amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
damn, missed it

also, I have spare copies of the breath of the wild archer, rider, guardian and link and mario odyssey mario, bowser and peach if anyone needs them for cost plus shipping

I just got my order of he guardians through amazon, seems that Mipha was the only one that got here with a big crease on the top left hand corner.

I dont think it was shipping though, they were packaged really well, and the other don’t have anything on them. Thank god I decided that I’m opening most of my amiibos.

Saw a Majora’s mask Link at Target but passed considering it looked so small compared to average Amiibo. Why would they make it that small, makes no sense to me.

Anybody been to the Nintendo store in NY recently? Which amiibo do they have in stock?
I was there on 10/23. Was surprised to find out they only have what's basically on your local store shelf minus the AC stuff (Corrin, Cloud, Bayonetta, Pikmin, etc). The only marginally rare in the wild one I saw was a few Zero Suit Sami. Unless you live in Manhattan, probably not worth the trip.

Saw a Majora’s mask Link at Target but passed considering it looked so small compared to average Amiibo. Why would they make it that small, makes no sense to me.
I thought this was a Best Buy exclusive? Sounds like that is no longer the case then if it being sold at other retailers.

Man I need to keep an eye on this thread, I’m a oob collector and I’m only missing skyward sword link for all the zelda amiibo. Hoping it restocks

Does anyone have deets on the Toon Link reprint (retailers, drop date, etc.)? Thanks in advance.
I'm wondering this as well.

Picked up my SSB Zelda at Walmart today. I believe, as far as LoZ themed amiibo are concerned I'm only missing SSB Toon Link and Sheik. I wonder if Sheik is getting a reprint?

Just picked up my 2x SSB Zelda order from Walmart and inside the box was my 2x Blue Joy-Cons order that is "processing". Kinda upset but also made out like a bandit!

I'm wondering this as well.

Picked up my SSB Zelda at Walmart today. I believe, as far as LoZ themed amiibo are concerned I'm only missing SSB Toon Link and Sheik. I wonder if Sheik is getting a reprint?
Looks like they've been spotted in the wild at TRU locations. Going to check my local later today. As for Sheik, we could probably see some Smash reprints for the inevitable Switch version...but who knows really?

Bought 4 (paid for 1) yesterday, and came back today for 4 more! TRU manager said they started this BF deal a little early.
I just bought 8 online for about 20 shipped. Thanks for pointing out the sale had no idea. Wan't planning on buying any of the animal crossing ones but for that price...sure why not.

Just a warning to anyone trying to order the Toon Link Amiibo from toys r us. We went to pick ours up today for in store pick up, and it's the incorrect one shown online. Site shows the single amiibo in the running pose. It's actually the one that came in the double pack :(
Now they're giving my gf a hard time returning it

Frys had around 10 zero suit samus in store.  Not sure if it's a reprint or frys is just hoarding them, but surprised to still see so many in the wild.

Yes, but I think it's a different toon Link. I'm confused why they would sell the Wind Waker one by itself (the 2-pack version). It's pretty small compared to the other.
Fairly positive it's the same one from the 2 pack, but no idea why they printed this by itself and not Toon Zelda. Got one today at TRU they had about 20. Only LOZ amino I've missed have been OOT Link and the 2 pack, so hopefully we'll see Toon Zelda at some point

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Very random question: Anyone know any tricks to get the base off an amiibo besides brute force? Thought it'd be fun to turn some of mine into tree ornaments.

Just a warning to anyone trying to order the Toon Link Amiibo from toys r us. We went to pick ours up today for in store pick up, and it's the incorrect one shown online. Site shows the single amiibo in the running pose. It's actually the one that came in the double pack :(
That sucks, unless they're doing a Zelda by herself as well. Actually bought the 2-pack from BB, but returned it because the packaging was slightly damaged.

Why not just leave the bases on the tree ornaments? At least they would be useful or saleable after Christmas.
The bases will still work in game (assuming I don't break em), and I have zero interest in selling them. Too much work. Plus I'm going to drill a hook into the top of the them to hang, so I doubt that will entice many buyers

Fairly positive it's the same one from the 2 pack, but no idea why they printed this by itself and not Toon Zelda. Got one today at TRU they had about 20. Only LOZ amino I've missed have been OOT Link and the 2 pack, so hopefully we'll see Toon Zelda at some point

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Likely because Toon Link has a full outfit unlock in addition to the boomerang. Toon Zelda just has the shield.

Thanks for the heads up. I almost ordered yesterday. Looks like online has now pulled the listing.

Finally got a chance to get to TRU and couldnt spot any Windwaker Toon Links, looks like I'm back to shitty import/scalper prices unless my last store has one tomorrow.

Actually looks like prices have fell atleast though.....so $23 is better than the $35-$40 I saw a few weeks ago.

Finally got a chance to get to TRU and couldnt spot any Windwaker Toon Links, looks like I'm back to shitty import/scalper prices unless my last store has one tomorrow.

Actually looks like prices have fell atleast though.....so $23 is better than the $35-$40 I saw a few weeks ago.
If you are looking for on in Indy the store on East Washington st has like 15 of them on the shelves. I was just there today.

If you are looking for on in Indy the store on East Washington st has like 15 of them on the shelves. I was just there today.
Awesome thanks! I'll swing through there tomorrow or Tuesday, not sure if I could get there tomorrow before traffic kicks in. I was gonna check the one in Greenwood as well since its only like 15-20 minutes from my campus (And I want to see what clearance games they have since Castleton was totally cleaned out).

Awesome thanks! I'll swing through there tomorrow or Tuesday, not sure if I could get there tomorrow before traffic kicks in. I was gonna check the one in Greenwood as well since its only like 15-20 minutes from my campus (And I want to see what clearance games they have since Castleton was totally cleaned out).
If you would could you post what you find at Greenwood if you happen to go? I went to a few close to Indy to look for clearance games and found nothing. Was going to try Greenwood but ran out of time.

bread's done
Back