amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
any update on the shovel knight series amiibo?
Likely to be released alongside the King of Cards update. Which has no ETA as of yet. It's been shown several times, but no commitments to when. I'm wondering if they are trying to swing some kind of timed exclusive deal like they did with the Switch getting Specter of Torment a month early last time.

I stupidly never bought any amiibos when they were on clearance, and now the prices are high even for loose ones. I have a Wii U (with all the games) and an O3DS, but no Switch. Is there anything I'm really missing out on without them?

I stupidly never bought any amiibos when they were on clearance, and now the prices are high even for loose ones. I have a Wii U (with all the games) and an O3DS, but no Switch. Is there anything I'm really missing out on without them?

In general, no. Maybe the best is Wolf Link in Twilight Princess HD for an alternate Cave of Ordeals. Most are cosmetic unlocks.

I would add Captain Toad’s use but that may not be enough for everyone.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

At this point, I would be happy to see official NIntendo amiibo cards of older Smash figures. I don't think I'm ever going to find a reasonably priced Player 2 Bayonetta or a Player 2 Corrin.

I just noticed there are third party NFC cards that mimic actual amiibo. I might have to go down that path, if no reprints are ever going to happen for those rarer amiibo I don't have yet.

Was there ever a Daisy Smash amiibo released?  I know they announced her as an echo fighter, but I never saw any kind of amiibo announced for her....unless I completely missed it.

Finally got into Breath of the Wild (Wii U).  2 questions:

-Any places to get the BOTW Amiibos in stock at normal prices?  Or did I miss the boat on these?

-What's the deal with the NFC cards?  Are these worth it for BOTW?  Any risk of corrupting your save?

Thanks yall

Finally got into Breath of the Wild (Wii U). 2 questions:

-Any places to get the BOTW Amiibos in stock at normal prices? Or did I miss the boat on these?

-What's the deal with the NFC cards? Are these worth it for BOTW? Any risk of corrupting your save?

Thanks yall
I like how you said 2 questions and then you asked 5.

No, Yes, they are just bootleg cards people make that act like amiibos, some of them drop rare items so up to you, no.

Oh, so I can just bootleg amiibos? I bought some, but finding them all is just going to be a pain in the ass. Totally into making knock-offs if it doesn't require too much work.

Oh, so I can just bootleg amiibos? I bought some, but finding them all is just going to be a pain in the ass. Totally into making knock-offs if it doesn't require too much work.
https://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/amiibo-action-replay-powersaves/127307

https://www.amazon.com/PowerSaves-POWERTAGS-Characters-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B06XVL11SF/

Make sure you get the one with the "powertag". You need it to create your own Amiibo

It's the round disk thing that'll be pictured on the bottom-left corner of the box.

The ultimate CAGs will use bootleg amiibos. I love the fact that we have that option.

I mean, c'mon, Epona and limited shit being locked behind action figures? You ain't paying $60 for your game... better pay around $80 = Nintendo is f'ing smart. If Sony or MS did that shit, you know people would give them crap.

The ultimate CAGs will use bootleg amiibos. I love the fact that we have that option.

I mean, c'mon, Epona and limited shit being locked behind action figures? You ain't paying $60 for your game... better pay around $80 = Nintendo is f'ing smart. If Sony or MS did that shit, you know people would give them crap.
I don't think we should be talking about piracy here. Systems like the N2 Elite are cool in theory but only for things you own.

If you're here you shouldn't be paying the full $60 for the game in the first place.

Oh you mean I can finally get the amiibo I preordered? Delaying the toy because the game was makes no sense IMO.
Eh, there's a cross promotional opportunity. They also avoid the confusion of "so wait when is the game out again?" and possibly a missed sale.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Eh, there's a cross promotional opportunity. They also avoid the confusion of "so wait when is the game out again?" and possibly a missed sale.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I mean, the figure has been sold out for months. What exactly are they promoting other than wasting people's time?

They also don't want to be sold out of the amiibo months before the game releases.
It already has been lol. ;)

I'm on the lookout for either of the Inklings from Splatoon 2 or Callie and Marie.
Are those the Neon Green Boy/Pink Girl Inklings? If so, I have a NIB Neon Pink Girl available, but it's EU region. Not sure if you have a preference on region, if you're interested feel free to shoot me a PM.

bread's done
Back