amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t you dare get my hopes up for a Tortimer or a Brewster or even a Gulliver amiibo. DON’T YOU DARE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are safe for now as no new Animal Crossing amiibo's for launch but the direct did mention they plan to support additional characters in the future. Have to see if that means cards, figures or both.

Let's see how long it takes for Gamestop to raise the prices of Animal Crossing amiibo's. :shame: They are still $4.99 to $7.99 at 9:46am East Coast Time.

You are safe for now as no new Animal Crossing amiibo's for launch but the direct did mention they plan to support additional characters in the future. Have to see if that means cards, figures or both.

Let's see how long it takes for Gamestop to raise the prices of Animal Crossing amiibo's. :shame: They are still $4.99 to $7.99 at 9:46am East Coast Time.
While it is possible that they create new amiibo, my interpretation was that they were going to add support for existing cards/figures over time.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

You can interact with the amiibo characters (figure or card) on a special island called Photopia where you can participate in special photo shoots.

Is that all that happens? Doesn't affect "normal" gameplay? Just it's own separate thing?
The character cards will give you the option of having them set up camp on your island. From there you will most likely be able to chat them up and convince them to move in, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Is that all that happens? Doesn't affect "normal" gameplay? Just it's own separate thing?
Scanning allows you to bring the villager to your campsite and you can invite them to your island. Looks like you also get their poster by scanning a villagers card, according to a Japanese screenshot I saw on Twitter.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The GameStop by me just got in a shipment of Animal Crossing Amiibos. They were at $4.99 and $7.99 price points. I saw Celeste and Kicks which I bought. I also saw Blathers, Kapp'n, Mr. Resetti, Lottie, Rover, and maybe two more.

Five Below has 7 of the AC amiibo in stock online, they were sold out of Kicks when I ordered last night. Think he's the only one I'm missing after a trip to Five Below last weekend.

I put up some shelves and relocated my amiibo collection. I moved into this house last year and the ledge against this wall left a lot less space for the standing shelves I had them on. This is going to open up the floor quite a bit.

Five Below has 7 of the AC amiibo in stock online, they were sold out of Kicks when I ordered last night. Think he's the only one I'm missing after a trip to Five Below last weekend.

Pretty much the only ones on Gamestop's Buy 2 Get 1 sale. Half the price too!

Anyone looking for loose Zelda amiibo? Amiibo trade thread is dead so figured I'd ask. Sold through most of my collection, have a few left if anyone needs some loose figures. Not really worth making a trade thread for: Revali, Young Link, Wolf Link, Link (Awakening)

Let me know!

Thanks! It's been so long since I've seen this thread bumped. I was really hoping it was something worthwhile. Unfortunately, these will be the first amiibo I haven't been able to purchase with GCU. Luckily, I have $10 in certificates.
Rest in peace GCU. These are the first amiibos I will be buying in 5 years, but it is two of my favorite series. Hopefully the pre-orders hold, I don't want to return to the old days of hoping and praying every time I went to a store.

GS has the Amiibo available for preorder on their site, but shipping kills at $6/per figure. Not sure if they are available in store or not.

Rest in peace GCU. These are the first amiibos I will be buying in 5 years, but it is two of my favorite series. Hopefully the pre-orders hold, I don't want to return to the old days of hoping and praying every time I went to a store.
Yeah, these are my first two without GCU. Liking both of the characters a lot softens the blow a little.

With stores that close up shop not refunding preorder money, I'd proceed with caution.
I don't think that's true. My closest store closed up earlier this year and they said if I wanted to keep the preorder it would just transfer over to the next closest store. But I had only done the preorder to get a trade-in promo so I was able to get my $ back just fine.

I don't mean to hijack this thread either, but I inquired about Splatoon amiibo like 2 years ago in the trade thread and nothing. So if anyone has any of them (besides the OG 3 pack and the Octoling pack) for a reasonable price, lmk.

One of the good things that’s come from this covid pandemic is the significant reduction of neckbeard man children stinking up our retail stores. I haven’t encountered any as of late in stores like Best Buy, whereas before neckbeards we’re running rampant buying ammibo to bring back to their mother’s basement. Anyone else notice a trend of seeing lower numbers of neckbeards?

I mean realistically speaking those neckbeards are the ones who were staying at home most anyway. So you'll probably have to deal with more after this all if it keeps picking off the rest of us

I was definitely a neck beard while working from home 100%. Now that I’m able to come into work when I have a need went 100% clean because of mask-beard irritation.

Amiibo wise, I need an Eevee amiibo for the love of god... even a cheap knockoff ! :)

Cat Mario amiibo is available at BB to pre-order, but Cat Peach is not. So which one of your pre-ordered all the Cat Peach from BB? The fury fetish is out of control.

All three Monster Hunter Rise amiibo are available in store at GameStop as well as the collector’s edition that includes one of the amiibo, a sticker set, and a pin for and extra $40. 🙄 They’re not on the website yet though.

All three Monster Hunter Rise amiibo are available in store at GameStop as well as the collector’s edition that includes one of the amiibo, a sticker set, and a pin for and extra $40. They’re not on the website yet though.
Ugh to GS exclusives. Expecting $10-$15 shipping and little desire to go into one.

All three Monster Hunter Rise amiibo are available in store at GameStop as well as the collector’s edition that includes one of the amiibo, a sticker set, and a pin for and extra $40. 🙄 They’re not on the website yet though.
Thanks for this, I didn't realize they were GameStop exclusives until just now. Went and pre-ordered them right away.

bread's done
Back