Analogue NT Mini final run preorder

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
Analogue now has the 'final run' of the NT Mini up for preorder...for $499...

https://www.analogue.co/editions/nt-mini-noir/

this is not for everybody as it really is a LOT of money, but I thought for those that do want it, this will most likely be your last shot.

fyi these shot up to as much as 2k on ebay after the last run, so just saying, if you want it....get it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to check out with the classic Super NT right when it went live. Would not add to cart for about 3 minutes of trying. Also added a black Super NT just in case. Waited 36 minutes in their "line" queue. When it finally refreshed, went to check out and it removed the classic Super NT from my cart saying it was out of stock. However the black Super NT was still there. At least I was able to get the black Super NT purchased. Another total fiasco on their website. Now all items are reporting out of stock.

I previously picked up a Mini NT Noir on the first round of availability, but at that time, it was available on their page for at least a couple hours. Once it sold out and they announced they weren't making any more it made this final Noir restock a big draw.

I had somehow managed to order an analogue pocket on the initial pre-order launch day. No problem with check out and I got past the infamous calculating shipping page. I saw all the angry posts everywhere right after so it appears that was a total fiasco for many. Not sure if I am going to bother with the Analogue Duo. Will probably be ridiculous to get a hold of too.

I think getting a PS5 and Xbox Series X on pre-order launch nights was easier. It's too bad Analogue's products are not more widely available on other retail sites.

BTW, does anyone know if they have actually announced a date when the Duo is going to be up to pre-order?

The V2 was added to reflect the Noir edition was the successor to the original Mini NT model. I missed out on the original Mini NT that came out a few years back.

As Skiizim noted, it has a new chipset and cartridge slot. I pre-ordered the original batch of Mini NT Noirs in March 2020 and my order didn't ship until November 2020.

I'm glad there was another opportunity for people to get their hands on the NT Mini Noir. I got in on the last order for it, and it arrived in November. It is an incredibly sleek piece of hardware! Prohibitively expensive, to be sure. But you definitely feel that premium value when you open it up. And it's software is the upgraded version that drives all the rest of their more recent FPGA systems. Extremely capable with all the options you're looking for.

As damaging as the Mini Noir was to my wallet, I regret nothing. Now I just need to get my hands on more Famicom titles.

Tried to check out with the classic Super NT right when it went live. Would not add to cart for about 3 minutes of trying. Also added a black Super NT just in case. Waited 36 minutes in their "line" queue. When it finally refreshed, went to check out and it removed the classic Super NT from my cart saying it was out of stock. However the black Super NT was still there. At least I was able to get the black Super NT purchased. Another total fiasco on their website. Now all items are reporting out of stock.

I previously picked up a Mini NT Noir on the first round of availability, but at that time, it was available on their page for at least a couple hours. Once it sold out and they announced they weren't making any more it made this final Noir restock a big draw.

I had somehow managed to order an analogue pocket on the initial pre-order launch day. No problem with check out and I got past the infamous calculating shipping page. I saw all the angry posts everywhere right after so it appears that was a total fiasco for many. Not sure if I am going to bother with the Analogue Duo. Will probably be ridiculous to get a hold of too.

I think getting a PS5 and Xbox Series X on pre-order launch nights was easier. It's too bad Analogue's products are not more widely available on other retail sites.

BTW, does anyone know if they have actually announced a date when the Duo is going to be up to pre-order?
They haven't said yet, a lot of the problem with analogue is the resell groups figured out there's money to be made so they're grabbing for it when they go up, Duo will probably be just as bad

I think that’s the reason why the super nT sold so quick, the mini noir never resold well, I’m glad it came back because I missed it last year.

I'm eventually going to buy/build a MiSTer FPGA.  The Analogue systems are more consumer friendly in looks and usability, but the MiSTer supports way more platforms and is a cheaper option overall.

I got an order in yesterday for the Super NT (Black). I was going for the Super SF, but the screen timed out during the checkout process and I had to start over. I only bought the system because of a tweet I saw in the morning. I barely even noticed the system when it first came out. There a Super NES Mini in my room somewhere that I haven't opened yet. I need to control my impulse buying. System doesn't come with a controller and I still bought it.

I got an order in yesterday for the Super NT (Black). I was going for the Super SF, but the screen timed out during the checkout process and I had to start over. I only bought the system because of a tweet I saw in the morning. I barely even noticed the system when it first came out. There a Super NES Mini in my room somewhere that I haven't opened yet. I need to control my impulse buying. System doesn't come with a controller and I still bought it.
You gotta plug in your og snes pad, bruh.

It’s annoying that they show a controller in most of the pictures and don’t include one.

Here’s a soon to be released black wireless SNES controller from Retro-Bit that will match your black Super Nt:

https://castlemaniagames.com/collections/pre-order/products/retro-bit-legacy16-2-4ghz-wireless-controller-black (undercover is 15% off coupon code)

I see that the 8BitDo SNES controllers have jumped in price or sold out on Amazon thanks to this batch of Super Nt. Same thing may happen to the TurboGrafx controllers when the Duo comes out, so I grabbed a couple when they were around $15.

It’s annoying that they show a controller in most of the pictures and don’t include one.

Here’s a soon to be released black wireless SNES controller from Retro-Bit that will match your black Super Nt (there’s also a cheaper wired version)

https://castlemaniagames.com/collections/pre-order/products/retro-bit-legacy16-2-4ghz-wireless-controller-black

I see that the 8BitDo SNES controllers have jumped in price or sold out on Amazon thanks to this batch of Super Nt. Same thing may happen to the TurboGrafx controllers when the Duo comes out, so I grabbed a couple when they were around $15.
I am confused why would you buy the turbo graphics controllers from 8bitdo the current ones are usb and wont work with the Duo

I am confused why would you buy the turbo graphics controllers from 8bitdo the current ones are usb and wont work with the Duo
With Duo, you have the power to choose how to connect. Bluetooth and 2.4g are built right in. Sync up any wireless 8BitDo Bluetooth or 2.4g controller directly to Duo for wireless play. Up to 4 player support. No receivers required.

With Duo, you have the power to choose how to connect. Bluetooth and 2.4g are built right in. Sync up any wireless 8BitDo Bluetooth or 2.4g controller directly to Duo for wireless play. Up to 4 player support. No receivers required.
Nice!! I did not see that. I hope we can preorder soon. I already have two for my mini so I am all set :D

Yeah, the Duo sounds like it's going to be pretty great. With the way the custom firmware has worked out on other Analogue systems, it is possible that other CD systems might be possible to run on the Duo as well with future custom firmware. Likely just in the 32-bit generation range, but it is still interesting to think about.

For anyone looking to get some compatible controllers for these legacy systems, I encourage the 8bitdo 2.4 Ghz model controllers. They are very affordably priced, perform well, feel good, and usually look close to what the original models did as well. If you want a bit more flexibility, you can instead get the 8bitdo bluetooth adapters. They work as well, and provide a lot more options for connecting. They will provide more expense, though, as they typically go for around $20 each, and also require you to purchase a bluetooth controller on top of that. They are a particularly good option for anyone who already has 8bitdo bluetooth controllers, as they work with all of them.

When I got my Mega SG, I ordered a pair of matching white 8bitdo 2.4 Ghz controllers to go with it. The whole set is just gorgeous, and performs very well.

Yeah, the Duo sounds like it's going to be pretty great. With the way the custom firmware has worked out on other Analogue systems, it is possible that other CD systems might be possible to run on the Duo as well with future custom firmware. Likely just in the 32-bit generation range, but it is still interesting to think about.

For anyone looking to get some compatible controllers for these legacy systems, I encourage the 8bitdo 2.4 Ghz model controllers. They are very affordably priced, perform well, feel good, and usually look close to what the original models did as well. If you want a bit more flexibility, you can instead get the 8bitdo bluetooth adapters. They work as well, and provide a lot more options for connecting. They will provide more expense, though, as they typically go for around $20 each, and also require you to purchase a bluetooth controller on top of that. They are a particularly good option for anyone who already has 8bitdo bluetooth controllers, as they work with all of them.

When I got my Mega SG, I ordered a pair of matching white 8bitdo 2.4 Ghz controllers to go with it. The whole set is just gorgeous, and performs very well.
Tbh krikkz genesis controller is better

Any chance of the 8BitDo SNES controllers going back in stock for the Super NT? I didn't realize it didn't come with a controller til AFTER I bought it. Stupid misleading pictures. It's out of stock everywhere I see and a quick Google search shows rumors that its out of print?

Any chance of the 8BitDo SNES controllers going back in stock for the Super NT? I didn't realize it didn't come with a controller til AFTER I bought it. Stupid misleading pictures. It's out of stock everywhere I see and a quick Google search shows rumors that its out of print?
That didn't take long - they were available (with jacked up prices) last night. Retro-Bit is releasing a wireless SNES controller with adapters next month. They'll probably show up on Amazon sometime.

https://castlemaniagames.com/products/retro-bit-legacy16-2-4ghz-wireless-controller-black

https://castlemaniagames.com/products/retro-bit-legacy16-2-4ghz-wireless-controller-grey

8BitDo restock has been very sporadic - I managed to snag the N30 controller w/ NES adapter late last year when they were out of stock for a long time. Haven't seen it in stock since then.

My black Super NT arrived today in Las Vegas NV. Received the shipping notice e-mail one hour before it arrived LOL. It was shipped yesterday from CA.

My Super NT arrived today. Still no 8BitDo controller. Has there been any news of a restock or official notice of production stop?

Both of the 8BitDo pads were in stock (according to Wario64) for a bit but looks like they sold out already.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1385081364597276673?s=20

It would have been nice if all of the adapters were available instead of just game gear for now....
Glad I saw this. I got an order in for the system but also wanted the Game Gear adapter.

My discover card got turned down for some reason, but my visa debit worked fine.

Edit: Going back after the adapter was another $27 :/ Got the screen protector as well, but don't think I'm interested in anything else.

$26 to ship a dock. Eh, not sure. Also looks like they calculate tax after adding in shipping? Seems like BS.

I must be mad. Got in an order for a black unit and a screen protector. Then I dove back in to put in an order for a white unit, a dock, and a Game Gear adapter.

The Game Gear adapter and the dock are understandable. I limited myself to a unit and a screen protector in the first order to insure that I got in, and hopefully end up in the earlier release group. But the extra white unit was pure impulse. I am heavily influenced by the white Mega SG unit I acquired. I don't want to go around using the white Pocket unit. I'll likely keep it as more of a showpiece. I seriously must be mad. Held off on acquiring collectors editions for years, and now I buy an excess Pocket because I think its going to be pretty.

Snooping around the site, I see the Duo marketing material still says coming 2021. Not a lot of time left for that to come true.

I must be mad. Got in an order for a black unit and a screen protector. Then I dove back in to put in an order for a white unit, a dock, and a Game Gear adapter.

The Game Gear adapter and the dock are understandable. I limited myself to a unit and a screen protector in the first order to insure that I got in, and hopefully end up in the earlier release group. But the extra white unit was pure impulse. I am heavily influenced by the white Mega SG unit I acquired. I don't want to go around using the white Pocket unit. I'll likely keep it as more of a showpiece. I seriously must be mad. Held off on acquiring collectors editions for years, and now I buy an excess Pocket because I think its going to be pretty.
Did they charge you tax on the shipping?

Did they charge you tax on the shipping?
I didn't even bother checking. I obviously didn't make any of these orders in an attempt to get a bargain or save money. I made two separate orders because of the sheer demand for these gizmos, and how they are planning on shipping them out over the coming year. If I had hesitated, or tried to order more stuff in my initial order, it's likely that I could have gotten pushed back into a later group, and not gotten my order until some time in late 2022 or possibly even 2023.

When I'm ordering Analogue systems, I couldn't care less about the shipping. These are premium items, items that I have no intention of ever reselling.

I didn't even bother checking. I obviously didn't make any of these orders in an attempt to get a bargain or save money. I made two separate orders because of the sheer demand for these gizmos, and how they are planning on shipping them out over the coming year. If I had hesitated, or tried to order more stuff in my initial order, it's likely that I could have gotten pushed back into a later group, and not gotten my order until some time in late 2022 or possibly even 2023.

When I'm ordering Analogue systems, I couldn't care less about the shipping. These are premium items, items that I have no intention of ever reselling.
I just think their system is screwy for including the cost of shipping when calculating tax. Back in 2020 they didn't even charge tax so obviously this tax business is not their strong point.

I just think their system is screwy for including the cost of shipping when calculating tax. Back in 2020 they didn't even charge tax so obviously this tax business is not their strong point.
Tax is charged and dictated by the government. Individual companies have no real say in how or when it gets charged, they just have to abide by what the government decides. And taxes aren't always universal, either. They can happen and change on a state-by-state basis, as well as at the federal government level. And Analogue is headquartered in Oregon, if I'm not mistaken. Taxes for on-line retailers changing is nothing new. It's understandable to not be happy about additional fees, but generally speaking this sort of thing is not up to the company in question.

wow im surprised this is still up. But I guess the third group gets theirs in 2023 so maybe its not that surprising.
Yeah, it looks like they're accepting a much larger number of pre-orders for this lot. They're probably feeling a bit more confident now that the initial production run is finished, and many of the early reviews are coming back so positive. They are probably satisfied that the demand is there for them to take pre-orders so far in advance.

Also, they added a re-Captcha to the store this time, which likely provided some defense against re-sellers spamming their site with bots.

Really hoping I got in for the first group for my first order. I can wait till mid-2022 for the dock, perhaps even until 2023. But I would much prefer to get my initial unit sometime in the first half of the year.

Tax is charged and dictated by the government. Individual companies have no real say in how or when it gets charged, they just have to abide by what the government decides. And taxes aren't always universal, either. They can happen and change on a state-by-state basis, as well as at the federal government level. And Analogue is headquartered in Oregon, if I'm not mistaken. Taxes for on-line retailers changing is nothing new. It's understandable to not be happy about additional fees, but generally speaking this sort of thing is not up to the company in question.
Uh what. This is not a state thing, this is Analogue not knowing what they are doing.

Got my pre-order in quickly. Fingers crossed my #8000-ish order number means I made it into the Q1 group. I thought about buying a case as well, but I rushed to get the unit ordered so I didn’t bother. I’d like a case, but I’m also guessing it will be easier down the line to find a case this fits it for basic protection, not to mention cheaper screen protector options. Priority one was getting the order in.

Not correct. Many states now require sales tax to be charged on shipping.
Yes, this is how it is. I double-checked my receipt. I had additional taxes applied based on the State, County, and even City that I live in. This is calculated automatically based on the shipping address I provided, and is a function of the standard on-line store software that Analogue uses. They aren't the only ones who use that store system, it's a fairly broadly used platform. Analogue themselves have no real say in how those taxes are calculated or applied.

If you're butt-hurt about additional taxes, complain to your local government. I'm actually a little relieved. I would prefer that a bit of my sales taxes go to the area I personally live in as opposed to the federal government.

Shipping is taxed so that you can't sell something for $1 with $500 shipping.  See eBay.

bread's done
Back