amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a big Amiibo collector, so pardon the ignorance here...

I want the Palico MH Amiibo, but I don't mind not having it for while I'm playing the game - I just want it as a collection item. They're out of stock everywhere, and being sold for 3x on eBay, etc.

Will these come back into stock longer-term at retailers, and are just sold out now because the game just came out? Or if something sells out is it expected it'll stay sold out forever?
Since it launches tomorrow (as a Gamestop exclusive), I suggest calling all of your local GS shops to ask if they have any extras above the pre-orders.

I'm not a big Amiibo collector, so pardon the ignorance here...

I want the Palico MH Amiibo, but I don't mind not having it for while I'm playing the game - I just want it as a collection item. They're out of stock everywhere, and being sold for 3x on eBay, etc.

Will these come back into stock longer-term at retailers, and are just sold out now because the game just came out? Or if something sells out is it expected it'll stay sold out forever?
It’s shown as In Stock on 6/7/21 at Amazon Japan. Before shipping, it’s actually cheaper than GameStop. I placed an order just to see if I get lucky.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B08JYXPCD2/ref=sr_1_23?crid=1LJWMHNTNDN8S&dchild=1&keywords=monster+hunter+rise&qid=1617035470&sprefix=Monster+hunter+rise%2Caps%2C204&sr=8-23

anyone get their Banjo, Byleth, or Terry Amiibo shipped from BB?  Had preorder since they went up.  Convinced they're stuck in the Suez Canal

anyone get their Banjo, Byleth, or Terry Amiibo shipped from BB? Had preorder since they went up. Convinced they're stuck in the Suez Canal
My Banjo shipped from BB on release day (3/26). Should arrive tomorrow, 3/30, via UPS. I didn't order the others.

I prefer to pick mine up in-store (Gamestop for these 3 because I got credit + nothing better to use monthly cert² on) just to make sure the ones I plan to keep in-box for display are in good shape and not Fedex/UPS hulk smashed...  :whee:

We'll see how the Monster Hunter ones go... not a fan of the series, but do like big amiibos!

zVUfp3f.png

My 3 were all supposed to arrive on Friday. Then I got an email that Banjo would arrive on Wed, then it just had an unknown delivery date and the other two would arrive Saturday.

Banjo arrived Saturday, Byleth "was unable to be delivered" and they'd try again on Monday. Some how they managed to deliver it today, not sure what the issue was with that. Terry got delayed as well and may be here tomorrow, or whenever UPS feels like delivering it *shrug*

These were all on 1 order btw -_-

Gamestop has not ship monster hunter amiibo yet. Looks like they didn't come back in stock on the site. Maybe they will in the morning.

My gamestop told me the Monster Hunter Rise amiibo got delayed till April 9th due to shipping issues to their warehouses. Probably that boat that got stuck in the harbor

It’s shown as In Stock on 6/7/21 at Amazon Japan. Before shipping, it’s actually cheaper than GameStop. I placed an order just to see if I get lucky.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B08JYXPCD2/ref=sr_1_23?crid=1LJWMHNTNDN8S&dchild=1&keywords=monster+hunter+rise&qid=1617035470&sprefix=Monster+hunter+rise%2Caps%2C204&sr=8-23
Thanks! I ordered mine from there this morning. Now to see when the next 3 monster hunter rise amiibos go up for preorder.

Anyone have monster hunter rise amiibo ship from gamestop yet.

I see in a post above that a person says they are delayed till April 9.

Anyone have monster hunter rise amiibo ship from gamestop yet.

I see in a post above that a person says they are delayed till April 9.
It looks like mine are getting ready to ship. It's showing that the mailing label has been prepared in my Fedex account and the estimated delivery is Friday. I am also seeing a pending credit card charge for the full amount that wasn't there yesterday.

Thanks! I ordered mine from there this morning. Now to see when the next 3 monster hunter rise amiibos go up for preorder.
Glad to help. Anyone had experience with Amazon Japan in the past? Do they ever ship early? Do they cancel orders? This is my first order.

Got Banjo in today. Very happy with how they turned out ^^

Glad to help. Anyone had experience with Amazon Japan in the past? Do they ever ship early? Do they cancel orders? This is my first order.
I've ordered a few anime figures from Amazon JP without issue. I have heard of them cancelling orders before due to insufficient stock, but not sure how common that is.

My store never picked up the phone but another store I called confirmed corporate told them the new date for the monster hunter amiibo is April 9th.

I have an order for the palico & palamute amiibos, where the palico shows as 'preparing for shipment' while the palamute shows 'awaiting product availability.'  The palico status changed in the past 24 hours, and I half expected the palamute to follow shortly.  I'm guessing there won't be any more activity yet today, so now the waiting game begins until they finally ship out. 

Have collectors edition console arriving tomorrow bt No eta on my magnamalo amiibo, have an extra if someone wants to trade, preferably palamute bt I’d take a palico as well

Picked up all 3 smash amiibo as well from Best Buy( target had a few in my area still)

Should I be concerned? My amiibos (which I preordered in store) are no longer appearing in my order page.
No. The release date in the system still shows as 3/30, so they aren't tracked in it as "pre-orders" once 3/30 hit, and AFAIK in-store purchases don't show on the order page *unless* it's a pending pre-order.

Went in yesterday hoping to pick up my MH amiibo (Terry and Byleth are on the way from BB instead) and asked since it didn't show anymore. Store told me that they're getting them on the 9th and will give all of the customers at that location a call once they arrive.

Hmm, my Byleth and B&K preorders have been stuck at a Fed Ex location since 3/24 with no movement.  Guess I better start looking at buying them at local stores.  Thanks Target.

Hmm, my Byleth and B&K preorders have been stuck at a Fed Ex location since 3/24 with no movement. Guess I better start looking at buying them at local stores. Thanks Target.
May just be Fedex being crappy. I had something scan on 3/23 and didn’t scan again until it delivered today 3/31.

May just be Fedex being crappy. I had something scan on 3/23 and didn’t scan again until it delivered today 3/31.
I don't know, I've had an abnormally high number of Target packages disappear at Fedex facilities in the past month. Target is very good about replacements or refunds if it doesn't move in a few days, although if something is sold out, you're screwed.

Two of the three Rise amiibos I preordered shipped from Gamestop dot com this morning. Looks like they will be delivered on Friday via Fedex.
Just received two $5 GS gift cards by e-mail. Looks like for people that preordered the Rise amiibos on GS dot com, they are sending them out a few hours after the amiibos ship.

Target annoys me with amiibo (shipping).

Got Terry in. Box is the perfect size for an amiibo...yet it comes in bent to hell! Ridiculous.

Had the same issue with one previously, and was able to exchange in store.

The other two new ones are on the way. Hoping for a better package than the last one.

Just received two $5 GS gift cards by e-mail. Looks like for people that preordered the Rise amiibos on GS dot com, they are sending them out a few hours after the amiibos ship.
What was the email titled? I didn't get shit yet and mine shipped almost a day ago

Also has anyones Palamute shipped yet?

What was the email titled? I didn't get shit yet and mine shipped almost a day ago

Also has anyones Palamute shipped yet?
I just checked my order this morning and the palamute just changed to 'preparing for shipment.' At least with the palico, the item shipped about 24 hours after receiving a similar change, so I'm hopeful the palamute will ship out yet this week.

Got my Banjo from BB, and Terry and Byleth shipped due today.  Huzzah.  Hope others get all their preorders!  Wonder if it's just general supply chain shinanigans, covid delays, suez canal, or some perfect storm of all that caused such hiccups for folks.

Got my Banjo from BB, and Terry and Byleth shipped due today. Huzzah. Hope others get all their preorders! Wonder if it's just general supply chain shinanigans, covid delays, suez canal, or some perfect storm of all that caused such hiccups for folks.
I'm guessing a little bit of everything.

Got Terry from BB yesterday, have Byleth coming today (with a steelbook for MH:R). Got my Collector's Edition MH:R Monday instead of Friday, and sitting around waiting for GS to call me to pick up the three amigos to hunt dragons with.

My gamestop said they will have the monster hunter amiibos April 2nd or 5th, originally they thought the 9th
Went today because I was in the area and the cashier didn't give me a date. Just that I would receive a call and that there'd be some sort of discount for the delay.

The 3 Monster Hunter Rise amiibos are available on GameStop.com!

Now they just need to put up the 3 Monster Hunter Stories 2 amiibos.

I need to find a cheap Leoleia & Cheval and One-Eyed Rathalos and Rider (Female).  I didn't want to pay $40 at the time and now the prices are crazy.

Those 2, Navirou and Qbby are the only ones missing from my collection.

Finally received my Byleth and B&K from Target after a week delay, and they were kind of shoved in a much too small box.  Will probably go back to BBY for my preorders as the 5% Red Card discount is just not worth the hassle.

I'll probably check my local Gamestop tomorrow to see if my Monster Hunter amiibo are in, though its seems like a crapshoot the day they will be available.

My Magnamalo and Palico amiibo were available for pick-up today at Gamestop, but not Palamute. He's still due by 4/9. I got 5 dollars off both of the available ones, so that's nice. Hopefully Palamute actually does get here (and I get another 5 bucks off lol).

My Magnamalo and Palico amiibo were available for pick-up today at Gamestop, but not Palamute. He's still due by 4/9. I got 5 dollars off both of the available ones, so that's nice. Hopefully Palamute actually does get here (and I get another 5 bucks off lol).
My palico amiibo arrived today, and the palamute is scheduled for tomorrow. The trifecta is nearly complete!

I also got the call for 2 out of the 3 amiibos. I don't do many preorders with them... What do yall think? I've heard some horror stories. Should I wait until the 3rd one arrives and pick all 3 up together, or go in and grab the 2 and make a second trip.

bread's done
Back