Amped 3 or THAW

y2jedi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hello fellow CAGs,

Fathers Day is around the corner and my kids asked me what game do I want for Fathers Day. I love the fact that they didn't ask what I wanted, they asked me what GAME I wanted.

So, since they love playing the Tony Hawk games, I figured I'd ask for something that I know they would play with me.

Which one is better ? And these are "T" rated games, so I wanted to ask if there was anything unsuitable for the 9-10 year olds (language,etc.).

Beats the hell out of some crappy tie.

Thanks in advance.

Amped 3's story was cool, but the gameplay was 1-dimensional and boring... I wanted to get all of the achievements before I'd trade it in, but I didn't -- it felt like too much of a chore.

I'm not sure what my opinions on T.H.A.W. are, in regards to which one would be the better buy.

As for the rating, I don't believe there is any cussing... just "teen" humor and some blood (only in T.H.A.W., I think). I'd say that they are suitable for 9-10 year-olds.

As far as "next-gen" goes, these two ain't next-gen... Amped 3 is more impressive, technically, than T.H.A.W.

I'm kind of leaning more towards getting T.H.A.W... Let's see what others say, though.

Personally, I'd buy Amped 3.

I loved the funny videos and the depth of all the missions.
THAW was good too so either way you're getting a decent game but THAW was too short and not very original compared to Amped 3.

If you are wanting something that they can play with you, the only real choice out of the two is THAW. Amped 3 basically offers no multiplayer (only a couple co-op challenges). I played both to 100% completion and I'd honestly say that Amped 3 left me with a more satisfactory single player experience. If you like these type of games though, I don't really think you can go wrong with either.

A quick note about Amped 3, there's no real two player modes. There are a couple of two player challenges, but nothing like a co-op mode.

Have your kids already played THAW to death? If so, the 360 version is nearly identical to its other console counterparts. I believe you can play through the classic Tony Hawk mode with two players, then there's always the multiplayer stuff. On and off of Live.

The production values are much higher in Amped 3 than in THAW, since THAW is effectively an Xbox port with the 360 additions (HD, achievements, etc.)

Edit: I just saw shipwreck pointed out the lack of multiplayer gameplay before I did. Oh yeah, the box claims it offers 1-2 players, which technically it does, but not in the way you're looking for.

I have both and I enjoyed Amped 3 so far more than Tony Hawk. The story mode is really funny and creative and the graphics look better imho than Tony Hawk.

A friend of mine really enjoys Tony Hawk so I really picked it up so she could play it. I have played a little and it is the usual tony hawk nothing special but the gameplay is still classic. It also has online play and two player support which amped 3 is really missing.

Thanks for the help gang. I'll probably download the Amped 3 demo tonight to see what's up. Tony Hawk is Tony Hawk, you pretty much know what to expect with that one.

I got all but two achievements in THAW in one day. I didn't really feel the need to pick it up after that, especially since nobody else I know plays the game. Based on that alone, I'd go for Amped 3.

THAW has much better 2 player then Amped 3, but if one player was the factor (But I don't think it is) Amped 3 would be my choice. As far as rated teen Amped 3 has many sexual innuendos and THAW is the same as any other Hawk game for T (blood, music, and a few innuendos.)

THAW would be a better choice for multi player. Horse is fun :D

[quote name='mtxbass1']definitely T.H.A.W.

You might check out the demo of Amped 3. It's pretty terrible.[/QUOTE]
Truf.

I was gonna buy it until I played the awful, awful demo. Not a good game at all.

bread's done
Back