amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anything like a viable price/rarity list out there? This is more of a "I'd feel dumb opening up a $60-$80 amiibo" thing, but I kind of feel like I should check before going through them and/or giving them away.

A have a lovely Kirby that wasn't seated properly in the box -- so he freely flys around in the plastic case. I doubt that's a valuable alternate, though! Heh.
They tend to be a poor investment long-term and only really spike around their release if there's scarcity. NFC tags keep their value low since they cost almost nothing.

Randomly checked Target and saw they were available, so I grabbed one real quick. Was able to order one from Amazon last night, for delivery in September, but Amiibos always come damaged from Amazon for me, so I was glad to get an order in at Target. They seem to do a much better job with shipping. Will keep the Amazon order as a backup for now.

Got mine in a box from BB.  God, I thought for the price this one would be larger sized, like the BoTW guardian or something. But it's the same generic size package as all the rest of them for twice the price. fml this crap is getting so insanely overpriced.

i ordered 2 to get free shipping. im glad it came in a big box. opened it up, they stuffed with air bubbles to the brim and both my amiibo cardbacking got damaged.

Got mine in a box from BB. God, I thought for the price this one would be larger sized, like the BoTW guardian or something. But it's the same generic size package as all the rest of them for twice the price. fml this crap is getting so insanely overpriced.
Well, people keep buying them so Nintendo will keep testing higher prices. Wouldn't be surprised if standard amiibo for BoTW2 starts at $29.99.

I don't collect amiibo. I think I have four in total. Picking this one up ONLY because Nintendo put an actual game feature behind it, and for a game I want to play.

Anyone ordering at BBY, FYI, they shipped mine in a bubble mailer. And yeah, it arrived pretty destroyed.
That's pretty typical for post-release at Best Buy. On release date, they ship from the warehouse for the most part, after release they most of the time ship from stores, which aren't as equipped for such things. But regardless, I got mine ship to store (shipping wasn't an option) and I open them anyways so as long as no figure damage, it's all good.

Mine arrived at my BB store a couple days early, it was completely undamaged.  Felt a little bad about immediately opening it given some that care about packaging got damaged ones, but it looks great with the other Zelda Amiibo.  I'm only missing Twilight Link and Smash Toon Link but not really willing to pay the premium these days for them.

Hopefully the Metroid Dread dual pack will be more available after release like this one.

Mine arrived at my BB store a couple days early, it was completely undamaged. Felt a little bad about immediately opening it given some that care about packaging got damaged ones, but it looks great with the other Zelda Amiibo. I'm only missing Twilight Link and Smash Toon Link but not really willing to pay the premium these days for them.

Hopefully the Metroid Dread dual pack will be more available after release like this one.
I was just about to post about my hope that the Metroid Dread amiibo follows suit. Was unable to secure preorders for that and Loftwing, but Loftwing has been much easier to get this week.

Just stopped by a random target (Grossmont in La Mesa, CA) and they had a full peg (20-30ish) of packs of Sanrio amiibo cards. Don’t know if it was a restock or not, they are remodeling some so might have found some in the back or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just stopped by a random target (Grossmont in La Mesa, CA) and they had a full peg (20-30ish) of packs of Sanrio amiibo cards. Don’t know if it was a restock or not, they are remodeling some so might have found some in the back or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
East Chula Vista/Eastlake had a bunch of packs in the glass case last week, so I'm pretty sure it's a restock given that they sold out on release day after attracting a line of 50+ people.

Yep, all GS near me have gotten 6-12 Loftwing Amiibos and 2-6 more Skyward Sword Joycons. Hopefully a sign of production getting back on track! I still need some Metroid Amiibos!  :oldman:

Finally found the Amiibo Cards at Targets, was able to grab a set for me and a friend. They had about 5 left and each pack was clamshelled in the front of the Nintendo aisle

Not really a deal (>2x MSRP...) , but Twilight Princess Link Amiibo (Import version for those that are really picky) is available for $36 on amazon right now for those with excess credit and looking to pickup that one last Zelda amiibo like me  :oldman:

heS9JPp.png

I've grabbed a couple on Amazon myself recently because eBay sellers were charging even more for a used one with 2+ week shipping than a new one with Prime lol

The OOT Link I got shot up like $25 in barely a month

Animal Crossing series 1-4 plus Sanrio amiibo are back at Target.  I was in Target this morning and an actual Nintendo rep was there putting the cards out and reorganizing the entire Nintendo area.  

bread's done
Back