amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished collecting the Smash series. So glad I'm done. Got all the amiibo from the series I care for now (Smash, Zelda, Mario, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Metroid, Pikmin, plus Gold and silver versions of Mario and gold Mega Man). Don't care for the Animal Crossing ones nor chibi robo or any of the Japan exclusives. Haven't ever played Shovel Knight so I'm tempted to try it and then get those amiibo.

Just finished collecting the Smash series. So glad I'm done. Got all the amiibo from the series I care for now (Smash, Zelda, Mario, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Metroid, Pikmin, plus Gold and silver versions of Mario and gold Mega Man). Don't care for the Animal Crossing ones nor chibi robo or any of the Japan exclusives. Haven't ever played Shovel Knight so I'm tempted to try it and then get those amiibo.
shovel knight is the only amiibo that u can scan without taking out of the box.

Has anyone seen a report if Nintendo will re-release more Smash amiibo? I'm hoping maybe Bayonetta will see a release of the 2 smash ones when the game releases.

I accidentally listed my Bayonetta P2 on eBay (because the trade thread for amiibo is dead), thinking I had an extra one of those when it was actually Cloud P2 I had the extra of. Ugh!

Has anyone seen a report if Nintendo will re-release more Smash amiibo? I'm hoping maybe Bayonetta will see a release of the 2 smash ones when the game releases.

I accidentally listed my Bayonetta P2 on eBay (because the trade thread for amiibo is dead), thinking I had an extra one of those when it was actually Cloud P2 I had the extra of. Ugh!
Just cancel the ebay listing?

is there a good site to view amiibo rarity now?

I have so many of these that I need to get rid of now - started collecting at the beginning then quit.

Just cancel the ebay listing?
Well, I didn't realize I listed the wrong one until the auction was over and I was digging it out to box it up. Plus I wouldn't screw over someone's Christmas. I only got $20 for my Bayonetta P2, so I guess I can re-buy if I have to (although mine did sell at the low end, even though it was boxed... and I'd happily take an open one anyway).

Just so happened to find the Super Mario Cereal at my local Meijer. No Walmart’s around me had any and I wasn’t even looking just so happen to see it on the end cap. They were actually on sale too.

If you have been waiting for a deal on Dr. Mario, it is new for $3.37 with free shipping on eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/263093345026

The Lego Dimensions item I ordered from them last week shipped in a box so hopefully they ship these Amiibo orders in a box as well.
Cool! Thank you :D I wasn't waiting for a sale, but not going to pass it up at that price!

Hope it doesn't get cancelled. Looks like a reputable seller, but wouldn't it cost more than that just to mail it?

Yes it would cost around what the item sold for just for postage and shipping materials and the $1.79 Lego Dinension sets were even more of a loss for them. I posted last week that those prices seemed too low but they I trust them after I got the other item from them so quickly.

Anyone order the the Samus and Metroid 2 Pack from Gamestop this week? My order has been processing since the 2nd. First experience ordering with Gamestop.

Anyone order the the Samus and Metroid 2 Pack from Gamestop this week? My order has been processing since the 2nd. First experience ordering with Gamestop.
Everything with them has been slow this week. I placed three orders (one on the 29th, one on the 30th, one on the 2nd) and the only one that has moved (or actually shipped) at all has been the one from the 30th. As long as it hasn’t been cancelled yet you should be okay.

Yes it would cost around what the item sold for just for postage and shipping materials and the $1.79 Lego Dinension sets were even more of a loss for them. I posted last week that those prices seemed too low but they I trust them after I got the other item from them so quickly.
Yep, arrived in a box. Even shipped with tracking.

The cardboard backing was slightly creased on the corner, but that is absolutely fine :D

I'm going to have to remember to keep an eye on ebay for future sales from their company, Gamer Candy.

Finally got that Super Mario Cereal at Pavilions in LA county. $4.50... feel like I've been scalped by the grocery store

Finally got that Super Mario Cereal at Pavilions in LA county. $4.50... feel like I've been scalped by the grocery store
Well it definitely depends on where you buy your cereal. When I buy Fiber One for my wife at the grocery store, it is $4.99 a box, but at Target or Walmart it is closer to $3.

Well it definitely depends on where you buy your cereal. When I buy Fiber One for my wife at the grocery store, it is $4.99 a box, but at Target or Walmart it is closer to $3.
Yeah definitely. I spent a few days scouring Walmart and Target at "release" and gave up.

I just got back from Gamestop and I saw three Metroid amiibo 2 packs on the rack. I asked the rep about them and he said they just got a shipment in today. Might be worth giving your local one a call if you missed out on these two!

I just got back from Gamestop and I saw three Metroid amiibo 2 packs on the rack. I asked the rep about them and he said they just got a shipment in today. Might be worth giving your local one a call if you missed out on these two!
I have to check in with my local store, I was there the other day and they pretty much told me they no longer carry Amiibos. Which sucks cause I was on the hunt for Princess Peach amiibo.

It was up at Walmart.com for about an hour yesterday. I missed it, but that's the only US retailer that has listed it so far.
Preorder was never legit, there was a shipping/pickup bug because it wasn't ready to go live yet. It's good to go now. Just got the order confirmation e-mail.

Thanks for the heads up. Checked stock on the website and sure enough a bunch of stores near me now have stock of this.

Detective Pikachu is still up at Walmart. Anyone know if it’s exclusive to Walmart? The last big Amiibo they made was an exclusive (Mega Yarn Yoshi at Toys R Us). Went ahead and preordered it at Walmart but I’d much rather get it at Best Buy for the gamers club discount and rewards points.

Does anyone know where could I get the Luigi Amiibo for retail price? I'm playing Mario and the Rabbids and I was looking them. I know I can use the Marios from the 20th anniversary, and a fellow CAG posted Peach above, where I also could find Yoshi.. now, I couldn't find Luigi there, nor in any of the "mainstream" websites.. am I SOL that I gotta buy an overpriced one or is there still hope?

Does anyone know where could I get the Luigi Amiibo for retail price? I'm playing Mario and the Rabbids and I was looking them. I know I can use the Marios from the 20th anniversary, and a fellow CAG posted Peach above, where I also could find Yoshi.. now, I couldn't find Luigi there, nor in any of the "mainstream" websites.. am I SOL that I gotta buy an overpriced one or is there still hope?
Smash? I bought one off ebay for like $11 aboit a month ago. Just gotta check everyday.

Detective Pikachu is still up at Walmart. Anyone know if it’s exclusive to Walmart? The last big Amiibo they made was an exclusive (Mega Yarn Yoshi at Toys R Us). Went ahead and preordered it at Walmart but I’d much rather get it at Best Buy for the gamers club discount and rewards points.
Not sure about exclusivity, but I checked and was able to order one after seeing your post. I assumed after earlier in the day I wouldn't have a shot at it. Thanks!

bread's done
Back