amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
BS updates when the truck pulls on site.

The employees don't know what's coming until they scan it from the truck into the store inventory system.

Me when I'm running around walmart/target looking for mario cereal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dduvx-dEySY

Thanks for the brickseek link, there are PLENTY of boxes around me so I'll check it out tomorrow!

Brick seek said walmart had them by me. Just got back there were like 7 on the shelf. In the cereal aisle probably had space for 2 rows of 15 or so.

do u know when is the sale ends? im planning to go to store tomorrow. dont want to order from TRU and get messed up boxes.
It's a week long sale I think? Either way, it'll go through tomorrow for sure. You can always order online and do in-store pickup to avoid the possible TRU online shipping weirdness.

I saw Mario on a box of Grape Nuts in the store today. Does that count? :lol:
I've been randomly looking for the cereal when at stores and always get faked out by those other cereals with that "win a switch" promotion. And the boxes always seem to be turned around and looked through like other people are scouting for them too.

Don't know if this was posted earlier in the thread and I just didn't see it, but TRU is having a B1G1 free sale on "select" Amiibo; really that seems to mean anything besides the 3 packs and the Guardian. It definitely *does* include the other BotW and presumably the Odyssey singles. Their site has all the Champions except Revali for some reason, just put in an order for them and archer Link myself.

Sadly their online stock doesn't reflect clearance prices but they do have Ness, Lucas, Palutena, and Jigglypuff up on there for anyone needing them.
Sweet, I went early this morning and picked up the two Champions amiibo I didn't have. They're open 24 hours until Xmas eve (which is insane), and according to the signage they had up all single amiibo are on sale.

They also had two bins filled with Skylanders single and multipacks, all on clearance for fifty freakin' cents each. Crazy how in the span of a year Skylanders, Infinity, and Lego burned out, yet amiibo are still marching on. I guess Nintendo was onto something by playing conservatively and not saturating the market after all...

Scored at our local WM last night. Went in for xmas shopping and decided to stroll down the cereal aisle. There was a WM employee there and an older fellow that was trying to see a box on the top rack. I'm taller and could read it and told him what it was, to which he was happy as it was the flavor he wanted. He started to ask if I could...and I reached up and got the box down for him. He thanked me a few times as did the WM employee. We looked for the Mario cereal for a minute and did not see it so I asked the worker if they had seen it yet. She looked around like rebel spies might be listening in and then said they had not even put a place for it on the shelves as they sell it as fast as they get it. She then asked if I wanted any, and I was like sure! She said she would go check the back for me and how many boxes I'd like...I thought for a second and requested two. Couple minutes later she came back with two boxes :) Guess it paid to be the nice tall guy that saved a worker from finding a ladder.

Well, Brickseek finally shows one store in town got them, but it's across town. So no way I'm driving that distance for some damn cereal. LOL

I never checked Ebay until today, as I saw it posted here that $30 was the going rate. Well, I guess more must be arriving, as $10-$20 seems the going rate. And that will probably drop further as more clowns try to make a few bucks.

These guys really have no clue how to game the system, as you neither need to be first to list, are hold on to stuff long term to make a buck. Selling now is a fools errand, as everyone else is dong the same. Oh well, hopefully that means if my local store ever gets any, they won't be bought up by the flipping crowd.

The fine print for the amiibo b1g1 is that only amiibo up to $15.9x are included in the sale. Sucks cause I really wanted to pick up the wolf link and a guardian. Did, however, get two green wooly Yoshis and two Chroms although I'm on the look out for Mario Odyssey ones.

North Jersey / Westchester TRUs are pretty slim pickings now though. Just the truck loads of animal crossing ones, BotW, and random commons with a hint of gems like the wooly Yoshis.

According to BS closest WM had 4 boxes. I picked up the last box. The manager whispered that people are selling the cereal for $40. We are going to eat the cereal and keep the box.

According to BS closest WM had 4 boxes. I picked up the last box. The manager whispered that people are selling the cereal for $40. We are going to eat the cereal and keep the box.
I'm confused, everything I read indicates it just operates as a generic Amiibo in Odyssey, nothing more. I could maybe see someone getting one as collector thing, or maybe to sell on Ebay (damn scalpers, but in this case people are just being dumb buying it). What am I missing, does it do something special other than that?

I'm confused, everything I read indicates it just operates as a generic Amiibo in Odyssey, nothing more. I could maybe see someone getting one as collector thing, or maybe to sell on Ebay (damn scalpers, but in this case people are just being dumb buying it). What am I missing, does it do something special other than that?
Well, that's more than I knew, as I didn't look much in to it. My sons 11, so he wanted the box for the cereal, as well as the Amiibo functionality. So I'll still buy him a box if I ever find one, but no rush either way I guess, especially if the scan does nothing special. That actually makes sense, as why would "N" offer something for a few dollars, that they could get $10-$15 for normally? LOL

I just spoke with a manager at one of my local Walmart. He said the district manager put out a memo to not stock/sale the Mario cereal until their display reset next week.

He has 10 cases in the back but wouldn't budge on selling me a box until next week when it's on the shelf.

I just spoke with a manager at one of my local Walmart. He said the district manager put out a memo to not stock/sale the Mario cereal until their display reset next week.

He has 10 cases in the back but wouldn't budge on selling me a box until next week when it's on the shelf.
What day is the display reset? This might be why all of the Walmarts near me have 10+ boxes of 10 in the back but refuse to even check when I ask them

What day is the display reset? This might be why all of the Walmarts near me have 10+ boxes of 10 in the back but refuse to even check when I ask them
I didn't ask which day. All he specified was "next week". I'll be stopping back by on my way home from work Monday anyway so I'll check again then.

Well, that's more than I knew, as I didn't look much in to it. My sons 11, so he wanted the box for the cereal, as well as the Amiibo functionality. So I'll still buy him a box if I ever find one, but no rush either way I guess, especially if the scan does nothing special. That actually makes sense, as why would "N" offer something for a few dollars, that they could get $10-$15 for normally? LOL
From what I understand, it is basically bagged cereal quality generic Lucky Charms. But him a box of Lucky Charms and one of the dirt cheap Animal Crossing Amiibos for the exact same effect and better cereal with none of the hunting.

I was just wondering if there was something more than "collectible" or a special Amiibo effect, but I haven't seen anything to say otherwise. I'm sure it will be much easier to find in the near future anyways.

Yeah, it shows four stores in town have it, as more have been added all day. I plan to stop by a store Tuesday morning to try and grab a few discounted Xmas items, and I'll check then and see what's up.

Yeah, from some of the video's I saw, I could tell it was some crap cereal, but since Mario is on the box, that's what my son is interested in. He's not big on cereal anyways. He'll eat this because of Mario, and probably wouldn't for some other brand. He's a mental gamer in the works, and will probably one day be on these forums stating as much. LOL

From what I understand, it is basically bagged cereal quality generic Lucky Charms. But him a box of Lucky Charms and one of the dirt cheap Animal Crossing Amiibos for the exact same effect and better cereal with none of the hunting.

I was just wondering if there was something more than "collectible" or a special Amiibo effect, but I haven't seen anything to say otherwise. I'm sure it will be much easier to find in the near future anyways.
You're missing that badass maze on the back of the box. 100% worth the difficulty finding the box so you can find your way through that maze too.

They never released the Zelda wind waker single figure or champions 4 pack in the US did they? Toys r us shipped my link in a bubble mailer so it arrived totally destroyed.

This stuff isn't even worth the retail $3 they're asking for it. I had my mind set this would be mediocre at worst, being a Kellogg's product.
Yeah, I guess depending on when the idea was brought to the table, it may have something to do with it being rather poor quality wise. If it was a rush job for a holiday release, you get not much thought or taste testing done. Or based on the audience, they knew they could sell shit on a stick and it would be in demand because Mario/Amiibo are plastered on the box. LOL

On a side note, almost every Walmart in my town are showing stock, so I may be able to grab a box tomorrow.

Man... all I had to do was walk in, ask an employee, they pulled 2 boxes out of the back for me. *shrugs*

And no, it's not an employee I know or a friend or anything, I don't know anyone who works at our Walmart. Haven't opened it to try it yet, was finishing off the other cereals we had first, so Mario is up for breakfast tomorrow... then to carefully extract the amiibo.

Are these still in demand?
Probably like all things "N", it depends on where you live, and how well local stores get restocks.

My town showed boat loads a few days back, but my local Walmart didn't have any out, and I didn't care enough to ask anyone. But based on what I saw last week in regards to Ebay prices, demand is shrinking rather quickly. I still plan to grab a box for my son if and when I ever see any, but there is no rush.

Got a few boxes of the cereal. Asked a walmart store associate and he got some from the back.

Are these still in demand?
884a37094e2fb3c2ab51859d443aed8c.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
The cereal expires late 2018, so it wouldn't hurt to buy a few extras just in case.
If not, you can always "eat" your losses!
(slow clap)

Got a few boxes of the cereal. Asked a walmart store associate and he got some from the back.

The cereal expires late 2018, so it wouldn't hurt to buy a few extras just in case.
If not, you can always "eat" your losses!
(slow clap)
Feh... Expiration dates are just suggestions, man.

We picked up a box on Tuesday and have almost finished eating it. Tastes like a very cheap knockoff of Lucky Charms. Will keep the box for giggles but I am not planning on buying any more.

So I ordered about 12 Amiibos from Toys R Us this week when they had the B1G1 Free sale. About half of them were shipped and delivered, while the other half are still "awaiting fulfillment." But I just got an e-mail about my order being cancelled in error, and needing to call if I still want my items.

Has this happened to anyone else? I just checked my order and nothing says it's been cancelled, but since it's telling me to place a replacement order, I'm not sure if I'm going to lose the discount (since I basically got 12 amiibos for less than $100.

So I ordered about 12 Amiibos from Toys R Us this week when they had the B1G1 Free sale. About half of them were shipped and delivered, while the other half are still "awaiting fulfillment." But I just got an e-mail about my order being cancelled in error, and needing to call if I still want my items.

Has this happened to anyone else? I just checked my order and nothing says it's been cancelled, but since it's telling me to place a replacement order, I'm not sure if I'm going to lose the discount (since I basically got 12 amiibos for less than $100.
I didn't get 100% fulfillment but when looking at the shipping emails it says the cost is $7-8 each, so I think they averaged the cost. Check your shipping receipts and your credit card.

Somewhat related, they canceled my five copies of Puyo Puyo Tetris. I bought with a gift card so they issued me a new card via email the next day.

I didn't get 100% fulfillment but when looking at the shipping emails it says the cost is $7-8 each, so I think they averaged the cost. Check your shipping receipts and your credit card.

Somewhat related, they canceled my five copies of Puyo Puyo Tetris. I bought with a gift card so they issued me a new card via email the next day.
It's weird because right after I posted this, I got another e-mail saying one of my amiibos was just shipped. I'm going to have to give them a call or something in the morning. At $7-8 per amiibo, I'd really hate to lose that kind of discount. But luckily I already received the Zelda Champion ones. The rest were just older ones that I couldn't pass on for that price.

It's weird because right after I posted this, I got another e-mail saying one of my amiibos was just shipped. I'm going to have to give them a call or something in the morning. At $7-8 per amiibo, I'd really hate to lose that kind of discount. But luckily I already received the Zelda Champion ones. The rest were just older ones that I couldn't pass on for that price.
I've gotten 3 of the 4 I ordered but 2 of them arrived before I even got a shipping notice. The last I have a notice for but it hasn't actually moved very much. TRU's site is pretty strange (and bad at times) about how they ship things; the Archer Link I ordered came in what looked like a box someone had stepped on. The box itself had been reused, which only adds to the mystery of why these are coming to me in 3 different shipments. My other two came in an oversized cardboard envelope that was surprisingly pristine despite its more fragile construction.

Really though, TRU's site is a mess. I get in-stock alerts for items they've never actually put up, they'll sell items with in-store pickup that the store you select won't actually have, and they have a bad tendency to let listings for sold-out exclusives linger for ages before removing them then not relist them on the site when they get replenished months later. It's baffling, even down to simple things like not having Revali despite the other champions being readily available in that sale.

I've gotten 3 of the 4 I ordered but 2 of them arrived before I even got a shipping notice. The last I have a notice for but it hasn't actually moved very much. TRU's site is pretty strange (and bad at times) about how they ship things; the Archer Link I ordered came in what looked like a box someone had stepped on. The box itself had been reused, which only adds to the mystery of why these are coming to me in 3 different shipments. My other two came in an oversized cardboard envelope that was surprisingly pristine despite its more fragile construction.

Really though, TRU's site is a mess. I get in-stock alerts for items they've never actually put up, they'll sell items with in-store pickup that the store you select won't actually have, and they have a bad tendency to let listings for sold-out exclusives linger for ages before removing them then not relist them on the site when they get replenished months later. It's baffling, even down to simple things like not having Revali despite the other champions being readily available in that sale.
Yeah it's crazy. I finally got the cancellation e-mail last night, and then a shipment confirmation on a couple more. So right now, I've received 5, I have 2 on the way, and 5 were cancelled. I was about to call them this morning, but I realized I already got a 50% discount on the ones I've received, and the ones I'm missing, I don't really want as badly, so I'm okay with not getting them. Not to mention, I don't want to have to deal with the Fed Ex nightmare next week since I'll be at work when they come to deliver it.

But overall, it's kinda shitty for them to cancel "by error" like that and then not even try to fix it on their end.

Yeah it's crazy. I finally got the cancellation e-mail last night, and then a shipment confirmation on a couple more. So right now, I've received 5, I have 2 on the way, and 5 were cancelled. I was about to call them this morning, but I realized I already got a 50% discount on the ones I've received, and the ones I'm missing, I don't really want as badly, so I'm okay with not getting them. Not to mention, I don't want to have to deal with the Fed Ex nightmare next week since I'll be at work when they come to deliver it.

But overall, it's kinda shitty for them to cancel "by error" like that and then not even try to fix it on their end.
I got the cancellation email from ToysRUs also, but it told me to call customer service to re-order and I was able to do so without any hassle. Customer service honored the B1G1 prices for the amiibos.

Anyone know where one can still find a wedding peach at MSRP? That's the only one I need from that series, and I should definitely have grabbed it ages ago.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S using Tapatalk

Anyone know where one can still find a wedding peach at MSRP? That's the only one I need from that series, and I should definitely have grabbed it ages ago.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S using Tapatalk
Walmart, just bought one on Christmas Eve.

bread's done
Back