And the OFFICIAL eBay PS3 preorders begin...

[quote name='yuy104']ebay stopped pulling them?[/quote]
You have to be able to ship the product within 30 days of the end of the auction.

im waiting till i have it in hand, i am 3rd pre order at wherehouse so maybe ill get one from that but for sure i am camping out as well

peopole will go nuts when they are released

i willprobably hold one and see how much they go for, or if it gets more crazy near xmas...

[quote name='TahoeMax']Better make sure to make your auction an "immediate payment required" auction from buyers with confirmed addresses only or you might get stuck with a buyer like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstation-3-NIB-PS3-Premium-60GB-SOLD-OUT_W0QQitemZ290038771186QQihZ019QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For some reason I get the feeling the seller ain't gonna see a dime. Is this going to be a trend?[/quote]

I dont think ps3suckx is going to pay up either. Why would Bill Gates have a ebay account? :lol:

The best way not to get screwed is require money order or western union only. Payments. Also be on the look out for negative and/or 0 feedback bidders trying to bid up ur auction and screw u over with no payments .

Ebay = dirty flea market.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']The best way not to get screwed is require money order or western union only. Payments. Also be on the look out for negative and/or 0 feedback bidders trying to bid up ur auction and screw u over with no payments .

Ebay = dirty flea market.[/quote]

Is there anyway to limit bidding to +5 feedback or better or something like that? Who are these losers with nothing better to do with their time than fake bid on PS3s? Seriously. Who gives a shit?

[quote name='javeryh']Is there anyway to limit bidding to +5 feedback or better or something like that? Who are these losers with nothing better to do with their time than fake bid on PS3s? Seriously. Who gives a shit?[/QUOTE]

This is the internet. A nerd in Tulsa will feel like, because you're selling your PS3, he couldn't get one for $600 even though you live New Hampshire.

Shit. There are very strict rules about preselling PS3s...

You must meet the following requirements in order to pre-sell a PS3:

1. You must have a Feedback of 50 or more.
2. Your Feedback score must be 98% or above.
3. You may only list one system. You may list 1 PlayStation 3 and 1 Nintendo Wii with a photo of your pre-order receipt for each system.
4. You must accept PayPal as your only payment option.
5. You must include a photo of your receipt in the listing.
6. No Buy It Now will be allowed.
7. No one day listings will be allowed.

I have a 43 feedback that should be in the 60s but deadbeat buyers/sellers are so goddamn lazy to leave feedback. This is so annoying.

Reality's Fringe;2290398 said:
This is the internet. A nerd in Tulsa will feel like, because you're selling your PS3, he couldn't get one for $600 even though you live New Hampshire.

I know - I can't imagine the anger that these people walk around with every day. I've never been that upset about not being able to buy something in my life.

[quote name='javeryh']Shit. There are very strict rules about preselling PS3s...

3. You may only list one system. You may list 1 PlayStation 3 and 1 Nintendo Wii with a photo of your pre-order receipt for each system.

I have a 43 feedback that should be in the 60s but deadbeat buyers/sellers are so goddamn lazy to leave feedback. This is so annoying.[/quote]

Where is this new information coming from? Too bad the requirements for BIDDING on one arent that extensive

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Where is this new information coming from? Too bad the requirements for BIDDING on one arent that extensive[/quote]

Sellers can control bidding requirments

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Where is this new information coming from? Too bad the requirements for BIDDING on one arent that extensive[/quote]

[quote name='javeryh']4. You must accept PayPal as your only payment option.[/quote]

I agree but if you set your auction to only accept PayPal you can pretty much avoid the idiots out there that just make ebay accounts to f*ck with people. It's easy to create an ebay account but setting up PayPal requires you to give them your checking account info and go through a verification process. It also looks like ebay isn't allowing "Buy-it-now" on any of the auctions so you don't have to worry about people like "ps3sux". Although, if I'm doing any BIN auctions I always use the "Immediate Payment Required" option.

The auctions are listing these requirements right in the description but without a link. They do link to the presell rules for ebay though and state that they are in compliance. It seems a little stupid to make people have a 50 feedback or higher. That's a lot of feedback and I think if you can get to 20 or so with no negatives you have kind of proved yourself as trustworthy. Another 30 isn't going to add any kind of reassurance - that doesn't happen until I see someone with 200+ feedback.

this applies to preorders only? I have a couple of ps3s preordered so I guess I can try one early to see how it goes...

[quote name='tayaf69']this applies to preorders only? I have a couple of ps3s preordered so I guess I can try one early to see how it goes...[/QUOTE]
lol.. I wish I had more money.

I was thinking I could sell my preorder right now, keep the $1500+, then camp out again on launch day. The only thing holding me back is if I don't get my ps3 on launch day from gamestop. I'm number 9 on the list and I'm paranoid and still not convinced I'm going to have one.

hehe i'm with ya. I'm #8, but since nobody at my EB knew about the preorders until the morning of 10/10, none of the employees got preorders. I can see them getting half their allotment (16/2=8) and then sneaking a couple into employee hands, leaving me out in the cold.

[quote name='javeryh']Shit. There are very strict rules about preselling PS3s...

I have a 43 feedback that should be in the 60s but deadbeat buyers/sellers are so goddamn lazy to leave feedback. This is so annoying.[/QUOTE]

So they make you do the paypal thing so they can profit twice.. or get those sllers without paypal to sign up. Great move on their part but what a joke... One day Walmart or someone will come in and crush ebay and I cant wait for it.

[quote name='pinoy530']Anyone notice how so many people say they were the first in line but when you look at their receipt at says like 10:20 and for the transaction number is high? With the employees only able to reserve 2 slots, you would be transaction 1,2, or 3 and you should be pretty close to 10:00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstation-3-PS3-60-GB-Verified-Powerseller_W0QQitemZ270042942583QQihZ017QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This guy is transaction number 07 and the time is 10:34.[/quote]

From the first hand accounts I have read, a lot of the stores opened late (prepping for the pre-orders), and it took forever to them to ring up each sale. Doesn't surprise me it took 34 minutes to get to #7.

I have a 43 feedback that should be in the 60s but deadbeat buyers/sellers are so goddamn lazy to leave feedback. This is so annoying.[/QUOTE]
Ouch...I hope the requirements aren't that high to sell the actual system when it comes out.

[quote name='Setzer']I agree but if you set your auction to only accept PayPal you can pretty much avoid the idiots out there that just make ebay accounts to f*ck with people. It's easy to create an ebay account but setting up PayPal requires you to give them your checking account info and go through a verification process. It also looks like ebay isn't allowing "Buy-it-now" on any of the auctions so you don't have to worry about people like "ps3sux". Although, if I'm doing any BIN auctions I always use the "Immediate Payment Required" option.[/quote]

You still have to worry about ps3sux winning your auction because paypal isn't stopping him from bidding, just from paying for it.
Sure you can try second chance offer to the next bidding, assuming the next bidder isn't another ps3sux type person.

Buy it Now with immediate payment is the ONLY way to make sure you get paid ( still can be a fraudulent payment, but thats not as easy).

[quote name='pinoy530']Anyone notice how so many people say they were the first in line but when you look at their receipt at says like 10:20 and for the transaction number is high? With the employees only able to reserve 2 slots, you would be transaction 1,2, or 3 and you should be pretty close to 10:00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstatio...3QQihZ017QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This guy is transaction number 07 and the time is 10:34.[/QUOTE]

The Skus were not in the GS/EB system that day. There was a big buttfuck of confusion at certain stores because you had to manually add the Skus.

[quote name='javeryh']The auctions are listing these requirements right in the description but without a link. They do link to the presell rules for ebay though and state that they are in compliance. It seems a little stupid to make people have a 50 feedback or higher. That's a lot of feedback and I think if you can get to 20 or so with no negatives you have kind of proved yourself as trustworthy. Another 30 isn't going to add any kind of reassurance - that doesn't happen until I see someone with 200+ feedback.[/quote]

What I don't understand is that it can be any feedback. So somebody could theoretically just bid on ultra cheap downloadable crap for 2 days, get enough feedbacks, and list a PS3. Ebay is not differentiating between seller/buyer feedback.

P.S. I don't have a problem with it, I am just mentioning that when I buy something from someone with feedback below 100 I usually check to see how much of the feedback is seller feedback.

I have a 43 feedback that should be in the 60s but deadbeat buyers/sellers are so goddamn lazy to leave feedback. This is so annoying.[/quote]

The thing that pisses me off is that "No Buy It Now" will be allowed. What the fuck is up with that? That's how I plan to get good cash for mine.

TBW

[quote name='javeryh']It seems a little stupid to make people have a 50 feedback or higher. That's a lot of feedback and I think if you can get to 20 or so with no negatives you have kind of proved yourself as trustworthy. [/QUOTE]
Not really. A lot of scammers buy or sell very cheap items just to get feedback. Sometimes they even buy and sell to each other, so no real customers are even involved. For a big ticket item, I'd think twice about buying from someone with less than 100 feedback, and I'd check to see what kind of items they were selling, too (if possible).

[quote name='whoknows']Ouch...I hope the requirements aren't that high to sell the actual system when it comes out.[/quote]

They should be as high as humanly possible. They should even be banned completely.

That drives the market completely underground and you'll get your dick sucked behind the Olive Garden after getting handed $3K in cash.

man i'd be scared to put up my ps3 now. There are so many damn fake 0 feedback accounts bidding up the auctions.........

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']They should be as high as humanly possible. They should even be banned completely.

That drives the market completely underground and you'll get your dick sucked behind the Olive Garden after getting handed $3K in cash.[/quote]

No eBay or Paypal fees too? Sounds good to me

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']They should be as high as humanly possible. They should even be banned completely.

That drives the market completely underground and you'll get your dick sucked behind the Olive Garden after getting handed $3K in cash.[/quote]

hahaha, olive garden!? nice.

well if things don't work out, I'll just return my PS3 and get my money back...or just keep it for myself. All this BS requirments is making my penis soft.

If you are planning to scalp your PS3, you're going to encounter problems one way or another on ebay. Honestly, some of these buyers are really sick/merciless people. If you don't want them obtaining your info (residence)...My advice, try craiglist first and make the sale in city only/area.

[quote name='Dhuk']If you are planning to scalp your PS3, you're going to encounter problems one way or another on ebay. Honestly, some of these buyers are really sick/merciless people. If you don't want them obtaining your info (residence)...My advice, try craiglist first and make the sale in city only/area.[/QUOTE]
I think you're over-exaggerating with that..

[quote name='chaarlieee']I think you're over-exaggerating with that..[/QUOTE]

No. If you value your privacy, don't use eBay. Anyone that buys from you can obtain your address. I'm just going to put up flyers locally and use Craigslist and do the transactions with a bank check or actually meet at the persons bank and do it that way.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Money Orders? I thought there was an issue with Money Order scams on Craiglist.[/QUOTE]

There is, theres actually a few scams on Craigslist so im staying away from it. I e-mailed someone about a TV and then they e-mail me back saying they moved to the UK but found a service that would help us out. They give the item to the service and i western union the money to the service, then the service will give them the money once i have the item......except there is no service and there is no item, just money being sent by western union from you to a scammer(good thing i didnt fall for it).

Then theres fake money orders that get sent out or something, its all really a hassle.

Ill still sell my PS3 on ebay using paypal and just be as careful as possible and take as many pictures as possible.

[quote name='BrandonOne']No. If you value your privacy, don't use eBay. Anyone that buys from you can obtain your address. I'm just going to put up flyers locally and use Craigslist and do the transactions with a bank check or actually meet at the persons bank and do it that way.[/quote] Of course anybody that buys can know your address. You are being way too paranoid about it. You think they're going to show up at your house or mail you [something]? Maybe there might be a few situations, but you should limit who can win your auction. Allow nobody under 5 feedbacks to win, don't sell to unverified addresses, and so on.

As for meeting up with somebody, I'd say that is far more dangerous than any other method for sellng the ps3, especially if they have no feedback.

[quote name='Weedy649']There is, theres actually a few scams on Craigslist so im staying away from it. I e-mailed someone about a TV and then they e-mail me back saying they moved to the UK but found a service that would help us out. They give the item to the service and i western union the money to the service, then the service will give them the money once i have the item......except there is no service and there is no item, just money being sent by western union from you to a scammer(good thing i didnt fall for it).

Then theres fake money orders that get sent out or something, its all really a hassle.

Ill still sell my PS3 on ebay using paypal and just be as careful as possible and take as many pictures as possible.[/quote] If you do only accept money order, only accept USPS money orders because if anything goes wrong, it is a federal offense. I never accept walmart moneygram money orders or any others, just strictly USPS.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I think you're over-exaggerating with that..[/quote]

Not really, if there is a sortage, there are going to be some vengeful people who blame everyone else, but themselves. They'll have your Name,address, your PN, and e-mail. Plus you leave yourself open for negative feedback. You think ebay cares?

Actually, the new rules ebay implemented for the PS3 and wii are actually pretty good. To help protect both buyer and seller. I guess the only drawback is that You can only sell one of each, but you can thank the scum bag scammers for that.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Im just going to wait till launch day, and then put it up with BIN. Assuming I actually get mine , of course.[/quote]

That's what I'm doing. These things are going to be in such short supply no matter what. Selling at a large profit shouldn't be a problem whether you presell it now or sell it in a month with the item in hand. Actually, I think posting a ton of pictures of the actual system will help more people get comfortable that you aren't trying to scam anyone...

[quote name='javeryh']That's what I'm doing. These things are going to be in such short supply no matter what. Selling at a large profit shouldn't be a problem whether you presell it now or sell it in a month with the item in hand. Actually, I think posting a ton of pictures of the actual system will help more people get comfortable that you aren't trying to scam anyone...[/quote] Now that you guys made those points, I think I will do a BIN also--that is, if I even get my ps3 being number 9 priority at gamestop..

I'm a bit nervous at being #8 at my Ebgames. I won't sell mine unless it is in my hands. The craigslist idea is pretty solid, as long as you can find a secure place to do the transaction. A bank would be the perfect place to do the transaction. Ebay will probably fetch you the highest price though.

lol, check this out..

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-SONY-Playstation-3-60-GB-Console-Premium-Edition_W0QQitemZ330041141518QQihZ014QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"Our two College age sons were the Second and Third to PRE-ORDER this New system from EB Games(they also PAID their sister to also wait in line and she was the Fourth PRE-ORDER taken) From the Inside information we have from this store, (Our oldest Son's Girlfriend works there) They are recieving 8 of the Premium Systems on Launch Day, which, if all goes right, barring any delays from SONY or the Store, we will pick up these three systems on 11/17 and will ship one to the winning bidder of this auction."

bread's done
Back