An extra 10% off at Sears w/ card

How did you arrive at the 20% conclusion? Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see anything about an initial 10%, just the 10% for using your Sears card.

[quote name='mephitical']How did you arrive at the 20% conclusion? Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see anything about an initial 10%, just the 10% for using your Sears card.[/quote]
I'm with you. Looks like it's just the 10%. I see some sales in the weekly ad, but nothing notating a sale that would help in gaming besides that 10% for using a Sears card.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']The APR is 25.74 , atleast in my area!
You'd pay more then 10 bucks on a 55 purchase.[/quote]

Just pay your bill in full as soon as you get it. I have two cards that give me good deals (Amazon Visa w/ $25 gift certificates and Newegg card w/ no payments for six months on $500 purchases and up) that have high APRs, but it doesn't matter, because I only buy things that I could have paid for with cash or check.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Just pay your bill in full as soon as you get it. I have two cards that give me good deals (Amazon Visa w/ $25 gift certificates and Newegg card w/ no payments for six months on $500 purchases and up) that have high APRs, but it doesn't matter, because I only buy things that I could have paid for with cash or check.[/quote]
And that looks good on your credit, but if you do it that way look to make sure there aren't fee's or you'll be payin for a card you don't use all that often

[quote name='Veronica Mars']The APR is 25.74 , atleast in my area!
You'd pay more then 10 bucks on a 55 purchase.[/quote]

You clearly have no idea as to how APRs actually work.

Edit: I guess I could go ahead and explain for the sake of those who don't know. APR stands for annual percentage rate, but it's actually calculated more specifically by the day. So, let's say your credit card balance is $100, and your APR is 25%. Your balance ($100) will be multiplied by your APR (25%), to come to a total of $25. Then, that $25 will be divided by 365 (days in the year), to come to a total of about $0.06 a day. Then you multiply that 6 cents by how many days there are in the month you are in, and that will be your interest for that month. So, the interest payment for this month on $100 at 25% APR would be $2.12.

So, to reiterate, the formula is:

((Balance x APR) / 365) x days in the month = this month's interest.

[quote name='Mako1215']And that looks good on your credit, but if you do it that way look to make sure there aren't fee's or you'll be payin for a card you don't use all that often[/quote]

Yes, exactly. I should have added that. If there is a fee for the card, and your rewards/cash back/whatever won't make up for it or surpass it, then you probably want to pass on the card as well. Fortunately, neither my Amazon Visa card or Newegg credit card have any fees.

I work at Sears in the electronics, and I can confirm it's 20% if you use your sears card and the guy at the register scans the coupon while he's ringing you up. It automatically gives another 10 percent for using your card, so it equals up to 20. I've been doing it all day today. You get just 10 if you apply for a card and are denied, but it dings your credit a few points for trying.

The interest rate is outrageous, but like they said, just pay it off the first bill and you'll be ok.

I honestly don't remember if it excludes games because we don't have any at my store.

Can someone explain how to get 20% off.

I understand that using the Sears card gets you 10% off.

But how do you get the other 10% off? Is there a coupon or rebate?

Thanks for the help!

[quote name='bigredpeter']Can someone explain how to get 20% off.

I understand that using the Sears card gets you 10% off.

But how do you get the other 10% off? Is there a coupon or rebate?

Thanks for the help![/quote]

Wow. Try reading the post directly above yours.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']I work at Sears in the electronics, and I can confirm it's 20% if you use your sears card and the guy at the register scans the coupon while he's ringing you up. It automatically gives another 10 percent for using your card, so it equals up to 20. I've been doing it all day today. You get just 10 if you apply for a card and are denied, but it dings your credit a few points for trying.

The interest rate is outrageous, but like they said, just pay it off the first bill and you'll be ok.

I honestly don't remember if it excludes games because we don't have any at my store.[/quote]

Hmm, went into the local Sears today and saw the 10% off if you get a Sears CC. Asked the clerk if it would work on a PS3 system (becasue I know oftentimes these deals exclude consoles) and he said it works on everything that isn't listed on the back of the 10% off flyer. So I apply, get approved and he rings it up and it wouldn't recognize the 10% off. He calls a manager and the mgr. overrides it and I get the system for 10% off. So you are telling me it should have given me an additional 10% off for 20% off total? If that is the case what did the guy do wrong and what do I need to say when I go back to get both 10% discounts? I'd appreciate any help.

I looked at the site and it seems to only indicate 10% for using the sears card no additional discount.

Thanks!

Might have just answered my own question here. Looked over my receipts after getting the PS3 and a couple games last night with the new Sears CC. They rang up the games on a different receipt and on that receipt they have two 10% discounts as follows:

MULT CREDIT 10%
SPECIAL EVENT 10% SAVINGS

The PS3 only has the 10% off listed as "SALE CREDIT 10%", I think because the manager had to override it. I think I at least have a decent case to go back and ask for the additional 10% on the PS3 as well.

bread's done
Back