An Inconvenient Truth: Al Gore's Big Fat CO2 Footprint

Haven't you heard? CO2 is good. Carbon dioxide is life. I heard it on TV, in a commercial nearly as stupid as your post.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Windows Media

Quicktime

Poor idiot hypocrite. Not only is he a loser, he's a liar too.

Oh, sorry, he's a Democrat. By default that means he's both.[/quote]

So wait, sitting home and doing nothing is going to help how?

Most people understand the fact that you actually have to convince people of something to get them to change. He can't do this walled up in his house.

Though, while entirely possible, where does it say that those flights were simply to transport gore? They may have been flying whether he was on it or not.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']According to Algore telecommuting is the answer.

He can't even follow his own advice.

Typical liberal; do as I say, not as I do.[/quote]

So, again, you think sitting home is going to be more effective than speaking in person? If you had evidence of al gore taking massive amounts of flights without a significant amount being to achieve his political goals, then you may have a point.

It's like how people think the Iraq war was justified by giving iraqi's freedom and democracy, yet they would never call the war itself an example of such things. It's the aftermath, what it accomplishes.

no documentation, no explanation of calcuations, just lame graphics and big numbers.

I'm convinced

p.s You're going to have to give up that Mac you switched to because Al Gore sits on Apple's board and, you know, you wouldn't want to be a hypocrite

PAD your right, he was producing a lot of CO2 when he went down to New Orleans and was saving people in his two rescue planes that he payed for, while Bush was at home cutting down trees that breathe in the CO2, and not rescuing people which didnt produce any C02 at all!

Hahaha, that was fucking dumb, what a waste of time and energy putting that together. I like the convenient meter so I know exactly how much CO2 Al Gore has created compared to "people" (since everyone knows Al Gore isn't a person, but is indeed a man-bear-pig), I'm sure that ratio is 100% accurate since it comes from the hard-working scholars at the Competitive Enterprise Institute.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']PAD your right, he was producing a lot of CO2 when he went down to New Orleans and was saving people in his two rescue planes that he payed for, while Bush was at home cutting down trees that breathe in the CO2, and not rescuing people which didnt produce any C02 at all![/quote]

I'm not saying I expected bush, or gore for that matter, to rescue people (and obviously gore couldn't have rescued people if he was president). But the difference is amazing.

What bush did after katrina:

bushkatrina7tf.jpg

When he realized he needed to show he gave a damn he staged media events:

112575068093143ie.jpg

And then promptly packed up the props and moved on. Well, at least not before sitting in a predominately black area and talking about the house he envisions for his racist friend.

Meanwhile, someone spotted Gore actually doing something:

goreap2ml.jpg

Gore has yet to publicly confirm he did something. Bush has yet to publicly confirm he did nothing. Wonder which ones more likely to speak of this event again?

I didn't click on your link, but I'm assuming you're just getting you're info from Drudge again. However, you should know by now that he posts shit on his webpage.

The Resurrection of Al Gore
By Karen Breslau
Wired Magazine May 2006

The Gores and all the employees of Generation lead a "carbon-neutral" lifestyle, reducing their energy consumption when possible and purchasing so-called offsets available on newly emerging carbon markets. Gore says he and Tipper regularly calculate their home and business energy use - including the carbon cost of his prodigious global travel. Then he purchases offsets equal to the amount of carbon emissions they generate. Last year, for example, Gore and Tipper atoned for their estimated 1
million miles in global air travel by giving money to an Indian solar electric company and a Bulgarian hydroelectric project.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.05/gore.html?pg=4&topic=gore&topic_set=

[quote name='Msut77']So what do these guys expect anyway? For Gore to row his ass around the world?[/quote]

Well he doesn't need a plane, he can fly with his super powers - Excelsior!!

[quote name='SpazX']Well he doesn't need a plane, he can fly with his super powers - Excelsior!![/QUOTE]

:)

[quote name='Al Gore']I'm a level 12 Vice President[/QUOTE]

Poor idiot hypocrite, PAD. Not only is he a loser, he's a liar too.

Oh, sorry, he's a Republican. By default that means he's both and is cavalier about it.

[quote name='Msut77']So what do these guys expect anyway? For Gore to row his ass around the world?[/QUOTE]

Evidently. Just like you probably think Bush should have been out in New Orleans saving people off rooftops in person during Katrina.

[quote name='elprincipe']Evidently. Just like you probably think Bush should have been out in New Orleans saving people off rooftops in person during Katrina.[/QUOTE]

Or do something, not nothing like he actually did.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Hey, lay off Dubya. John McCain's birthday cake wasn't going to cut itself. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Anyway, his horse judge crony Brownie was doing a heck of a job, and Bush noticed some flooding out the window of Air Force One while enjoying dinner one day. What do you liberals want?! :lol:

But really, my point was just that saying Al Gore shouldn't fly in an airplane because he wants lower CO2 emissions is just as dumb as saying Bush should have been out in a boat rescuing people from rooftops. Although I would agree with the point that he should have put someone competent in charge of FEMA to prepare for disasters in advance, something that he failed miserably to do.

[quote name='EZB']...Then he purchases offsets equal to the amount of carbon emissions they generate. Last year, for example, Gore and Tipper atoned for their estimated 1
million miles in global air travel by giving money to an Indian solar electric company and a Bulgarian hydroelectric project.[/QUOTE]

I love this quote. Not only is Environmentalism a religion, but it's a form of extortion by guilt. How exactly does giving money to a hydroelectric project allow one to "atone" for their carbon emissions?

They should be giving this money to American projects since we are the biggest carbon emitters. Or is it only proper that America should only milk the rich, overconsuming taxpayers to pay for such projects?

bread's done
Back