amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why in the world isn't the Skyward Sword Link amiibo getting a reprint this week? Never got that thanks to the amazon exclusive release.

Your store got a LOT more than mine. Tho my store doesn't have any other amiibo anyway, but they only got 3 each of Rathalos and Ena, and 1 of the other amiibo.
Might have been a Thinkgeek prior? - those ones always seem setup to recieve more pops/amiibos/beanbags.

Anyone being charged already for the loftwing amiibo from gamestop
Yep - credit has been taken. Game as well... anyone know if we get the free poster with online pre-orders? Does it come in a huge box or rolled up?

Why in the world isn't the Skyward Sword Link amiibo getting a reprint this week? Never got that thanks to the amazon exclusive release.
I'm not a fan of any of the Link amiibo poses. Most just look dumb from all but one angle. (non-toon) Young Link is the only decent one IMHO. Hopefully BOTW2 will have a new one with his corrupted arm! :bomb:

Yep - credit has been taken. Game as well... anyone know if we get the free poster with online pre-orders? Does it come in a huge box or rolled up?
If it works the same as previous games with posters, you take your receipt into a store and they will give you a poster there.

I missed out on all the other metroid amiibo and regret it now. I'd be very happy if I could get a ridley amiibo at msrp price. Really want the dread one too.

That was your first mistake. Not everyone is intelligent enough to deserve a soapbox. It doesn't help that you give the undesirables influence over a community by allowing them to downvote dissenting opinions. No better than 4chan these days.
You're right. They are still insisting that everyone had a chance to get the MH Amiibos and that there was plenty of stock despite it being in stock for three limited hours when normal people work and most stores either got a few in stock or none at all. I imagine most of them are NEETs. If you disagree at all you will get downvoted or your post removed by the mods. I deleted my account on there, that entire site is a great example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Looks like some people got their Loftwings early... (this is from an ebay listing)... I only just got the shipping notice, not picked up yet :(

s-l1600.jpg

Just blew like $45 on Ebay because I realized I somehow was missing the Windwaker Zelda amiibo to finish the Zelda set and saw the price was climbing

Amiibos are a fun addiction...

Looks like some people got their Loftwings early... (this is from an ebay listing)... I only just got the shipping notice, not picked up yet :(

s-l1600.jpg
Wow, that’s soul-crushingly crappy. Scalpers are seriously killing what used to be a fun hobby. [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Amiibo market has always been dripping with scalpers … can’t think of a time where at least some of them weren’t hard to find, even back in the golden age of amiibo when you could walk into Toysrus and see a full wall of different amiibo figures. Nintendo designed these to inherently be a pain in the ass to collect … I guess I should be happy they haven’t released moss or glow in the dark variants (then again, we all saw the gold and silver variants that seem to keep manifesting every few years).

The Amiibo market has always been dripping with scalpers … can’t think of a time where at least some of them weren’t hard to find, even back in the golden age of amiibo when you could walk into Toysrus and see a full wall of different amiibo figures. Nintendo designed these to inherently be a pain in the ass to collect … I guess I should be happy they haven’t released moss or glow in the dark variants (then again, we all saw the gold and silver variants that seem to keep manifesting every few years).
For a few years they were relatively easy to get with preorders lasting for weeks, sometimes months. In fact, the only ones in the last 5 years I haven't been able to preorder were Loftwing (sold out), the Metroid Dread 2 pack (sold out), and the recent Monster Hunter Stories 2 ones (no preorders taken, sold on release date). Oh and I was left out in the cold on the Sanrio amiibo cards (sold on release date but sold out in minutes).

Target always ships stuff late for me and their shipping speed for pre orders is painfully slow. With that said, best buy hasn't even shipped mine yet.
But Best Buy now sometimes just ships out day of via Geek Squad from the local store.

Target on the other hand never shipped out the Smash Isabelle amiibo reprint I ordered.

My Loftwing and joycons shipped from Gamestop and both should be arriving tomorrow (coming to Florida from Kentucky).
My loftwing from Gamestop is "Awaiting Product Availability" after my order in store to ship to home. Sooooo that's a bit annoying.

Joycons I wasn't able to preorder, hoping for a hail mary order tomorrow when they're "live" like I did with the MH Pro Controller on Amazon.

I see that Zelda picture above from the hoarder who bought all of the copies so he can make a few bucks profit while screwing everyone else over (although Nintendo is also at fault here) but I also blame the idiots who pay massively inflated prices online to the scalpers for luxury items. I will never pay several times over MSRP if I miss an Amiibo even though I make $100 an hour and work for a top Fortune 500 company. I can afford it easily, but it's the principal of the matter. No one deserves to be rewarded for scalping and you're directly encouraging it if you buy overpriced stuff from resellers.

I see that Zelda picture above from the hoarder who bought all of the copies so he can make a few bucks profit while screwing everyone else over (although Nintendo is also at fault here) but I also blame the idiots who pay massively inflated prices online to the scalpers for luxury items. I will never pay several times over MSRP if I miss an Amiibo even though I make $100 an hour and work for a top Fortune 500 company. I can afford it easily, but it's the principal of the matter. No one deserves to be rewarded for scalping and you're directly encouraging it if you buy overpriced stuff from resellers.
Hey mods, I told you this was a banned idiot alt troll account.

bbbbaed8b80b9e65898499c192ad303c.jpg

If anyone is wondering why it’s not shipped maybe the same for joycons as well

Honestly not sure why people are so upset about not receiving the Loftwing amiibo within the first few days after picking up the only game it can be used for...unless they bought multiples and are worried they won't get as much selling them on ebay?

I know caggamers is that piece of trash IATCG, but I mean, I don't disagree with people being stupid for thinking they need them so badly they pay way more than they're worth. But maybe I'm not so fervent about an amiibo collection that having my order delayed and possibly cancelled would ruin my day.

Honestly not sure why people are so upset about not receiving the Loftwing amiibo within the first few days after picking up the only game it can be used for...unless they bought multiples and are worried they won't get as much selling them on ebay?

I know caggamers is that piece of trash IATCG, but I mean, I don't disagree with people being stupid for thinking they need them so badly they pay way more than they're worth. But maybe I'm not so fervent about an amiibo collection that having my order delayed and possibly cancelled would ruin my day.
I never managed to get one so this works for me, another shot a grabbing one finally, refuse to pay someone to extort me

Well my amiibo is still scheduled to arrive tomorrow... So that's cool. My joy cons though are still in Arizona, and are still scheduled to deliver tomorrow... So idk about that. We'll see

For some reason my amiibo shows that they're awaiting product if I pull it from Order Status, but I also got a shipping notification and that says its due for delivery tomorrow.

Get it together, Gamestop.

My amiibo finally shipped from best buy, shows it in California being shipped by OnTrac and claims it will be here tomorrow. I will be lucky if it's here by Monday. OnTrac is the worst.

Just got a Loftwing amiibo at BBY for shipping.

Edit: and now its sold out.  Which was odd since it said local stores had stock too.  Figured they would last a little while.

Damn I jumped on bby and they were gone. Good looking out though, Joseph. Will try again in the morning. Night, night CAGs!

If you keep spamming the "add to cart" button you might be able to snag one.  I know that has worked for other popular items.

bread's done
Back