amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the Target I went to this morning. There is no limit on the Amiibo cards. at this store. [attachment=36803:ABBD9008-9135-4262-8E12-F40D372DDE75.jpeg]

I've been out of the loop on Amiibo since 2020.  Why would anyone hoard these Animal Crossing cards, are they like Pokemon cards where there's a rare Amiibo card or something?

Okay finally finished opening all my packs, went a bit splurge crazy but I'm pretty happy. I got.....

72/100 Series 1
70/100 Series 2
79/100 Series 3
77/100 Series 4
38/48 Series 5

If anyone is looking for trades hit me up, I have a fuckton of dupes, and I'd like to finish Set 5 without buying more packs because I only need the rares. Hit a handful of the rarer villagers I plan to sell to subsidize the cost a bit (Like Ankha and Erik)

I want to grab a few pack of each series but feel like my son and I would fall down that rabbit hole and want to collect them all.

Grabbed 4 of each series at a local Target yesterday.  1 pack of each series for me and each of my 3 kids.  Thanks for the head up guys!

Okay finally finished opening all my packs, went a bit splurge crazy but I'm pretty happy. I got.....

72/100 Series 1
70/100 Series 2
79/100 Series 3
77/100 Series 4
38/48 Series 5

If anyone is looking for trades hit me up, I have a fuckton of dupes, and I'd like to finish Set 5 without buying more packs because I only need the rares. Hit a handful of the rarer villagers I plan to sell to subsidize the cost a bit (Like Ankha and Erik)
I know I bought my wife a bunch of packs the past couple restocks I’ll see if I can figure out which ones she needs but definitely have a ton of dupes

With the phrase "Coming Soon", I don't think it had an open pre-order yet.
Ordinarily true, but Best Buy also uses that for products that went up for preorder and sold out, but may be restocked on or around release date. In this case, I don't believe it was ever available.

Glad to be able to cancel my Amazon JP order with like $20 shipping. Hoping the Monster Hunter amiibos are this easy to get, but I know damn well we are gonna get Nintendo'd (Just like on the Nintendo Store exclusive Xenoblade 3 SE)

So I stopped into Target the other day to check out what deals they have on PS5 games and experienced what could be the WORST neckbeard encounter to date.  So there I am walking to the PS5 aisle and I hear shouting from the next aisle over, which is the aisle with the Amiibos.   Here’s how the conversation went down:

Voice 1: I saw it first.  The Samus/E.M.M.I pack is mine!

Voice 2: Fine, I’m picking up Steve and Alex then and also Zelda & Loftwing!

Voice 1: No you aren’t you don’t even have enough money!

Voice 2: Yes I do, mom said that if I cleaned the basement, I could get an extra $20 which I did!

Voice 1: No you didn’t, she said that if I did my own laundry this week, that the extra allowance money was mine!

Voice 2: Nope, see for yourself. (assuming he pulled out a $20 bill)

Voice 1: That’s bull crap, well I’m getting $20 from mom also then for the laundry!

At this point, my own curiosity overwhelmed me so I walk over to the next aisle and what I saw was probably one of the most frightening sights I’ve ever seen in a public store.  So these neckbeards were twins right, no less than 35 years old with matching fedoras!  I kid you not.  And these things were worn.  I’m talking WORN.  Both of these fedoras looked like catcher’s mitts from the very first world series of baseball!  So to complete the image so that you can see where I’m coming from here, the first neckbeard had on a Zelda shirt that had the logo from the original NES Zelda with the phrase “Push Start Button”, the other neckbeard, his twin, had a red shirt with Mario on it, with the caption “Game Changer”.   The Zelda shirt had some orange stains on it, what looked to be Cheetos and the Mario shirt that his twin was wearing had a big hole in the shoulder area.  The entire isle smelled like a boys gym locker room.  They continued on as if I wasn’t even in the aisle:

Voice 1: Oh wait what’s this hiding back here.  “oh wow it’s KIRBY!!”   

Voice 2: It’s mine, I saw it first!

Voice 1: No you didn’t finders keepers!

At that very moment some lady comes around the corner with her hands on her shoulders.  She looked to be about 400 lbs, and had a tattoo of a boat anchor on her arm.  I’m thinking to myself “oh here we go, these guys are in trouble now!  Target security just showed up!”  Instead, this is what happened:

400 lb scary looking woman: Theodore, Bartholomew….. PUT THOSE TOYS DOWN THIS INSTANT!  I SAID NO VIDEO GAME TOYS!  I’ve been waiting in the car for 30 minutes.  I told you to come in here and get some deodorant, some shampoo, and 3 packs of double stuffed Oreos!  I don’t see ANY of that in your cart.  Maybe it’s because you don’t even have a f’ing cart!  Put that stuff back right now, and get in the car!

Voice 1: But mom, you said if I did my own laundry you would give me $20.  And now I find out you gave Teddy $20 for cleaning the basement?  What gives?

400 lb scary looking woman:  I NEVER SAID ANYTHING OF THE SORT! PUT THOSE DOWN, WE ARE LEAVING!

Then she grabbed each one by the ear and dragged them away, both of them not saying a single word.

Just as she was dragging them away, a store worker walks over asking what all the fuss is about.  I motion him over and explain the situation.  I’m like hey there, can I just pay for this game and gtfo of here before something worse happens?  He nods, a little startled after hearing what just went down.  I pay for the game…. and left the store fearing for the worst.

Watch yourselves out there boys. It’s a scary time.  Not one neckbeard this time but TWO!  And twins at that. Grown man-children living in their mother's basement no doubt, most likely enabled by their parents for their entire lives. 

Check your six, and be cautious when going anywhere near Amiibos in public.  Best to just order online from the safety of your home.  Stay safe fellas.  Your nose, ears and eyes will thank you for it.  

My Sunbreak amiibos just shipped from Amazon Japan and should be here by the end of the week. With the weak yen right now, all three plus international shipping ended up costing about as much as GameStop has been charging for the last couple Monster Hunter releases.

So I stopped into Target the other day to check out what deals they have on PS5 games and experienced what could be the WORST neckbeard encounter to date. So there I am walking to the PS5 aisle and I hear shouting from the next aisle over, which is the aisle with the Amiibos. Here’s how the conversation went down:

Voice 1: I saw it first. The Samus/E.M.M.I pack is mine!

Voice 2: Yes I do, mom said that if I cleaned the basement, I could get an extra $20 which I did!

Voice 1: No you didn’t, she said that if I did my own laundry this week, that the extra allowance money was mine!

Voice 1: That’s bull crap, well I’m getting $20 from mom also then for the laundry!

At this point, my own curiosity overwhelmed me so I walk over to the next aisle and what I saw was probably one of the most frightening sights I’ve ever seen in a public store. So these neckbeards were twins right, no less than 35 years old with matching fedoras! I kid you not. And these things were worn. I’m talking WORN. Both of these fedoras looked like catcher’s mitts from the very first world series of baseball! So to complete the image so that you can see where I’m coming from here, the first neckbeard had on a Zelda shirt that had the logo from the original NES Zelda with the phrase “Push Start Button”, the other neckbeard, his twin, had a red shirt with Mario on it, with the caption “Game Changer”. The Zelda shirt had some orange stains on it, what looked to be Cheetos and the Mario shirt that his twin was wearing had a big hole in the shoulder area. The entire isle smelled like a boys gym locker room. They continued on as if I wasn’t even in the aisle:

Voice 1: Oh wait what’s this hiding back here. “oh wow it’s KIRBY!!”

At that very moment some lady comes around the corner with her hands on her shoulders. She looked to be about 400 lbs, and had a tattoo of a boat anchor on her arm. I’m thinking to myself “oh here we go, these guys are in trouble now! Target security just showed up!” Instead, this is what happened:

400 lb scary looking woman: Theodore, Bartholomew….. PUT THOSE TOYS DOWN THIS INSTANT! I SAID NO VIDEO GAME TOYS! I’ve been waiting in the car for 30 minutes. I told you to come in here and get some deodorant, some shampoo, and 3 packs of double stuffed Oreos! I don’t see ANY of that in your cart. Maybe it’s because you don’t even have a f’ing cart! Put that stuff back right now, and get in the car!

Voice 1: But mom, you said if I did my own laundry you would give me $20. And now I find out you gave Teddy $20 for cleaning the basement? What gives?

400 lb scary looking woman: I NEVER SAID ANYTHING OF THE SORT! PUT THOSE DOWN, WE ARE LEAVING!

Then she grabbed each one by the ear and dragged them away, both of them not saying a single word.

Just as she was dragging them away, a store worker walks over asking what all the fuss is about. I motion him over and explain the situation. I’m like hey there, can I just pay for this game and gtfo of here before something worse happens? He nods, a little startled after hearing what just went down. I pay for the game…. and left the store fearing for the worst.

Watch yourselves out there boys. It’s a scary time. Not one neckbeard this time but TWO! And twins at that. Grown man-children living in their mother's basement no doubt, most likely enabled by their parents for their entire lives.

Check your six, and be cautious when going anywhere near Amiibos in public. Best to just order online from the safety of your home. Stay safe fellas. Your nose, ears and eyes will thank you for it.
Glad you saw me at Target, bro! Say, can you grab that Kirby amiibo? I've done laundry since then so I have enough cash for it, but Mom won't drive me back to Target for it. :(

So I stopped into Target the other day to check out what deals they have on PS5 games and experienced what could be the WORST neckbeard encounter to date. So there I am walking to the PS5 aisle and I hear shouting from the next aisle over, which is the aisle with the Amiibos. Here’s how the conversation went down:

Voice 1: I saw it first. The Samus/E.M.M.I pack is mine!

At this point, my own curiosity overwhelmed me so I walk over to the next aisle and what I saw was probably one of the most frightening sights I’ve ever seen in a public store. So these neckbeards were twins right, no less than 35 years old with matching fedoras! I kid you not. And these things were worn. I’m talking WORN. Both of these fedoras looked like catcher’s mitts from the very first world series of baseball! So to complete the image so that you can see where I’m coming from here, the first neckbeard had on a Zelda shirt that had the logo from the original NES Zelda with the phrase “Push Start Button”, the other neckbeard, his twin, had a red shirt with Mario on it, with the caption “Game Changer”. The Zelda shirt had some orange stains on it, what looked to be Cheetos and the Mario shirt that his twin was wearing had a big hole in the shoulder area. The entire isle smelled like a boys gym locker room. They continued on as if I wasn’t even in the aisle:

Voice 1: Oh wait what’s this hiding back here. “oh wow it’s KIRBY!!”

At that very moment some lady comes around the corner with her hands on her shoulders. She looked to be about 400 lbs, and had a tattoo of a boat anchor on her arm. I’m thinking to myself “oh here we go, these guys are in trouble now! Target security just showed up!” Instead, this is what happened:

400 lb scary looking woman: Theodore, Bartholomew….. PUT THOSE TOYS DOWN THIS INSTANT! I SAID NO VIDEO GAME TOYS! I’ve been waiting in the car for 30 minutes. I told you to come in here and get some deodorant, some shampoo, and 3 packs of double stuffed Oreos! I don’t see ANY of that in your cart. Maybe it’s because you don’t even have a f’ing cart! Put that stuff back right now, and get in the car!

Voice 1: But mom, you said if I did my own laundry you would give me $20. And now I find out you gave Teddy $20 for cleaning the basement? What gives?

400 lb scary looking woman: I NEVER SAID ANYTHING OF THE SORT! PUT THOSE DOWN, WE ARE LEAVING!

Just as she was dragging them away, a store worker walks over asking what all the fuss is about. I motion him over and explain the situation. I’m like hey there, can I just pay for this game and gtfo of here before something worse happens? He nods, a little startled after hearing what just went down. I pay for the game…. and left the store fearing for the worst.

Watch yourselves out there boys. It’s a scary time. Not one neckbeard this time but TWO! And twins at that. Grown man-children living in their mother's basement no doubt, most likely enabled by their parents for their entire lives.

Check your six, and be cautious when going anywhere near Amiibos in public. Best to just order online from the safety of your home. Stay safe fellas. Your nose, ears and eyes will thank you for it.
Did this happen in Florida?

"At that very moment some lady comes around the corner with her hands on her shoulders.  She looked to be about 400 lbs, and had a tattoo of a boat anchor on her arm.  I’m thinking to myself “oh here we go, these guys are in trouble now!  Target security just showed up!”  Instead, this is what happened:

400 lb scary looking woman: Theodore, Bartholomew….. PUT THOSE TOYS DOWN THIS INSTANT!  I SAID NO VIDEO GAME TOYS!  I’ve been waiting in the car for 30 minutes.  I told you to come in here and get some deodorant, some shampoo, and 3 packs of double stuffed Oreos!  I don’t see ANY of that in your cart.  Maybe it’s because you don’t even have a f’ing cart!  Put that stuff back right now, and get in the car!"

Are you sure the 400lb lady wasn't a Target model?

New Splatoon 3 amiibo announced. Release this holiday season

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/1557366438423396356?t=hIVNez4hJfGp_E71cq7wZQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/amiiboAlerts/status/1557363877846757377?t=pgobccfTCeYpfiPyIolELA&s=19

Targets have the reprints of the Callie & Marie Amiibo in store.  They may not be out but someone in electronics should be able to get one out of the back (or from the cage in my case).  They are using the old release date so there is nothing to prevent selling them. My receipt says the DCPI is 207041643.  

Gotcha!
I'll give it a shot.
I've wanted calle and Marie since the release date.
I worked at GameStop and had them reserved.
A customer wanted them and I let them buy it thinking I'd get one the next shipment.
There never was another shipment lol

bread's done
Back