wasn't risking it again. I have all of my guardian series being shipped to store as well, and think I'll do this all the time from now on.

bread's done
Back