Amiibos Currently Available and for Pre-order. Wave 4 announced *Do not post trades here!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJunior195

CAGiversary!
This warning goes for everyone but especially the cag in training/newbies.

Use the report button if anyone repeatedly violates any of the above.
If there are any sales or important updates, message me so I can post it on the first page rather than people scrolling through every page.
Ill keep the list updated for new amiibos and when they are on sale.
The average cost for the Amiibos are usually priced at $12.99.
Toys R Us
*None
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=bfbogoamiibo&keywords=bfbogoamiibo&origkw=bfbogoamiibo&sr=1
Best Buy
*GCU - 20% off
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/amiibo-wave-1-129222

Gohasting

http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/search_all.cmd?form_state=global-search-form-form&keywords=amiibos&search-button.x=0&search-button.y=0&search-button=true&productType=0&query=&form_state=siteSearchForm&department=AllSearch&departmentName=AllSearch&dynamic=&search=true&source=global&condition=0

Target

*Tracker
http://brickseek.com/sets/target_inventory
Wave 1
207-00-5001 - Mario
207-00-5002 - Pikachu
207-00-5003 - Link
207-00-5004 - Peach
207-00-5005 - Yoshi
207-00-5006 - Donkey Kong
207-00-5007 - Kirby
207-00-5008 - Villager
207-00-5009 - Fox
207-00-5010 - Samus
207-00-5011 - Marth
207-00-5012 - Wii Fit Trainer
Wave 2
207-00-5013 - Luigi
207-00-5014 - Zelda
207-00-5015 - Little Mac
207-00-5016 - Diddy Kong
207-00-5017 - Pit
207-00-5018 - Captain Falcon
*None
http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=amiibos&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_amiibos
Gamestop

*None
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibos,28zu0
Walmart
*None
http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=amiibos

Updates

* There would be reprints for Marth in the upcoming months

* Wave 4 amiibos announced

B7UPexZIUAA5gRl.png

* A new set of amiibos would be available for the Super Mario

B7UPmCMIMAAi1HR.png

Exclusives [2/2015]
Lucario [Toys R Us Exclusive]
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54369136&cp=&parentPage=search
_lrH7VVPKTKAXTiCdd1R8Dcx-Emp5TMQ.png

Shulk [Gamestop Exclusive]
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/shulk-amiibo-figure-gamestop-exclusive/118681?affid=9797%26cid=ppc_60000004&u1=7240463.38-1012976
DCM0pGkZEV1nlOWgx-PpxcU_JnaORLNG.png

Meta Knight [Best Buy Exclusive]
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-meta-knight-multi/1375009.p?id=1219489217565&skuId=1375009&productCategoryId=pcmcat306400050032&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-Hw7UDBCoIhfOJkja3R_y6g
bpL072E86FmMX9R5dBvxCNappm5X1-cm.png

Rosalina and Luma [Target Exclusive]
*Currently not live for pre-order
http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-amiibo-rosalina-luma-tgt-ex/-/A-16811585#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=rosalina+amiibo
UPWu9Hs43URr1uIPCpbUMegdXYIa0FkS.png

Wave 1: Currently Available
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
The Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor
Wave 2 [12/14/2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Pre-order
Wave 3 [2/2015]
Mega Man
Sonic
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
King Dedede
Ike

Wave 4 [Spring/2015]

Robin

Lucina

Ness

PacMan

Charizard

Wario

Wave 5(?) [3/2015]

Mario

Peach

Luigi

Bowser

Yoshi

Toad

Last edited by a moderator:
By my count I've purchased 14 pits (!), 2 lucarios, 5 little macs, 6 diddy kong's, the big 3, 2 WFT, 5 captain Falcons, 1 shulk, 1 meta knight, 1 megaman. I really hope pit becomes worth hundreds i guess...
I think I stumbled across your YouTube video

There are a few, this one - http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-likely-discontinue-less-popular-amiibos/ plus there was another quote prior to the release of Amiibos that while some may be discontinued at some point, that they could be re-released with different poses or costumes.

**Edit** I realize they don't specifically say that the exact ones will be re-released in that article, but it was indeed said prior to the release of Amiibos. I'm not sure anything similar has been said since, but they did mention the card thing for discontinued ones, so it's possible that is their 'backup' - not saying it's a good one, but just interpreting. It's also worth noting that every Amiibo released so far has been with the Smash Bros packaging, so there's not much stopping them from releasing the same figures with new packaging. Obviously the original will hold it's price to some degree, but at this point we're all just guessing. Either way, Nintendo isn't sweating it as their sales are blowing the roof off of any expectations thanks to the hype.
Nintendo doesn't need to explicitly say they will release multiple versions of characters since they've basically already announced two Mario amiibos:

47857-amiibothumb.png

I would not be surprised if that particular Mario amiibo came out in time for Mario Party 10 along with new versions of other Mario characters.

When the new Star Fox hits expect a similar new series of amiibos with all new poses and bases. I'd imagine each character's amiibo would function identically, so there would be no need to own both outside of collecting purposes.

Do not expect Nintendo to re-release Smash amiibos when a non-Smash game comes out. I can't stress that enough.

Ive bought:
1 Link
1 Zelda
1 Luigi
1 Little Mac... To gift, now an extra
2 Diddy King... One to paint.
2 Pit... I bought them a week apart... Bought them so I wouldn't walk out empty handed from Nintendo World.

Edit:
A different Luigi Amiibo would be a Godsend.

The TRU I go to has everything nice and neat. Target has a limited amount of space for these. I never saw a peg for WFT and V, but did for Marth. When Marth was gone the peg was renamed.

They may discontinue it, but I still see them at WM and some GS. It would be a shock as they are planning a Star Fox game.

I ran into the Nintendo lady at a Target before Christmas. She told me that Nintendo was planning on a second run later in 2015 of the three they stopped making due to demand. That is what she heard. I have yet to see any proof about this. She said that Nintendo did not have any plans to discontinue any more any time soon. She also told me she was at TRU and they had their Lucario pre-order cards in the back which she had the salesperson put out. I got a Lucario pre-order after that conversation by going to TRU. She seemed to know about Amiibos and the shortages expected along with what was supposed to happen. But, she was a salesperson herself.

If they stop making Fox now, then they would probably make some more when the game is released. Heck, they probably plan to slowly discontinue lines after two months as they want to release more characters and don't want to pay for the shelf space to have tons of figures out.
I don't think the regional Nintendo reps would be privvy to Corporate's plans to discontinue characters. I'd imagine very very few people have access to that information. Sure she could have heard something through the grapevine, but I wouldn't take much stock in what she told you.

amazon is driving me crazy. I am refreshing and it comes back in stock I immediately click add to cart and it's already gone in a few seconds.

I think they're messing with me on purpose.

I went into target today and asked the electronics guy if they had any other Amiibos in the back and he came out with a Wii fit trainer. I just bought one eBay too...

Nintendo doesn't need to explicitly say they will release multiple versions of characters since they've basically already announced two Mario amiibos:

47857-amiibothumb.png

I would not be surprised if that particular Mario amiibo came out in time for Mario Party 10 along with new versions of other Mario characters.

When the new Star Fox hits expect a similar new series of amiibos with all new poses and bases. I'd imagine each character's amiibo would function identically, so there would be no need to own both outside of collecting purposes.

Do not expect Nintendo to re-release Smash amiibos when a non-Smash game comes out. I can't stress that enough.
Do you think this will take off though? A common agreement on this thread is that amiibo sales are being driven by scarcity and fear right now. If they're going to make slightly different pose amiibos with identical functionality, aren't they going to hit saturation very quickly among the non-collector install base? Feels weird that parents or kids with a limited budget would purchase an amiibo with no added functionality

Do you think this will take off though? A common agreement on this thread is that amiibo sales are being driven by scarcity and fear right now. If they're going to make slightly different pose amiibos with identical functionality, aren't they going to hit saturation very quickly among the non-collector install base? Feels weird that parents or kids with a limited budget would purchase an amiibo with no added functionality
Remember that amiibos:

A:) Only store a save for one game.

and

B:) Only store data pertinent to the character the figure represents.

You'd need two Mario amiibos to store data in two different Mario games. It only makes sense to pose him differently so people don't have to buy the same figure twice.

Plus, they'll discontinue the previous version of any character that has a new version. You won't find two different Marios on the shelf at the same time unless a store is still selling old stock.

All in all it makes a hell of a lot more sense than simply re-releasing discontinued Smash amiibos.

Remember that amiibos:

A:) Only store a save for one game.

and

B:) Only store data pertinent to the character the figure represents.

You'd need two Mario amiibos to store data in two different Mario games. It only makes sense to pose him differently so people don't have to buy the same figure twice.

Plus, they'll discontinue the previous version of any character that has a new version. You won't find two different Marios on the shelf at the same time unless a store is still selling old stock.

All in all it makes a hell of a lot more sense than simply re-releasing discontinued Smash amiibos.
They can only store one game? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't skylanders capable of storing data across all the games? I was obviously wrong about amiibos failing but if Nintendo's demographic is still of the age that they don't have jobs, are parents etc really going to listen about how they need two marios because of save issues?

that being said, mario party prob makes amazing sense if they do the level up mechanic .I bet more people bought SSB than they usually would have because amiibos added extra gameplay value for single player

Found a Pit in store today, must've beat the damn scalpers... puts me up to:

Link

Zelda

Captain Falcon

Pit

Marth

Peach

Fox

Yoshi

Samus

Can't wait for Megaman.

They can only store one game? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't skylanders capable of storing data across all the games? I was obviously wrong about amiibos failing but if Nintendo's demographic is still of the age that they don't have jobs, are parents etc really going to listen about how they need two marios because of save issues?

that being said, mario party prob makes amazing sense if they do the level up mechanic .I bet more people bought SSB than they usually would have because amiibos added extra gameplay value for single player
Skylanders just store their level and what hat they're wearing last I knew. Every game uses the same data in that case. In the case of Amiibos, you have a lot of custom options in Smash Bros. alone!

Wow, my Pit from Amazon is already preparing for shipment.  Kind of surprised.  They estimate Monday delivery but I wonder if it will be sooner.

Skylanders just store their level and what hat they're wearing last I knew. Every game uses the same data in that case. In the case of Amiibos, you have a lot of custom options in Smash Bros. alone!
How many people would realistically double dip at $13 a pop? I wonder if this is why Nintendo's going forward with that idea about NFC cards.

No Villagers at that store? Tracker's said they have some for a good while but I haven't been able to go over that way lately. Or maybe it was WFT, I can't remember now. I know it was one of them that store was supposed to have.
I went to numerous targets today and they have villagers in stock in the system but when I get there, they tell me its an error. Hes the only one I need.

How many people would realistically double dip at $13 a pop? I wonder if this is why Nintendo's going forward with that idea about NFC cards.
My assumption is that Nintendo's plan is to discontinue the amiibos and replace them with new, functionally identical amiibos with different designs. Since all of these were designed based on Smash Bros, it makes sense they'd want their amiibos to match the design of the current "hot game" that supports them.

I think I've said this before, but I fully expect them to re-issue Marth when SMTxFire Emblem hits, but maybe with a different design to match the art style of that game. Ditto for Villager and the inevitable Animal Crossing U.

So I mean, THEIR idea is that yeah, you only need to buy one Mario. But the average person shouldn't care if it's the "Smash Bros Mario" or "Mario Party Mario" (or whatever), they will just buy whatever Mario is out at the time. This is kind of annoying to collectors tho :p

How many versions of Luke Skywalker do Star Wars figure collectors own? Or more relevant, how many versions of Spyro do Skylander collectors own? As long as the figure is different enough and the scarcity of discontinued figures holds, amiibos will continue to be a success with collectors for years to come.

How many versions of Luke Skywalker do Star Wars figure collectors own? Or more relevant, how many versions of Spyro do Skylander collectors own? As long as the figure is different enough and the scarcity of discontinued figures holds, amiibos will continue to be a success with collectors for years to come.
But that's collectors though. Realistically how many are there vs. the general population? Nintendo's not pricing these things at enough of a premium that they can make a killing just selling to collectors.

On a fucked up note, did everyone just get a instock alert for rosalina?

I went to numerous targets today and they have villagers in stock in the system but when I get there, they tell me its an error. Hes the only one I need.
Yeah, I mentioned it when they first popped up in the tracker about two weeks ago that it's definitely wrong. Was a day or two after I randomly found two Villagers and then suddenly all the stores in the area showed 2-4 Villagers and none actually had them. It's something I've seen with other stuff when it goes completely out of stock and it's dumb.

Think it was WFT the tracker showed at that store since it had showed at one closer store too and I got that one.

Yeah, I mentioned it when they first popped up in the tracker about two weeks ago that it's definitely wrong. Was a day or two after I randomly found two Villagers and then suddenly all the stores in the area showed 2-4 Villagers and none actually had them. It's something I've seen with other stuff when it goes completely out of stock and it's dumb.

Think it was WFT the tracker showed at that store since it had showed at one closer store too and I got that one.
Im looking for villager bad, I cant stand the inventory tracker. Gives my hopes up.

Im looking for villager bad, I cant stand the inventory tracker. Gives my hopes up.
The two I found weren't actually in the tracker when I found them, they were just there when they weren't the day before. Was the day LM and Diddy came out so maybe they just came in randomly or something.

If you go to target, the little guns they have track targets inventory. The workers are lazy and you to force to help you. They check every targets stock.

Pretty much the same situation with my local Best Buy, with my store not getting any Pit figures despite the claim that they had it available at the store. The store ended up cancelling my order and supposedly refunded me (although it hasn't shown up on my statement yet).

This thing really really makes me mad because:

1. With that cancellation, I'm pretty much screwed over of my order of the Pit figure;

2. I usually work on Tuesdays and pretty much opted to get there an hour late just to pick up this figure.

I filed a complaint to the Better Business Bureau mentioning how Best Buy provided false information to its consumers (and I wonder if others should do this too if they had the same incident of their in-store orders being cancelled as a result of corporate sending information to their customers that isn't even true).

Pretty much the same situation with my local Best Buy, with my store not getting any Pit figures despite the claim that they had it available at the store. The store ended up cancelling my order and supposedly refunded me (although it hasn't shown up on my statement yet).

This thing really really makes me mad because:

1. With that cancellation, I'm pretty much screwed over of my order of the Pit figure;

2. I usually work on Tuesdays and pretty much opted to get there an hour late just to pick up this figure.

I filed a complaint to the Better Business Bureau mentioning how Best Buy provided false information to its consumers (and I wonder if others should do this too if they had the same incident of their in-store orders being cancelled as a result of corporate sending information to their customers that isn't even true).
Same here. I ordered mine on 12/11/14 and still ended up with a false email saying to pick it up at store. Best Buy just doesn't care and I highly doubt they're getting any more Pit's in. Some say they're getting them back on Jan. 2 but I say BS to that. Also, my order is still active and hasn't been canceled but will go away on Jan. 5 since the stupid system still thinks I have to go and pick up the item in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back