amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Skyward Sword after signing up for prime earlier (which should last just long enough for Corrin P2 to be released) and was able to order MM at BB. Just need the GS exclusives now. Guess I'll wait for an early reprint or for them to lose their exclusivity.

The Monster Hunter Stories US boxart has the amiibo logo and AFAIK no other amiibo work with the game, so maybe they will be released here.

Qbby definitely isn't since NOA changed how the amiibo content is unlocked in Bye-Bye BoxBoy

Same here.  While I was surprised the SS Link was sent next day at no additional cost, I would have preferred it be sent in a box instead of a bubble mailer.  Oh well, time to leave bad packaging feedback.

Jesus Christ Amazon. I got a bubble mailer Skyward amiibo too. Have not opened it yet, but I am now prepared for the worst.

Finally opened it.  As a loser who collects CIB, it could have been worse.  Cardboard is actually pretty good, but the plastic bubble was pushed up to Link's face.  

Does anyone know where there's a release schedule for amiibo ? When does the new mario bros series amiibos come out ? I'm assuming metroid ones come out when Metroid 3DS comes out ? Thank you :)

Jesus Christ Amazon. I got a bubble mailer Skyward amiibo too. Have not opened it yet, but I am now prepared for the worst.
Non-Prime members:
"What the hell, Amazon? I can't even buy amiibos from you now?"

Prime members:
"What the hell, Amazon? I pay extra for better service and you send damaged goods!"

Mine came in a bubble mailer as well.

Actually got lucky and it is pretty much mint but Amazon should know better by now. They know how sought after the thing is since they limited it to 1 and Prime but not smart enough to put a memo out to "ship these in a box so we don't get thousands of pissed off people contacting customer service".

Mine came in a bubble mailer as well.

Actually got lucky and it is pretty much mint but Amazon should know better by now. They know how sought after the thing is since they limited it to 1 and Prime but not smart enough to put a memo out to "ship these in a box so we don't get thousands of pissed off people contacting customer service".
They see them as dolls, not dollar bills.

Did anyone else get an email from Amazon saying that you're getting your SS Link sooner than originally planned?

"Your new estimated delivery date is: Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Your previous estimated delivery date: Monday, July 3, 2017"

Did anyone else get an email from Amazon saying that you're getting your SS Link sooner than originally planned?

"Your new estimated delivery date is: Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Your previous estimated delivery date: Monday, July 3, 2017"
Mine was originally scheduled for Sunday, but came today instead.

Toys R Us has most Amiibo B1G1 40% off this week.  Though TRU generally inflates their prices if you scoop up the $100 GCs on eBay every now and then for $85-$90 and join the rewards program it can save a bit with certain sales like this.  Anyone seen the BOTW ones there in the last week or so?? 

Toys R Us has most Amiibo B1G1 40% off this week. Though TRU generally inflates their prices if you scoop up the $100 GCs on eBay every now and then for $85-$90 and join the rewards program it can save a bit with certain sales like this. Anyone seen the BOTW ones there in the last week or so??
I did on Friday. Even saw Alm and Celca. I went looking for poochy.

a local walmart had some yarn yoshi on clearance for $4 and SMB Wario for $4, so make sure to check brickseek for some.

Damn, I wish these amiibo weren't valuable. It's really hard to justify opening them to get the little in-game outfits when you see their value, and I don't even collect them. I have all 3 just sitting next to my TV mocking me.

The Skyward Sword Link is definitely what the kids call "thicc" though. Hips for days on that one.

P.S. If someone who collects got a   fuck ed up SS Link and wants to switch it with mine, let me know. Just pay the shipping.

Toys R Us is doing B1G2 free but Animal Crossing only.... I was excited when I first saw that, but I have the whole Animal Crossing series completed....

Damn, I wish these amiibo weren't valuable. It's really hard to justify opening them to get the little in-game outfits when you see their value, and I don't even collect them. I have all 3 just sitting next to my TV mocking me.

The Skyward Sword Link is definitely what the kids call "thicc" though. Hips for days on that one.

P.S. If someone who collects got a fuck ed up SS Link and wants to switch it with mine, let me know. Just pay the shipping.
Buy an NFC chip or a power save and just use that instead of opening them.

I just got mine too. Delivered in a pretty big bubble mailer. Backing is a little bent/curved but I collect OOB anyway. I like to take a pic of the box before trashing it to remember it by.

My SS Link amiibo just arrived in a bubble mailed too. Good thing I open them. The card was bent and the bubble on box was crushed about as far as the tip of the sword. Amiibo itself is fine thankfully.

Amazon has gotten far too big. They just don't give a shit anymore. Not like they used to. Making an exclusive of theirs Prime-only? Seriously?

My SS Link amiibo just arrived in a bubble mailed too. Good thing I open them. The card was bent and the bubble on box was crushed about as far as the tip of the sword. Amiibo itself is fine thankfully.

Amazon has gotten far too big. They just don't give a shit anymore. Not like they used to. Making an exclusive of theirs Prime-only? Seriously?
This happened years ago - when they did away with their price match window and made their returns more restrictive (and also when they seriously outsourced customer service) it was clear the quality of the experience was dropping, hard. I look forward to an ungodly damaged Amiibo I would have rather purchased elsewhere coming in soon... :bomb:

This happened years ago - when they did away with their price match window and made their returns more restrictive (and also when they seriously outsourced customer service) it was clear the quality of the experience was dropping, hard. I look forward to an ungodly damaged Amiibo I would have rather purchased elsewhere coming in soon... :bomb:
Oh no! A toy that is meant to be opened. They really should hand deliver everything with white gloves for that $12.99 toy purchase.

Just got my SS Link. It wasn't that bad for me. The cardboard was in great condition (slight bend) and just a couple of dents on the plastic. Not noticeable unless you look for it. I'm still going to call Amazon though.  They can't treat customers like shit without some backlash. 

Oh no! A toy that is meant to be opened. They really should hand deliver everything with white gloves for that $12.99 toy purchase.
Is it really that bad to ask that an item popular enough to get Prime-only status gets shipped in a box?

Sending something that is not made for a bubble mailer in a box is not too much to ask. Even if they don't pad the box correctly, I wouldn't be as critical, but a bubble mailer is freaking ridiculous.

I don't care if the item was $2, you should try to get the item to the customer in one piece and in the condition a brand new item should be in. Not even speaking of collecting, what if the item was a gift? Would you want to gift something that looks like you found it in a garbage can outside Gamestop?

Sending something that is not made for a bubble mailer in a box is not too much to ask. Even if they don't pad the box correctly, I wouldn't be as critical, but a bubble mailer is freaking ridiculous.

I don't care if the item was $2, you should try to get the item to the customer in one piece and in the condition a brand new item should be in. Not even speaking of collecting, what if the item was a gift? Would you want to gift something that looks like you found it in a garbage can outside Gamestop?
It's just weird, I've many times gotten items in a box that was mostly filled with those plastic bag cushions that would have been just fine in a bubble mailer. I don't really "get" the whole boxed craze with toys, these are terrible "investments" if that is your deal, and they are much better for display purchases out of the box. But it is kind of weird they would send so many other things by box, but bubble mailer Amazon Prime exclusive items.

My friend ordered my SS Link and it was said to arrive yesterday, but somehow got sent to the wrong carrier facility so it'll arrive by Wednesday. lol

At least my friend should be able to get an extra month of Prime out of it.

Also, for those upset with the bubble mailer, at least they didn't stand it up in a box that was too short and then bend it to make it fit (which has happened to me in the past).

I don't collect CIB but there's still no defending Amazon putting these in bubble mailers. Lol at anyone who thinks it's ok to pay $100 a year for a premium service and then have them half-ass the packaging and send you items with destroyed boxes. My box was so crushed it damn near messed with the figure inside. No excuse for that

I once bought a POP vinyl for a family member (personally I hate the things) at Target. The kid helping at the self checkout had to correct something with pricing and he tossed the POP at the bags and missed and it fell on the floor. I said to not throw around the item because it was a gift. Some other employee walking past said "don't worry, those things are indestructible." I said, "the box isn't!"

Long story short, don't fucking piss in the customer's corn flakes and call it cereal.

My box was so crushed it damn near messed with the figure inside. No excuse for that
I have an expensive display figure coming in a few days from them and I'm terrified how they'll package it.

It's telling how some random Ebayer will do a better job at packaging than a multibillion company like Amazon.

Buy an NFC chip or a power save and just use that instead of opening them.
But then what am I going to do with my free time? Isn't this the fun of video games? Talking about them on a forum and frantically refreshing Amazon so I can get a toy that might give me a chance of getting some useless exclusive thing in the game?

I collected them and didn't want to take them OOB cuz they looked so nice. Now i dont even care. Im not going yo sell them so might as well enjoy them, and they take waaaay less space this way.

bread's done
Back