amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
NOOooooo.  They changed the packaging slightly, so I can't (easily at least) do what I've been and carefully cut the bottom out as a flap, remove the fig, and keep the box mostly intact so if I want to pop the fig back in and display it like that in the future I can (I know, it's dumb, and I 99% won't, but still).

They added a small tab to the top of the inner plastic that gets sealed under the outer plastic, so you can't pull it out.  Most figs you can still manage to get out, but then they went one further and used a twist tie to hold the Octoling boy in place.  ARGH

Oddly Ridley didn't have that.  Popped out like "normal"

NOOooooo. They changed the packaging slightly, so I can't (easily at least) do what I've been and carefully cut the bottom out as a flap, remove the fig, and keep the box mostly intact so if I want to pop the fig back in and display it like that in the future I can (I know, it's dumb, and I 99% won't, but still).

They added a small tab to the top of the inner plastic that gets sealed under the outer plastic, so you can't pull it out. Most figs you can still manage to get out, but then they went one further and used a twist tie to hold the Octoling boy in place. ARGH

Oddly Ridley didn't have that. Popped out like "normal"
They're on to you and want you to buy duplicates.

Does anyone know if the Diablo amiibo will be available in store? I missed the $17 WM glitch for the game (stopped at several stores) and I am thinking about the GS price of $39.99.

If it is, I would assume very few would be available. Just like the Cloud exclusive, probably all gobbled up. Mine also shipped yesterday, so it'll be fun to see what he does since we did get in on the WM price mistake.

Does anyone know if the Diablo amiibo will be available in store? I missed the $17 WM glitch for the game (stopped at several stores) and I am thinking about the GS price of $39.99.
If you have GCU, Best Buy also has a price of $39.99 on Diablo Switch. I also missed the Walmart glitch, but got it from Best Buy with GCU.

My Diablo amiibo just arrived and it’s badass. I really like this one the most since it’s unique and well made. It’s also weird seeing an amiibo in a little square box.

My Diablo amiibo just arrived and it’s badass. I really like this one the most since it’s unique and well made. It’s also weird seeing an amiibo in a little square box.
I agree the packaging is great, and I love the figure (even if it is a reused model). I like that they use fallen gold pieces for support rather than clear pieces like some of the earlier Amiibos. Very happy with it.

Is there any way around the $5 shipping for the GS Goblin Amiibo? It hurts paying more for the Amiibo than I did for the game (thx WM glitch).

Is there a site that shows what amiibos do from smash ultimate?
I have about 40 amiibo and noticed that most of the ones that aren't playable in the game scan in as Spirits. Resetti, Kapp'n, and Wedding Peach are all very good to start with. I honestly don't remember if any of them didn't give me Spirits when I scanned them.

Most amiibos that have characters playable in the game also scan in as FP's. Wedding Peach works as both an FP and Spirit. King Dedede and Kirby from the Kirby series are FP, and so is Isabelle from Animal Crossing.

I only have basic PUR and don't see free shipping. Guess I'll wait for after release to see if store pickup becomes available.

Thanks for the replies.

Is there any way around the $5 shipping for the GS Goblin Amiibo? It hurts paying more for the Amiibo than I did for the game (thx WM glitch).
A guy a while ago explained how to do it. Log into GS, add item to cart, close browser, wait for email saying 'goblin amiibo is still in your cart', click link in that email, go to checkout, and see if free shipping is an option. It probably isn't so make sure item is still in cart then close browser. Repeat from wait for email step 4-5 times and finally free shipping will be an option!

I only have basic PUR and don't see free shipping. Guess I'll wait for after release to see if store pickup becomes available.

Thanks for the replies.
so do i but i got free shipping, i might have been that if u ordered during their bf week sale everything was free shipping since that when preorders went up and they had an option of slow and free in case of holiday before christmas orders took priority, would suggest just owning up since nintendo hasnt been making second batches of specialty amiibos outside of jp

I ended up grabbing a $20 PSN card to reach free shipping for the GS exclusive Goblin Amiibo.

A guy a while ago explained how to do it. Log into GS, add item to cart, close browser, wait for email saying 'goblin amiibo is still in your cart', click link in that email, go to checkout, and see if free shipping is an option. It probably isn't so make sure item is still in cart then close browser. Repeat from wait for email step 4-5 times and finally free shipping will be an option!
I tried using the third email reminder link, but it didn't offer free shipping. Maybe it works if you do it enough times, but I went ahead and placed an order.

so do i but i got free shipping, i might have been that if u ordered during their bf week sale everything was free shipping since that when preorders went up and they had an option of slow and free in case of holiday before christmas orders took priority
Yeah, may have been free because of bf. Definitely not free shipping now unless your order hits $35.

I had to place a new order, select shipped then change it after starting to checkout like normal. Something was weird earlier and they wouldn’t even let me do pickup but I could now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
still can't get the $1 off to show up even when I do this

still can't get the $1 off to show up even when I do this
Same. It won't give an option to choose store or shipping when you add to cart, which holds up the whole thing. It auto-store pickups it and even changing to shipping in cart, then back again does nothing. It has to be added to cart as shipped so maybe logging out would make it work with no store option first. IDK, I gave up and placed my orders for shipping. /shrug

Now just waiting for Snake and Belmont to show up for order; you know those are gonna be $$$. ;)

Ordered the three new ones.  Even with one order, I was able to get the $1 off three times, so $3 off the total order.  (And I still have GCU, so not as bad.)

I've looked online but not found anything, so does anyone know where Snake / Belmont / Isabelle are going to be available? I smell retailer exclusive shenanigans in the air. 

I've looked online but not found anything, so does anyone know where Snake / Belmont / Isabelle are going to be available? I smell retailer exclusive shenanigans in the air.
I would also like to know this. I don't really buy Amiibo very often any more, but I absolutely must have the Belmonts and Snake.

I would also like to know this. I don't really buy Amiibo very often any more, but I absolutely must have the Belmonts and Snake.
There's probably alot of us in this boat. I grabbed Ridley, hoping to grab Ken, but other than those 2 I think it's just gonna be Snake and the Belmonts.

Reminder that ice breakers, piranha plant, and King k rool release today. Looks like plenty of stock at local best buy in SoCal
I wanted two PP and had to order from two different Best Buys. I got a Cloud, KKR and IC from BB. Cloud from GS is different so I ordered one from there along with a second KKR and need to stop there as well on the way home.

According to this list: https://amiibo.life/amiibo/super-smash-bros

I am missing only two Corrin and two Bayonetta. I doubt they come back in stock any time soon. I can hope though.

I want a second Loot Goblin Amiibo but they are extremely hard to find as well.

I wanted two PP and had to order from two different Best Buys. I got a Cloud, KKR and IC from BB. Cloud from GS is different so I ordered one from there along with a second KKR and need to stop there as well on the way home.

According to this list: https://amiibo.life/amiibo/super-smash-bros

I am missing only two Corrin and two Bayonetta. I doubt they come back in stock any time soon. I can hope though.

I want a second Loot Goblin Amiibo but they are extremely hard to find as well.
Maybe they'll be reprinted around the time Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Bayonetta 3 are released.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I didn't miss Pichu and Isabelle (SSBU) amiibo preorders, did I?

The amiibo collecting app I use shows them in their list, but I assume that's just because they been announced?

I didn't miss Pichu and Isabelle (SSBU) amiibo preorders, did I?

The amiibo collecting app I use shows them in their list, but I assume that's just because they been announced?
No, the most recent preorders to go up are the ones that are targeted for April 12th release (Young Link, Ken, and Daisy).

bread's done
Back