Amnesia: The Dark Descent on Onlive for FREE!

[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont have any interest in Onlive but that's an awesome freebie. Good game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I only purchase games when they are dirt cheap from them. I'm not much of a PC gamer (considering I am a Mac user), but I have enjoyed playing Borderlands GOY, NBA 2K11 and now Amnesia for a total price of $15.

I didn't sign up because I already have the game but from what I see it says "TRY" Amnesia for free. I also see the word "DEMO" in there, which makes me believe this isn't a full game for free.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I didn't sign up because I already have the game but from what I see it says "TRY" Amnesia for free. I also see the word "DEMO" in there, which makes me believe this isn't a full game for free.[/QUOTE]

If you read the first post, it clearly states that you can start the instant demo and use the Promo after the trial runs out. Or you can do what I did and just use the promo THANKYOU without starting the trial and getting it for free now. Either way, it is a free game from Onlive. The 24 hour period is simply that the promo code only lasts for 24 hours.

I've already received the game and a Full PlayPass receipt for $0.00 from Onlive.

I played a little bit of the game when it originally came out... scared the shit out of me. I'm not a big fan of the genre since I'm a complete wuss when it comes to any horror films or games but the game was very engrossing.

[quote name='sharpeone']If you read the first post, it clearly states that you can start the instant demo and use the Promo after the trial runs out. Or you can do what I did and just use the promo THANKYOU without starting the trial and getting it for free now. Either way, it is a free game from Onlive. The 24 hour period is simply that the promo code only lasts for 24 hours.

I've already received the game and a Full PlayPass receipt for $0.00 from Onlive.[/QUOTE]

My bad. There was a lot of reading involved... and not a lot of words can fit on my small netbook screen, haha. As I said I already have the game anyway, so I didn't get that far. Thanks though, OP

OnLive is pretty awesome. I just tried out some 2K11, and it was pretty dope. They give you fifteen minutes per trial so that's always a good touch. I wonder what they're subscription prices are?

[quote name='Giovanni117']Is onlive a free service? Can I get amnesia without any money? cuz i haz none. :([/QUOTE]

Use the promo code THANKYOU and it's free.

I've been on the fence over this game for a while too, I'm not a fan of the survival horror genre but it's always good to try something new. Smart move by Onlive as well, this will finally get me to install their app.

Yeah, started signing up for this, then I remember why I haven't tried their service in the first place. Out in the boonies we can only get 1.5 meg internet. Not fast enough... :(
Thanks for the info though.

I have seen that video like 5 times and it is always entertaining... I know I will be the same way when I fire this up

Did not feel like spoiling the whole moment for me with that video so i only saw the first minute.

That thing reminds me of this

73120-28744.jpg

BTW REC is a must watch.
You may need subs on English though

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Great deal. Too bad my internet connection is shit and it wont support On Live :cry:[/QUOTE]

Same, weird thing is I use my 360 for online multiplayer and instant netflix on the same connection with absolutely no problems.

Oh well, guess I can't take advantage of this game. Probably better anyways, I don't have enough spare underwear to play it.

This better still be live when I get home, I can't connect to OnLive through the shitty connection I have now and I can't find a way to purchase it OffLive.

[quote name='hollowfreak']This better still be live when I get home, I can't connect to OnLive through the shitty connection I have now and I can't find a way to purchase it OffLive.[/QUOTE]

This is going to be live until 9PM EDT from what I understand.

Seriously, this is a great opportunity to try out OnLive. If you can get 5 mbps down and about 1 mbps up, you shouldn't have any trouble playing OnLive games.

While you're playing your new free game, try out the 30 minute trials on most games.

This being Tuesday, the community will be rocking Unreal Tournament 3 tonight. Check out the 30 minute trial then!

[quote name='Giovanni117']Is onlive a free service? Can I get amnesia without any money? cuz i haz none. :([/QUOTE]

I've never used it before, but I was able to get Amnesia with no money out of pocket.

From what I can tell, you can purchase a subscription for $10/month that gives you full access to a subset of their catalog (~40 games). You can also purchase games to play them with no subscription required.

Amnesia isn't even available in the subscription package.

TL;DR: Yes

1: Download the OnLive Client and create an account.
2: Log into the Client.
3: navigate to the Marketplace.
4: Select Amnesia and click on purchase Playpass.
5: In the Purchase screen, enter the Promo code THANKYOU and click to enter the code.
6: Check that the price is now $0
7: Play your new game until this evening when you log onto a trial of Unreal Tourney 3 and get gibbed by Zubalove73

not a huge fan of the other amnesia games, but I downloaded this. I will give it a try. I really think it came down to the ugly graphics that kept me from playing previous ones fully.

Great find though. Thanks OP!

Shouldnt free stuff well, be in the free section?

Or is this some sort of blackhole where time/space operate differently? Like how a collectors edition at msrp still manages to get into the "deals" section on a constant basis?

Just signed up for this... figured I'd give Onlive a shot. I was also able to activate a couple games from the Humble Indie Bundles. Braid, World of Goo, and Trine all have Onlive keys to activate with on your HIB page. Noticed Osmos was on the service but I didn't see a key listed for that one from my HIB page.

So basically this service streams the game to you? Does that allow you to play newer games on older hardware?

[quote name='sp8001']So basically this service streams the game to you? Does that allow you to play newer games on older hardware?[/QUOTE]

That's how I thought it worked, but I could be wrong. The downside is that you can't change the resolution. Amnesia looks a bit crappy on my 24 inch monitor, but I don't have the non-onlive version to compare it to.

[quote name='gargus']Shouldnt free stuff well, be in the free section?

Or is this some sort of blackhole where time/space operate differently? Like how a collectors edition at msrp still manages to get into the "deals" section on a constant basis?[/QUOTE]

People tend to let it slide when there's a free game because most of them never visit the free stuff forum. They miss out on a lot.

[quote name='United_Korea']do i have to play the game through onlive? i can't just download it?[/QUOTE]

That's how onlive works. It's a streaming service for games. They don't offer game downloads.

[quote name='sp8001']

So basically this service streams the game to you? Does that allow you to play newer games on older hardware?[/QUOTE]

Yup. No video card required. I played Homefront on my crappy work laptop (dual core recommended) and everything was great. You might have trouble with it over wireless, but I've managed to not have too many problems.

A lot of us are hoping for an EA announcement at E3 so the service can finally get Crysis. That game is kind of the whole reason OnLive exists.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Just downloaded. Thanks a ton, OP. I've been waiting for a decent deal on this game since it came out. And for all those on the fence, just think... This could be you! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY[/QUOTE]
Dude you don't download games from onlive... DOH! lol

I might have to log back in, let's just hope I can remember my log-in/pw haha.

bread's done
Back