And the new Blizzard game is...

Yay!

Did they announce a release date? The game looks a lot farther along than I thought, I'm thinking they waited so long to announce it simply to get most of it done to avoid the Blizzard syndrome.

I'd cry if it came out at the end of 2007. I doubt it will because it's been in development for 4 years and is only at the pre alpha stage? Wow.

I laugh at the people who claim PC gaming is dead, this and Spore = greatness.

I'm a bit disappointed though, the same exact three races again... was hoping they'd throw us a new race, or at least I hope they will drastically change one of them.

This is great news ^_^. Thank god they didn't make World of Starcraft.. i think that would have killed the franchise.

I remember playing Starcraft way back in high school.. Like most people, i fell in love with it, and played it day and night. I did wear it out though, and by the time Brood War was released, I wasn't really all that into it anymore. Unfortunately, my friends in High School were never the gaming type, so i my gaming ambitions were stuck to single player games, for the most part.

I'd love to pick up Starcraft 2 and duel all my friends, but the likelihood of consistently getting my stomach punched and waking up in the morning with midnight bruises due to lack of experience doesn't appeal to me at all :/

I suppose there is ample time between now and the release of Starcraft II.. maybe i'll play through Starcraft I again.. get some skillz.. and be ready on launch day.

[quote name='Roufuss']I laugh at the people who claim PC gaming is dead, this and Spore = greatness.[/quote]

2 games? Haha.
It's not dead, just on life-support.

In any case, I WILL be picking this game up.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm a bit disappointed though, the same exact three races again... was hoping they'd throw us a new race, or at least I hope they will drastically change one of them.[/quote]

I think they already went the route of drastically changing/adding races and gameplay in Warcraft III and its expansion. I'm actually kind of glad with this IP that they arent going to make changes quite as drastic... besides, the entire RoK might invade the US and destroy Blizzards headquarters if they screwed with the formula too much.

I laugh at the people who claim PC gaming is dead, this and Spore = greatness.

Sub-topic poll question: Which one ships first? Heh, you think I'm joking.

[quote name='daroga']I always preferred to get my butt kicked in Warcraft. I've actually never really played Starcraft.

Is it possible for me to pick the original up cheap and actually not suck at the singleplayer? Doubtful! But I may, as it's something I've been meaning to do for a while.[/quote]
Well iirc, I have seen the StarCraft Battle Chest for about 20$. I'm sure you can find it on Amazon or something.

w00t can't wait :D love the first game

btw anyone looking for StarCraft Battle Chest, it's gone on sale a lot recently just in the past month I remember it being $9.99 at GameStop and $7.99 at Circuit City

[quote name='jollydwarf']I laugh at the people who claim PC gaming is dead, this and Spore = greatness.

Sub-topic poll question: Which one ships first? Heh, you think I'm joking.[/quote]

They'll both be constantly delayed to the point that they cancel each other out, and neither will have existed.
They'll just be concepts, never something you can truly play.

As long as Brian Eno releases the OST for Spore though, I can be happy.

Wooohoo!

I woke up wondering if anything new happened and I forgot about Starcraft 2! Awsome Sausage!

I am so glad they didnt drastically change it. I know alot of you did. But i'd hate it if they made it like Company of Heroes or any other type of 3D perspective.

Totally perfect for what I wanted! Woohoo!

In 2 years I bet we'll be seeing Diablo 3!

Blizzard rules...

dood it's over!!!

it's fuckin over!!

the only hope for me is that hopefully my computer cant handle the game's specs.

otherwise, it's over!!

You people thinking about upgrading, just for one game, do know that Blizzard are the kings of making games that run on all sorts of configs, correct?

Chances are, if you can still run Starcraft, you probably won't need to do a lot of upgrading to play Starcraft 2, so chances are most computers bought in the last 5 years can play Starcraft 2.

Yeah, Blizzard's games have always scaled really, really well. You can play their stuff on the biggest POS computer ever without any problem, so it shouldn't be a concern.

Anyway, I'm in for the inevitable CE.

[quote name='Chacrana']
Anyway, I'm in for the inevitable CE.[/QUOTE]

Better buy five of the CE's, it could be SUPER RAREZ!!!

I just saw a Burning Crusade CE last week at an EB, and I laughed.

I was lucky to unload my extra copy for $100 on Craigslist.

[quote name='Roufuss']Better buy five of the CE's, it could be SUPER RAREZ!!!

I just saw a Burning Crusade CE last week at an EB, and I laughed.

I was lucky to unload my extra copy for $100 on Craigslist.[/QUOTE]

I love teh super rarez!?!?! Actually, I love the perception that something's rare. Example: when I sold that Disgaea II bundle from last year for like $205.

So yes, in for 5.

[quote name='Chacrana']Anyway, I'm in for the inevitable CE.[/quote]

Hmm... I wonder if they're going to use one of those sexy boxes. Those things are pretty hot but were only used for Warcraft III, World of Warcraft, and Burning Crusade with the latest two being pretty cool. Though I don't remember one for Frozen Throne and I don't think they used a hard box for Diablo II.

[quote name='Draekon']Hmm... I wonder if they're going to use one of those sexy boxes. Those things are pretty hot but were only used for Warcraft III, World of Warcraft, and Burning Crusade with the latest two being pretty cool. Though I don't remember one for Frozen Throne and I don't think they used a hard box for Diablo II.[/QUOTE]

I'd be shocked if they didn't. Diablo II was from back like 16 years ago when collector's edition versions of games didn't have a big presence. Frozen Throne was an expansion, so Blizzard probably didn't see many people as being interested in spending extra. Of course, times change, and now, every generic piece of shit can get a CE... so why not Starcraft II -- a game that is basically guaranteed to be awesome and sell a fuckload of copies?

[quote name='Chacrana']I'd be shocked if they didn't. Diablo II was from back like 16 years ago when collector's edition versions of games didn't have a big presence. Frozen Throne was an expansion, so Blizzard probably didn't see many people as being interested in spending extra. Of course, times change, and now, every generic piece of shit can get a CE... so why not Starcraft II -- a game that is basically guaranteed to be awesome and sell a fuckload of copies?[/quote]

Yeah, I'm sure they definitely won't just throw money out the window like that. Probably know full well that idiots like me will throw that extra $20-$30 at it if it's a god damn sexy box. Maybe it'll replace my original WoW box in my room as shelf decoration.

I just hope they don't shit on us like they did with the contents of World of Warcraft. By that I mean selling all of it independantly in the official Blizzard Store. It would be nice if we got something collectors besides, you know, the box?

[quote name='Roufuss']You people thinking about upgrading, just for one game, do know that Blizzard are the kings of making games that run on all sorts of configs, correct?

Chances are, if you can still run Starcraft, you probably won't need to do a lot of upgrading to play Starcraft 2, so chances are most computers bought in the last 5 years can play Starcraft 2.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I know. I play WoW with on-board graphics. I just want to play this game maxed. :D

My computer is really bad.
I won't need to do a super upgrade or anything from the looks of the game.

So that's good. I just want it to look as detailed as it can be.

[quote name='dallow']My computer is really bad.
I won't need to do a super upgrade or anything from the looks of the game.

So that's good. I just want it to look as detailed as it can be.[/quote]

What if they end up putting in graphics and such that can only be seen with DirectX 10? :p

To the person asking about battle chest, I know we have it on clearance at Target right now, don't know how much, but we do.

I think the Hybrids are going to be like the Burning Crusade of the WC3. The ultra powerful race combined with the xel'naga that you have to stop.

And Starcraft: DOTA would be the greatest thing EVA!

This game won't be out for a looooong time....I'll have probably built my own PC or 2 by the time it launches :)

now...BRING ON STARCRAFT: GHOST!! WOO HOO! no.

Great news. Still holding for the rumored Diablo 3 Blizzcon announcement but I doubt it will happen.

Blizzard products are the only worthwhile games to ugprade a PC for this day and age. That and the few scattered gems here and there, but I enjoy being a console gamer.

[quote name='The Crotch']I've been playing the ass off of StarCraft today because of this. Up to... what? Chapter 9 of the Terran campaign? Got a long way to go. Itchin' for some multiplayer, but unless someone on here wants to take on me and my modem, I don't see that happening.

*launches nuclear missile*[/QUOTE]

I might take you on.

Seeing the announcement prompted me to watch Korean masters videos, and so in some odd way I like to think I might have their power now.

I WILL be replayed the game soon. In fact, just after I finish Diablo 2 (which was one sale at amazon the other week, and I'm trying to beat it at the moment).

To all you people bitching it wasn't Diablo III or Warcraft 4....are you the types of people who watch your favorite syndicated show, but complain when it's not your favorite episode EVERY TIME IT DOESN'T COME ON?

Also, three races is plenty. That's what bothered me about WC3. Too much, too much. There's a point where it becomes too f*cking much.

Starcraft is the true king of RTS games.

Warcraft is fun and all but WC3 I didnt like much though I thought it was good I have been waiting years for this.

Diablo is fun too but its all about PvP and who has the top equipment and the right stats, little innovation in player customization.

I cant believe people are b****ing that its not Diablo 3 or WC4, its Starcrafts turn, you Diablo fans already had a sequel.

I reinstalled Brood Wars just last week, had nothing to do with the news of SC2. Starcraft is one of THE BEST PC games, well in my opinion at least.

A Starcraft MMO would've sucked, there are just some games that doesn't fit in the MMO genre.

Be prepared to wait until at least 2009 before this game comes out. Blizzard games DO take that long.

Ehh. Couldn't really care that much about it. I stopped play Starcraft single-player after the first Zerg rush and the online has never worked for me on any of my PCs.

[quote name='The Crotch']I've been playing the ass off of StarCraft today because of this.[/QUOTE]Haha, me too. I want to go through the single player mode again, because I don't think I ever finished it. But my fiance has been making me play LAN games with him all day, which is good because maybe I'll suck less. (didn't play any online back in high school).

bread's done
Back