An Incomplete List of the Clearance Games at TRU updated Sept 2

benboxer

CAGiversary!
Here's some new clearance starting Monday September 3. It looks like it could be YMMV. One store has Elder Scrolls IV dropping to 29.99 while another will drop it to 29.98. I have no idea why. So again it could be YMMV.

GBA
Arthur and the Invisibles 19.98
Flushed Away 14.98
Koala Bears 9.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 7.98
Shrek 2/Madagascar 2 pack 14.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

DS
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98
Brain Boost Beta Wave 11.98
Castlevania PoR 10.98
Chicken Little 14.98
March of the Penguins Gift Pack 9.98
Megaman ZX 16.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 9.98
Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop 2(I think) 15.98-17.98

PSP
Blitz the League 19.98
Brothers in Arms 14.98-16.98
LA Rush 14.98
Metal Gear Portable Ops 9.98
ATV Offroad Fury Pro 21.98-25.98
Rapala Trophies 14.98
Sega Genesis Collection 23.98
Sid Meier's Pirates 14.98
Snoopy vs Red Baron 14.98
Splinter Cell Essentials 19.98-25.98

GameCube
Ice Age 2 19.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98

Playstation 2
24: the Game 19.98
Ace Combat Zero 22.98
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98-22.98
D1 Grand Prix 19.98
Dance Factory 19.98-28.98
DDR Max 2 game only 14.98
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Bundle 14.98
GTA Trilogy 19.98
Greg Hastings Paintball 24.98
Guitar Hero Guitar by Activision 34.98
Okami 19.98
Real World Golf Bundle 34.98
Strawberry Shortcake Sweet Dreams 9.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

Playstation 3
Fight Night Round 3 25.98
Genji 29.98

XBox
DDR Ultramix 3 20.98
DDR Ultramix 3 Bundle(skn290065) 34.98
Far Cry- don't know if its Instincts or Evolution(skn490684) 14.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98-29.98

Dead or Alive 4 29.98
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires

Picked up:

Okami $15.98 (19.98 - 4.00 MDO Clearance)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater $5.58 (6.98 - 1.40 20% off selec item)

Couldn't find Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops or Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. Will try a some more stores.

[quote name='shiningslade']The current 20% off ends on 9/8 so maybe 30% will start soon after that? I hope so.[/quote]

Or everything is gonna get pennied and pitched in the compactor.

[quote name='tomwaits1']TRU also has an 'Are you smarter than a 5th grader' promo going riight now. You get a scratch off game piece with each purchase, and you usually win 10% off any item. If you want a few items, you can buy each separately and keep coming back with a 10% off for the next item. You might also win a real prize...[/quote]
Good idea!

I have several items to buy. I'll buy 'em all separately.

My card's question: "What kind of animal is a kookaburra?"

WTF?!

I been to 3 TRU stores, cant find DMC collection, life still sucks!!

on the better note, Santa Clarita / Valencia / Stevenson Ranch TRU has HELLA Okami chillin behind the counter

[quote name='JEKKI']I been to 3 TRU stores, cant find DMC collection, life still sucks!!

on the better note, Santa Clarita / Valencia / Stevenson Ranch TRU has HELLA Okami chillin behind the counter[/QUOTE]
No they don't, thay have zero.

[quote name='SleepyBum']Picked up:

Okami $15.98 (19.98 - 4.00 MDO Clearance)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater $5.58 (6.98 - 1.40 20% off selec item)

Couldn't find Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops or Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. Will try a some more stores.[/QUOTE]

Which TRU in LA? Were there any Okamis left?

[quote name='msdmoney']Which TRU in LA? Were there any Okamis left?[/quote]
This was the one in Bell Gardens (off the 710/Florence). There were 2 Okamis when I was there, and I bought one. It was in the display case behind the cashier, on the top shelf, laid horizontally.

I didn't see it at first and was lucky I asked.

you can add suikoden tactics to the list. when I went the other day, it's on sale for 10.98, and I got the 20% off, so I ended up paying $8.70 a piece for two copies.

[quote name='Neoblaze181']I only saw Magnetica (which I was gonna buy,but maybe tomorrow or one of these days),Gunpey,and a couple of other less interesting games in the TRU in 42 st. Times Square.It kinda sucks that I didn't see Megaman Powered Up or any other good PSP games,any other NY CAGs have any luck finding good games in this or any other TRU?[/quote]Gunpey DS wasn't too much fun. I like a good puzzle game and Meteos was much better. I want to try Disney Meteos because it sounds.. even better. (except for the disney backgrounds)

Also in the TRU clearance I found Ace Combat X:Skies of Deception for PSP for 19.98 At My TRU (Brandon, FL) all games ending in 98 are also an extra 20% off. I don't know if this is YMMV or not, but they have some great deals now and somenot so good yet.

Hope this is helpful to someone.
thanks

Johnny B

What is the TRU price match guarantee on thier own prices, is it 14 days or 30, Im hoping for 30 as I purchased a ton of games from them over the last week or so and if they drop only 10% more off of it, i would be getting back over 20 bucks

On the popular entries in the 9/2 updates...

TRU Castleton, Indianapolis:

MGS:portable Ops rang up at $12.98 pre-discount
Okami rang up $31.98 pre-discount
No Portrait of Ruin in stock.

None of those three were at the TRU in Greenwood, and the TRU on East Washington wouldn't pick up the phone. Bah.

I picked up both Capcom Classics Collection Remixed (PSP) and Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble (PSP) for $4 each tonight. Best part was that I paid $4 for the first one ($4.24 total) and got my AYSTA5G promo card, giving me 10% off my next purchase, which made the next game $3.82 total. With the card they gave me on *that* purchase, I won a $5 TRU gift card.

Score, and double score! :)

[quote name='Wolfkin']Gunpey DS wasn't too much fun.[/quote]I didn't like it either. Played it a few times and got bored. I ended up trading it in for $15 at GC.

[quote name='pentapenguin']Is this $5 off $5 coupon still available/working? Thanks![/quote]Did you mean the $5 off $25? That coupon is now expired.

Tonight, I went to price adjust (or do a return/rebuy with) the DMC sets that I got for $24.99 (with the $5-off coupon) a few weeks ago. I brought the games so they could do a price check.

DMC scanned as $23.99 at both TRUs. But, the girl at the 2nd TRU asked the manager beside her that if she price adjusted for the $23.99, would I still get my $5-off? He said probably not, but she can try.

After she scans a receipt and game then taps a few buttons to do the adjust, she pauses because "some weird key function" popped up. The register was letting me have the DMC sets for $9.99 ($14.99 with the $5-off still intact). She and the manager talked a while about never seeing that before and since it's in the register, they "can't get in trouble for it."

Just a heads up if anyone's used that $5-off-$25 coupon weeks ago and tries to do a price adjust this week, maybe you'll get some weirdness, too. Remember: the set scanned as $23.99 at this TRU, not the OP's price of $14.98.

On my adjusted receipts:
PS2 DMC 5TH ANN BUNDLE 9.99-T1
ADJ 24.99-15.00
SUBTOTAL 9.99

[quote name='Wolfkin']Gunpey DS wasn't too much fun. I like a good puzzle game and Meteos was much better. I want to try Disney Meteos because it sounds.. even better. (except for the disney backgrounds)[/quote]

Being a huge fan of the original Meteos, I was excited to try out Disney Meteos. Although it's a good game, it doesn't compare to the original Meteos. The music is much better in the original. There's also a greater sense of urgency and excitement in the original that I find lacking in the Disney version.

Yesterday when I was out At TRU I saw and this may be YMMV also..

MGS3:Snake Eater $6.48
Sopranos (PS2) $9.90
Godfather Coll. ED. $11.00 (PS2)

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Just got back from TRU and Disgaea 2 is on clearance $25.98 and with the 20% off clearance promo, its $20.78.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I was kind-of wondering about that one, but didn't feel like asking for a price check at the store.

[quote name='sasukekun']Saw 2 Final Fantasy 3 (DS) for $20, Didnt get them though since I already have it.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking those still trade-in at EB for quite a bit. You might be able to combine them with some other stuff and make some decent credit.

Okami was $31.xx after 'clearance' deductions. It was only marked as clearance/promo with no actual drop. 20% off $39.99 is about $8, so boo to that.

XBox
DDR Ultramix 3 20.98
DDR Ultramix 3 Bundle(skn290065) 34.98
Far Cry- don't know if its Instincts or Evolution(skn490684) 14.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98-29.98

anyone know which Far Cry is on clearance?

thanks

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']DMC Box Set and Call of Duty 2 GoTY are still reg. price at my TRU.:cold: :hot:[/QUOTE]

were they marked that way or did you actually get them to scan it...

[quote name='zman73']were they marked that way or did you actually get them to scan it...[/quote]

COD2GOTY was probably the wrong SKU #.

Yeah, probably the wrong SKU #. It was marked at $29.99, rang up at the same.

I always have all my games price-checked. I sometimes bring 4 games to the counter.

Got
iconxbox360.gif
Dead or Alive 4 for $23.98
(29.98 - 6.00 MDO Clearance).

This is very YMMV. Most of the stores had this ringing up as $47.97 something, which I'm guessing is $59.99 - 20%. Only two stores had this $23.98 price and they only had one last copy.

These are the original cover version. Not that horrible Platinum Hits version.

Went to the TRU in Boardman, OH, near Youngstown, looking for a Lost Planet CE or NFS Carbon CE but no luck. They did have ~2 Wii's though. Could be gone by now but if your in the neighborhood and looking for a Wii might want to make a trip tomorrow.

I scored today! Woo

At the Waterloo, IA TRU store, I got:

DS Final Fantasy 3 - $15.98
PSP Daxter - $7.92
PSP Killzone: Liberation - $15.98
PSP Megaman: Powered Up - $7.92
PS2 DMC Anniversary Bundle - $11.98

Prices are after the 20% off.

I had to have them look for Daxter and FF3 because there were no tags out for them. The DMC bundle had a tag that said $29.99 but when it rang up, it was the $14.98 minus 20%.

They also had DMC3: Special Edition for $19.99 minus 20% and I already have DMC1 and DMC3 (not SE) and have no interest in DMC2 (played it, it's terrible) and so I figured the bundle was well worth it because I really wanted DMC3: SE.

I wanted Call of Duty 2 for 360 but they didn't have it on clearance. Tag said $39.99 but it rang up at $29.99. Still more than I wanted to spend so I didn't get it. :cry:

Anyways, pretty happy that I could get what I got. :D

[quote name='mguiddy']Went to the TRU in Boardman, OH, near Youngstown, looking for a Lost Planet CE or NFS Carbon CE but no luck. They did have ~2 Wii's though. Could be gone by now but if your in the neighborhood and looking for a Wii might want to make a trip tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Shocked you passed up the Prey CE's for 9.90. Didnt notice any Wiis

Dave

[quote name='benboxer']

DS

Final Fantasy III 19.98
[/QUOTE]

The TRU by me was out of FFIII but it's back on their website. Does anyone know if I buy it online at full price if I will be able to bring it in store and return it and buy it at the clearance price?

[quote name='MightySlacker']Shocked you passed up the Prey CE's for 9.90. Didnt notice any Wiis

Dave[/quote]

I saw those and meant to mention it but forgot. I already had a copy of Prey CE or I might have asked about it.

IIRC they had some DMC Anniversary box sets too, I meant to ask about the price but the old hag working the video game section acted like I asked if she had any children I could sell on the black market when I asked about Lost Planet CE (they had display boxes in the case, but none in stock :roll:). I didn't feel like dealing with her anymore so I left.

[quote name='Derrick1979']I scanned a Okami by me and it rang up $23.98 and no additional clearance..[/quote]

Did you use a price checker or have a CSR scan it? If it was checked at teh register, the extra 20% doesn't come off until the tranasaction is totaled.

[quote name='sp00ge']Did you use a price checker or have a CSR scan it? If it was checked at teh register, the extra 20% doesn't come off until the tranasaction is totaled.[/quote]

He scanned it in at the register and he totaled it and then I told him I did not want it...

FFIII - $15.98

Picked up FFIII at the Georgia Fayetteville store (after the 20% discount). There's still one copy left if anyone in the Atlanta area is interested. I didn't look around to see what else was available...

[quote name='mguiddy']I saw those and meant to mention it but forgot. I already had a copy of Prey CE or I might have asked about it.

IIRC they had some DMC Anniversary box sets too, I meant to ask about the price but the old hag working the video game section acted like I asked if she had any children I could sell on the black market when I asked about Lost Planet CE (they had display boxes in the case, but none in stock :roll:). I didn't feel like dealing with her anymore so I left.[/QUOTE]

They were still full price. if they were clearance, they wouldn't have been there. Unfortunately you hav eto hit Boardman fast, or the owners of Splitstone Entertainment in hermitage will buy any and everything there. Not unlike a plague of locusts

Dave

bread's done
Back