Amiibos Currently Available and for Pre-order. Wave 4 announced *Do not post trades here!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJunior195

CAGiversary!
This warning goes for everyone but especially the cag in training/newbies.

Use the report button if anyone repeatedly violates any of the above.
If there are any sales or important updates, message me so I can post it on the first page rather than people scrolling through every page.
Ill keep the list updated for new amiibos and when they are on sale.
The average cost for the Amiibos are usually priced at $12.99.
Toys R Us
*None
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=bfbogoamiibo&keywords=bfbogoamiibo&origkw=bfbogoamiibo&sr=1
Best Buy
*GCU - 20% off
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/amiibo-wave-1-129222

Gohasting

http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/search_all.cmd?form_state=global-search-form-form&keywords=amiibos&search-button.x=0&search-button.y=0&search-button=true&productType=0&query=&form_state=siteSearchForm&department=AllSearch&departmentName=AllSearch&dynamic=&search=true&source=global&condition=0

Target

*Tracker
http://brickseek.com/sets/target_inventory
Wave 1
207-00-5001 - Mario
207-00-5002 - Pikachu
207-00-5003 - Link
207-00-5004 - Peach
207-00-5005 - Yoshi
207-00-5006 - Donkey Kong
207-00-5007 - Kirby
207-00-5008 - Villager
207-00-5009 - Fox
207-00-5010 - Samus
207-00-5011 - Marth
207-00-5012 - Wii Fit Trainer
Wave 2
207-00-5013 - Luigi
207-00-5014 - Zelda
207-00-5015 - Little Mac
207-00-5016 - Diddy Kong
207-00-5017 - Pit
207-00-5018 - Captain Falcon
*None
http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=amiibos&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_amiibos
Gamestop

*None
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibos,28zu0
Walmart
*None
http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=amiibos

Updates

* There would be reprints for Marth in the upcoming months

* Wave 4 amiibos announced

B7UPexZIUAA5gRl.png

* A new set of amiibos would be available for the Super Mario

B7UPmCMIMAAi1HR.png

Exclusives [2/2015]
Lucario [Toys R Us Exclusive]
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54369136&cp=&parentPage=search
_lrH7VVPKTKAXTiCdd1R8Dcx-Emp5TMQ.png

Shulk [Gamestop Exclusive]
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/shulk-amiibo-figure-gamestop-exclusive/118681?affid=9797%26cid=ppc_60000004&u1=7240463.38-1012976
DCM0pGkZEV1nlOWgx-PpxcU_JnaORLNG.png

Meta Knight [Best Buy Exclusive]
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-meta-knight-multi/1375009.p?id=1219489217565&skuId=1375009&productCategoryId=pcmcat306400050032&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-Hw7UDBCoIhfOJkja3R_y6g
bpL072E86FmMX9R5dBvxCNappm5X1-cm.png

Rosalina and Luma [Target Exclusive]
*Currently not live for pre-order
http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-amiibo-rosalina-luma-tgt-ex/-/A-16811585#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=rosalina+amiibo
UPWu9Hs43URr1uIPCpbUMegdXYIa0FkS.png

Wave 1: Currently Available
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
The Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor
Wave 2 [12/14/2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Pre-order
Wave 3 [2/2015]
Mega Man
Sonic
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
King Dedede
Ike

Wave 4 [Spring/2015]

Robin

Lucina

Ness

PacMan

Charizard

Wario

Wave 5(?) [3/2015]

Mario

Peach

Luigi

Bowser

Yoshi

Toad

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, this happens whenever there's a reissue of collectible media. People freak the fuck out and complain that their item's "collector's value" will diminish and that the company will take losses over people not buying their products. Never. fucking. Happens..
But it's already proven to happen right here. People are only buying like crazy right now because no one knows if they will sell out or not. If you make it so items come back regularly and there is no rush the craze will die down

But it's already proven to happen right here. People are only buying like crazy right now because no one knows if they will sell out or not. If you make it so items come back regularly and there is no rush the craze will die down
That proves absolutely nothing other than the supply is too low and demand is high. People will still line up for the things, despite the possibility of reprints. Again, Kotobukiya does reprints, yet plenty of their products sell out and all sell extremely well.
You don't need people to fight over the goddamn toys like rabid dogs for the things to be a success. Again, there's a ratio to supply and demand that Nintendo has missed. If something sells out, it doesn't automatically mean that introducing more of that product to the market will crash it, which is the notion you're suggesting. Amiibos are hotter than hell right now. Shit flies off the shelves regardless of it's rarity. It's just the ones that are rare are getting swiped up unreasonably fast.

Remember when Nintendo produced a limited number of that Wii collector's 25th anniversary edition of Super Mario All-Stars? A bunch of people bitched about not getting one in time and Nintendo released a statement saying they "might" do another print run on it. I had preordered it so I stopped paying attention, but does anyone know if they ever did that second run?

Just curious as im thinking that example could provide some reference as to whether they do a 2nd run of the harder to find amiibos.

Remember when Nintendo produced a limited number of that Wii collector's 25th anniversary edition of Super Mario All-Stars? A bunch of people bitched about not getting one in time and Nintendo released a statement saying they "might" do another print run on it. I had preordered it so I stopped paying attention, but does anyone know if they ever did that second run?
yes they did one a couple months later

yes they did one a couple months later
and there were tons of these sitting on shelves for months. I remember target clearanced them out for $10 or $15.

That proves absolutely nothing other than the supply is too low and demand is high. People will still line up for the things, despite the possibility of reprints. Again, Kotobukiya does reprints, yet plenty of their products sell out and all sell extremely well.
You don't need people to fight over the goddamn toys like rabid dogs for the things to be a success. Again, there's a ratio to supply and demand that Nintendo has missed. If something sells out, it doesn't automatically mean that introducing more of that product to the market will crash it, which is the notion you're suggesting. Amiibos are hotter than hell right now. Shit flies off the shelves regardless of it's rarity. It's just the ones that are rare are getting swiped up unreasonably fast.
August, I think you're missing the point. Let's face it, Nintendo's Wii U is a hot mess. Sales are very poor and they have publicly apologized for such a let down. The only way to stir up some hype around the system when they need it the most (christmas time) is to create a buzz. This is exacly what they needed and wanted to happen with Amiibos. Now, not only have they taken skylanders and infinity to task, but to a lesser degree taken microsoft and sony's spotlight for a brief moment in time.

Are they going to reprint? Not likely IMHO. They could care less about whether or not they make more money on these things right now. You may see more demand for it once the ncf accessory is out for 3DS, but they are already making so much money on handhelds, it's ridiculous. Every company wants to make money, but the cost of reprinting vs how much more money they will make as a result of it is probably small compared to what they already make. Remember, they WANT this publicity.

They've already stated that if the figures are in such a demand, they may release the cards instead so that people who care only about the functionality can still have it. Those who want the figures to be reprinted are probably in very small numbers if the cards do the same thing. Soccer moms wont care if it is a figure or cards they buy for their kids as long as they amiibo's in SSB do the same damn thing.

As a collector, I jump at the opportunity to purchase things that I feel will be in limited quantities and I understand the risks if I wait. Those who feel entitled to having one available "just for them" will always be in an uproar when they cant find it when they want #firstworldproblems. Resellers are catching on much faster than they have in the past, so it's up to every other individual to realize or speculate, whether or not the item truly is in limited quantities.

August, I think you're missing the point. Let's face it, Nintendo's Wii U is a hot mess. Sales are very poor and they have publicly apologized for such a let down. The only way to stir up some hype around the system when they need it the most (christmas time) is to create a buzz. This is exacly what they needed and wanted to happen with Amiibos. Now, not only have they taken skylanders and infinity to task, but to a lesser degree taken microsoft and sony's spotlight for a brief moment in time.

Are they going to reprint? Not likely IMHO. They could care less about whether or not they make more money on these things right now. You may see more demand for it once the ncf accessory is out for 3DS, but they are already making so much money on handhelds, it's ridiculous. Every company wants to make money, but the cost of reprinting vs how much more money they will make as a result of it is probably small compared to what they already make. Remember, they WANT this publicity.

They've already stated that if the figures are in such a demand, they may release the cards instead so that people who care only about the functionality can still have it. Those who want the figures to be reprinted are probably in very small numbers if the cards do the same thing. Soccer moms wont care if it is a figure or cards they buy for their kids as long as they amiibo's in SSB do the same damn thing.

As a collector, I jump at the opportunity to purchase things that I feel will be in limited quantities and I understand the risks if I wait. Those who feel entitled to having one available "just for them" will always be in an uproar when they cant find it when they want #firstworldproblems. Resellers are catching on much faster than they have in the past, so it's up to every other individual to realize or speculate, whether or not the item truly is in limited quantities.

No offense but, tl;dr.
In short, Nintendo doesn't care if you got one or not. They don't produce 1 amiibo figure for every console sold. They just want you to talk about how hard it is to get one (mission accomplished).

Nobody wants Nintendo's fucking cards in place of figures.
I don't disagree, but if that's the only way most of the masses get a shulk, rosalina, marth, villager, you will pay for it, one way or another.

In short, Nintendo doesn't care if you got one or not. They don't produce 1 amiibo figure for every console sold. They just want you to talk about how hard it is to get one (mission accomplished).
Nintendo wants money. Reprint makes money. End of story.

I'm off to bed. I'm sure by the time I wake up this discussion will have been buried. Those who believe a reprint would be lucrative for Nintendo will easily be able to provide a counter argument for any point made. I'm at my end for this topic. Night people.

The thing I wonder about the cards though is if you'll just be able to scan them off of a computer screen or print them out like you could with the AR cards

The thing I wonder about the cards though is if you'll just be able to scan them off of a computer screen or print them out like you could with the AR cards
I would tend to think that they will be NFC cards so that there will be a chip in them to scan on the WiiU pad. Otherwise people would do what you think and not buy them and just print them out at home.

They just want you to talk about how hard it is to get one (mission accomplished).
You're giving Nintendo too much credit.

I wouldn't call anything in wave 2 hard to come by yet. Have to remember Nintendo was having problems with their supply which is why the wave was split. Pit only really surfaced after Xmas. If anything, this was not how Nintendo wanted their amiibo holiday to go, since they could have sold more if they had them. I would wait to see how things shake out now that the holidays are finished. In a week or two, you may be able to walk in many stores and find Pit and Mac. You never know with Nintendo.

There is also a difference between not manufacturing enough and not importing enough, I really think Nintendo's problem is the latter as most figures are obtainable through other countries. Either way, I don't think another manufacturing run could hurt demand since it is already there, but just one, we don't need the rare ones on the multiple month runs the mainstream characters have.

To make money? It's really not that complicated. They're clearly in extremely high demand. You just sound like a tool who doesn't want his figure to lose resale value.

Making more of an item that's in such high demand isn't going to hurt anyone but the people who paid stupid amounts of money for them. The misjudged the popularity of their lesser-known characters. Plain as that.
Except that I haven't bought any of the hard-to-find ones to re-sell... I only bought one Marth which I pre-ordered for my son. And even after he said I could sell it on eBay to make money, I told him I bought it for him to play with since Marth is his got-to fighter in Smash so we opened it to play with.

No, I just have an MBA and Marketing experience. Nintendo is playing this perfectly (now) and I laugh at all of the self-interested people who care more about themselves than what's best for Nintendo's future long-term prospects.

If Nintendo goes to a supplier or manufacturer and says "We need 100,000 more units of Marth because demand was so high" and I'm the manufacturer, I say "No problem, but your cost per unit is going up." 

Thats why Nintendo might go with cards instead of making more figures.

Had an interesting chat with a Nintendo World employee this morning, the way he explains the Amiibo inventory issues is this:

• Originally Nintendo shopped the toys around with the major retailers and asked for order demands
  • Basically all the major retailers, including Gamestop, didn't believe that these things would take off so only ordered enough to fill pre-orders for most amiibos with the exception of the common stuff like Mario/Peach etc
  • Nintendo didn't create a sizable order buffer for whatever reasons (demand was so low they didn't believe in it either, they didn't believe in amiibos who knows)
  • Amiibo craze takes off and the major retailers beg Nintendo for more
  • Nintendo tells them tough luck because they're in the middle of releasing wave 2 and production lead times have to be at least 3-4 months for a reprint

This would explain why the Target exec blabbed about there not being restocks (Nintendo can't do a reprint when they're suppliers are ramping up for the newer waves so for the retailers perspective, they're as good as gone) and why Nintendo produced so little of wave 1. I don't know shit about toy lead times but clothing is 6 months at best, 3 if you have everything in place and have a dedicated factory that only does things for you. I'd imagine Nintendo doesn't own the manufacturing and they're basically made in a generic toy factory in china that's co-shared with other brands. That means:

1) A reprint is probably not going to come until the 2nd half of this year

2) Hopefully the following waves will become increasingly easier to find as the major retailers jump on board

3) The store exclusive amiibos may be the rarest ones yet if stores only ordered as much as they got in pre-orders.

Had an interesting chat with a Nintendo World employee this morning, the way he explains the Amiibo inventory issues is this:

• Originally Nintendo shopped the toys around with the major retailers and asked for order demands
  • Basically all the major retailers, including Gamestop, didn't believe that these things would take off so only ordered enough to fill pre-orders for most amiibos with the exception of the common stuff like Mario/Peach etc
  • Nintendo didn't create a sizable order buffer for whatever reasons (demand was so low they didn't believe in it either, they didn't believe in amiibos who knows)
  • Amiibo craze takes off and the major retailers beg Nintendo for more
  • Nintendo tells them tough luck because they're in the middle of releasing wave 2 and production lead times have to be at least 3-4 months for a reprint

This would explain why the Target exec blabbed about there not being restocks (Nintendo can't do a reprint when they're suppliers are ramping up for the newer waves so for the retailers perspective, they're as good as gone) and why Nintendo produced so little of wave 1. I don't know shit about toy lead times but clothing is 6 months at best, 3 if you have everything in place and have a dedicated factory that only does things for you. I'd imagine Nintendo doesn't own the manufacturing and they're basically made in a generic toy factory in china that's co-shared with other brands. That means:

1) A reprint is probably not going to come until the 2nd half of this year

2) Hopefully the following waves will become increasingly easier to find as the major retailers jump on board

3) The store exclusive amiibos may be the rarest ones yet if stores only ordered as much as they got in pre-orders.
in 6 months, SSB popularity will be down significantly. Nintendo will have to weigh that as well when they decide whether or not to reprint.

Went to best buy this morning. Sales guy confirmed new shipment today. He said come back around 7, but I think they get shipments around 2 or 3. Not sure how long it takes them to stock the shelf. Thought I would pass along. Good Luck!

To me it sounds like they would make more if they weren't in the middle of making different figures. So maybe there will be another run if they decide to schedule it but it wouldnt be for several months.

So... I just received an order cancelation from TRU for the amiibo that I ordered from their email about the issue with previous orders being cancelled. Anyone else just get this?

To me it sounds like they would make more if they weren't in the middle of making different figures. So maybe there will be another run if they decide to schedule it but it wouldnt be for several months.
Well we don't know. It makes sense that Nintendo's coy because given how conservative they are especially after the Wii U debacle, they're probably trying to to screw up the newer waves first. Chances are Nintendo is going to wait until they get all the data in before they make a decision on it which is why they haven't ruled anything out yet.

Well we don't know. It makes sense that Nintendo's coy because given how conservative they are especially after the Wii U debacle, they're probably trying to to screw up the newer waves first. Chances are Nintendo is going to wait until they get all the data in before they make a decision on it which is why they haven't ruled anything out yet.
true and plus there sale numbers based on regions are going to be way off cause i bet you more then 75% of the trinity 3 foreign sales are all by people here exporting them.

true and plus there sale numbers based on regions are going to be way off cause i bet you more then 75% of the trinity 3 foreign sales are all by people here exporting them.
I've often wondered how companies account for those figures - I end up importing quite a few items (especially Nintendo or Ubisoft) because they're only released overseas and I know I'm not the only one... I feel like I'm contributing to the problem because it just makes those regions' #'s look better and ours worse, but I guess its the only option when companies won't give us the same love they give other regions!

I've often wondered how companies account for those figures - I end up importing quite a few items (especially Nintendo or Ubisoft) because they're only released overseas and I know I'm not the only one... I feel like I'm contributing to the problem because it just makes those regions' #'s look better and ours worse, but I guess its the only option when companies won't give us the same love they give other regions!
I doubt it for Nintendo. The only way they could get a good read is if they asked Amazon to sort their amiibo sales by country of delivery but that's a granular level that Amazon will probably charge for. Judging by how Nintendo loves sucking off EU, they'll probably take this as a sign that the EU market is much better because they sold out of a larger stock of teh big 3 and continue their policy of fucking over NA

I got a shipment confirmation for my Pit. Will sell to any of you for $25 if you want as it cost me $20 after shipping and taxes.

Still waiting for my Pit/Luigi to ship from Best Buy... good thing I took it upon myself to find spares in the mean time since this is taking forever.

I got a order confirmation from TRU a couple days ago for Pit and Falcon. Just got a cancellation email. So now they're cancelling their "Sorry we fucked up your Lucario pre order" pre orders?

I am late to this, but had no idea these were limited run.  I honestly just wanted a Marth to sit on the shelf, but now seeing it cost $20-40 on eBay and not available in any regular retailer.

Anyone know of options to get one?

I am late to this, but had no idea these were limited run. I honestly just wanted a Marth to sit on the shelf, but now seeing it cost $20-40 on eBay and not available in any regular retailer.

Anyone know of options to get one?
Just need to look three posts above yours. Amazon fr or Amazon de. Marth imported are $20-60. Marth USA is $80+

Cancellation for CF and Pit from TRU after using the promo code coupon to order. FML, I guess it isn't in the cards for me to get these two after visiting 12 different stores since Monday.

Just received my Japanese Marth from Play-Asia. 

Pretty bent sword, but I'm going to take him out and fix it. A little heat from a hair dryer should do it.

IMG_4036.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back