An Incomplete List of the Clearance Games at TRU updated Sept 2

benboxer

CAGiversary!
Here's some new clearance starting Monday September 3. It looks like it could be YMMV. One store has Elder Scrolls IV dropping to 29.99 while another will drop it to 29.98. I have no idea why. So again it could be YMMV.

GBA
Arthur and the Invisibles 19.98
Flushed Away 14.98
Koala Bears 9.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 7.98
Shrek 2/Madagascar 2 pack 14.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

DS
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98
Brain Boost Beta Wave 11.98
Castlevania PoR 10.98
Chicken Little 14.98
March of the Penguins Gift Pack 9.98
Megaman ZX 16.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 9.98
Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop 2(I think) 15.98-17.98

PSP
Blitz the League 19.98
Brothers in Arms 14.98-16.98
LA Rush 14.98
Metal Gear Portable Ops 9.98
ATV Offroad Fury Pro 21.98-25.98
Rapala Trophies 14.98
Sega Genesis Collection 23.98
Sid Meier's Pirates 14.98
Snoopy vs Red Baron 14.98
Splinter Cell Essentials 19.98-25.98

GameCube
Ice Age 2 19.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98

Playstation 2
24: the Game 19.98
Ace Combat Zero 22.98
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98-22.98
D1 Grand Prix 19.98
Dance Factory 19.98-28.98
DDR Max 2 game only 14.98
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Bundle 14.98
GTA Trilogy 19.98
Greg Hastings Paintball 24.98
Guitar Hero Guitar by Activision 34.98
Okami 19.98
Real World Golf Bundle 34.98
Strawberry Shortcake Sweet Dreams 9.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

Playstation 3
Fight Night Round 3 25.98
Genji 29.98

XBox
DDR Ultramix 3 20.98
DDR Ultramix 3 Bundle(skn290065) 34.98
Far Cry- don't know if its Instincts or Evolution(skn490684) 14.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98-29.98

Dead or Alive 4 29.98
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires

[quote name='shrike4242']Some nice finds in that recent drop for tomorrow:
DS
Castlevania PoR 10.98

Playstation 2
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Bundle 14.98
Okami 19.98
[/quote]how is portrait of ruin?

Just went to my local TRU in Bradenton, FL. They had a copy of DMC it rang up $14.98 and with the 20% off it came to $12.76 (6.5% sales tax)

They had copies of Castlevania POR I had the guy price check them but they were still ringing up at regular price.

On an unrelated note my TRU had like 8 copies of Ar Tonelico in stock o_O

Just got back from both local TRU stores

Picked up:

PS3
Genji: Days Of The Blade $23.98 after 20% off

PS2
Okami $31.99 after 20% off (will keep for 45 days and price adjust. Otherwise it might go back)

PSP
Blade Dancer: Lineage Of Light $6.78 after 20% off

[quote name='laserdogg']Just got back from both local TRU stores

Picked up:

PS3
Genji: Days Of The Blade $23.98 after 20% off

PS2
Okami $31.99 after 20% off (will keep for 45 days and price adjust. Otherwise it might go back)

PSP
Blade Dancer: Lineage Of Light $6.78 after 20% off[/quote]

Did Genji scan at that price? I had the ticket in hand, at the register, and it rang up $47.99.

I went today and everything that got added to the list was ringing up 20% off but the price did not drop. Example, the dmc set was $29.98 and then 20% off. So it was $24, not $15 as in the op. same with Okami and Castlevania and Oblivion.

what is with the prices?

At my store:

DMC set was 17.99 with 20 percent extra
Snoopy PSP was 23.99 instead of 14.99

at least Megaman ZX came out ok

[quote name='Wario64']are the new drops YMMV or something? sounds like hit and miss.[/quote]

It says possible YMMV right in the first line of the OP.

i suggest that everyone should wait for a few days. base from previous experience, it won't go in "effect" like a few days later. well that's my area of course. LOL

Anderson SC TRU - Okami and Megaman ZX rang up full price. There was not even any 20% off, so definately YMMV at this point. I made sure the guy hit "total" and then it showed the total as $70 something and I told him I changed my mind and I was sorry.

[quote name='neocisco']Is there a 20% off coupon? If so, can someone provide a link?[/quote]

Nope, the only 20% off is the automatic discount on clearance items. No coupons this week.

I'm bummed. Although my TRU had some games I was looking for from the list, they were all still full price when price checked. And stupidly, TRU seems to be selling GTA triple pack for $40 instead of $30 like it is everywhere else.

These prices are mostly YMMV. I just got back from a TRU that had 5 copies of Oblivion IV CE for the Xbox360 which I was willing to purchase at $34.98. Unfortunately, it rang up at $69.99 and totaled it only dropped to $54.99. TRU is really pissing me off with these YMMV prices.

The TRU in Fort Wayne had okami still at $40. I wonder if I should check back later in the week to see if they just didn't change the price yet?

No luck at my TRU either. None of those games were in the clearance sections, and I had them check a couple, but they rang up full price. =(

TRU also has an 'Are you smarter than a 5th grader' promo going riight now. You get a scratch off game piece with each purchase, and you usually win 10% off any item. If you want a few items, you can buy each separately and keep coming back with a 10% off for the next item. You might also win a real prize...

My TRU was updating their stickers when I got there. Got Okami - 15.98 (from 19.98).

The DMC 5th Ann sets were ringing up as $23, so I'll have to wait and get my price adjustments or return/rebuy later (originally got them for $24.99 after coupon).

Passed by Target and returned the Okamis that I got on clearance there for $19.98. Thanks, ben.

Went to the Fresno TRU. I saw one copy of Castlevania: PoR but it rang up as $19.99. Oh, and there was one Phoenix Wright in the "$9.98 and under" bin.

I sure do miss the days of the 90% off sales... Ive been able to sell off some games from that sale a few years later for decent profits, since I was never going to play games like GTA2 and GT2 and sealed copies went for about 10 times what I paid in store for them.

I found a sealed MGS subsistence for 29.99 but it wasnt on sale... I left it

My TRU also had a few games of interest to me but all but one had the same price just now with 20% off. All of the games that had 20% off of the same old price my store only had 1 or 2 copies of. It is kind of strange seeing games without the .48 or .98 ending getting the 20% off clearance bump, for example Sega Genesis Collection (PSP) showed up on the price scanner as

was 29.99 now 23.99

No BFD but I can verify that Disgaea 2 is also eligible for clearance as I checked it and it was 39.99 after the 20% discount from 49.99. Maybe somebody else will find it at a decent price if their store has a bunch in stock. I'm thinking like it usually seems to be Ben's list is from what's in stock at his store and not 100% complete.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder when 30% - 50% off clearance start ??[/QUOTE]

I can say that when I check prices on the price scanner at my store it does mention that the 20% off clearance stuff goes till 9-8-07. I'm thinking that TRU will probably keep some %age off after that for clearance stuff, hopefully increasing. I was thinking it would be nice if TRU wanted to get rid of this stuff fast and not pussy foot with the clearance and bump it up to 50% or more :D

[quote name='FOnewearl']My TRU also had a few games of interest to me but all but one had the same price just now with 20% off. All of the games that had 20% off of the same old price my store only had 1 or 2 copies of. It is kind of strange seeing games without the .48 or .98 ending getting the 20% off clearance bump, for example Sega Genesis Collection (PSP) showed up on the price scanner as

was 29.99 now 23.99[/quote]

The same thing happened to me. Okami rang up $39.99, then after the cashier hit total it was $31.99. Hopefully the price will drop soon.

I noticed my TRU still has a few copies of Loco Roco. If any one picked an extra copy of Okami, I could pick one of those up for trade.

I do have a question. Are TRU's prices becoming more YMMV? Mine didn't have okami listed at the price in the OP. Could the store just not be updating the prices yet? I'm thinking about going back around Wed. or Thurs. to check again.

[quote name='erehwon']
I do have a question. Are TRU's prices becoming more YMMV? Mine didn't have okami listed at the price in the OP. Could the store just not be updating the prices yet? I'm thinking about going back around Wed. or Thurs. to check again.[/quote]Yeah, the clearance prices are YMMV. 3 TRUs in my area have different prices for certain clearance games. I went to price adjust the DMC 5th Anniv Collections that I had and at the TRU that I went to, they were ringing up as $23. I told the lady that they were on clearance at other TRUs and she said, "Yeah, all the TRUs don't have the same clearance prices. Check back in a week or so and maybe we'll have dropped our price." Thank goodness for the 45-day return policy on games.

Greenville SC TRU - Megaman ZX rang up full price - 20%, told the guy I wasn't interested. They did not have Okami.

Touch detective was $16.98 or something, though.

Found Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops at the Parham Rd. TRU. Rang up for 15.99 (20-20%). I also saw, but didn't check, Okami. It was probably still 39.99. That's about all I've seen in any of the Richmond TRUs.

[quote name='eau']PoR rang up $19.99.
MGS:pO rang up $15.99 ($19.99 - $4).[/QUOTE]

well i was going to run out and check out POR but everyone saying 19.99 so not worth my time till im on that side of town

I called a different store to get a price on Okami today, and it hadn't dropped. The clerk told me that TRU only drops prices on Mondays, and that I should check back this time next week.

[quote name='slidecage']well i was going to run out and check out POR but everyone saying 19.99 so not worth my time till im on that side of town[/QUOTE]

I picked up POR today for 8 bucks...

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder when 30% - 50% off clearance start ??[/quote]
The current 20% off ends on 9/8 so maybe 30% will start soon after that? I hope so.

I only saw Magnetica (which I was gonna buy,but maybe tomorrow or one of these days),Gunpey,and a couple of other less interesting games in the TRU in 42 st. Times Square.It kinda sucks that I didn't see Megaman Powered Up or any other good PSP games,any other NY CAGs have any luck finding good games in this or any other TRU?

bread's done
Back