amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My bayo 2s arrived they have errata. The pose is different on both of them. one leans forward much more than the other.

i received my cloud from BB with some grease or food stains. it also happened when i received something else from bb back then. i wiped it off with wet tissue.

If anyone is still looking for the Twilight Princess Link I'd check the GameStop website for stock around you. It seems that most/if not all the stores around me got restocked yesterday afternoon. I was able to walk in to pick up my Cloud preorder and got a Link too.

I don't know what amazon's deal is. They have no problem shipping expensive electronics in a cheap ass flimsy bubble mailer. They must lose a ton on returns alone.
If an item will fit in a bubble mailer, they will use it. Value has ZERO effect on how they package something. And while I can't speak to returns in general, I send items back shipped that way each and every time. Unless of course if they don't arrive damaged, which is about 1 to every 20 orders, so for me, they may or may not be making money, but that doesn't seem to be their end game anyways.

So as long as they ship me items in that manner, if they are damaged, they go back. I actually should have a replacement order arriving today, for some books I sent back last week that showed up damaged. So my fingers are crossed for today's order, but I won't be holding my breath.

Sooo I'm kinda annoyed. Went to my local Best Buy to pick up my Splatoon amiibo preorders last night aaand they didn't have any of the purple squid amiibo left. Apparently there were too many preorders for the stock allowed or something, and that don't know when (or if) they'll be getting anymore in before my in-store order times out. And on top of that, on the website it still says that it's "Ready for Pickup", meaning that it's not going to automatically let me know when/if another shipment comes in and so I'll have to check in each day.

Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just my local store? I admit that I've not gone back through the thread too far to see if this has already been discussed by others yet or not.

Sooo I'm kinda annoyed. Went to my local Best Buy to pick up my Splatoon amiibo preorders last night aaand they didn't have any of the purple squid amiibo left. Apparently there were too many preorders for the stock allowed or something, and that don't know when (or if) they'll be getting anymore in before my in-store order times out. And on top of that, on the website it still says that it's "Ready for Pickup", meaning that it's not going to automatically let me know when/if another shipment comes in and so I'll have to check in each day.
Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just my local store? I admit that I've not gone back through the thread too far to see if this has already been discussed by others yet or not.

That's horrible. Hope they don't do that to me when I get there tomorrow.

The Splatoon amiibo were curiously understocked. Especially with the game coming out that day. I only had 1 left out of the 4 we got of each one to put out after orders were taken care of.

Heads up people. 

Apparently over on r/amiibo People are receiving Corrin P1 instead of Corrin P2.

Also my order for Corrin p2 was "delayed" in their warehouse even though i ordered the second it went up at 1:30 ET. 

Looks like they Screwed up the SKUS or have people in their warehouses who are selecting the wrong one to pack.

Hopefully mines being delayed is a sign that they're double checking these orders now before they ship. 

I fully expect a shit storm in the coming days from more people receiving the wrong Corrin.

For reference, my Squid amiibo i ordered along with Corrin (so they would both come in a box.....) was shipped by itself and is arriving today. 

Corrin P2 still hasn't shipped (doesn't even say "preparing") and still says it will arrive Sunday. Ordered it literally within 15 seconds of it going up. If they screw me over heads will roll

I just received a shipment email for my Corrin P2 a few minutes ago, so after reading the above posts, I'm hoping that means they've straightened out their mistake and I'll actually be getting the right one. Guess we'll see in a couple of days.

Corrin P2 still hasn't shipped (doesn't even say "preparing") and still says it will arrive Sunday. Ordered it literally within 15 seconds of it going up. If they screw me over heads will roll
I'm the same. Mine said preparing for shipment yesterday and now it's status is not shipped yet. Also did you receive a email on your order because I haven't even got that yet. Very odd in my opinion.

If you're looking for any amiibo try TRU and target. Just at both and they had tons of them; some I hadn't seen in the wild for some time and the whole BotW line.

If anyone is still looking for the Twilight Princess Link I'd check the GameStop website for stock around you. It seems that most/if not all the stores around me got restocked yesterday afternoon. I was able to walk in to pick up my Cloud preorder and got a Link too.
Thanks for the heads up on this. Picked one up this morning.

The count on r/amiibo is 5 people (who commented) received the wrong Corrin. 

Asked all of them which warehouse their corrin came from to see if its a single warehouse issue or a larger fuck up. 

Edit - 

So far Warehouses involved:

4x Swendesboro, NJ 

1x Baltimore, MD

Looking like an East Coast Issue so far.

Mines is coming from Trenton, NJ to NYC. fuck me. 

I'm the same. Mine said preparing for shipment yesterday and now it's status is not shipped yet. Also did you receive a email on your order because I haven't even got that yet. Very odd in my opinion.
I did get an email confirmation when I ordered. Still says "not yet shipped" and "arriving tomorrow by 8pm"

Word of warning for those who ordered Corrin: the people at Amazon may not understand that they are supposed to be offering a exclusive female figure. Just got my Corrin figure in the mail today, but instead of the intended Player 2 figure, I got the regular Player 1 figure instead. :bomb:

The count on r/amiibo is 3 people (who commented) received the wrong Corrin.

Asked all of them which warehouse their corrin came from to see if its a single warehouse issue or a larger fuck up.

Edit -

1x Swenden, NJ

1x Baltimore, MD

Damn. I'll report tomorrow since they changed my delivery date from Wednesday to tomorrow. It's getting shipped from Erlanger, KY

Word of warning for those who ordered Corrin: the people at Amazon may not understand that they are supposed to be offering a exclusive female figure. Just got my Corrin figure in the mail today, but instead of the intended Player 2 figure, I got the regular Player 1 figure instead. :bomb:
Which facility did it ship from?

Mine is coming from San Bernardino, CA so hopefully they have their shit together. Amazon better be able to make this right for anyone that gets the wrong amiibo. $20 promo codes won't cut it.

Mine is coming from San Bernardino, CA so hopefully they have their shit together. Amazon better be able to make this right for anyone that gets the wrong amiibo. $20 promo codes won't cut it.
Someone on Reddit only got 30% off Scalper prices. I'd be so damn salty if I got cockblocked from a full SSB set by an Amazon fuckup.

Even if they were to give the cost of a scalper Corrin, it's still not good enough. How many of those scalpers even have the amiibo? They're probably waiting like us, and may end up with the same problem as others. Then there's the problem where the scalpers will likely raise their prices to take advantage of the situation.

Ugh. Now I'm worried. Monday can't come soon enough.

Over on the reddit page.

Out of the 5 People to have gotten the wrong Corrin, 4 out of 5 were delivered from Swedesboro, NJ. 

So anyone having theirs ship out from there, Prepare for the worst.

Mines is coming from NJ as well, but Trenton.

At this point im starting to get paranoid. Won't know till monday. 

Figures some stunt would happen with the last Available SSB amiibo to complete the set. 

I find it a little amusing that I want the regular old Bayonetta amiibo, but it's completely sold out on Best Buy's site and unavailable at my store, yet their exclusive P2 version is still available for both shipping and pickup. Figured it would be the other way around, if anything.

This is why I always ship. Usually they're fine, but after I had one sold out CE have a similar issue (which they luckily were able to order from another store), I stopped ordering anything limited or important for pickup. Too easy for issues.

Heads up people.

Apparently over on r/amiibo People are receiving Corrin P1 instead of Corrin P2.

Also my order for Corrin p2 was "delayed" in their warehouse even though i ordered the second it went up at 1:30 ET.

Looks like they Screwed up the SKUS or have people in their warehouses who are selecting the wrong one to pack.

Hopefully mines being delayed is a sign that they're double checking these orders now before they ship.

I fully expect a shit storm in the coming days from more people receiving the wrong Corrin.

For reference, my Squid amiibo i ordered along with Corrin (so they would both come in a box.....) was shipped by itself and is arriving today.
Oof. Glad mine is still preparing I guess.

The count on r/amiibo is 5 people (who commented) received the wrong Corrin.

Edit -

4x Swendesboro, NJ

1x Baltimore, MD

Super =/

Judging by how many P2 Bayonettas each of my Best Buys received, I know there is going to be a restock of the P2 Cloud at Gamestop on at least one the coming wednesdays.  Gamestop also likes to disperse out their shipments like that.

I am certain they'll be getting more of these.   Also it was up on the website all night the other day when none of us wanted to pay for shipping.

They definitely produced WAY more of these SSB ammibos than the recent zelda wave of exclusives. 

How can you even tell which warehouse it was shipped from? This is all mine says:

Latest update: Saturday, Jul 22

4:58 PM
Shipment arrived at Amazon facility 
Twinsburg, OH, US
Carrier: AMZL US, Tracking #: 

Friday, Jul 21

9:22 PM
Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

The carrier is Amazon's own AMZL thing, not UPS or USPS so I can't plug that number in anywhere and look

Mine has shipped from "Not shipped yet" to "Shipping today." Well it's past 8pm here, not sure how it's gonna ship today but hopefully they're right...

Guess it's a good thing my Corrin isn't expected to be shipped for a couple of days, but I'm in NYC, so it's likely I might be getting mine from Trenton too :/

I received the wrong Corrin.

Mine came from Trenton.
fuck me.

Some people on r/amiibo got theirs from there and it ended up being the correct one.

Looks like its a lottery at this point. Won't know till monday what mines is, but with my luck it'll be P1.

I just hope She goes back up eventually since clearly theres gotta be more stock left over with all these wrong orders.

Sometime over the last day my Corrin P2 order went from "arriving Wednesday" to "arriving tomorrow."  Really hope they had enough time to stop fucking up these orders.

Cloud Player 2 back up on Gamestop for shipping!
Now that it is in stock and not a pre order you would think you could stack SAVER with some filler... NOPE. I tried all kinds of variations of an amiibo and other products to get SAVER to work. Also the store pickup option doesn't seem to work either... I hate their website so much.

bread's done
Back