Amiibos Currently Available and for Pre-order. Wave 4 announced *Do not post trades here!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJunior195

CAGiversary!
This warning goes for everyone but especially the cag in training/newbies.

Use the report button if anyone repeatedly violates any of the above.
If there are any sales or important updates, message me so I can post it on the first page rather than people scrolling through every page.
Ill keep the list updated for new amiibos and when they are on sale.
The average cost for the Amiibos are usually priced at $12.99.
Toys R Us
*None
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=bfbogoamiibo&keywords=bfbogoamiibo&origkw=bfbogoamiibo&sr=1
Best Buy
*GCU - 20% off
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/amiibo-wave-1-129222

Gohasting

http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/search_all.cmd?form_state=global-search-form-form&keywords=amiibos&search-button.x=0&search-button.y=0&search-button=true&productType=0&query=&form_state=siteSearchForm&department=AllSearch&departmentName=AllSearch&dynamic=&search=true&source=global&condition=0

Target

*Tracker
http://brickseek.com/sets/target_inventory
Wave 1
207-00-5001 - Mario
207-00-5002 - Pikachu
207-00-5003 - Link
207-00-5004 - Peach
207-00-5005 - Yoshi
207-00-5006 - Donkey Kong
207-00-5007 - Kirby
207-00-5008 - Villager
207-00-5009 - Fox
207-00-5010 - Samus
207-00-5011 - Marth
207-00-5012 - Wii Fit Trainer
Wave 2
207-00-5013 - Luigi
207-00-5014 - Zelda
207-00-5015 - Little Mac
207-00-5016 - Diddy Kong
207-00-5017 - Pit
207-00-5018 - Captain Falcon
*None
http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=amiibos&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_amiibos
Gamestop

*None
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibos,28zu0
Walmart
*None
http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=amiibos

Updates

* There would be reprints for Marth in the upcoming months

* Wave 4 amiibos announced

B7UPexZIUAA5gRl.png

* A new set of amiibos would be available for the Super Mario

B7UPmCMIMAAi1HR.png

Exclusives [2/2015]
Lucario [Toys R Us Exclusive]
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54369136&cp=&parentPage=search
_lrH7VVPKTKAXTiCdd1R8Dcx-Emp5TMQ.png

Shulk [Gamestop Exclusive]
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/shulk-amiibo-figure-gamestop-exclusive/118681?affid=9797%26cid=ppc_60000004&u1=7240463.38-1012976
DCM0pGkZEV1nlOWgx-PpxcU_JnaORLNG.png

Meta Knight [Best Buy Exclusive]
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-meta-knight-multi/1375009.p?id=1219489217565&skuId=1375009&productCategoryId=pcmcat306400050032&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-Hw7UDBCoIhfOJkja3R_y6g
bpL072E86FmMX9R5dBvxCNappm5X1-cm.png

Rosalina and Luma [Target Exclusive]
*Currently not live for pre-order
http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-amiibo-rosalina-luma-tgt-ex/-/A-16811585#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=rosalina+amiibo
UPWu9Hs43URr1uIPCpbUMegdXYIa0FkS.png

Wave 1: Currently Available
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
The Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor
Wave 2 [12/14/2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Pre-order
Wave 3 [2/2015]
Mega Man
Sonic
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
King Dedede
Ike

Wave 4 [Spring/2015]

Robin

Lucina

Ness

PacMan

Charizard

Wario

Wave 5(?) [3/2015]

Mario

Peach

Luigi

Bowser

Yoshi

Toad

Last edited by a moderator:
While Rosalina will most likely be sold out for a while, I think there will be a ton of her on ebay, and will drop in price.

Shiek on the other hand seems to be limited on ebay and selling for a higher price at the moment. Only 150 US shiek's listed on ebay to over 600 Rosalina's.

What do people who actually keep these do with them. I mean I love the hunt for a deal or rare item as much as just about anyone, but I still am trying to figure out what I, or my kids, would actually do with these. Do the majority of people who buy them just keep them in package to display. If it wasn't rare, would people really want a statute of wii fit trainer? Nintendroids seem like they would make way cooler statutes for people into that type of thing. Am I missing something...do they actually have a useful in game function?
I only collect the characters I like

Mine are on display, but when my kid is older if she decides she wants to play with them, I'll let her open them up and do so.

What do people who actually keep these do with them. I mean I love the hunt for a deal or rare item as much as just about anyone, but I still am trying to figure out what I, or my kids, would actually do with these. Do the majority of people who buy them just keep them in package to display. If it wasn't rate, would people really want a statute of wii fit trainer? Nintendroids seem like they would make way cooler statutes for people into that type of thing.
I'd love to see a poll here. I have a weird OCD though where I don't like polls in the Deals forum so I hope it doesn't happen in this thread.

I like them opened on my mantle; reminds me of Smash trophies (obviously). It kills me a bit though because they look so good in the package too.

I had the weirdest experience this morning. I have two Targets within 10 minutes of my house. My wife went to one, I went to the other. We both got to our respective locations at 7:20am, with no one else there.

Around 7:30am, an old guy got to my location and was smoking a cigarette far away. 10 minutes later, his wife got out of the car and they both moved up to the front of the door. I was sitting against the wall to the side of the door.

Around 7:45am, a 17-ish looking kid came up.

When they opened the doors at 8am, the kid grabbed a shopping cart and TORE down the aisles towards the amiibos. I casually walked with the old couple to the aisle, where we saw him crouched down scanning everything.

There were 7 Rosalina, 2 Sheik, tons of Bowser and Toon Link, and standard fare otherwise.

The old guy made a comment about how the kid got there so fast, and he just seemed pretty worked up. He then just walked away with his empty cart. What was he even looking for?

The old couple then mentioned they were just looking for some "Toon Link" character. I pointed it out for them. I told them the big event though was the Target exclusive Rosalina, and to a lesser extent, Sheik. They took my advice for the Rosalina, and mulled over Sheik.

I grabbed two Rosalina (one for a friend in case he had no luck), and one Sheik (I wanted the other for a friend, but I wanted to give the old couple a chance). They passed up on Sheik, ultimately, so I grabbed a second for a friend.

The phone was ringing off the hook with people asking for Rosalina, and the guy was getting pissed. As he was ringing me up, he suggested that I buy all the other Rosalina to piss off all the annoying callers, who were demanding he hold them aside over the phone. We chuckled.

My wife's location was a bit more heated, letting in "team members with guests" on the side door 30 minutes before 8am. After that, they only allowed one per customer, but they were claiming they got 100 Rosalina units in stock. Funny that the store that got 7 had no limit, and the one with 100 limited to one per customer.

Oh well, I got my Rosalina and Sheik; I'm happy!

I'd love to see a poll here. I have a weird OCD though where I don't like polls in the Deals forum so I hope it doesn't happen in this thread.
I like them opened on my mantle; reminds me of Smash trophies (obviously). It kills me a bit though because they look so good in the package too.
Do you buy nintendroids too? Those are really nice and high quality if you just like the statute aspect of amiibo's. The metal gear one coming out looks cool.

It looks like Gamestop charged my card for the online pre-orders I made (Ike, Dedede, and Sonic).  I also had a charge on there that I didn't recognize.  It turns out that I did pre-order a Shulk and must have lost the confirmation email for it.  So, pretty happy about that too...

What?

Yeah, Ebay is flooded right now with US Rosalinas. Even the wanna be scalpers are dumb, selling her for Buy It Now 28.99. Not even worth the gas.

The truth is, if Rosalina never gets restocked, it will only go way up in value. Give it 2 weeks maybe even 4 weeks when numbers dwindle on ebay. It'll rise above 60.
^This. I would suggest that anyone who struck out today should buy one ASAP on eBay while it's flooded. It should be over saturated for at least a week. Really bad the next few days and then when everybody gets their Target.com orders from today it will be over saturated again. Once the dust settles this one might be expensive.

I do not know if anyone has mentioned it (and I am too lazy to look through the pages I have missed), but I received a confirmation email on my Lucario preorder that I ordered on ToysRUS.com on December 19th. It is supposed to arrive between the 4th and 9th.

The truth is, if Rosalina never gets restocked
Which from the looks of it, they won't be. We got a memo pretty much stating as much. We may get one or two that trickle in, but that kind of sucks that it might be over. As for my experience, it was pretty relaxed. My store had about 30 Rosalinas, 12 Bowsers, and only 2 Links. There were a few people who lined up and they were ok with the 1-per rule, nobody rode their bike in, and it was probably one of the calmest launches my store has had. We were out of Rosalina by 9:30 but still had most of the Bowsers. We're going to be getting phone calls nonstop for the next couple of days, but oh well. I just want to thank everyone who was calm and collected today though, regardless of where you went.

Warning to all my CAGs in the Bay Area....AVOID THE TARGET OFF STORY RD IN SAN JOSE, CA!!!! THEY HAVE ZERO ROSALINAS!!

Story One:

When the doors opened, it was me and one other guy. What we thought was going to be a smooth experience turned into frustration and anger. We went to the amiibo section and nothing was put out. We went to the electronics guy and asked for the Rosalinas. He looked completely perplexed. He said nothing like that had come in during the last few days. We asked politely if he could check in the back. When he returned, he merely just gave us a frown and a thumbs down. By this point, 4 more people joined the fray. I tried to explain the situation and how reports were coming back that most other targets in the Bay Area had shipments of Rosalinas. He checked his little handheld computer and no inventory was showing. He went to the back one more time and still came out with nothing. Everyone left disappointed and frustrated.....except for me because my wife was able to get one at another Target.

Story two:

My wife and I decide to divide and conquer. She goes to the Target off Coleman and Taylor in San Jose, CA. She arrives at 7a and the line is already 8 people deep. Around 7:55a, it is now 20 people deep. Right before the store opened, a bunch of low-life college kids rushed the door as it opened and took an alternate route the electronics section. She reports by the time she and the rest of the people in her line reach the section, about 10 people were rushing the electronics counter. In fear that she was about to waste her time, she decided to take executive action and get fuck up in their faces. "THANKS FOR GOING IN THE FRONT OF THE LINE SINCE THE REST OF US HAD BEEN WAITING SINCE 7AM!!!" The crowd falls silent and everyone pauses. The electronics guy said "Wait, these people in the front were not first in line?" She confidently says "NO!" Thank the good Lord that this electronics guy respects the power of a good line and forced the rushers to go to the back. She was able to come up with one Rosalina!
Curious if the Coleman one had any Sheik in-stock or not.

Has GameStop received and fulfilled any Toon Links or Sheiks yet?  I placed an order for Toon Link, Dedede, Sonic, Sheik, and Luigi back in early December, and never received any calls or anything when Luigi came in, if he did, so I'm wondering if GameStop is just avoiding calling me when these things come in or what.  

When I first read this, for a minute I thought he meant motorcycle, when he said bike.

Then I thought of that scene from Weird Science where the gang is riding their motorcycles through the house... :rofl:
Personally, I think this story is complete horseshit. Just another example of someone online trying to one up the community. There is no way a group of agitated collectors stood by and watched this happen without beating the bikers brains in. Sorry bra.... you are full of shit.

What do people who actually keep these do with them. I mean I love the hunt for a deal or rare item as much as just about anyone, but I still am trying to figure out what I, or my kids, would actually do with these. Do the majority of people who buy them just keep them in package to display. If it wasn't rare, would people really want a statute of wii fit trainer? Nintendroids seem like they would make way cooler statutes for people into that type of thing. Am I missing something...do they actually have a useful in game function?
Honestly, I think it's just an OCD deal for most people at this point. They have limited functionality in the first place, and I feel as though intered in New Smash Brothers has tapered off substantially, especially compared to the longevity the Wii and Gamecube versions had. I also doubt Nintendo will have much if any support for these things past the inital launch. So to answer your question, who the hell knows?

Has GameStop received and fulfilled any Toon Links or Sheiks yet? I placed an order for Toon Link, Dedede, Sonic, Sheik, and Luigi back in early December, and never received any calls or anything when Luigi came in, if he did, so I'm wondering if GameStop is just avoiding calling me when these things come in or what.
A lot of GameStops are claiming late shipments, idk if it's all of them. The one I pre ordered at said they didn't know when they would get them but they would call everyone with pre orders, another location said they'd get them next Friday

Rosalina

tl;dr At the Target in Redwood City, CA, about 20 of us waited in line. Supposedly, they had 20-25 Rosalinas, but they couldn't find the box, so only the guy who had requested two set aside in advance actually walked away with his.

Longer version:

After reading some of these stories, I thought there'd be some crazy line. But I arrived 42 minutes ahead of opening, and I was first. The next guy (and his kid) didn't show up until 20 minutes later. By the time it opened, there were about 20 of us.

The clerk said there would be enough for us all, but they couldn't find the shipment in back, despite that someone confirmed it had arrived on Thursday. After about 15-20 minutes, she took down our names and phone numbers and promised to set some aside for us and call us when they're ready. We also each got a $3 coupon (good for anything, never expires).

She asked each of us how many we wanted, and I said 2. When I went back 10 minutes later because I was paranoid about whether my phone number was transcribed correctly, another clerk said someone complained, so the store manager agreed to limit everyone to 1. As much as I'd like 2, I do think limiting it to 1 each is a better policy as long as they're supply-constrained.

Others

TRU sent me a confirmation that my Lucario and Sheik should arrive between 2/4 and 2/9. Ike and Sonic are still pending release.

Best Buy hasn't provided any updates about Meta Knight or Mega Man.

I have a duplicate set of preorders for all non-exclusive Wave 3s at Gamestop, and they've only notified me about Bowser being available. There was one extra on the rack when I picked him up yesterday.

Which from the looks of it, they won't be. We got a memo pretty much stating as much. We may get one or two that trickle in, but that kind of sucks that it might be over. As for my experience, it was pretty relaxed. My store had about 30 Rosalinas, 12 Bowsers, and only 2 Links. There were a few people who lined up and they were ok with the 1-per rule, nobody rode their bike in, and it was probably one of the calmest launches my store has had. We were out of Rosalina by 9:30 but still had most of the Bowsers. We're going to be getting phone calls nonstop for the next couple of days, but oh well. I just want to thank everyone who was calm and collected today though, regardless of where you went.
Yea the Target manager told me today stores are only getting 1 shipment run of Rosalinas and that's it. However I do feel releasing it all on 1 day actually made it easier to obtain compared to other amiibos like Pit or Sheik. Sheik will have restocks according to the manager but same 3 to 4 qty each time.

Hooray for comepetant employees at the Oswego, IL BB for actually checking preorders first. They only received one Sheik and it was set aside for me. No issues.

What do people who actually keep these do with them. I mean I love the hunt for a deal or rare item as much as just about anyone, but I still am trying to figure out what I, or my kids, would actually do with these. Do the majority of people who buy them just keep them in package to display.
I am a game collector and a braindead Nintendo fan at the same time. I haven't gotten into Smash Bros since the GC version. When these were announced, it was strictly for collecting and decoration. You can see in my avatar my amiibo wall. Just another set of chotchkies for the gameroom.

They should be - I pre-ordered a full set yesterday!
I have a scan of FYE's pre-order document with all of the SKUs for Wave 4 & the Super Mario series on amiibros.com.
I absolutely would not trust a pre order for these at FYE with these, there is almost no chance of they actually identifying the items when they come in, and not just putting them on the floor to be sold despite pre orders.

I'll use bullet points I guess:

-I would love a poll or survey of CAG members as to whether they open their amiibos, and if they do, do they use them.
-I would like to see this poll in a different forum other than the deal forum.

-I open my amiibos, because they remind me of the trophies you earn in Smash Bros.
-I like the way amiibos look in package too, so it also kills me a bit to open them.

Sorry, my original post makes sense to me, but maybe it came off as rambling a bit.

Do you buy nintendroids too? Those are really nice and high quality if you just like the statute aspect of amiibo's. The metal gear one coming out looks cool.
Never heard of them, but I have a feeling learning of this will cost me some money.

Personally, i am huge Nintendo fan and a complete sucker for trinkets and doodads that I can put on my desk and bookshelf. The main appeal for me is that a lot of these characters probably wouldn't have a little figurine if it weren't for the amiibo line. With that said, the actual in-game functionality of amiibos could be a lot better.

And I'm probably one of the few people that actually wanted Wii fit trainer for the actual character and not the rarity/collection purposes. I was surprised how much I enjoyed playing as her and she became one of the characters I use in smash.

Went to pick up my preordered Lucario at TRU and to get Rosalina at Target. I had to drive across town, going slow as hell in a damn blizzard. I went to Target first because obviously no preorder there. If you remember, I had an amiibo ordeal earlier in the week with a manager trying to hoard all of them and I ended up calling corporate. Supposedly the issue was taken care of. I got there 7 minutes after they opened, although I would have been there far earlier if not for the horrible weather conditions. While walking to electronics, I see five people leaving with Rosalina. I asked them if there were any left, and they said that there were four.

Corporate told me on the phone that they would make sure that no hoarding would happen, even by employees. They told me it would be a limit of two per customer on the phone. When I got to the counter, there was one other person waiting for Rosalina. He told me that the employee was actually bringing them out individually so that people wouldn't fight over them on the shelf. Another customer shows up, and we both asked for Rosalina. There was actually a one per person limit, which I was thrilled to hear. Before he went back, I asked hiim if he had any of the other wave 3's, since Amazon says I wont get the ones I perodered from them until March. He told me he had gotten some Toon Link and Bowser that morning. I asked for one of each, along with Rosalina. I was able to get all three, and cancel my Amazon orders for Toon Link and Bowser. No sign of the hoarding manager either. As I was leaving, there were two guys walking in who saw what I had and asked if there were any left. I told them that there was one left. They looked at each other and started sprinting.

I then headed over to TRU, but they were closed due to the weather so I'll have to pick up Lucario tomorrow if they don't sell my preorder.

Honestly, I think it's just an OCD deal for most people at this point. They have limited functionality in the first place, and I feel as though intered in New Smash Brothers has tapered off substantially, especially compared to the longevity the Wii and Gamecube versions had. I also doubt Nintendo will have much if any support for these things past the inital launch. So to answer your question, who the hell knows?
Interest has tapered off for the new Smash? Wouldn't know it where I live. Everybody is obsessed with it still.

While Rosalina will most likely be sold out for a while, I think there will be a ton of her on ebay, and will drop in price.

Shiek on the other hand seems to be limited on ebay and selling for a higher price at the moment. Only 150 US shiek's listed on ebay to over 600 Rosalina's.
I don't know how to phrase this without sounding condescending - I don't mean it that way. But most likely, the reason you're finding so few Sheiks is because you are spelling it incorrectly.

Yea the Target manager told me today stores are only getting 1 shipment run of Rosalinas and that's it. However I do feel releasing it all on 1 day actually made it easier to obtain compared to other amiibos like Pit or Sheik. Sheik will have restocks according to the manager but same 3 to 4 qty each time.
We actually didn't get any Sheiks (yet, hopefully), and never got any Pit.

Well, I rushed to Target at 8am and didn't get a Rosalina. Came home and ordered four of those bastards from the Target website. Not a scalper, it just seems the only way to get them all is to trade.

Anyone know what date Ike is/was supposed to be released? I haven't heard anything, but ended up ordering one from Amazon Uk for only about $18 and it's already being shipped. For that matter what's the word on Mega Man?

Well, I rushed to Target at 8am and didn't get a Rosalina. Came home and ordered four of those bastards from the Target website. Not a scalper, it just seems the only way to get them all is to trade.
My thoughts exactly... I was able to order one last night and 6 this morning.... plus two shieks. I'm keeping the shieks for myself and using Rosa for trade. If I can get a little mac..... I'll be stoked.

Anyone know what date Ike is/was supposed to be released? I haven't heard anything, but ended up ordering one from Amazon Uk for only about $18 and it's already being shipped. For that matter what's the word on Mega Man?
Looks like it will be out on the 13th. Probably Shulk is releasing then too. It will be a grand day. New 3DS, MH4U, Ike, and Shulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back