amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an expensive display figure coming in a few days from them and I'm terrified how they'll package it.
It's telling how some random Ebayer will do a better job at packaging than a multibillion company like Amazon.
That's because the ebayer is more at risk of a charge back and losing the item.

What are the chances of a reprint of these new ones? Looks like I'm going to be missing the Link TP amiibo. fucking Nintendo.
These came out as store exclusives two days ago. That's putting the cart WAY before the horse.

Especially since basically all of the store-exclusive figures from previous runs ended up showing up in almost shelf-clogging numbers six months later.

Nintendo- and the stores- know that people want this. It's why the stores paid for exclusives.

In six months, when people are complaining that they can't find Zero Suit Samus because she does something in the new Metroid games, they'll probably also be complaining about why there are so many Zelda figures laying around.

I wish my SS amiibo didn't get delayed -_-... No peace of mind until it arrives ugh

Ugh my AmiAmi order with my TP and SS Links is being stupid. For some reason it defaulted to my old address and I had to manually change it, and now I have been waiting for a new invoice for 3 days and my order auto cancels on Tuesday (Which will probably get me banned there too......)

Well thank you to everyone here for getting me geared up to receive a bubble mailer from Amazon.  It was nice to be prepared for the worst.  I got one and sure enough the box had been crushed.  But luckily it was mostly the plastic and the cardboard is still in pretty good shape. 

Simply inexcusable to make people jump through hoops to get this with Prime only, limit it to one per customer, and then they don't ship it properly.  They know better than this too, seeing as previous exclusives like Palutena all came boxed. 

My Amazon bubble mailer came and somehow magically there was NO damage to the Amiibo box, but since it sat outside in the Desert heat for a bit the sword was bent.  Trying to melt it back into place currently!

Oh no! A toy that is meant to be opened. They really should hand deliver everything with white gloves for that $12.99 toy purchase.
Still posting the same dumb bigoted stuff from 2015. You were wrong then and you're wrong now. It's not up to you to tell anyone how to collect.

Companies shouldn't buy exclusivity rights to collector's items if they're not going to handle them with care. Everybody knows this by now. GS doesn't put stickers on their pre-order amiibos and Best Buy makes the store pickup stickers as minimally invasive as possible, putting them on the bottom of the plastic, or sometimes using just the corner of the sticker. If Amazon needs to charge a couple bucks extra for shipping and handling then they should offer that.

My Amazon bubble mailer came and somehow magically there was NO damage to the Amiibo box, but since it sat outside in the Desert heat for a bit the sword was bent. Trying to melt it back into place currently!
Pretty much the same results here except there was a minor dent in the top left of the plastic packaging. Mine wasn't even outside in the Texas heat for long though and still the sword is pretty warped.

I went to BB today and asked about ordering a MM Link like some have mentioned in this thread. They guy tried, but the item is completely locked down in the system.

Pretty much the same results here except there was a minor dent in the top left of the plastic packaging. Mine wasn't even outside in the Texas heat for long though and still the sword is pretty warped.
The sword on mine was warped downward, so I have it sitting in the Arizona shade upside down in the bubble mailer. It is actually straightening out from the heat and gravity!

You'd think they could afford the boxes when they took away the 20% discount on these.

SS came yesterday. The package was damaged like most others, luckily that doesn't matter for me.

I went to BB today and asked about ordering a MM Link like some have mentioned in this thread. They guy tried, but the item is completely locked down in the system.
I tried around 5pm EDT and was able to put an order through. Maybe I got lucky though: I walked in and got one of the employees who knows me as the Amiibo guy was there lol. So they made sure to not only get it for me but let me know that I'm missing some pre orders, heh.

I tried around 5pm EDT and was able to put an order through. Maybe I got lucky though: I walked in and got one of the employees who knows me as the Amiibo guy was there lol. So they made sure to not only get it for me but let me know that I'm missing some pre orders, heh.
I don't know the formal name for this process but there is a way for them to order some from their warehouse if they have any. This stock is different than what they use for online orders.

Could be that the employee for the other guy just looked online and couldn't do anything. Your employee knows you're into amiibo so they tried this alternate method and was able to.

re:Best Buy backdoor order

ask for either "OMS" or "Express Lane" from a friendly and experienced customer service employee.  Then give them a SKU and they will try to order one for you direct.

Certain items are able to bypass traditional 'sold out' quantities and can be ordered directly from warehouses or other stores.  I was able to get Witcher III collector's editions this way a couple years ago.  This probably will not work in the case of MM Link, already mentioned by another member on here.   It varies on a region by region basis and by what's available.

My SS Link came in today from Amazon as well. Fortunately they placed it in a box with the cheap earbuds I ordered the same day (separate order). Got lucky this time - been through that [Con] Air mailer junk in the past with previous Amazon amiibo purchases. 

Stop with the pictures of crushed Amiibos, they hurt the soul.  

Mine was just delivered a lil before 9PM  
Pretty much pristine condition and it was on blubbler.. lucked out I suppose!  :whistle2:
Uuvh9dk.jpg

Amiibo arrived in a bubble mailer. Cardboard was SLIGHTLY bent but practically perfect condition.

I don't know the formal name for this process but there is a way for them to order some from their warehouse if they have any. This stock is different than what they use for online orders.

Could be that the employee for the other guy just looked online and couldn't do anything. Your employee knows you're into amiibo so they tried this alternate method and was able to.
I already knew to ask for the other method, as someone already stated called: OMS. :p but yeah that's what they did for me.

Also: my SS link came from Amazon in a bubble mailer as well. Got EXTREMELY lucky. Only the backing was slightly bent, and wasn't even creased.

Hoping for my amiibo to be shipped in a box since I ordered a bunch of stuff this weekend. Or hopefully my bubble mailer isn't destroyed! Will report tomorrow

Hoping for my amiibo to be shipped in a box since I ordered a bunch of stuff this weekend. Or hopefully my bubble mailer isn't destroyed! Will report tomorrow
I ordered a case for my new phone at the same time to increase my odds of getting it in a box and low and behold it came in a box. Another long time collector tip I thought everyone knew by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's any consolation at all, I just bought a $1400 MacBook from Amazon Warehouse for work, and they just wrapped the computer in a couple layers of bubble wrap and threw it in a giant box. This is the box.

IMG_1695.jpg

I guess my amiibo showing up unscathed was Amazon karma balancing out.

(Also offer still open for anyone who collects in box and wants to switch theirs out for mine though, I'll be opening soon if not so let me know.)

Thanks for all the box crushing reports. When we buy an amiibo from Amazon, we should probably all just remember to order some other stuff with it so they will put it in a bigger box.... hopefully :)

Thanks for all the box crushing reports. When we buy an amiibo from Amazon, we should probably all just remember to order some other stuff with it so they will put it in a bigger box.... hopefully :)
With my luck if I did that they would just ship all the items in individual bubble mailers.

To add insult to injury as I await for my Link Skyward Sword Amiibo to arrive in a bubble mailer, tracking shows the post office sent the package to the Bronx, NY instead of my town in New Jersey.

Bonus as Amazon then tells me "Your package could not be delivered because of a problem with the shipping address. Please contact Amazon for assistance."

fuck Amazon.......

I wonder what would be a good filler item to order along with Player 2 Corrin, to ensure it ships in a box...

Something soft and cheap...?

I wonder what would be a good filler item to order along with Player 2 Corrin, to ensure it ships in a box...

Something soft and cheap...?
You could always order packing materials with it, like foam peanuts ... :)

However one issue is that you need to make sure whatever is ordered doesn't show up as a separate shipping item (where you select shipping method for each item separately) as that often suggests it is coming from a different warehouse.

You could always order packing materials with it, like foam peanuts ... :)

However one issue is that you need to make sure whatever is ordered doesn't show up as a separate shipping item (where you select shipping method for each item separately) as that often suggests it is coming from a different warehouse.
No joke I ordered packing paper from Amazon and they added packing paper to protect the packing paper.

Meanwhile a $90 hardcover omnibus.....nothing to protect it. WTF????

Just got my SS Link in a bubble mailer of course and my other items in boxes. Damage not too bad surprisingly just a little dent on the top left part of the plastic and some bending on the cardboard. Not as bad as that super crushed one someone posted here!

Best Buy finally sent my Amiibos in a box.  One of the MM LInks even had a piece of tissue paper wrapped around it in addition to the bags of air.  

Gamestop delivered the Guardian in a box.  PLenty of bags of air.  

Amazon, just as for you all, sent the SS Link in a padded envelope.  Mine fortunately survived and is close to mint.  

Got my SS Link in a bubble mailer...surprisingly absolutely perfect condition, unfortunately I open mine. I got too many even in boxes that were damaged. My first 3 I ever bought were all folded in half to fit in a smaller box. This one doesn't even have a crease or bent corner at all, crazy.

My TP one came, GS may overcharge for shipping but at least it came in a pretty good sized box, completely surrounded by air cushions. In tip top shape. Least I have the 3.

bread's done
Back