amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Uk price is quite a bit more than the US price. I was expecting 20 GBP to put it in line with the US and Japan prices.
Yea always can cancel later if You find a better deal, better than scalpers, supply restock is always hit or miss with Nintendo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Amiibo are usually findable when they come out in store these days. While online sells out pretty quickly, I've noticed those available for store pickup (like at Best Buy), or on shelves don't move nearly as fast. It's easy to order online, even to order multiple for keeps/resell - but people aren't as quick to run to the store for them like back in the "good" ole days of Amiibo craziness. Just keep an eye out when the day comes and you should be able to easily order one for store pickup even if you can't be at the store early.
While I would like to believe you (and it applies to some recent amiibo releases), the Monster Hunter Rise amiibo fiasco indicates otherwise. At least in my area, if you didn't preorder the amiibo, you never got a chance to pick them up in-store as you claim (stores did not get inventory for general sale). It didn't help that, outside of the collector's edition pack-in, the three MHR amiibo were Gamestop-exclusive.

While I would like to believe you (and it applies to some recent amiibo releases), the Monster Hunter Rise amiibo fiasco indicates otherwise. At least in my area, if you didn't preorder the amiibo, you never got a chance to pick them up in-store as you claim (stores did not get inventory for general sale). It didn't help that, outside of the collector's edition pack-in, the three MHR amiibo were Gamestop-exclusive.
You pointed out the problem in your post. Gamestop exclusive. They have long under-estimated demand (or just didn't want to get stuck with a glut so intentionally under-ordered). I would have liked the Dark Souls Amiibo, but missed out on the initial preorder and that was pretty much that since it was Gamestop exclusive.

Best Buy and Target are usually pretty reliable for picking up even the more wanted Amiibo on release day lately.

My local gamestops said they have been getting ones and twosies of the MH from distro again. I only wanted the big one at first but then after release decided I also wanted the doggie.... and finally picked him up yesterday. Unfortunately the stock checker is still borked, but calling up a store to ask and they can check the local inventory for you. :beer:

lw13p0x.png

They popped up on gs again and I got one in my cart then tried to get free shipping like an idiot and they went oos
I realized quickly you need your pre-order amount to be over 35 and not just any old in-stock item $10 or above to get to $35 would work. Had I known I'd probably have tired to pre-order a pokemon plushy or something dumb instead of 2x Loftwing... :oldman:

My local gamestops said they have been getting ones and twosies of the MH from distro again. I only wanted the big one at first but then after release decided I also wanted the doggie.... and finally picked him up yesterday. Unfortunately the stock checker is still borked, but calling up a store to ask and they can check the local inventory for you. :beer:

lw13p0x.png

I realized quickly you need your pre-order amount to be over 35 and not just any old in-stock item $10 or above to get to $35 would work. Had I known I'd probably have tired to pre-order a pokemon plushy or something dumb instead of 2x Loftwing... :oldman:
That's odd. When I placed a preorder for the palamute + palico amiibo during one of the preorder restocks in late January/early February, the order total was well above $35 and I couldn't get it to allow the free shipping under any circumstance. I ended up eating the shipping cost, figuring that the items would be in short supply.

That's odd. When I placed a preorder for the palamute + palico amiibo during one of the preorder restocks in late January/early February, the order total was well above $35 and I couldn't get it to allow the free shipping under any circumstance. I ended up eating the shipping cost, figuring that the items would be in short supply.
They have the be pre-orders that ship on the same day I think, were the two amiibos different days?

Did the other Monster Hunter Stories 2 amiibos ever go up?
Last I heard no option to pre order just have to get lucky come release day, after the MHR amiibo fiasco with orders popping up at random dates after release guess they said be best not to repeat that same scenario

Surprised no one posted this. Monster hunter stories 2 amiibo are on Amazon Japan and ship to the U.S. comes to about $90 shipped since they ship individually, but isn't that bad as gamestop is around $64 or so before shipping.

Thanks. Not sure what the hell is going on with U.S preorders but I grabbed the two not in the Collectors Edition.

Rather just pay an extra 10-15$ than deal with the hunt.
Same here man got them and saved myself the headache

Same here man got them and saved myself the headache

Did the same thing. Only grabbed Tsukino and Eno as the Razewing Ratha comes with the Collector's Edition of the game. Hoping Capcom decides to go elsewhere besides GameStop for Monster Hunter exclusives in the future in the US.

Thanks! I had thought about just hitting my local GS right when they open and hoping I could grab all three with my copy of the game, but... well, they almost never have things when doors open on release day, and I'd rather not deal with the hassle. Ordered all three, came out to $83.

You can add them, and then leave the order page (I just went back to the frontpage for Amazon) and it will leave the item in your cart. You can add all three in this way and get a lower shipping cost overall.

Actually managed to get the Amiibo, shit was gone in like 2 or 3 minutes lol. I just couldnt pull the trigger on the Dread Collectors Edition though, just seems overpriced and not enough goodies.

I want the Zelda Game and Watch, but I'll wait for Gamestop or Amazon considering how overstocked the first one was. (Also the fact that their pre-orders are still up when the others went instantly lol)

bread's done
Back