amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I only wanted Ridley and Wolf out of all the new stuff (for now anyways). But I did notice at Target that they had some older Smash Amiibo back in stock -
Rosalina, Mario and Bowser. Got all but Bowser (because I got one used when GameStop was clearancing them...was $2 or $3!).

My local Best Buy has a decent number of Pac Man; haven't check the GameStops or Walmarts to see what the story is, but I like that we're seeing them come back out.

As an aside, I went to Target at open yesterday only because their weekly ad featured the special edition of Smash -that meant they'd have it out for sale, not tied up in pre-orders. Sure enough, there were 2 copies out (and maybe more in the back; a clerk was checking for another customer as I left; guess the scanner showed 3-4 on hand, maybe?). But the other two guys that were waiting were there primarily for the new Amiibo. It really is a gold mine for Nintendo...

Also, for people in the U.S., you can trust HLJ. I've been using them for years for Masterpiece Transformers. If it's a pre-order, you are not charged until release, and I always use the FedEx shipping option, which has never failed to deliver to my door within 4-5 days after being shipped (I live on the east coast).

Anyways, they have a ton of the older Smash Amiibo in stock, and for good prices!

I dont buy a lot of Amiibo' but I really want Wolf...should I buy it on eBay or wait for a re stock? Do they usually restock?

Do they sign the label? I gave up on store pickup since I can't stand the employee's engraving their initials into everything.
I hate when they do that too, but the last time I did a store pickup the CSR rep didn't even autograph the sticker, which has me thinking maybe its optional.

Also, for people in the U.S., you can trust HLJ. I've been using them for years for Masterpiece Transformers. If it's a pre-order, you are not charged until release, and I always use the FedEx shipping option, which has never failed to deliver to my door within 4-5 days after being shipped (I live on the east coast).

Anyways, they have a ton of the older Smash Amiibo in stock, and for good prices!
I second that, HLJ is great, ordered from them a few times.

So can you help me out? I secured a pre order from them for the remaining 5 Smash amiibo. What is private warehouse? Why can't I change my shipping method?
Private warehouse is more or less a storage area for your items. You decide on what items go into what order and whether you want to ship separately or combine or save them items for later.

I picked up Ridley from Best Buy yesterday morning and then stopped by Target and found one Inkling girl.

20181208-113456.jpg

Wolf was nowhere to be found. 

So can you help me out? I secured a pre order from them for the remaining 5 Smash amiibo. What is private warehouse? Why can't I change my shipping method?
When you pre-order at HLJ, you input your payment method, but you are not charged until the item is in stock. Before release, you are able to change the payment method, update your address, or even cancel the order (most Japanese shops don't allow cancellations, so it's nice that they do). Once released, your order is automatically charged via the payment method you picked, but the items are not automatically shipped to you. Instead, they go to your private warehouse, where they can stay for up to 60 days while you wait for other items to come in stock. When you are ready to ship, you click on your private warehouse, select which item(s) you want in this shipment, choose a shipping method (with costs listed), and pay for the shipment. It's an awesome way to combine orders to save on shipping, or a way to delay shipping so that you can pay the shipping cost later.

I've used HLJ for many years (I collect anime and video game figures) and they are outstandng! One of my favorite Japanese shops, along with AmiAmi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually nevermind.  i just scored a Wolf amiibo at Target just now.  Check your local Targets; mine had a brand new shipper today with about 3-4 of each of the new amiibo and a couple old ones like Bowser and Rosalina. 

20181208-125829.jpg

Lol my local target fired the night crew so the whole store is full of carts and racks full of boxes that the daylight crew is tring to put out and it's a giant fail. Its so funny.

My target has smash Mario in stock. Never thought I'd see this bitch in the wild again

I haven't seen a Toon Link in the wild yet, but I got one on ebay a couple months back anyway. Have seen Sheik, Lucario, Ike, Link, and Samus I think.

I picked up Kirby (Kirby series) at 5 Below last night. They mostly had Animal Crossing Amiibo, Lucas, Falco, Yoshi (SMB series), and Peach (SMB series). Has anyone seen other Kirby series Amiibo there? Debating on just going ahead and picking those up at Best Buy.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

Pretty sure I have all of the amiibo. I may have misplaced the original Peach or Zelda. I bought the new Splatoon 3 pack but I saw picks of a single female inkling. Is she new or did they break up the 3 pack?

Pretty sure I have all of the amiibo. I may have misplaced the original Peach or Zelda. I bought the new Splatoon 3 pack but I saw picks of a single female inkling. Is she new or did they break up the 3 pack?
They just released an Inkling Girl in the Smash Bros series. It's different than the one in the Splatoon line.

As mentioned, she is a new one with a new pose and a Smash base. But yes, they broke up the three pack a while back as well. They also made a re-color of the original 3 Splatoon Amiibo.

As mentioned, she is a new one with a new pose and a Smash base. But yes, they broke up the three pack a while back as well. They also made a re-color of the original 3 Splatoon Amiibo.
Just wanted to add that I believe the three pack was the only way to get the squid the first time around though.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Friend and I went hunting today.

I recalled a few months ago bargin hunt had tons of them although it was mostly animal crossing. Only found a single animal crossing one for $1 and a bunch of botw archer Links but they were $15. Not sure why that one was so expensive at a discount price but at least it was also 20% off.

We did check out a couple 5 & below and found Peach, Ryu, yoshi, and kirby. The second one had a bunch of animal crossing amiibos, rob, toad, falco, peach, lucas, boy and girl inkling, yoshi, kirby, and the 3 pack animal crossing set.

We ended up skipping the first 5 & below store but picked up all the others except for the single animal crossings.

Hope the animal crossing ones will be useful for the next animal crossing game but missed the boat when they were all around $1.

Did anyone else got charged today by gamestop? I haven’t ordered something from them in a long time and the only thing that comes to my mind is the diablo amiibo which is not supposed to release until next year? (No date has been confirmed so far)

FYI:

King K. Rool, Piranta Plant, Ice Climbers, and Geno amiibo are all available for pre-order instore at GameStop. They release in Feb 2019.

They are also available at Amazon.com for pre-order, too!

Did anyone else got charged today by gamestop? I haven’t ordered something from them in a long time and the only thing that comes to my mind is the diablo amiibo which is not supposed to release until next year? (No date has been confirmed so far)
I have the charge as well. It's the exact amount and the only thing I have ordered from them lately. Must be shipping very soon.

My Best Buy got some more Wolf figurines and Smash Bros limited editions today. Not sure if it's nationwide but I sure as hell snagged both up.

I saw several inkling girl at Target yesterday, they just pull all the Amiibo in one of the console hardware display cases as they ran out of room on the racks.

FYI:
King K. Rool, Piranta Plant, Ice Climbers, and Geno amiibo are all available for pre-order instore at GameStop. They release in Feb 2019.
They are also available at Amazon.com for pre-order, too!
Thanks as I stopped at a GameStop out doing errands and did a preorder for piranha plant amiibo.

After I typed my follow up post, it did occur to me that he might have meant the system bundle. But I was still hoping....

Thanks for the clarification, guys.
nintendo last year said they were going to restock older amiibo, except for some more mario type ones alot of the store only or 2p ones didnt come back out and i dont think they will anytime either since nintendo will be pushing the few new ones for smash though jp got restocks of hard to get ones nobody else did, instead of fighting to get any i wanted but missed i have just been looking for affordable resellers, last one was on amazon, got a octoling girl (refuse to pay for a set when i only want one) which was a jp import for 21$ which isnt a bad markup

bread's done
Back