amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got one.  What a mess.  Got it in my cart at 9, couldn't check out.  Eventually took it out of my cart.  Let me add it to cart again a few minutes.  Still couldn't check out.  Finally did.  If you didn't get one, but your store shows in stock, try again.

Looks like even though Target said they would not be purchasable in stores most stores just had them out and people just snatched them up when the stores opened.

Kept hammering the place order button and finally got a pickup through. Hopefully they actually have it ready for me later ^^;

Took me 28 minutes to finally get an order through.  This was after it stopped letting the cards even being added to the cart for a few minutes.  I don't have high hopes this actually gets fulfilled, but fingers crossed.

Question is.... Why is everyone obsessed with Sanrio cards for Animal Crossing? I feel like the Animal Crossing phase is over.... Unless ur all Scalpers!!!

I think the places where stores haven't opened already will have a better chance of having orders fulfilled. I was able to place pick up orders at 2 different Targets after a lot of trying, but seeing Twitter and stores selling them to anyone who comes in, I don't have much faith.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Question is.... Why is everyone obsessed with Sanrio cards for Animal Crossing? I feel like the Animal Crossing phase is over.... Unless ur all Scalpers!!!
Only way to unlock the new content for ACNH unless you use others means for amiibos, plus they never came out here in the US.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If your store hasn't open you are probably fine.  If you store is already opened they are just going let people buy them in store

Order ready for pickup. I'll stop by later today.

Each of the six cards includes a new furniture set, clothing set, move-in villager with house featuring the new items, and poster (which I used to have all cataloged before that update effed up posters). Even though I don't play ACNH much anymore (I'm currently into Stardew Valley), I like keeping my character up to date with the latest items.

Had errors from the beginning at 6am PST, kept trying, looking at Twitter to read comments and almost gave up, then it Add button came back so o kept trying, switching different stores, then suddenly it let me checked out at 6:38am PST. Hopefully it won’t get canceled! I bought them for my siblings since they aren’t able to get them. Are we able to change Secondary Pick Up person just in case?

FINALLY got my order in. I woke up at 8:30 (eastern) just in case they went live early, then saw that people were just driving up and getting them. So I got dressed and went over, all the while I couldn't check out on my phone (husband was driving). We get to our local Target less than 10 minutes away and 3 employees REFUSE to sell them to me and some scalper-looking guy. So now I think I'm screwed because husband and I are cutting it too close to work. After about a hundred refreshes, finally got one to go through at that location. I won't be able to pick it up until this evening, but considering my location is sticking to policy, I should be safe...I hope.

fuck all the Targets that broke policy and just sold them to any schmo that walked in.

Just look at the people here saying "got my orders in." Each pack has the entire set, so everyone buying multiples is most likely reseller trash.

...I don't understand this one.  I haven't played AC but these look like they're just nfc cards and not figures.  You can make your own nfc card that functions the same.

Just look at the people here saying "got my orders in." Each pack has the entire set, so everyone buying multiples is most likely reseller trash.
Not only that but it's a target exclusive so there is a rarity to the item. If it was all stores there wouldn't be a scarcity of the item. I bought 2 packs but one for me, one for my best friend (I'm off today so I offered to pick one up for them and they will not be resold). I guess i'm one of the multiple pack exceptions.

...I don't understand this one. I haven't played AC but these look like they're just nfc cards and not figures. You can make your own nfc card that functions the same.
I don't know, I'm not big into amiibos, but I bought a pack for my GF. She's into AC and likes Hello Kitty. I haven't looked into making an NFC card, but the pack is $6. She'll appreciate them and it's not like it's breaking the bank. I also assume some people are collectors, and they want the actual cards.

Once you use the cards, you can let someone else scan the card or whatever right? Do you have to keep tapping each time you wanna access the content or you set it and forget it? Thanks

Once you use the cards, you can let someone else scan the card or whatever right? Do you have to keep tapping each time you wanna access the content or you set it and forget it? Thanks
Yes, you can lend the cards to friends to unlock the content. And once you've scanned a card, the items it unlocks (furniture, wallpaper, flooring, clothing) stay unlocked within the shopping menu in the game. To scan all six cards in one day to unlock all the items, you use the Nook machine to scan an amiibo, but then tell the machine you don't want to invite them to the campsite and you can then scan the rest.

And if you want to use the card to invite the associated villager to your island, you have to invite them on three separate days, and each day craft for them the item they ask for. On the third day, they will agree to move to your island and will replace a villager of your choosing if you are already at max capacity. But you only need to scan once to get the items.

I don't know, I'm not big into amiibos, but I bought a pack for my GF. She's into AC and likes Hello Kitty. I haven't looked into making an NFC card, but the pack is $6. She'll appreciate them and it's not like it's breaking the bank. I also assume some people are collectors, and they want the actual cards.
i am giving my wife a pack of card sleeves for these lol

While you adult men were trying to buy Hello Kitty trading cards I went into the store today and picked up the real new amiibos.  The presentation and the paint jobs are glorious, and they're a couple of the best sculpts that we've gotten in awhile.

Amiibo-pickups-3-26-21.jpg

None of the store here have received Terry yet. 

All my best buy orders were delayed to today. The amiibos and the game. They shipped the amiibos all separately which was weird.
I asked gamestop about the monster hunter amiibos and they said hopefully they'll get them 3/30. They still hadn't gotten the monster hunter game as of last night and said a lot of stuff has been delayed. They said corporate was still blaming it on the Texas snowstorm last month.

BK Amiibo from BB shipped 3/26 and should arrive 3/30. BK is one of my favorite N64 games, so hyped to get them.

Thankfully, my Target grabbed my Sanrio pickup order in time before it sold out in-store. Picked it up yesterday afternoon. eBay prices seem to be $40-$50. Hopefully Nintendo prints more. If you want to go the alternate route,
blank tags are easy to do and you can get a lot of blanks cheaper than buying a custom six pack from eBay/etsy.

Went to pick up the my Sanrio cards today and my store apparently decided to limit them to one per person so they only had one pack for me to pickup. I wonder if they kept the second pack for themselves. Target customer service was useless.

Oh boy, is it "Everyone's a scalper except me!" season already? I LIVE for this time of year!

I know, they really should be undercutting and selling them for $35 a pack instead.
They shouldn't have been useless leeches and only purchased packs for themselves in the first place. Imagine being such a poor, unscrupulous wastrel that you have to scalp fucking Hello Kitty products. I don't care whatsoever about the cards or the shit in the game, just calling out trash as I see it.

They shouldn't have been useless leeches and only purchased packs for themselves in the first place. Imagine being such a poor, unscrupulous wastrel that you have to scalp fucking Hello Kitty products. I don't care whatsoever about the cards or the shit in the game, just calling out trash as I see it.
And how much they contribute to society.

15-20 easily
Sorry, delayed reply because I kept forgetting to count when I got home
I have several of these shelves and get 19 amiibo per shelf. What I especially like is the front door opens on it so you can easily take the amiibo out if you want to use in a game or just rearrange.

I'm not a big Amiibo collector, so pardon the ignorance here...

I want the Palico MH Amiibo, but I don't mind not having it for while I'm playing the game - I just want it as a collection item. They're out of stock everywhere, and being sold for 3x on eBay, etc.

Will these come back into stock longer-term at retailers, and are just sold out now because the game just came out? Or if something sells out is it expected it'll stay sold out forever?

I'm not a big Amiibo collector, so pardon the ignorance here...

I want the Palico MH Amiibo, but I don't mind not having it for while I'm playing the game - I just want it as a collection item. They're out of stock everywhere, and being sold for 3x on eBay, etc.

Will these come back into stock longer-term at retailers, and are just sold out now because the game just came out? Or if something sells out is it expected it'll stay sold out forever?
Since it's nintendo, i just assume it's sold out forever.

bread's done
Back