amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with two orders: one shipped and one in-store. I'll possibly keep both or return the one in worse condition, assuming they don't cancel one.

Potentially dumb and random question: If I use a $5 cert to pre-order one of these, and they don't release until after it expires, does the discount still apply or do I lose the discount at the expiration date?

Potentially dumb and random question: If I use a $5 cert to pre-order one of these, and they don't release until after it expires, does the discount still apply or do I lose the discount at the expiration date?
You're talking about Best Buy? The discount will still apply if you use the cert now.

If anyone else is looking for Bokoblin Amiami has it in stock. My payment charge came to about $23.

Its still in the 30s on Amazon, so im not sure if there are other alternatives atm.

Callie and Marie mostly dried up in March/April.
I remember frys had tons of those and was trying to clear them out last year. They even had a promo code deal for a wii u for like $30 off plus free callie and marie. At the time I had no interest in amiibos and was waiting for some better bundle deal that never came. Oh well.

I found 3 3 pack rob, game n watch n someone else for 10$ at GameStop

Ended up picking up a other pair of hori amiibo clear cases for 8$ I got 4 new in box I guess they are discontinued or people didn't really use them

"I found 3 3 pack rob, game n watch n someone else for 10$ at GameStop"

I was able to snag one, thanks for that.

Is the Samus Returns two pack only a pre-order item or is there a chance of me just picking one up on release day?
Well, it has been selling out pre-orders faster than any of the other upcoming Amiibo, even the Zelda Guardians. But, stores will probably have some in stock on release day if you get there early enough.

You mean some customer-service reps lie and/or just say wrong shit because they don't know or don't care!!!!???
You mean people who are paid a minimum wage that isn't enough to live on, and are forced to typically work more than one job, and maybe even then struggle to get by, don't give two shits about whether or not you buy a three inch plastic toy?

My gawd- how terribly rude and inconsiderate of them!

Well, it has been selling out pre-orders faster than any of the other upcoming Amiibo, even the Zelda Guardians. But, stores will probably have some in stock on release day if you get there early enough.
Only store that generally gets more than maybe 1-2 extra figures outside of preorders is generally Best Buy. You can also try Target, but you would need to lineup minimum 6 in the morning, instead of 8 AM for Best Buy.

My order of Splatoon 2 figures from BB that was scheduled for delivery on August 16th just got delayed until September 13th....

You mean people who are paid a minimum wage that isn't enough to live on, and are forced to typically work more than one job, and maybe even then struggle to get by, don't give two shits about whether or not you buy a three inch plastic toy?

My gawd- how terribly rude and inconsiderate of them!
Yeah right. As if we made them slack off in school, forced them to not look for a better job or learn coding or some other skill that would earn them more money. Always funny when people think minimum wage jobs are supposed to support someone indefinitely like other careers. Sure there are some exceptions, but we generally make our own beds, however slowly and small steps of neglect that eventually lead us there.

So that high school flunkie better hope that 3 inch of plastic gets to my house with wings, or he can find a job he cares about or is better at or else shove it up his @#@#. :-({|= :p

Yeah right. As if we made them slack off in school, forced them to not look for a better job or learn coding or some other skill that would earn them more money. Always funny when people think minimum wage jobs are supposed to support someone indefinitely like other careers. Sure there are some exceptions, but we generally make our own beds, however slowly and small steps of neglect that eventually lead us there.

So that high school flunkie better hope that 3 inch of plastic gets to my house with wings, or he can find a job he cares about or is better at or else shove it up his @#@#. :-({|= :p
On top of that fact that you are still being paid to do a job--like, have some work ethic. I've worked minimum wage jobs in my life, and I worked my ass off because I was being paid the agreed wage to perform that job, and my work reflected back on me as a person. Believe it or not, making excuses for everyone and shifting blame is not actually improving our society.

You would be surprised at how many adults have to take these jobs due to manufacturing and other skilled labor jobs not being available.

And when you tell someone "I'm going to pay you the absolute least the law will allow me to pay you", you don't get the extra mile. How about we tell the workers they deserve more than the absolute minimum if we are going to expect more than the minimum effort out of them? How about you tell the company you aren't going to buy your plastic figures there because the minimum service levels that they are paying for are not sufficient for your needs? You want premium service for your toy business, so they need to hire premium help and pay premium wages to get that.

And you do realize minimum wage has not been raised in almost a decade? The cost of living hasn't been frozen over that period.

Totally agree...except for everything else outside of that one statement being completely lopsided and skewed.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/gregschoofs/how-much-college-did-your-summer-job-pay-for?utm_term=.euqJAokw2#.dawzo5xY3

Hard to tell kids to "just go to college" when the price of critical pieces of the puzzle have skyrocketed. Would you like to see an article that shows how the cost of housing has risen in relation to wages? I promise it's just as ridiculous. You can spin it however you'd like, but it is much harder to get ahead now than it used to be.

You would be surprised at how many adults have to take these jobs due to manufacturing and other skilled labor jobs not being available.

And when you tell someone "I'm going to pay you the absolute least the law will allow me to pay you", you don't get the extra mile. How about we tell the workers they deserve more than the absolute minimum if we are going to expect more than the minimum effort out of them? How about you tell the company you aren't going to buy your plastic figures there because the minimum service levels that they are paying for are not sufficient for your needs? You want premium service for your toy business, so they need to hire premium help and pay premium wages to get that.

And you do realize minimum wage has not been raised in almost a decade? The cost of living hasn't been frozen over that period.
I agree about not expecting much from min wage positions in general, but they should not give the excuse that they are performing poorly or rudely because they think they should be paid more. If I was forced to take a min wage job because I really couldn't find anything else, I would make sure I did the job well so I didn't get fired. Friendly service where they at least make an effort should not be considered premium.

And I live in an area where every city seems to be forcing $12+ min wage now, making prices go up for me and some businesses closing, so not really sympathetic. Min wage was not meant to support a family.

Even though Metroid is my favorite Nintendo series, I have no idea why I didn't buy Samus when amiibos first came out. I ended up getting DK, and it's been my only amiibo so far. Had to preorder that Samus/Metroid two pack.

EDIT: Wait, the Samus Smash Bros. amiibo is available from BB online. I thought it was super rare and I forever missed my chance?

Totally agree...except for everything else outside of that one statement being completely lopsided and skewed.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/gregschoofs/how-much-college-did-your-summer-job-pay-for?utm_term=.euqJAokw2#.dawzo5xY3

Hard to tell kids to "just go to college" when the price of critical pieces of the puzzle have skyrocketed. Would you like to see an article that shows how the cost of housing has risen in relation to wages? I promise it's just as ridiculous. You can spin it however you'd like, but it is much harder to get ahead now than it used to be.
I agree about costs, but there are also many generous financial aid programs, scholarships, loans, affordable community colleges etc... Wage stagnation is a whole other argument involving exporting jobs, importing lower wage workers, etc.....and I think we are really getting too far off topic now and won't solve the country's problems here, so I will also shut up about it. But cmon, buzzfeed???

I agree about not expecting much from min wage positions in general, but they should not give the excuse that they are performing poorly or rudely because they think they should be paid more. If I was forced to take a min wage job because I really couldn't find anything else, I would make sure I did the job well so I didn't get fired. Friendly service where they at least make an effort should not be considered premium.

And I live in an area where every city seems to be forcing $12+ min wage now, making prices go up for me and some businesses closing, so not really sympathetic. Min wage was not meant to support a family.
I agree on rudeness in general, and that goes for both the employee and the customer. You would be surprised at the help you can get in stores by simply being nice and treating them like people. Being a Skylander collector (and Amiibo) for years, you can get all kinds of favors like stock checks or even phone call heads ups of new shipments from employees at stores you frequent by simply treating them well and sometimes filling out those customer surveys when you get good service. Like with pay, you get what you give.

And $12 an hour is not causing businesses to close. That's a conservative myth, areas like Seattle that have done it along with lots of complaining conservatives have discovered it increases the economy. Turns out that when the poorest have more money to spend, businesses sell more. Poor people don't dump money in investments, stock buybacks and offshore funds.

bread's done
Back