amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering why they still havent remade the damn Anniversary Zelda amiibo. Still need OOT Link and WW Zelda. Also I need to get that Summer Isabelle amiibo before the price jacks up.

Other than that I just need the new KIrby series and the Monster Hunter series and I have everything

And I'm wondering why Nintendo isn't announcing Bobokin reprints for games already out.
They would have to do such a small run for a tiny group of people. Those things were available for dirt cheap for such a long time, it doesn't make sense to reprint.

Basically. Its nintendos way of telling you, if you didnt buy it then, theres no way stores want them now. So now pony up the cash for it from someone else.

And anything with the "anniversary" tag is iffy when it comes to reprints as well. It's not necessarily the case everytime, but you generally have one shot at stuff with that label.

They would have to do such a small run for a tiny group of people. Those things were available for dirt cheap for such a long time, it doesn't make sense to reprint.
Did they languish for a while? Reprints make sense after renewed interest after all the GotY awards

Is anyone having trouble actually getting a confirmation from Bestbuy.com of their Pearl & Marina order?  I haven't received one and it's not showing up in my order history even though they have done an initial credit card authorization.

Is anyone having trouble actually getting a confirmation from Bestbuy.com of their Pearl & Marina order? I haven't received one and it's not showing up in my order history even though they have done an initial credit card authorization.
Same here. Reddit users reporting the same thing. I think a couple times in the past I've placed orders on Best Buy that didn't show up in order history or e-mail confirmation until they finally did hours later.

For anyone still looking, I was in Best Buy a couple of days ago, and they had some of the Metroid / Samus 2 packs.

I was finally able to get one in decent shape. My pre-order from Best Buy had a bent corner and 2 separate orders from Amazon came damaged (one of them actually folded in half to fit a too small shipping box!!)

Not sure who this deal is for, but looks like you can get 20% off all of the Zelda BotW amiibo with purchase of the game at Best Buy (including Champions).

It appears there is also a deal at Best Buy where you can get 20% off all of the Zelda BotW amiibo with purchase of "gamers club unlocked".

When I was at Target today I noticed every single amiibo was now on clearance.  The selection was crappy - but every one that they had was on clearance.

I notice around me. Target only has Animal Crossing ones. Walmart none at all. Bestbuy bearly any. Game Stop non at all. And its been like this for a while now.

I'm planning to sell my collection soon (pretty much new; never opened or used). Are the older amiibo's still in high demand (including the rarer ones)? How do go able selling my collection? 

Plans of moving out of my parent's have delayed and just want to get rid of them as soon as possible. 

I'm planning to sell my collection soon (pretty much new; never opened or used). Are the older amiibo's still in high demand (including the rarer ones)? How do go able selling my collection?
There's this site called eBay. I forget the url, but you can probably find it through google.

If you want to sell here, post in CAG trading: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/20-trading/

I went to 2 closing ones near me. And nothing not one amiibo at all lol. Even went on the first day of the closing and a couple more times

Solaire is the newest, bestest amiibo ever.  Praise the sun!!  everyone loves sun bro. 

Well I went to the store and the guy took a pre order under splatoon amiibo and is supposed to change it over. If not I went ahead and ordered it online.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

I knew it’d sell out before I got home. Sigh. I HATE GS exclusives.. Full price and I have to pay their bullsh*t shipping rates that are as bad as play-Asia.

I called a store on my way home and they said it was locked for preorder. Going to call first thing in the morning and hope they are able to do in store like they have done sometimes in the past. If I miss it I’m sure I’ll get it eventually. I’m still missing a few odds and ends and I guess this’ll just have to go on the list worst case scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew it’d sell out before I got home. Sigh. I HATE GS exclusives.. Full price and I have to pay their bullsh*t shipping rates that are as bad as play-Asia.

I called a store on my way home and they said it was locked for preorder. Going to call first thing in the morning and hope they are able to do in store like they have done sometimes in the past. If I miss it I’m sure I’ll get it eventually. I’m still missing a few odds and ends and I guess this’ll just have to go on the list worst case scenario.

Don't feel too bad just because you didn't get a GS preorder in. Sometimes they bone people who did get a preorder in, like multiple times when they didn't notify me that my preorder was ready for pickup, or when they canceled my SoM preorder for no apparent reason.

Ended up getting an order in. $23 for an Amiibo that does almost nothing at all might be the single grossest overprice yet. They better add it to Mario Maker or something by launch. It already has a premium price AND we have to pay GS shipping. I hate myself for buying it.

You can still pre-order fyi.  I just put an order in as a backup in case I can't pre-order in-store when they open.  Added a Marvel Legend pre-order for free shipping since I have Elite and I'll just return it in-store when it arrives.

I was just able to lock in a pre-order as well.. phew 

Try this link

I didn't know it was a  fuck  gamestop exclusive otherwise I would have done it last night.

Is there a legitimate reason why they keep making new amiibos but in very limited quantities?

Why bother taking the time to incorporate amiibo stuff into your game if only a limited amount of people will get to experience it.

I really am baffled 

*I'm new to amiibo and would like to expand my collection but they don't make it easy

I got my order in last night for the Dark Souls Amiibo thankfully.  I did stop by the store today to see if I could so I can avoid shipping but according to them, they are only going to do orders online since stock is limited.  Of course take that with a grain of salt.  

bread's done
Back