amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point, where counterfeit Amiibo cards are starting to look good to me. I am honestly shocked NIntendo hasn't made Amiibo content as purchasable downloads from the e-Shop. 

Basically, digital Amiibo.  Then again, I haven't really been looking at the newest e-Shop offers. 

Amiibo are great shelf decorations, but take up way too much space.  Unless I'm doing it wrong, I just hang the sealed Amiibo on the wall with a pushpin or a nail. 

The loose ones, I thought about those clear display cases.  Still haven't found a clear case that is small enough to house a single loose Amiibo and is stack-able for a bookshelf. 

They would solve piracy but cannibalize Amiibo sales. Terrible proposition for them when the figures can still command high prices aftermarket making them typically sellout initially every time. Whenever a company refuses to do something it's because it's not lucrative.

A little surprised we didn't see a Wario reprint for the new Warioware game, and I'll take a car amiibo for Cruis'n Blast that comes out tomorrow. Yes, I realize I'd be the only sale on that.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more reprints of amiibo. But could be due to what's going on. In the world or just nintendo being nintendo lol

I actually found series 2 and 4 Animal Crossing amiibo cards today at a Target in NH while i was camping. Bought the 3 packs they had left. Guy told me they got random boxes of them

I actually found series 2 and 4 Animal Crossing amiibo cards today at a Target in NH while i was camping. Bought the 3 packs they had left. Guy told me they got random boxes of them
Series 1-4 AC amiibo cards are actually available for shipping now on the Target website.

Looks like the bots broke Best Buy's system. Target's site isn't faring too much better, either.

I know it's a pipe dream considering this is Metroid we're talking about, but I really hope that they give this the Loftwing treatment and it becomes way more accessible down the line.

Looks like the bots broke Best Buy's system. Target's site isn't faring too much better, either.

I know it's a pipe dream considering this is Metroid we're talking about, but I really hope that they give this the Loftwing treatment and it becomes way more accessible down the line.
While my PC sat on "please wait", my phone was able to get in and purchase no issue...

What are the chances the scalpers learned their lesson on the Loftwing amiibo and leave the Metroid amiibo alone?  :cold:

At this point, where counterfeit Amiibo cards are starting to look good to me. I am honestly shocked NIntendo hasn't made Amiibo content as purchasable downloads from the e-Shop.

Basically, digital Amiibo. Then again, I haven't really been looking at the newest e-Shop offers.

Amiibo are great shelf decorations, but take up way too much space. Unless I'm doing it wrong, I just hang the sealed Amiibo on the wall with a pushpin or a nail.

The loose ones, I thought about those clear display cases. Still haven't found a clear case that is small enough to house a single loose Amiibo and is stack-able for a bookshelf.
It’s pretty easy to do. I have several that I made myself, bought the NFC coins off Aliexpress and used an app called placiibo on my iPhone to write the data to the coins. I use them more for convenience, I have my amiibo on display in the basement/man cave so these coins allow me to use the amiibo functionality anytime I want. As far as the morality of it, I only use the amiibo coins of the ones I physically own. But I’m not about to judge someone for wanting access to in game content that Nintendo puts behind a (sometimes) rare, plastic paywall. You do you, I say. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was cleaning my house last night and found a bunch of limited edition amiibo (Colored Mario’s, Classic Mario, etc) in my closet. Is eBay the best way to check how much they’re worth?

I was cleaning my house last night and found a bunch of limited edition amiibo (Colored Mario’s, Classic Mario, etc) in my closet. Is eBay the best way to check how much they’re worth?
That's what I use. Threw my old Metroid 2 pack up there actually!

Looks like Gamestops near me have a few extra amiibos - I picked an extra one up to put on the shelf. 

Gamestop website has them in stock as well - so looks like they won't be too rare!  :beer:

Posting this here as I know many of you are mint in box collectors - I plan to open my amiibos but man BBY shipped my Dread SE in a large bubble mailer and it got beat to crap. Have any of y’all tried to return / exchange something like this? I’m SOL right?

I absolutely returned my Metroid Dread Special Edition to Best Buy. The bottom half was completely damaged because they shipped in a bubble mailer. I was able to find a much better one at Gamestop.

I am glad I woke up just in time the night of release and ordered Metroid SE. I only had the choice of store pickup (it was an hour after it was available online), but it is mint. I am glad I did not order for shipping as these posts sound all too familiar with the bubble mailers and dented games. 

But I was not so lucky getting the Metroid Amiibo 2 pack. Still looking for that one and no place has it. 

Got 1 dread amiibo from best buy. Shipped perfectly. Ordered a backup from target just in case and it arrived today. They folded it in half to fit it in the small box so anyone getting it from target and wants it mint is probably screwed. Hopefully target had some larger boxes.

Whats with the jacked up amiibos lately. seems like every recent release since monster hunter the bottoms corners are bent to hell. I ordered 3 amiibos from gs and they all have fucked corners. I dont care too much about one of them as Im going to open it but I keep another sealed. Terrible quality

Might be a small part of orders getting jacked up amiibos due to box size

My MH Rise amiibos that had 1 of each in the shipping box were minty fresh along with my Dread amiibo

Wish the Dread Amiibo wasn’t a double pack. Would have preferred to buy Samus by
her
self for half the price.
Guarantee that everyone knows that Samus is female, given this Smash Bros character:

nintendo_nvlcaabf_zero_suit_samus_amiibo_1175337.jpg

Well my metroid dread amiibo came from target and someone wanted to be ace ventura and the amiibo top portion was bent over, there are minor tears and no protection inside the box. Target seriously sucks at shipping

[attachment=36225:16344260402729180743136179559819.jpg]

Decided to roll the dice on Magnamalo to see if I could get an upgrade in condition vs the one I have on the shelf now... nope. Guess which corner was dented?

Da1FHAl.jpg
I'm curious, did you pay the extra $5.99 shipping for it or get something with it for free shipping?

Went to return/exchange the dinged Magnamalo and it turned out the store had the full Rise set - so picked up the other two for the shelf. Supposedly the stories amiibos will be getting a restock before EOY as well for those still looking. 

RswieFe.png

My box of two Rise amiibos made its way from the fulfillment center in Texas to southern Maine in five days without being dented. Going to use the pristine box for other things.

They include your shipper's name on the packing slip, so you guys could always complain if you felt strongly enough about it. Other than that, it's probably local FedEx couriers doing this to your package:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYrydCWuzZI

bread's done
Back