amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than 4 minutes at BBY.com, looks like no chance to order the Loftwing amiibo today. Sad!

GameStop had it up briefly. The entire time it was available I couldn’t add to cart. Glad I largely got out of Amiibos, jumping through hoops for this crap isn’t worth the time and stress.

GS order is scheduled to deliver tomorrow for the amiibo, managed to snag my hail mary joy con purchases, too.  One set for me from Target, and another for the stepson from Gamestop (currently shows in stock btw)

GameStop had it up briefly. The entire time it was available I couldn’t add to cart. Glad I largely got out of Amiibos, jumping through hoops for this crap isn’t worth the time and stress.
You're the most sensible person I've seen online in awhile. There's no point in paying price gouged prices or having to set alarms or bots in order to buy these. If you can't just easily go into a store or online the first week or two and buy one normally then it's not worth the hassle

My Loftwing from BB should be here tomorrow. I was able to preorder the joycons at Target months ago, haven't shipped but say they'll be here next week. Will be really upset if they don't get fulfilled and they were able to put some up today.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Picked up my pre-order of the game today and they didn't receive any amiibo. The employee said none of the GameStop's in my area got any. They did have like 5 extra sets of joy cons that weren't for pre-orders but I already had a set coming from Amazon.

Man before Covid, Amiibo were already hard to find in-store.  Recently, I'm kind of surprised to occasionally see one or two at retailers. 

Figured by now, Nintendo would have gone the Amiibo card route.  Those knockoff cards/pogs are starting to look good, despite the high risk of getting defective NFC tags.

Man before Covid, Amiibo were already hard to find in-store. Recently, I'm kind of surprised to occasionally see one or two at retailers.

Figured by now, Nintendo would have gone the Amiibo card route. Those knockoff cards/pogs are starting to look good, despite the high risk of getting defective NFC tags.
You can make your own pretty easily

Man before Covid, Amiibo were already hard to find in-store. Recently, I'm kind of surprised to occasionally see one or two at retailers.

Figured by now, Nintendo would have gone the Amiibo card route. Those knockoff cards/pogs are starting to look good, despite the high risk of getting defective NFC tags.
Not gonna lie, I went that route for about half of the MHS1 amiibo. No way am I paying $200 for a tiny statue with an NFC chip in it. The only ones I bought actual figures for were Barioth and Rathalos+Male rider, because I was able to get them at retail early on.

The little plastic discs, though, cost me a whopping $10 for the full set, all worked, and actually are much easier to get the controller to read.

I got one of the PowerSaves a few years ago from Gamestop for $15 and have really enjoyed not having to stress over missing out on a limited release figure just to unlock some game content.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/toys-to-life/products/powersaves-amiibo-action-replay/10127307.html?condition=New

I use placiibo (iOS app) and NFC coins I got on AliExpress. I honestly have all the amiibo I use the coins for, but prefer using the coins as they are easier to keep up with/portable and use in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got one of the PowerSaves a few years ago from Gamestop for $15 and have really enjoyed not having to stress over missing out on a limited release figure just to unlock some game content.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/toys-to-life/products/powersaves-amiibo-action-replay/10127307.html?condition=New
I think at one point I had an older version of that device. The only difference is mine didn't come with a "hockey puck" and I couldn't get it to work with my old netbook.

A diff target by me has a stack of maybe 20 sanrio amiibo cards out. Can't figure out if these stores are randomly getting stock or finding them in the back as this is the second store I have seen restock the cards.

Time to go and be disappointed again when they don't have any. Would love to grab a pack for myself and my AC loving friend

EDIT: Like I figured, no one here got them. Super nice guy in electronics said he had been there all day and didn't see any with the stock or on the floor anytime recently. Said the system didn't show any incoming either for their store or any other stores nearby with current stock

Can one you guys scoop up the cards? I’d really like a couple packs for my daughter and wife. They both still play the game.

Grab a few, and PM me, please!

If I was someone who wanted to get some of those Mario superstar Amiibo cards what’s the best place to do that besides eBay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t bought an amiibo in years but I got a Loftwing order from BB earlier today. And I have a Ridley and Dark Sami’s preordered for Metroid Dread.

I guess I’m back?

Before Toys R Us died, I made a large purchase of amibos, taking advantage of a bunch of wacky sales and a 20% off everything coupon (credit card signup).

I just found them while cleaning.

I'm tempted to give them to nieces or nephews (they want them), but ... are older, sealed amibos ACTUALLY going for insane prices these days?  $5-$10 more than MSRP isn't worth the trouble, but are there any that are "really" valuable now?

...are older, sealed amibos ACTUALLY going for insane prices these days? $5-$10 more than MSRP isn't worth the trouble, but are there any that are "really" valuable now?
It really depends on which one they are. Not many are *REALLY* valuable but $30-$50 on some

It really depends on which one they are. Not many are *REALLY* valuable but $30-$50 on some
Is there anything like a viable price/rarity list out there? This is more of a "I'd feel dumb opening up a $60-$80 amiibo" thing, but I kind of feel like I should check before going through them and/or giving them away.

A have a lovely Kirby that wasn't seated properly in the box -- so he freely flys around in the plastic case. I doubt that's a valuable alternate, though! Heh.

Is there anything like a viable price/rarity list out there? This is more of a "I'd feel dumb opening up a $60-$80 amiibo" thing, but I kind of feel like I should check before going through them and/or giving them away.

A have a lovely Kirby that wasn't seated properly in the box -- so he freely flys around in the plastic case. I doubt that's a valuable alternate, though! Heh.
Corrin and Cloud pull big money.

My fav amiibos are Timmy Tommy (I got 2 boys IRL) and the Yarn Yoshis + Poochy. (Not a fan of the mega yoshi.. it's too big and just green!). Also, the 1st Monster Hunter Story riders are pretty cool looking amiibos.  :bouncy:

I don't have the fancy Metroid amiibo, but the random loose one I saw in-person was kinda squishy and looked uh... dirty?

During last summer, just like you I ended up finding all of mine in boxes in a closet and checked the price of like... a dozen and didn't find any over $30. I stopped collecting as the Super Mario Bros/Animal Crossing sets came out because it became too much and a lot of them were too hard to find... but it seems like most of the ones worth a decent bit are ones that came out after those earlier sets. But at least it seems like most of the ones I have, I could sell to at least get my money back even if you factor in inflation.

I just ordered a Loftwing amiibo from Best Buy. It was OOS for pickup at my store and OOS for shipping, but I was able to pick an alternate location and they're going to mail it to an Advance Auto Parts down the street from me? I have no freaking clue. We'll see what happens.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I just ordered a Loftwing amiibo from Best Buy. It was OOS for pickup at my store and OOS for shipping, but I was able to pick an alternate location and they're going to mail it to an Advance Auto Parts down the street from me? I have no freaking clue. We'll see what happens.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Up for shipping at Best Buy now.

Grabbed one! It was OOS just a few mins prior though so it appears to be going in and out of stock. Keep trying, comrades!

I got one in my cart today on Best Buy but by the time I loaded the cart and hit checkout it was oos. :(

bread's done
Back