amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw some of the Megaman amiibo being scalped online today and got a good laugh out of it. So glad I'm over having to own these and deal with these assholes. I'm basically at the point with amiibo that if I can't walk in to a store and see it on a shelf I just forget it exists. I'll probably pre-order a Simon Belmont just to make sure I get one but I could care less about having all of them at this point. 

Well eventually I'll get my Megaman Amiibo.  It shipped out but they are saying October 5th as of now.  I didn't realize they ever took in store pre-orders or I would have just done that and saved the money on the shipping.

I used those $5 off $5 ebay coupons to get all the Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival figures for around $1 each.

Amiibo Festival is shit. Thought it would be more involved than playing one shitty map on different months. I played with Resetti, then played as Mabel on the next month. Nothing was different except a few events and the little flavor scenes they have. So incredibly boring. Playing through them unlocked the minigames, but I'm not spending more on some useless ass amiibo trading cards. At least the figures are nice for display purposes, but I went down that road with the e-reader cards when I was a kid and those things would've been put to better use as port-a-potty toilet paper.

No wonder that girl was giving Amiibo Festival related products away for free with a wink, thot to her meant "take home our trash." If I had to choose between a paycheck and the constant reminder that they ruined the AC franchise so profoundly, I'd be at the soup kitchen getting herpes from the community spoon.

the constant reminder that they ruined the AC franchise so profoundly
The best thing to happen to AC the last few years was Isabelle's announcement for Smash Ultimate, other than that, yeah. Hopefully any new Animal Crossing game made for Switch will be redemption from that Wii U title.

A store order or an online order? If it was a store order they most likely sold it to someone else.
It was an online order. It had gone OOS and came back in stock shortly after, so I thought I might be snagging someone else's cancelation. To cancel it only now is pretty weak, though.

I would definitely recommend that folks pre-order things in-store at Gamestop to avoid overt malarkey and unreasonable shipping costs. I tossed an online order for the MM11 amiibo bundle as soon as it went up to be safe, but I cancelled that bastard later that evening once I locked it in with a store order instead haha.

I would definitely recommend that folks pre-order things in-store at Gamestop to avoid overt malarkey and unreasonable shipping costs. I tossed an online order for the MM11 amiibo bundle as soon as it went up to be safe, but I cancelled that bastard later that evening once I locked it in with a store order instead haha.
I agree that normally I do in store preorder vs online mainly so that I can see the item's condition before I buy it but preordering it in store doesn't always secure you the item either. Had a couple items preordered in store that they ended up selling to someone else and was SOL when I came to pick it up (and yes it was within the 48 hour time period)

Also looks like I had same day the Mega Man 11 game itself and not the Amiibo edition so that is why it wasn't here on release day. Oh well at least I got to play the game day of which I was stoked about.

For those who already have this bundle. Is it worth the price?
I was wondering about that, like is it a super size Amiibo like Mega Yarn Yoshi or Detective Pikachu. Because paying $30 more for the Amiibo, some stickers, a patch and a cloth seems way over priced. Yeah, many "Collector's Editions" have overpriced statues, but if this is just a regular sized Amiibo the price on those is pretty much established by now.

I was wondering about that, like is it a super size Amiibo like Mega Yarn Yoshi or Detective Pikachu. Because paying $30 more for the Amiibo, some stickers, a patch and a cloth seems way over priced. Yeah, many "Collector's Editions" have overpriced statues, but if this is just a regular sized Amiibo the price on those is pretty much established by now.
I haven't got mine yet (which pisses me off as its says it was shipped on release day and nothing new since) but I would compare this release to the Mega Man Legacy Collection for the 3DS. In which both came with the game, a collectors edition exclusive (for now at least) Amiibo (which is standard size from the looks of it), and some trinkets in a CE box plus its already hard to find. In all honesty I think the $50 price tag it had to begin with was probably were it should have stayed but even though its still $10 more I still feel like its worth it (especially compared to other CEs) but I'm a Mega Man fan so I might be a bit biased.

Random off-topic question.  Anyone know if that amiibo sale thread is still active?  I'm helping my buddy sell off his entire collection of new amiibos, all in box, with protectors, and it is the ENTIRE set.  But I can't for the life of me find the old thread.  Maybe my search isn't right.

I got my mega man amiibo from amazon Japan 7 days after the us release. It ended up costing $20 shipped after the exchange rate. Not bad compared to gamestop's RIP off $60. Also they shipped it better than Amazon US. It arrived mint and was packaged so it wouldn't bend. Very good job and I think it's still available.

I think they went cheap with the packaging. The cardboard display case is so flimsy that just being shrinkwrapped is causing the box to buckle in on itself. Not impressed.

What were once  ~$11 purchases at Best Buy has now become a $22.56 purchase at Gamestop.com.   Gamestop really missed the mark on this one. 

my mamma don't let me pay shipping for amiibos.

So they aren’t carrying this at all in store just online only?
Solaire is online only. He'll only make it to stores if they don't sell.

I asked around at a few different stores and they never took pre-orders and never received any stock.

Saw Mario smash and pikachu smash amiibo today at target. Looked to be reprints with japanese writing under their names on the front packaging..

I seen a smash link at gamestop the other day. Same it had japanese writing under the name.

The amiibos were not like that before were they?

Forgot when I ordered in-store I had to have it shipped but it arrived very well packaged and he's glorious. Since IDC about these things normally, it was worth the splurge for $22. PRAISE THE SUN.

I suspect that’s not an Amiibo for two reasons: first it’s cheaper than any other Amiibo ever (short of sale prices) and second the description says ‘multiple points of articulation’ which no Amiibo to date has had. My guess is it’s a Mario figure they tagged as an Amiibo incorrectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And now we have a slew of fresh amiibos on the immediate horizon. It's going to get a little interesting with the impending launch of Smash Bros Ultimate.

Got my GCU preorders in for the three new amiibo.  My wife is hating every time they announce more fighters for Smash!  :lol:

Don't pay the amazon price though. They're just from a blind box series, get them on ebay.

EDIT: Actually the rainbow treasure goblin is cheaper on Amazon. $5

I already wasn't a fan of GameStop's exclusive amiibo deals. But this treasure goblin is really pushing it. Taking an existing sculpt and slapping an amiibo pad on the bottom is extremely lazy. It's not even going to have the standard amiibo packaging. Feels much more like the Skylanders amiibo cross-over than a proper amiibo release.

That said, my obsessive ass has already put in a pre-order.

I already wasn't a fan of GameStop's exclusive amiibo deals. But this treasure goblin is really pushing it. Taking an existing sculpt and slapping an amiibo pad on the bottom is extremely lazy. It's not even going to have the standard amiibo packaging. Feels much more like the Skylanders amiibo cross-over than a proper amiibo release.

Same, hate paying the shipping too. Damn Amiibo habit and I don't even have all the series, just most of them :(. At least I still have GCU for the Best Buy ones.

There's an easy solution here: don't buy it.

Was hoping that toy coupon Best Buy sent out with their catalog would work with amiibo, but unfortunately I guess they're designated as video game hardware, no go.

bread's done
Back