Amiibos Currently Available and for Pre-order. Wave 4 announced *Do not post trades here!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJunior195

CAGiversary!
This warning goes for everyone but especially the cag in training/newbies.

Use the report button if anyone repeatedly violates any of the above.
If there are any sales or important updates, message me so I can post it on the first page rather than people scrolling through every page.
Ill keep the list updated for new amiibos and when they are on sale.
The average cost for the Amiibos are usually priced at $12.99.
Toys R Us
*None
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=bfbogoamiibo&keywords=bfbogoamiibo&origkw=bfbogoamiibo&sr=1
Best Buy
*GCU - 20% off
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/amiibo-wave-1-129222

Gohasting

http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/search_all.cmd?form_state=global-search-form-form&keywords=amiibos&search-button.x=0&search-button.y=0&search-button=true&productType=0&query=&form_state=siteSearchForm&department=AllSearch&departmentName=AllSearch&dynamic=&search=true&source=global&condition=0

Target

*Tracker
http://brickseek.com/sets/target_inventory
Wave 1
207-00-5001 - Mario
207-00-5002 - Pikachu
207-00-5003 - Link
207-00-5004 - Peach
207-00-5005 - Yoshi
207-00-5006 - Donkey Kong
207-00-5007 - Kirby
207-00-5008 - Villager
207-00-5009 - Fox
207-00-5010 - Samus
207-00-5011 - Marth
207-00-5012 - Wii Fit Trainer
Wave 2
207-00-5013 - Luigi
207-00-5014 - Zelda
207-00-5015 - Little Mac
207-00-5016 - Diddy Kong
207-00-5017 - Pit
207-00-5018 - Captain Falcon
*None
http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=amiibos&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_amiibos
Gamestop

*None
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibos,28zu0
Walmart
*None
http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=amiibos

Updates

* There would be reprints for Marth in the upcoming months

* Wave 4 amiibos announced

B7UPexZIUAA5gRl.png

* A new set of amiibos would be available for the Super Mario

B7UPmCMIMAAi1HR.png

Exclusives [2/2015]
Lucario [Toys R Us Exclusive]
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54369136&cp=&parentPage=search
_lrH7VVPKTKAXTiCdd1R8Dcx-Emp5TMQ.png

Shulk [Gamestop Exclusive]
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/shulk-amiibo-figure-gamestop-exclusive/118681?affid=9797%26cid=ppc_60000004&u1=7240463.38-1012976
DCM0pGkZEV1nlOWgx-PpxcU_JnaORLNG.png

Meta Knight [Best Buy Exclusive]
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-meta-knight-multi/1375009.p?id=1219489217565&skuId=1375009&productCategoryId=pcmcat306400050032&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-Hw7UDBCoIhfOJkja3R_y6g
bpL072E86FmMX9R5dBvxCNappm5X1-cm.png

Rosalina and Luma [Target Exclusive]
*Currently not live for pre-order
http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-amiibo-rosalina-luma-tgt-ex/-/A-16811585#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=rosalina+amiibo
UPWu9Hs43URr1uIPCpbUMegdXYIa0FkS.png

Wave 1: Currently Available
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
The Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor
Wave 2 [12/14/2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Pre-order
Wave 3 [2/2015]
Mega Man
Sonic
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
King Dedede
Ike

Wave 4 [Spring/2015]

Robin

Lucina

Ness

PacMan

Charizard

Wario

Wave 5(?) [3/2015]

Mario

Peach

Luigi

Bowser

Yoshi

Toad

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a local store reporting Wii Fit Trainer and another store showing Captain Falcon.  

Store with Captain Falcon is supposed to call me when they find them.  (Spoke to someone in customer service who had no idea what they were, so she was very helpful.)   

Store with Wii Fit Trainer is saying I need to call back to see when they find them.  (Spoke to someone in electronics who didn't really care about life.)  

Both stores showed zero on their inventory tracker last night, so I'm hopeful for both, but keeping my hopes low.  

Stock locator was a total bust for me last night.  Check 3 different stores, and none of the Amigos I thought I would be able to get were available.  Such a waste of gas.

Anyone think it's funny how Nintendo manufactures 500,000,000 Marios and Links but doesn't come close to making enough Marths or Pits or Diddy Kongs to satisfy even 1/4 the market when people are going crazy over these things?
Demand is exaggerated right now. 90% of the people who want Marth right now don't actually want Marth and wouldn't have bought him under any other circumstance. Just look through this thread and see how many people misspell his name (Mark, Martha, Matt, etc.) - it's clear people are interested in the rarity and not the character himself. Nintendo made just enough.

Demand is exaggerated right now. 90% of the people who want Marth right now don't actually want Marth and wouldn't have bought him under any other circumstance. Just look through this thread and see how many people misspell his name (Mark, Martha, Matt, etc.) - it's clear people are interested in the rarity and not the character himself. Nintendo made just enough.
You're drunk, I've wanted a Bort Sampson doll from the beginning.

Does anyone know what is going on with Lil' Mac at Best Buy from a pre-order? I went in on Friday, when they confirmed Thurs morning that it would be ready. Wait there 30 minutes for them to tell me it must be on the truck they had just got in and to come back either later that night or the next day. During this time there was confusion about if this was released. They put the SKU in RSS and out of all the stores, only two showed having one each. So the release date cop-out was a bust. I did go back later and they said they hadn't unloaded the truck, this time they took my name and number and said they would call.

Go back Saturday, late, like 9:30pm, same lady from the day before. "Did we call you sir?" "No, but I figured you would have unloaded that truck by now!?" Looks around for it, calls the wharehouse. "We don't have it sir, but it shows it's 'In transit', we just don't know when we'll get it, maybe 2 days." So I leave. This morning, I get an email reminding me my order is ready for pick up. I'm just scared that they might not get it in before the order expires. I am thinking about calling the 1800 number. I cannot find the MyBB Elite Plus hotline number b/c I can't find my card, and surprisingly its not on some forum on the interwebs.

ARGH!

Probably true...but a number of those "Marth" misspellings could be due to auto-corrects.

I sure hope so. If I'm still unable to get one after say... the next 4-6 months, then there's definitely still an actual demand that isn't being supplied.

I was lucky enough to get the only Little Mac at the best buy when they opened on Friday. I had been in that same store on the 14th and they had a whole shipment if them in but couldn't sell them because of the hard release date in the system. Found out that because stores has a "stock" of the figures and the warehouse was having trouble filling orders that the stores were instructed to send them back. Hense extreme shortage on release date.

Does anyone know what is going on with Lil' Mac at Best Buy from a pre-order? I went in on Friday, when they confirmed Thurs morning that it would be ready. Wait there 30 minutes for them to tell me it must be on the truck they had just got in and to come back either later that night or the next day. During this time there was confusion about if this was released. They put the SKU in RSS and out of all the stores, only two showed having one each. So the release date cop-out was a bust. I did go back later and they said they hadn't unloaded the truck, this time they took my name and number and said they would call.

Go back Saturday, late, like 9:30pm, same lady from the day before. "Did we call you sir?" "No, but I figured you would have unloaded that truck by now!?" Looks around for it, calls the wharehouse. "We don't have it sir, but it shows it's 'In transit', we just don't know when we'll get it, maybe 2 days." So I leave. This morning, I get an email reminding me my order is ready for pick up. I'm just scared that they might not get it in before the order expires. I am thinking about calling the 1800 number. I cannot find the MyBB Elite Plus hotline number b/c I can't find my card, and surprisingly its not on some forum on the interwebs.

ARGH!
Mine was available on Friday for pick up. Went in on friday to get it, had no problems.

Have not been keeping up with this thread at all but I found some new amiibos in IL.

Rosemont target had a couple of diddys and a bunch of Zelda's.

Fye in the woodfield mall had Zelda's.

There was that article that suggests that cards will be available to purchase that'll work the same way as the figures.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/19/discontinued-amiibo-could-be-released-in-card-form

Nobody wants your damn cards nintendo. It seems half of the people collecting them don't even want to play with the figures, we want them because they look cool
I have zero desire for a card. I honestly believe their cards would collect dust on a shelf.

Anyone think it's funny how Nintendo manufactures 500,000,000 Marios and Links but doesn't come close to making enough Marths or Pits or Diddy Kongs to satisfy even 1/4 the market when people are going crazy over these things?
Not in the least. They made the most of their most popular characters that will have use in multiple games. They didn't anticipate the hoarding and collecting though of the figures that will have limited use from more obscure properties. Diddy excepted, of course, but Tropical Freeze didn't do all that well, so a sequel with Amiibo functionality probably isn't high on their list. And if they ever make a WiiU Animal Crossing, nothing is preventing them from running a new line of Villagers (or any figure for that matter if they revisit the property).

Not in the least. They made the most of their most popular characters that will have use in multiple games. They didn't anticipate the hoarding and collecting though of the figures that will have limited use from more obscure properties. Diddy excepted, of course, but Tropical Freeze didn't do all that well, so a sequel with Amiibo functionality probably isn't high on their list. And if they ever make a WiiU Animal Crossing, nothing is preventing them from running a new line of Villagers (or any figure for that matter if they revisit the property).
I think these figures are a waste of money and will not buy them but it's interesting watching grown ass men lose their shit over them. Defpally is right - frankly if they made as many of these rare figures as they did Mario then there would be very little demand for them. The only reason people are buying and hoarding them is because they believe them to be rare. Now Nintendo will think there's huge demand for them and mass produce them. The value will be destroyed and the hoarders will dump their depreciating "investments" and flood the market with them further reducing the value.

Nintendo is pretty good about not over producing to keep their values high. I think well see more marth wii fit and villagers after the holidays but not a ton

Nintendo is pretty good about not over producing to keep their values high. I think well see more marth wii fit and villagers after the holidays but not a ton
I don't think they will and if they did it would be a bad idea. They'll kill a lot of the collector/reseller market. The only reason half the people buying them even want them is because of perceived rarity. If we could walk into any Walmart any given day and get any of them, they wouldn't be selling for shit imo.

There was that article that suggests that cards will be available to purchase that'll work the same way as the figures.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/19/discontinued-amiibo-could-be-released-in-card-form

Nobody wants your damn cards nintendo. It seems half of the people collecting them don't even want to play with the figures, we want them because they look cool
I know. First they want us to buy toys, now they want us to buy cards, who do Nintendo think they are, Darth Vader?

9fde09e26c52bb0d7307e7b2c005450d79f79db8d05f4e669170d96c36bb5cda.jpg

If these were just collectible figures, I could see Nintendo not producing more. But since they are supposed to be a functional part of (some of) their video games, it would be ridiculous to not make more, regardless of anyone's perceived (or actual) rarity of them. Boo hoo to all the scalpers and hoarders if they make more. I just want the full set, and I won't be paying more than the retail price for any figure.

Why not boycott the cards (yes I know people will still buy) if nintendo decides to move forward with it. I'm sure they will see some decline in Amiibo sales.

If these were just collectible figures, I could see Nintendo not producing more. But since they are supposed to be a functional part of (some of) their video games, it would be ridiculous to not make more, regardless of anyone's perceived (or actual) rarity of them. Boo hoo to all the scalpers and hoarders if they make more. I just want the full set, and I won't be paying more than the retail price for any figure.
Given that Wii U sales are weak and have been until now, Nintendo is probably looking to see what the demand for the product is in the upcoming year. It would not surprise me that this could be a one/two print deal, especially if the figures are slated only for specific games (which 1/2 of them have already been released). The masses definitely got in on these late, which is what's driving this demand sky-high. With resellers looking in to cash in during the holidays, you get an additional markup. If you ask me, I don't think there will be any additional reprints, WYSIWYG until perhaps the next-gen console. The only exception I'm thinking of would be a pokemon game and that makes all the sense in the world to release additional amiibos, specifically for that game.

That being said... I wished Rosalina was more available, it's the only one i could not pre-order in time.

I don't think they will and if they did it would be a bad idea. They'll kill a lot of the collector/reseller market. The only reason half the people buying them even want them is because of perceived rarity. If we could walk into any Walmart any given day and get any of them, they wouldn't be selling for shit imo.
Not sure I understand why it would bother Nintendo to "kill" the reseller market. They get absolutely nothing out of that guy who sells a Marth for 60 bucks.

Lego is plagued with resellers trying to hoard and make a profit from their lego sets because the sets always retire within 2-3 years. Their corporation hates resellers, and will literally ban people who buy too many of the same sets from lego stores, claiming "lego is for the children", etc.

I'm not saying Nintendo can or will do this with amiibos, but I dont think they care for resellers as it isnt a good business strategy in the long run to make everything so limited and unavailable to the genera public like the soccer moms.

Yes, I think they'll make more,. especially based on their statements.

Making more won't kill the collectability of these figures, just the resell value. If half the people are buying these as "investments" then they're doing it wrong. Buy some gold.

I think the cards are a great idea from a player's standpoint. While I'm only getting my favorite figures (Samus, Pit, Mega Man, and maybe Toon Link), I would definitely pick up the whole card set for game play purposes. Assuming they are much cheaper than the figures, that is.

Toys R Us here in Hayward, CA has no new stock. Only wave 1 commons. Might be a repeat of Friday where Target and the like get shipments of new figures around or after lunch time from UPS/FedEx deliveries. Should I go to target or gamestop at 8am for opening and try my luck for Pit?

So, I just got back from FYE and they had received 2 Pit's and 2 Captain Falcons via Fedex on Sunday.  I picked up both Captain Falcon's (one for trade and one for me.)  Both Pit's sold within a few minute of the box being opened, he said.   

Yes, I think they'll make more,. especially based on their statements.
their statement was that they are going to replace the old amiibos with cards. They are not going to make more.

You guys do know that in europe marth, villager and wii fit trainer are commons right? Nintendo didn't make things rare on purpose, they just hate North America and all of their supply/focus is on japan/europe.

I think the cards are a great idea from a player's standpoint. While I'm only getting my favorite figures (Samus, Pit, Mega Man, and maybe Toon Link), I would definitely pick up the whole card set for game play purposes. Assuming they are much cheaper than the figures, that is.
Yeah, I think the point is that since these provide some functionality in games, if that's all people are worried about missing out on when the amiibo are sold out, cards would fulfill that need. If they make them nice enough, there will still be some collectability to them, but not to the same degree.

How many people are actually searching for their first of an amiibo? Seems like most people here are trying to get multiple ones for various reasons.

Inventory checker said Oxford valley target had 3 WFT, no dice. But guy working didn't physically check because his pda said discontinued. I had friendly competition from a customer today, was it any of you? ;)

3 gamestops, no new figures besides Zelda.

Best buy, nada.

Toys r us's, nothing new, but I made one last stop through Franklin mills on my way home and 2 FedEx trucks were unloading new stuff into the store so there's a chance that a few 'bos were being delivered.

Christ, what have I become...
I'm a amiibo crack head

Inventory checker said Oxford valley target had 3 WFT, no dice. But guy working didn't physically check because his pda said discontinued. I had friendly competition from a customer today, was it any of you? ;)
I just had that same response from one store. The inventory tracker had them at zero yesterday, but today they show two. Tempted to go to the store to find out if they do have it.

their statement was that they are going to replace the old amiibos with cards. They are not going to make more.

You guys do know that in europe marth, villager and wii fit trainer are commons right? Nintendo didn't make things rare on purpose, they just hate North America and all of their supply/focus is on japan/europe.
Or it's because retailer orders for Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer were low because they knew those would be the least desired figures.... and they would be right. Some are confusing a lack of availability with popularity. If a huge movie is playing in 8 half full theaters and a smaller independent movie is playing in one 100 seat theater and sells out a show, is it more popular because it sold out? There isn't greater demand for these three rare figures. If Nintendo were to produce another run of them for North America, they'd be stuck with them.

Not sure I understand why it would bother Nintendo to "kill" the reseller market. They get absolutely nothing out of that guy who sells a Marth for 60 bucks.

I'm not saying Nintendo can or will do this with amiibos, but I dont think they care for resellers as it isnt a good business strategy in the long run to make everything so limited and unavailable to the genera public like the soccer moms.
There's a balance and trade-off Nintendo needs to make here for the niche figures. They cant just say, "well, WFT is out of stock, so let's just print 500 more of these." The manufactured will undoubtedly have a minimum number to produce and (let's say it's 5000) if Nintendo doesn't believe they can sell 5000 more of these things, they wont print them. It makes very little sense to have these things sitting on shelves unbought, purely on the premise that they should be widely available to the customer. Instead, if they produce a limited amount, as they have now, and they all sell out, then they can maximize their profits. Of course, they want some amiibos out there so that consumers know they exist, so faces of the franchise, mario, pikachu, link will always be in abundance just for advertisement.

How many people are actually searching for their first of an amiibo? Seems like most people here are trying to get multiple ones for various reasons.
I'm only buying singles and leaving them in box (the packaging is too nice!). Still trying to find a US Villager. I had one in my hands at a GameStop when they launched and the eyes were messed up, so I didn't buy it thinking I could find a better paint job when they restocked haha. If my preorders hold I'll have a Captain Falcon, Shulk, Mega Man, and Toon Link, so my only real needs are Pit and Villager.

Not interested in collecting them all, either. I'm currently at Samus, Fox, Little Mac, and Pikachu. I'll probably grab a Kirby at some point too. Smash Bros. has been great for getting figures of Nintendo characters that probably wouldn't ever get figures otherwise.

http://brickseek.com/sets/target_inventory

Wave 1
207-00-5001 - Mario
207-00-5002 - Pikachu
207-00-5003 - Link
207-00-5004 - Peach
207-00-5005 - Yoshi
207-00-5006 - Donkey Kong
207-00-5007 - Kirby
207-00-5008 - Villager
207-00-5009 - Fox
207-00-5010 - Samus
207-00-5011 - Marth
207-00-5012 - Wii Fit Trainer
Wave 2
207-00-5013 - Luigi
207-00-5014 - Zelda
207-00-5015 - Little Mac
207-00-5016 - Diddy Kong
207-00-5017 - Pit
207-00-5018 - Captain Falcon

Credit to the OP, not me :)
Give credit where credit's due, man. That's the one I linked from (and credited to) /r/amiibo a couple of days ago. I even quoted you when I first posted it (I think). .

Or it's because retailer orders for Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer were low because they knew those would be the least desired figures.... and they would be right. Some are confusing a lack of availability with popularity. If a huge movie is playing in 8 half full theaters and a smaller independent movie is playing in one 100 seat theater and sells out a show, is it more popular because it sold out? There isn't greater demand for these three rare figures. If Nintendo were to produce another run of them for North America, they'd be stuck with them.
This is 100% nintendos fault. it has nothing to do with retailers

Everybody keeps mentioning this card nonsense.... how are you gonna save data to a card? Unless they start letting you save SSB amiibo data in the game itself, I can't imagine a way this will work.

Lego is plagued with resellers trying to hoard and make a profit from their lego sets because the sets always retire within 2-3 years. Their corporation hates resellers, and will literally ban people who buy too many of the same sets from lego stores, claiming "lego is for the children", etc.

That's basically how I feel. I don't think Nintendo cares one bit about the reseller or collector market. Nintendo wants to make as much money as they can, and it would be foolish of them not to produce more of the rare Amiibos and profit off that themselves rather than letting resellers make bank.

You put an nfc chip in the card?
I am picturing something like trading cards. Soundo like you guys may be thinking something more like credit cards but without that little strip I guess. I am not a fan of either idea but the latter sounds terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back