Amiibos Currently Available and for Pre-order. Wave 4 announced *Do not post trades here!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJunior195

CAGiversary!
This warning goes for everyone but especially the cag in training/newbies.

Use the report button if anyone repeatedly violates any of the above.
If there are any sales or important updates, message me so I can post it on the first page rather than people scrolling through every page.
Ill keep the list updated for new amiibos and when they are on sale.
The average cost for the Amiibos are usually priced at $12.99.
Toys R Us
*None
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=bfbogoamiibo&keywords=bfbogoamiibo&origkw=bfbogoamiibo&sr=1
Best Buy
*GCU - 20% off
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/amiibo-wave-1-129222

Gohasting

http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/search_all.cmd?form_state=global-search-form-form&keywords=amiibos&search-button.x=0&search-button.y=0&search-button=true&productType=0&query=&form_state=siteSearchForm&department=AllSearch&departmentName=AllSearch&dynamic=&search=true&source=global&condition=0

Target

*Tracker
http://brickseek.com/sets/target_inventory
Wave 1
207-00-5001 - Mario
207-00-5002 - Pikachu
207-00-5003 - Link
207-00-5004 - Peach
207-00-5005 - Yoshi
207-00-5006 - Donkey Kong
207-00-5007 - Kirby
207-00-5008 - Villager
207-00-5009 - Fox
207-00-5010 - Samus
207-00-5011 - Marth
207-00-5012 - Wii Fit Trainer
Wave 2
207-00-5013 - Luigi
207-00-5014 - Zelda
207-00-5015 - Little Mac
207-00-5016 - Diddy Kong
207-00-5017 - Pit
207-00-5018 - Captain Falcon
*None
http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=amiibos&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_amiibos
Gamestop

*None
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibos,28zu0
Walmart
*None
http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=amiibos

Updates

* There would be reprints for Marth in the upcoming months

* Wave 4 amiibos announced

B7UPexZIUAA5gRl.png

* A new set of amiibos would be available for the Super Mario

B7UPmCMIMAAi1HR.png

Exclusives [2/2015]
Lucario [Toys R Us Exclusive]
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54369136&cp=&parentPage=search
_lrH7VVPKTKAXTiCdd1R8Dcx-Emp5TMQ.png

Shulk [Gamestop Exclusive]
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/shulk-amiibo-figure-gamestop-exclusive/118681?affid=9797%26cid=ppc_60000004&u1=7240463.38-1012976
DCM0pGkZEV1nlOWgx-PpxcU_JnaORLNG.png

Meta Knight [Best Buy Exclusive]
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-meta-knight-multi/1375009.p?id=1219489217565&skuId=1375009&productCategoryId=pcmcat306400050032&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-Hw7UDBCoIhfOJkja3R_y6g
bpL072E86FmMX9R5dBvxCNappm5X1-cm.png

Rosalina and Luma [Target Exclusive]
*Currently not live for pre-order
http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-amiibo-rosalina-luma-tgt-ex/-/A-16811585#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=rosalina+amiibo
UPWu9Hs43URr1uIPCpbUMegdXYIa0FkS.png

Wave 1: Currently Available
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
The Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor
Wave 2 [12/14/2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Pre-order
Wave 3 [2/2015]
Mega Man
Sonic
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
King Dedede
Ike

Wave 4 [Spring/2015]

Robin

Lucina

Ness

PacMan

Charizard

Wario

Wave 5(?) [3/2015]

Mario

Peach

Luigi

Bowser

Yoshi

Toad

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received my phone call from BB about my Pit and CF being in stock finally. Just missing Villager now and preorders for Lucario and Rosa.

Best Buy lost my Pit for in store pickup.  I was told there was nothing they could do and if they magically get another one by Wednesday then I can pick it up.  If the online orders got $25 gift cards for failed orders, shouldn't there be at least something they could do for actually coming to the store?

Now I have to place multiple orders at multiple stores just so I'm not totally screwed.  I can't wait to see how badly retailer exclusives get fucked up.

Best Buy lost my Pit for in store pickup. I was told there was nothing they could do and if they magically get another one by Wednesday then I can pick it up. If the online orders got $25 gift cards for failed orders, shouldn't there be at least something they could do for actually coming to the store?

Now I have to place multiple orders at multiple stores just so I'm not totally screwed. I can't wait to see how badly retailer exclusives get fucked up.
Im going to BB today and its been two days since after the announced date.

Really fuck hope they have it or else Im going to be pissed.

Finally got my Capain Falcon and Pit I ordered from GameStop.com. Both came in excellent condition. I have a complete set of 2014 Amiibo's. I got all 12 wave one on the first day, and all subsequent characters as they released, in store save for Pit and Captain Falcon I ordered on GameStop.com to make sure I got them. I have Meta Knight, Lucario and Shulk preordered and hoping I can pick up a Rosalina at Target. Just glad I didn't hesitate and acted fast as they released.

....and its gone. These things only last 5 minute  fuck

but at least i got my email from them

Hello,

Thank you for preordering from BigBadToyStore.com!

To view the status of your preorder, or to make changes, pleased select the 'View Preorders' link.

Your preorder summary is listed below:

Product ID Description Sub Standard Collector Subtotal NIN10036 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Meta Knight (Kirby) - Japanese Import   1   $16.99 Subtotal: $16.99

this is pretty interesting i saw on reddit:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11021

it indicates that fox might be going back into production. If you click on each one it shows the months of manufacture. The rarer ones have had less months and fox's certificate was just renewed
This is really interesting. I've been expecting Nintendo to reproduce much of wave 1 and rare wave 2s after wave 3 comes out. this seems like an indication of that. of course it is all speculation on my part.

it indicates that fox might be going back into production. If you click on each one it shows the months of manufacture. The rarer ones have had less months and fox's certificate was just renewed
This is something to keep an eye on in the future. Interesting that Little Mac, which to me seems the rarest after the big three, is next on the list right after them

Wait a sec...if I just want these to use in game, I can use imported ones, or are they region locked?
The amiibo themselves are supposedly region free, regardless of what language is under their bases they work with any Wii U.

I've got a Japanese Marth on the way to me. Unless you flip it over to look under his base you'll never know he wasn't sold in North America.

This is something to keep an eye on in the future. Interesting that Little Mac, which to me seems the rarest after the big three, is next on the list right after them
You're misreading the reports. He's rareR than the big 3. 2 runs of big 3, 1 run of little mac.

It actually states that Fox had gone back into production, after Rosalina.

You're misreading the reports. He's rareR than the big 3. 2 runs of big 3, 1 run of little mac.

I was mainly referring to the date of the certificate. Mac's is the oldest certificate after the big three.

But no new model? I'd be surprised if Fox didn't have a slightly different design for Star Fox U that would necessitate a new amiibo ;), just like what they'll probably do with zelda and link
They still might change his base. I can see Nintendo making a Star Fox series of amiibo with the rest of the squadron. I can't wait to go hunting for Slippy!

also pit, rosalina, lucario and ike only have 1 production month while shiek, toon link and bowser have 2 months. 

looks like just another confirmation ike will be rarer than the others.

GS removed Little Mac from their site as well. I guess he will super hard to get down the road
I feel like that was a mistake. They still have Villager, Marth and WFT listed. No real reason to remove Little Mac if you are going to keep those three on there (plus GameStop's entire business is the used market, they should have a page for used Little Macs at the very least, which I assume is why those other three are still there)

I'd love to see a Rover or Rosie from Animal Crossing down the road!  Any cat figure would be awesome :)  I can dream...

That was the original idea at least, games get their own primary amiibo and then may also have uses in secondary games. The fact that they started with a game that will need ~50 figures might have changed their plans, not to mention the production/supply issues. But I guess we'll see if other non smash bros. amiibos eventually come out.

Way I see this, is that it indicates when the certificate is issued. It doesn't mean they are in production, just the order in which they were certified, right? For instance Mario's certificate is early but he is clearly still being made. I imagine recertification is only required if a change is made. The second fox certification could indicate a different Fox like some people have alluded to (I.e. For the Star Fox game for later in the year).

EDIT: my bad. Didn't see the months of production are listed in the individual certificates.

The other thing to note is several Wave 3 Amiibos aren't on that list yet either (or maybe they just haven't been posted yet).  For example, Sonic, Meta Knight, Dedede, and Shulk are nowhere to be seen there.

Picked up my order from BB today (Pit, CF and Luigi). Everything is in great shape. 

Now on another note.. My girlfriend worked at this particular BB for a few years, and we talked to her upper management to see if they had any idea what was going on with the amiibos as far as BB is concerned. He told us that as of right now, there are 100 Pits at their distribution center in California that aren't being sent out to the stores yet. He put in a product request for 10 of them, so we will see what happens. He didn't know anything about CF or the 3 wave 1 rares.

Just thought that was an interesting piece of info, so thought I'd share.

Most random message from I guy that was bidding for my little mac, diddy, falcon, pit bundle saying:

Sorry man, I messaged Nintendo and they said they were going to be bringing the older ones back down the line. So ill wait till the pricey guys are rereleased.

Dunno if this is sour grapes or he actually has a source I guess it would make sense. Does anyone know why Nintendo suddenly got so many WFT's?

The other thing to note is several Wave 3 Amiibos aren't on that list yet either (or maybe they just haven't been posted yet). For example, Sonic, Meta Knight, Dedede, and Shulk are nowhere to be seen there.
Right. It may those are going to be released as a later wave (e.g. The split wave 2), or simply that they haven't been certified yet (which may be coming since the holidays slows stuff down). The other thing to keep in mind is the length of production does not indicate the number made. I'm sure there were more lines of Mario made in the three months whereas there were fewer overall number of Marth, WFT, or Villager even though some were two month production runs (and the dates aren't listed to started on the 29th of one month and ending at the 15th of the next month would still list two months...).

Actually, Fox just had his certificate posted but was tested in October per the document and it doesn't appear to be in production (although I dont know if recertification is required if they do a second run since nothing is changed....I would guess it needs to be recertified), so the absence of a certificate on the site doesn't mean the item hasn't been made yet or isn't in production.

Most random message from I guy that was bidding for my little mac, diddy, falcon, pit bundle saying:

Sorry man, I messaged Nintendo and they said they were going to be bringing the older ones back down the line. So ill wait till the pricey guys are rereleased.

Dunno if this is sour grapes or he actually has a source I guess it would make sense. Does anyone know why Nintendo suddenly got so many WFT's?
I'm not sure what Nintendo's long term plan is. The overall sales of the rarer items are going to be low compared to the characters with broad appeal. We have to remember most of the Amiibos are being purchased by lay people and that's why it is sensible to make a ton ofMario and a few of villager/marth/WFT. I don't know if it makes sense to reprint rare ones or just ensure the popular characters are released and available long term.

As for the extra WFT, I know there have been a lot of issues due to port strikes so we may just be seeing the remaining stock finally making its way (it's also what I assume contributed to all of the Best Buy Pit issues)

All your points are very well reasoned. Thanks for the informative post.

Right. It may those are going to be released as a later wave (e.g. The split wave 2), or simply that they haven't been certified yet (which may be coming since the holidays slows stuff down). The other thing to keep in mind is the length of production does not indicate the number made. I'm sure there were more lines of Mario made in the three months whereas there were fewer overall number of Marth, WFT, or Villager even though some were two month production runs (and the dates aren't listed to started on the 29th of one month and ending at the 15th of the next month would still list two months...).

Actually, Fox just had his certificate posted but was tested in October per the document and it doesn't appear to be in production (although I dont know if recertification is required if they do a second run since nothing is changed....I would guess it needs to be recertified), so the absence of a certificate on the site doesn't mean the item hasn't been made yet or isn't in production.

I'm not sure what Nintendo's long term plan is. The overall sales of the rarer items are going to be low compared to the characters with broad appeal. We have to remember most of the Amiibos are being purchased by lay people and that's why it is sensible to make a ton ofMario and a few of villager/marth/WFT. I don't know if it makes sense to reprint rare ones or just ensure the popular characters are released and available long term.

As for the extra WFT, I know there have been a lot of issues due to port strikes so we may just be seeing the remaining stock finally making its way (it's also what I assume contributed to all of the Best Buy Pit issues)

Interesting. Did other stores get WFT? My understanding was that it was only the nintendo store that recieved the shipments but what you say makes sense.

It's all speculation but, I doubt there will be reprints of the rare characters because it will eliminate demand and ninty desperately needs this homerun. Reprinting turns a grand slam revenue stream into a base hit.

How accurate is that target inventory tracker? I'm seeing 30 something little macs and a couple WFTs at a store by my friends house, but when I called CS claimed they had neither.

I wonder how many of these places tell the truth when you call or are just too lazy to look it up.

[quote name="DetectiveConanA113" post="12378177" timestamp="1420157524"]How accurate is that target inventory tracker? I'm seeing 30 something little macs and a couple WFTs at a store by my friends house, but when I called CS claimed they had neither.

I wonder how many of these places tell the truth when you call or are just too lazy to look it up.[/quote]
It's semi accurate, but it's prolly the in the back hidden somewhere.

How accurate is that target inventory tracker? I'm seeing 30 something little macs and a couple WFTs at a store by my friends house, but when I called CS claimed they had neither.

I wonder how many of these places tell the truth when you call or are just too lazy to look it up.
I tried a local target that inventory tracker claimed to have WFT. In store inventory said discontinued.

But I have had luck w captain falcon through the tracker.

It's all speculation but, I doubt there will be reprints of the rare characters because it will eliminate demand and ninty desperately needs this homerun. Reprinting turns a grand slam revenue stream into a base hit.
Well given the huge demand for the EU ones, there's definitely a market for them if they can get the inventory right. If they do one huge batch and announce it as the last run, I would imagine it being gobbled up even if the release was huge just given the press around the big 3 and the resell values prior.

Don't know why anyone would think reprinting would hurt Nintendo. The rare amiibos were all already sold by Nintendo to the stores, the fact that they are hard to find doesn't give them any amount of money. Nintendo isn't making money off the people who are reselling them.

There's a fine line there that Nintendo needs to adhere to in order to maximize sales/profits. Obviously they don't want 50 Marths/Villagers per store but a controlled reprinting would most definitely sell out, and would really only affect the sales of the secondhand market.

They don't need to ignore reprinting in order to maintain success, they just need to make sure they don't overdo it.

he's just making up crap, buyers make up lots of lies

Don't know why anyone would think reprinting would hurt Nintendo. The rare amiibos were all already sold by Nintendo to the stores, the fact that they are hard to find doesn't give them any amount of money. Nintendo isn't making money off the people who are reselling them.
Because if every hard to find figure becomes readily available people will stop buying them because "I can get it later easily"

Most of this craze is driven by the low supply, causing the high demand.

I wasn't planning on buying every figure the day they released, but due to the rarity of some I've been sucked in and hunt like a wolf for them to avoid not getting one.

Its a better position to be in for ninty than if there were more available for everyone because it will stop people from feverishly hunting them.

having rare amiibos is one thing that is driving amiibo sales. If people think they are/will be rare they will buy immediately when they come out and preorder instead of just letting it sit on the shelves.

It would actually make more sense for Nintendo to recognize the demand for some harder to find figures and release them again knowing they will be purchased immediately. Hasbro does this all the time with their toy lines

I tried a local target that inventory tracker claimed to have WFT. In store inventory said discontinued.

But I have had luck w captain falcon through the tracker.
Hmm..I guess I'll try over the weekened then. Don't wanna waste my friends time. Thanks guys.

I feel like this is the kind of CS employee I got lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Vnp9AUuIs

Hopefully I find one there.

having rare amiibos is one thing that is driving amiibo sales. If people think they are/will be rare they will buy immediately when they come out and preorder instead of just letting it sit on the shelves.
Having rare Amiibos is driving the speculators market. With that out of the equation, there is still a demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back